• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

sTBQyZx.png

wspOW1b.gif

GSO, Fu.

heh

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Ugh, I hate hard killzones on maps, especially in places that can easily be reached. Either put a soft killzone there or don't make it easily accessible. And especially on maps meant for gametypes with loadouts.

EDIT: Like the Invasion map we just played. It was better in the last part, but the first part had hard killzones on places that are a simple jump away. Heck, you could all but walk onto one of them.

So la da di da di
I like to party
Dancing with Hypah
Doing whatever I want
This is my house
This is my rules

And I can't stop
And I won't stop
Can't you see it's me who own the night?
Can't you see it's me who 'bout that life?
And I can't stop,
and I won't stop
I run things, things don't run I?
Don't take nothing from nobody.

How is Hypertropper still singing.
I'm not sure, but I guess Americans don't know about Jägerbombs? Best thing ever. Trust me!

belushy

Banned
Looks like people are having fun for the Gaf customs. I'll definitely play the next time there is one. Just not feeling all that well tonight. Watching on stream though if anyone wants to chat.

That song is actually quite good.
It's a damn great one. Well. I love it right now.

Looks like people are having fun for the Gaf customs. I'll definitely play the next time there is one. Just not feeling all that well tonight. Watching on stream though if anyone wants to chat.
No. To be honest, I annoyed everyone in the customs. But I'm like Miley, I just don't give a fuck. I regret nothing. I had my fun that's what I care about.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks everyone for coming together for the HaloGAF Customs return. I had a lot of fun. Next week will be even better!

Also, I'll be PM'ing some of you questions about the customs for a HaloGAF.com write up

Fun night. Lots of variety and good stuff.

Still hate Invasion. Hated it in Reach, hate the Halo 4 version. Damn near made me quit for the night when we started that second game.

So I'll just say this, if I'm with you guys next time and Invasion pops up, don't be surprised if I quit or back out. I can try as hard as I want, I just do not enjoy that gametype.

Yaaaay fun. Will have to work better on evening the teams for Invasion next time, that was kind of brutal. Great night though, haven't seen that good of a customs lobby in ages.

FyreWulff

Sign into Reach.

Play Firefight. Eventually get matched with Inheritor in Anniversary Firefight.

Inheritor drives me off the cliff in the warthog.

Halo.

Fuchsdh

Yaaaay fun. Will have to work better on evening the teams for Invasion next time, that was kind of brutal. Great night though, haven't seen that good of a customs lobby in ages.

That's always an issue with customs.... next time do we do a FFA and distribute players against their performance there?

Either way a lot of fun--getting crushed is better if you know the guys owning you (ExWife and the damn rockets!)

Caja 117

Got a big dilemma, either buy ps4 or xbox one this year, but I know for sure that I will end up buying xbox one by the time Halo 5 gets released.

Any good advice? I stopped playing halo and got myself a ps3, as I just lost interest in Halo 4, but somehow I still have faith that 343 will get it right with Halo 5, but getting the xbox one now could mean not having a Baseball game that for me is the equivalent of Fifa to some people.

Those were good matches guys, ah the invasion really needs some fixes for the attacking side, I died several time for insivible kill zones or got stuck. Also my first shoryuken in Halo 4, well, kinda.

No. To be honest, I annoyed everyone in the customs. But I'm like Miley, I just don't give a fuck. I regret nothing. I had my fun that's what I care about.

You are still singing in my heart.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Got a big dilemma, either buy ps4 or xbox one this year, but I know for sure that I will end up buying xbox one by the time Halo 5 gets released.

Any good advice? I stopped playing halo and got myself a ps3, as I just lost interest in Halo 4, but somehow I still have faith that 343 will get it right with Halo 5, but getting the xbox one now could mean not having a Baseball game that for me is the equivalent of Fifa to some people.

Get a PS4, wait to read impressions before deciding on Halo 5 and an Xbox One.

Spoken like a true console peasant

:lol

Actually I started playing FPS's on PC, my first FPS was HL2 Deathmatch, I mean it was cool and all, but I could never really get into it.

When I got a 360, and played games like Halo, I had a lot of fun with that. I would be a large portion of the accessibility factor has to do with the controller, KB+M is more accurate, but it has a tendency to be really confusing. Of course I go back to PC from time to time to play Team Fortress 2, which is still fucking fun, but I'm sort of at a point where I enjoy talking about video games more than actually playing them.

My decisions always come down to exclusives. Knack and Killzone both look boring, and I don't care about them. Dead Rising, Forza, and Killer Instinct are all games I want to play.

Buy the console that has the exclusives you like. Don't like any of the exclusives? Get a PS4. But if you might be interested in Halo 5, then wait until 343 starts releasing information on it and buy a next-gen console later.

I'm not being pc elitist I'm saying get a good pc til you figure out if halo is going to be any good. I'm not hired yet so chances are its not going to be. In this case ps4 is probably your best bet.

I'm not being pc elitist I'm saying get a good pc til you figure out if halo is going to be any good. I'm not hired yet so chances are its not going to be. In this case ps4 is probably your best bet.

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the assholes who troll on IGN articles about consoles that are just like "PC MASTER RACE FTW GSO CONSHOLES"

Halo.

The battered Halo fan. Gotta love 'em.

NOKYARD

That is cool, will it only work for Ricochet or Dominion?

Fun night. Lots of variety and good stuff.

Still hate Invasion. Hated it in Reach, hate the Halo 4 version. Damn near made me quit for the night when we started that second game.

So I'll just say this, if I'm with you guys next time and Invasion pops up, don't be surprised if I quit or back out. I can try as hard as I want, I just do not enjoy that gametype.

We played Invasion? Must have been after i left.

Was it the modded Invasion or the new game called Conversion which is based on Dominion?

I'm not diminishing its influence. It had a huge influence, just in a terrible way. Halo Reach and Halo 4 are largely poor games because of the success of CoD.

Personally I found the single player a bit boring, but nevertheless with a game like CoD thats only half the game when so many emptyheads get it just for multiplayer.

Reach and 4 are poor games because of terrible design decisions. Not from Cod selling gangbusters.

Emptyheads? I buy Cod and never touch singleplayer, MW3 and Bo2 have 0 gamerscore and I've played them a bunch. That makes me an emptyhead right?

Fuck off with that shit.

We played Invasion? Must have been after i left.

Was it the modded Invasion or the new game called Conversion which is based on Dominion?

Modded Invasion?

Edit:

"Blast From The Past" gametype list:

Rocket Race
Rocket Hog Race
Battletracks
VIP
Stockpile
Team Power Slayer
Team Hotshot
Territories
Headhunter
Slayer gametype never seen before in the Halo franchise

I don't keep up with the modding community but i thought i heard they had either replicated, or were working on, Reach's Invasion.

Nope, there's no one working in Invasion right now. An identical Invasion port will likely never happen as core mechanics like bro spawning doesn't work in H4.

Finally, Halo 1 discussion again.

Carry on, but first allow me to post a pic for a nostalgic stroll down memory lane:

NSX5ya9.jpg

RIP 2001-2004. RIP 3 years of nonstop Halo 1 action. RIP H1 Plasma Beast Rifle. Why Bungie, why? And now 343..

-EDIT-

Yep, some really good players still go on too.

A wild Mon{G}oLoi[D] appears.

These were the good ol' days.

iXi

Top Bottom