• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

belushy

Banned
The same thing happened to me with Race. I know how it feels, man especially when someone claimed they made it, but fortunately it's almost never a major issue considering most people don't know about it (and I'll make sure it stays this way).

Your gametypes are amazing and I look forward to seeing more from you in the future. :)

Says this is your first post, even though you joined in 2012. Welcome to gaf? :p Love your mods

Nowise10

I honestly feel as if Microsoft is paying them to give it that spot. Their is litterally no other semi-logical reason or explanation on how they think Halo 4 is the third best game, out of every single game on Xbox 360. It literally doesn't make any sense.

Omni

Mass Effect is a boring overrated series.

cupcake-dog.gif

You're a boring overrated series!

I honestly feel as if Microsoft is paying them to give it that spot. Their is litterally no other semi-logical reason or explanation on how they think Halo 4 is the third best game, out of every single game on Xbox 360. It literally doesn't make any sense.

I doubt it. Sometimes i listen to the ign 360 podcast and they seem naive and have lower standards compared to other industry people or vets. That probably has more to do with it.

Synth is starting a modded gametypes test lobby in about 10 minutes, message synth92 if you wanna join. Remember to not share the gametypes to the public, they're TEST only gametypes.

almost everyone that posts in this thread is bad at halo

gso everyone else

in a top ten list, i'm like two tashis duct-taped together and covered in walshy bacon bits

Actual halo question: in a Shield World, would a horizon be a thing? I mean, think about it. If the entire thing's essentially concave from the inside, wouldn't you be seeing an ascending not-quite-horizon like on a Halo, but multiplied since it's a sphere?

I'm confused, and I'm not even going to pretend that I know what you're talking about.

Check the name on the quote. I'm just screwing with you. xoxo

daedalius

2nd level of Halo:CE is really incredible. I don't understand why that isn't the model for more campaign levels. If it had the polish and tech of "The Ark" and "The Covenant", it would probably be the best Halo level in existence.

Multiple areas of objectives, multiple ways into said areas/approaches.

Yet in H4, vast majority of the time, we get a corridor :| (a very pretty corridor at least)

J10

Banned
2nd level of Halo:CE is really incredible. I don't understand why that isn't the model for more campaign levels. If it had the polish and tech of "The Ark" and "The Covenant", it would probably be the best Halo level in existence.

Yet in H4, vast majority of the time, we get a corridor :| (a very pretty corridor at least)

Because we're dumb and we'll get lost and never finish the game.

Mace Griffin

Neo Member

I think its a combination of mutual back rubbing and being completely clueless.

I'll give you an example. IGN reviewed a PC game called Rise of The Triad which is a modern remake of an old school FPS. The game is extremely fast and quite difficult. In the video review something like the following is said:

IGN numpty 1 "So you like old school fps right?"

IGN numpty 2 "Yeah, I really like old school fps"

The guy (numpty 2) who is playing basically plays the game exactly like CoD, running straight forward with little strafing and aiming down sights all the time (ADS makes no difference to how guns perform in ROTT and is purely visual). He gets utterly destroyed on normal difficulty as he has no idea how to play the game even though he is apparently a fan of old school fps. Its hilarious.

He then gives the game a really bad rating for reasons that don't even make sense. For example he heavily criticises graphics which while not amazing are reasonable and certainly worthy of 7/10 overall. He also criticises the AI which is generally solid but nothing special even though again he can't even get through the first level of the game as he keeps dying so its certainly good enough to get the job done.

Nowise10

In literally every vidoc from every Halo game they mention that friggin level.

It honestly isn't that amazing. Reach gives more variety in almost every single level besides The Package. Halo 4 has a few missions that give alot of routes for you to take besides the obvious one.

The sweet, sweet fruits of tonight's labor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVr5SMTNeAo

"What state you at!?"

"You smell like Haitian sperm!"

"NEW YORK STATE! NEW YORK STATE!"

This guy is hilarious.

EDIT:

"Are you gay? What are you, Canadian? You ain't know what the fuck lunch money is?"

"Well gay people don't eat lunch it's true..."

"This ____ is from Norway! Yo, don't even tell me you're gay! I'll have you killed! My ____ you'll wake up with no social security!"

:lol :lol :lol :lol

"NEW YORK STATE! NEW YORK STATE!"

This guy is hilarious.

EDIT:

"Are you gay? What are you, Canadian? You ain't know what the fuck lunch money is?"

"Well gay people don't eat lunch it's true..."

"This ____ is from Norway! Yo, don't even tell me you're gay! I'll have you killed! My ____ you'll wake up with no social security!"

:lol :lol :lol :lol

"Wait, when?"

And the delay after is amazing.

Top Bottom