• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

FyreWulff

Dammit, I didn't learn this language to read these other languages.

I hate you so much, Gui.

Den erlenkonig mit kron und schwief

I remember you could switch your Xbox to German and the announcer in Halo 2 multiplayer would switch to german. German announcer was really into it. Yelled a lot of things.

And of course, "Schnappschuss" for Halo 4 sticking out from the German version

Fuchsdh

I'm german. GERMAN PRIDE, SUCKAS

i really hate how any notion of german nationality immediately comes off as neo-nazism

My father's side of the family left in the 1920s and ran ops for the OSS during WWII so I can be entirely guilt-free on that front.

My mother's side is slave-owning, Indian-killing, Lincoln hating southern Marylanders.

Oui oui, HaloGaf.

I know some more french, but not enough to be relevant to this conversation
KuGsj.gif

For real? FOR REAL?

I have a German mother and a Puerto Rican father. I wad born in North Dakota, moved to Japan at three months old, and then again to Northwest Florida at age 7.

So yeah, all the Weird Wahrer Shit is a matter of bloodlines and living in 3 of the weirdest places on Earth in a masterful triple whammy. Wahrer's German for "truer," dude! It's in the name!

Fun fact: ExWife has a dead grandpappy that lives about an hour north of me and Prinz Eugn lived close by not too long ago. Small world

the fact that HaloGAF and FloridaGAF are about 50% overlapping explains a lot

My father's side of the family left in the 1920s and ran ops for the OSS during WWII so I can be entirely guilt-free on that front.

My mother's side is slave-owning, Indian-killing, Lincoln hating southern Marylanders.

My father's family are descendant from the native Mixtecans that fought against the invasion spain army, the mexican independency and the mexican revolution while
my mother's family were in the spain colonization in Mexico and problably use my father's family as pawns to free new spain.

Fuchsdh

Yeah, it was a good listen. Can't wait for the Bungie podcast tomorrow.

About time, it feels like forever ago I was listening to the podcasts to pass the time during coding sessions.

I'd love 343 to do more podcasts as well. I know there's scheduling nightmares and editing time-sinks, but they're always a lot of fun and they make work go a lot faster.

JDHarbs

So... Half-Life 3 getting announced tomorrow?

I've never even played a single Half Life game in my life.
Next announcement isn't until noon on Wednesday. I almost certainly doubt its HL3. They still have a controller and "living room device" to reveal.

Madness

This talk of Gui and nationality, I was at the gym few days ago, saw this athletic bald (white/spaniard) dude, and he had this huge Portugal flag tattoo on his arm, with the words "one of a kind", got to talking a bit after, said he came to Canada like 10+ years ago, said he played in the Primera liga or something and then for the national 'soccer' team in the 80's. He's a soccer coach for some 'select' club nearby now. Didn't get his exact name though. If he made the national Portugal team, he had to have been some kind of international stud right? Portugal has always been dominant right?

Don't know how old you are, but if I see him again, I'll ask for his exact name, maybe you or your dad would know who he was.

I have a German mother and a Puerto Rican father. I wad born in North Dakota, moved to Japan at three months old, and then again to Northwest Florida at age 7.

So yeah, all the Weird Wahrer Shit is a matter of bloodlines and living in 3 of the weirdest places on Earth in a masterful triple whammy. Wahrer's German for "truer," dude! It's in the name!

Fun fact: ExWife has a dead grandpappy that lives about an hour north of me and Prinz Eugn lived close by not too long ago. Small world

I'm German. I live in Germany. Never have lived anywhere else and I know that wahrer is the masculine variant of the adjective wahr. I ain't stupid.

IHaveIce

Banned

I greet you fellow german GAFfer.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Looks like people are hyped for Halo 3 huh? Good, because I was going to have customs night on Halo 3 for its Anniversary on Saturday.

Top Bottom