• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

I sure did. Now I don't have to see his mouth diarrhea ever again. Well, unless I get temp banned and have to look at the forum without my ignores.

IstG59p.gif

not having dark theme for that week sucked, though

daedalius

Dude, just ignore them and enjoy your new-found bliss. No need to post every time. It's unnecessary and doesn't help to counteract their shit posts.

That is what I generally do, I guess I post in the foolish hope that it would somehow counteract their shit posts.

But it never does...

daedalius

It does, and that's what people expected this year, some sort of a remake/update or "expansion"/side-game.

I for one am surprised that it isn't happening.

Halo 2 Anniversary tho!

I really enjoyed that campaign, even though I find the prevailing sentiment is against it.

Halo 2 Anniversary campaign + Halo 2 maps for H4, only legendary BR gametypes. That would be really nice.

I just need to vent here. 6+ year relationship just ended in a really bad way. I just. Ugh.

Brutal :(

It does, and that's what people expected this year, some sort of a remake/update or "expansion"/side-game.

I for one am surprised that it isn't happening.

Halo: Spartan Assault would count, despite not being an Xbox game. But the title has been pretty much DOA, so it's easily forgettable as far as brand perception goes.

Halo 2 Anniversary tho!

I really enjoyed that campaign, even though I find the prevailing sentiment is against it.

Halo 2 Anniversary campaign + Halo 2 maps for H4, only legendary BR gametypes. That would be really nice.
Yeah, but with Halo 5 next year (lol remember when a bunch of people thought 3-year cycle was going to be a thing?) I assumed we'd get a Halo 2 "HD" this year.

Seemed like a perfect thing to have to the new Xbox at launch.
Halo: Spartan Assault would count, despite not being an Xbox game. But the title has been pretty much DOA, so it's easily forgettable as far as brand perception goes.
Eh, I don't know if I'd count a $7 game that isn't available on Xbox.

Posting a picture of a happy couple to a guy who just had a breakup. Classic gaf.

Sorry to hear that demon, it'll all work out!

Hahahahaha that was kinda my reaction, but the vodka makes it funny so its all good!

Man, I just hope she gets help. She really needs it. and she realized it. until he fucking deluded her. Selfish asshole.

IHaveIce

Banned
Nice to see the bulletin shoutout to Tashi for all his hard work?

Oh, still nothing? Got it.
Let's boycott 343 until a monument is built for tashi at 343!

Sorry to hear Demon, know this shit. Don't drink toooo much. Remember Alcohol can be dangerous when you have a down

At least she realized it.

Sorry to hear. :/

Yeah.. shes seemingly on the verge of multiple-personalities.. she came from an abusive home and it effected her. A lot. Recently shes been panicking, etc.. and well, one thing leads to the, she gets convinced shes fine, and that I am trying to convince her she's crazy to control her (something her parents did try, but that was before the issues came up). So, she projected that upon me, and went over the deep end, suddenly, dramatically.

Theres a lot more to it, but Im collectively running on like 6 hours of sleep for these past two days.

I just lost my best friend. =(

Fuchsdh

Nice to see the bulletin shoutout to Tashi for all his hard work?

Oh, still nothing? Got it.
He's interviewed in there, just not for his CC role.

Nice to see they're going to try and do more with Throwdown.

Sorry for the breakup Demon, I've been going out with the same girl for seven years and I dunno what it's be like to break up after all this time. I hope things turn out all right in the end.

Yup. A coworker she legit doesn't even really know, only from fb. Her best friend has been calling me, and trying to talk to her, but now she wont talk to her either.Her friend Jen is as worried as I am, shes scared as hell for her. Shes freaking out, big time, and shes refusing to see it now. She had a therapy appointment today, but she isn't going.

Yup. A coworker she legit doesn't even really know, only from fb. Her best friend has been calling me, and trying to talk to her, but now she wont talk to her either.Her friend Jen is as worried as I am, shes scared as hell for her. Shes freaking out, big time, and shes refusing to see it now. She had a therapy appointment today, but she isn't going.

