• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Not sure if it's been fixed yet, but when reading the bulletin last night I got supremely annoyed at the video advertisement that autoplayed as soon as the page loaded. If you're trying to sell me DLC with a funny video, don't subject me to an unrelated commercial first - especially if I'm in a different browser tab wondering where the hell this audio is coming from.

I blame Tashi.
Yeah, that was pretty annoying. I was thinking to myself "when the hell did Sarge join Dream Theater?"

BigShow36

Not sure if it's been fixed yet, but when reading the bulletin last night I got supremely annoyed at the video advertisement that autoplayed as soon as the page loaded. If you're trying to sell me DLC with a funny video, don't subject me to an unrelated commercial first - especially if I'm in a different browser tab wondering where the hell this audio is coming from.

I blame Tashi.

Don't subject me to a "funny" video to buy DLC when your game sucks and you contributed to the ruination of my favorite franchise.

Don't go to the site. Why you'd read the Bulletin when you hate the game and think they ruined the entire franchise is beyond me.

Maybe he's hoping they're making fixes, which they are?

Even if they're not the leaps and bounds he's expecting, you know he only doth protests so vocally to get a rise out of people like you, right?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

Even if they're not the leaps and bounds he's expecting, you know he only doth protests so vocally to get a rise out of people like you, right?

If my reply was considered "getting a rise out of" then I guess. I just find it interesting as a case study in masochism.

SP9EKmS.gif

BigShow36

Don't go to the site. Why you'd read the Bulletin when you hate the game and think they ruined the entire franchise is beyond me.

I didn't read the bulletin or go to the site; I was merely commenting based on other's comments.

I don't do it to get a rise out of people, I do it because it's genuinely how I feel.

I don't do it to get a rise out of people, I do it because it's genuinely how I feel.

I know, I know. I don't mean deliberately trolling, I'm just saying when you're being stern about a return to basics and actively criticizing 343 instead of getting slrpy with old halo (think unknown), the ones that do like the "they're not robots / monsters / but it has its own voice" crowd is going to get fussy.

Not that it's a bad thing, by any means.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Really has nothing to do with who likes or hates Halo, more something I always find odd. Commentary on a thing someone actively hates, yet keeps indulging in. Fascinating. Like people who "like" the Cleveland Browns.

BigShow36

Really has nothing to do with who likes or hates Halo, more something I always find odd. Commentary on a thing someone actively hates, yet keeps indulging in. Fascinating. Like people who "like" the Cleveland Browns.

I find that odd as well, but I'm curious what you mean by "indulging in." I don't play Halo, I don't read the bulletins, the only "Halo" thing I do now is pine for better days on here, and that's on rare occassions these days.

You don't like Tashi. We get it.

Tell us something we haven't heard a thousand times already.
People hate Tashi? That's a thing now! Unbelievable! I had very optimistic opinion about humans until I read that.

Anyway, Bulletin was entertaining read. Seeing the Prefect armor gives me the urge to play Halo 4.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member
If that was the case this thread would have 5 replies.

Exactly. I feel more people should speak their mind rather than worry about offending the devs (my perception of some posts). I bought a product, a product from a franchise that I enjoyed a lot, a product that was described as going back to Halo's roots.

What I got was a random, incomplete, noobified, codified mess. I am unhappy with the product that I spent my money on. I no longer play it but why shouldn't I criticise it from time to time?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
If that was the case this thread would have 5 replies.

Top Gun was one of the hardest games of all time, mostly the landing part.

Skill gap was huge. Auto aim was way turned down in Top Gun and the dogfighting kill times were short.

I blame Tashi.
Its called adblock plus.

I know, I know. I don't mean deliberately trolling, I'm just saying when you're being stern about a return to basics and actively criticizing 343 instead of getting slrpy with old halo (think unknown), the ones that do like the "they're not robots / monsters / but it has its own voice" crowd is going to get fussy.

Not that it's a bad thing, by any means.

M6D in your mouth.

I find that odd as well, but I'm curious what you mean by "indulging in." I don't play Halo, I don't read the bulletins, the only "Halo" thing I do now is pine for better days on here, and that's on rare occassions these days.

Explain that one Deadly. You just mindlessly defend Halo when it doesn't need to be. The game still sells millions and it's very obvious how much Halo devs/management have shat on their fans over the years.

Fuchsdh

Why do they bother interviewing voice actors? They don't know anything about the games themselves. How much nonsense did the Duke Nukem VA spout before that game came out?

Saw this from Wangtime on Waypoint (the interviewer) and there is some forum chatter plus some luck involved he may have a future interview with Tim Dadabo the voice of guilty spark next.
Ahh very nice :D
This was enjoyable and interesting to learn more about the man behind the MP narrator voice and his past & future endeavours.

Looking forward to Tim Dadabo's interview. Hopefully it's just as good as Steitzers.

Why do they bother interviewing voice actors? They don't know anything about the games themselves. How much nonsense did the Duke Nukem VA spout before that game came out?

Didnt he have to know about he is saying? or they just give him a paper with the words

I rarely heard his voice outside the english trailers.

Top Bottom