• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

In college I would play halo all night long after class. Go to bed at like 4 am, wake up late and miss class, go to one or two classes, come home, and do it all again. I had friends in every time zone from London to San Diego. Shit was gross. Kyle was my right hand man at almost all times. Now? Halo is garbage and I can barely get anyone to play with me and if I do it's only for like 3-4 games at most.

Halo 3 was the best time period of halo. Maybe not the best halo, but those times were the peak of enjoyment from the series. Shit has tanked so unbelievably hard after Reach, and that game wasn't even any good.

Lesson to be learned is college was the shit.

Never leave school kids!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Lesson to be learned is college was the shit.

Never leave school kids!
Just take the good parts and recreate it as much as you can in your post-school life while also being responsible and stuff. I feel like the thing that people most often miss about their college years is the sense of community, and while that's way easier to foster in a campus setting, it's also possible in adulthood. The other major thing people seem to miss is the sense of fulfillment and mental / creative stimulation, which is often times devoid in the nine-to-five grind of career life.

In short: work to create community + chase your dreams as much as life let's you.

Halo

IHaveIce

Banned
What do you mean online would have been shit with abusing stuff?

As for the bolded, literally not one of those exists.
<--This is not a hyperbole.

-EDIT-

Genuinely asking and I hope you didn't take my comment with any malicious intent lol
No offense taken.

I meant a game just shows its dark sides once you play against or with the biggest idiots, who try to do everything to get shit done, Halo 2 had these issues. Glitches, bugs and more.

And then call me the one! The chosen one

Edit: lol the no scope gametype sounds stupid as hell

daedalius

Really got back to that cardboard tube fov, regenerator/power drain, horribly inconsistent br, absurd murder laser, ar starts on Valhalla goodness that is halo 3 tonight.

It's so good! (Shoulda played mlg)

Serious though, how were ar starts on Valhalla ever a thing, and why is it in regular slayer when it's a btb map?

Really got back to that cardboard tube fov, regenerator/power drain, horribly inconsistent br, absurd murder laser, ar starts on Valhalla goodness that is halo 3 tonight.

It's so good! (Shoulda played mlg)

Serious though, how were ar starts on Valhalla ever a thing, and why is it in regular slayer when it's a btb map?

SMGs on Coagulation.

Omni

Been rough night tonight. Just found out a friend of mine killed herself. She was only 17 and was like a sister to me. Fuck bullying. fuck.

Lots of alcohol, radio silence and maybe some Halo 3 campaign to keep my mind off things seems like a good idea right about now. Sorry about rant... but sometimes you gotta vent. If I get banned for being OT then w/e. See you guys on the flipside.

^^Damn man, my condolences.

Well. It means you set video games over your friends which is kind of idiotic to do except your friends are Mr. Right Hand and Ms. Left Hand.

Not really, since I was playing games with those friends. Right now though, we don't have a game we all play together, so we hang out much more IRL, instead of online.

Gui_PT

Wow my ears are burning, have you guys been talking about m...Oh god why have you said these things about me and Bam Bam Bigelow and that guy from the hood, Xand? I am a decent human being, I do not engage in such activities!

Sorry to hear that Rosso.

Been rough night tonight. Just found out a friend of mine killed herself. She was only 17 and was like a sister to me. Fuck bullying. fuck.

Lots of alcohol, radio silence and maybe some Halo 3 campaign to keep my mind off things seems like a good idea right about now. Sorry about rant... but sometimes you gotta vent. If I get banned for being OT then w/e. See you guys on the flipside.

Goddamn, bullying such a fucking bitch. Why can't people just be decent human beings to each other?

Tawpgun

Official No Scopes Gametype hnnnnnnnngggggggggggg

"Players will start with both the Beam Rifle and UNSC Sniper Rifle. Extensive playtesting went into this game type, and we decided to start players with the Beam Rifle as the primary weapon due to the fact that un-zoomed kills with this weapon come at a faster and smoother pace, and we believe that this leads to an optimal flow (as well as laughing, chaos, and epic multi-kills). As always, we look forward to hearing your feedback about this game type."

smh

"Players will start with both the Beam Rifle and UNSC Sniper Rifle. Extensive playtesting went into this game type, and we decided to start players with the Beam Rifle as the primary weapon due to the fact that un-zoomed kills with this weapon come at a faster and smoother pace, and we believe that this leads to an optimal flow (as well as laughing, chaos, and epic multi-kills). As always, we look forward to hearing your feedback about this game type."

smh

More like, impossible to miss. It's actually impressive when you miss a shot with an unscoped beam rifle.