Love's a bitch dude, I'm sorry to hear it. D:

Love's a bitch dude, I'm sorry to hear it. D:

Its not even that- I lost feelings for her like that a little while back, after she began this cycle. I love her, more than you can imagine.. but the romantic feelings weren't there. She was my best friend, and I wanted her to get help. She wanted help. She was always reading up on what she may have, etc, and settled on 'borderline personality disorder'. It describes her almost identically. But she really, really was growing more and more paranoid at an alarmingly fast rate. Its like I have been living with 3 or 4 different people. She began to leave herself notes to get help and to trust me, on her own accord, when happy and healthy... but that other side has just fucking taken over. He saw her uncertainty and seized it to get her, and by doing such has convinced her that she's fine and I'm a monster. Believe me. Her and I are done. It kills me, but we are. I love her, but I am done. But I cannot give up on her, I need her to get help before I let her go completely. I will not lose her twice, she has been having suicidal thoughts, and if she is left to this image and begins to believe I know she will get worse, and her lows will be dangerous. And he won't help her. I fucking knew about him and reached out for help from him to help her the other night when didn't come home. We talked, both scared for her well being. Well, after she was found, he then used it against me (I'm not on the details), and apparently said I was crazy and aggressive, or something. Meanwhile I was thinking "Oh, he sounds like an okay guy." and genuinely thanked him for anything, and kept him in the loop. That fucking asshole has preyed on her vulnerability, her paranoia, and then lied on top of it to seal the deal.

Ramirez

I don't know the whole story obviously, but uh, just sounds like she wanted out and thinks her coworker is her knight in shining armor. Been there, move on and thank your lucky stars you all don't have kids, you'll be better off. My two cents.

I don't know the whole story obviously, but uh, just sounds like she wanted out and thinks her coworker is her knight in shining armor. Been there, move on and thank your lucky stars you all don't have kids, you'll be better off. My two cents.

Yeah, I do get that. But I just can't let her out of my life until I'm sure she will seek help. She has a lot of demons, and now she is convinced they were a fairytale. I will not abandon my best friend, I can't. I'm reaching out to her older brother who left home the same way she did due to their parents.. he means the world to her. If I know he will be there to take care of her, in one way or another, I will be happy.

Obviously there is a shit ton more to all this, and a ton of context. But its just too much to get into right now, I think I could literally write a damn book about it.

But either way, this isn't about getting her back, that ship has sailed. Its about making sure doesn't lose herself to these issues. Normal people don't love their best friend one day, the next day call from work them saying she thinks a demon literally made her crazy, calling multiple times saying she trusts me, she doesn't, she does, she doesn't. And then, I'm not coming home. Shes not like that, she has been going off the deep end, and I am fucking terrified for her.

FyreWulff

If you believe she is in imminent danger of harming herself, you need to contact the police.

Otherwise knightboy is feeding her what she wants to hear and is just going to dig in harder in not letting you help her. It sucks, oh lord it sucks, but you can't hold yourself responsible if you've done all you could. Tell her brother what's up and monitor it from there. Knightboy is going to have a harder time deflecting her brother if he feels she needs help.

I've been in a similar situation where someone who was doing fine got one of those "mental health issues are not real / psychology is fake" people in their life and were convinced everything was fine since they felt fine and stopped treatment cold turkey. Those people are up there in the tiers of assholes.

Edit: ban me, I'm stupid
huh?

If you believe she is in imminent danger of harming herself, you need to contact the police.

Otherwise knightboy is feeding her what she wants to hear and is just going to dig in harder in not letting you help her. It sucks, oh lord it sucks, but you can't hold yourself responsible if you've done all you could. Tell her brother what's up and monitor it from there. Knightboy is going to have a harder time deflecting her brother if he feels she needs help.

At this very moment, I don't, but when kinda snaps out of this she will crash. hard. And I'm afraid she may then.

I should have never reached out to him, I am too damn quick to trust people sometimes. =/
But I know her Brother will help her.. he will probably fucking murder that guy though, hahaha. (not being entirely serious or literal)

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Not sure if it's been fixed yet, but when reading the bulletin last night I got supremely annoyed at the video advertisement that autoplayed as soon as the page loaded. If you're trying to sell me DLC with a funny video, don't subject me to an unrelated commercial first - especially if I'm in a different browser tab wondering where the hell this audio is coming from.

I blame Tashi.

I had the same experience.

I also blame Tashi

Top Bottom