Tawpgun

The fun in no scopes doesn't come in super easy beam rifle blains.

Its those intense fights to see who will land that first or final shot, pulling off an incredible snipe etc.

Just add this to the list of "How out of touch are you with your game" decisions 343 has made.

The fun in no scopes doesn't come in super easy beam rifle blains.

Its those intense fights to see who will land that first or final shot, pulling off an incredible snipe etc.

Just add this to the list of "How out of touch are you with your game" decisions 343 has made.

What do you mean? Extensive playtesting went into this!

from really bad kids

Tawpgun

Then again, the argument can be made that WE ARE out of touch with the majority of the gaming populace that wants fast, easy cheap kills.

RIP gaming

Enfinit

I'd just like to know the reasoning behind the aim assist changes in the sniper rifle, especially the difference between the Beam Rifle and the regular Sniper. Why the fuck is the Beam Rifle's aim assist easier than any other weapon? I'd really, really like to know the reasoning behind these bullshit changes.

I'd just like to know the reasoning behind the aim assist changes in the sniper rifle, especially the difference between the Beam Rifle and the regular Sniper. Why the fuck is the Beam Rifle's aim assist easier than any other weapon? I'd really, really like to know the reasoning behind these bullshit changes.

you know why ; )

Tawpgun

wheelchair.jpg

Booties

Banned
Just take the good parts and recreate it as much as you can in your post-school life while also being responsible and stuff. I feel like the thing that people most often miss about their college years is the sense of community, and while that's way easier to foster in a campus setting, it's also possible in adulthood. The other major thing people seem to miss is the sense of fulfillment and mental / creative stimulation, which is often times devoid in the nine-to-five grind of career life.

In short: work to create community + chase your dreams as much as life let's you.

Halo

I think people miss deadlines, assignments, and getting drunk.

Then again, the argument can be made that WE ARE out of touch with the majority of the gaming populace that wants fast, easy cheap kills.

RIP gaming

One could, but the numbers aren't there.

Tawpgun

I think people miss deadlines, assignments, and getting drunk.

One could, but the numbers aren't there.

I think the numbers are there...

More people played Infinity Slayer and BTB. More people play CoD. People have a tendency to vote for the most broken map because when exploited you can get easy kills ie Swordbase in Infection or Complex all the time.

Booties

Banned
I think the numbers are there...

More people played Infinity Slayer and BTB. More people play CoD. People have a tendency to vote for the most broken map because when exploited you can get easy kills ie Swordbase in Infection or Complex all the time.

I guess. CoD clearly wins because it does it best. Halo 4 never captured that audience and that's why it's at like 25k players/day.

FYC

Banned

That's terrible. If you wanna PM me, feel free. I lost someone to suicide as well, and almost committed suicide a couple of times in high school.

...Halo! Back to Halo. I have been addicted to Rise of the Triad lately, but next time we do a Halo game night I'd love to play. I keep fucking missing them :\

I guess. CoD clearly wins because it does it best. Halo 4 never captured that audience and that's why it's at like 25k players/day.

They never captured it because it's impossible. This goes to every other game that tries to do it as well. COD players will only play COD, that is what developers need to understand. If the playlist for infinity is the most played it's because that is what 343 showed as the default mode. I doubt it is worth it to have that playlist the most populated when overall the numbers are embarrassingly low for a Halo game. Reach and any other Halo title a year later was easily 100k+. Halo 4 is 20k and still two months away from being a year old.

It doesn't even peak at those numbers anymore. GTA V brought it to about 18k or less. Once the new consoles are released and Halo 3 becomes free (lol) Halo 4 will be pretty lifeless.

It doesn't even peak at those numbers anymore. GTA V brought it to about 18k or less. Once the new consoles are released and Halo 3 becomes free (lol) Halo 4 will be pretty lifeless.

I bet Halo 3 or Reach will surpass the Halo 4 numbers this fall lol.

18K peak?

Good Enough™!

image.php

Obscured

Wanted to get in a few games on 3 so managed just before midnight to make it count. Big team was dead, couldn't even get a game, but social slayer was surprisingly easy to get a game going quickly and even for the most part even had a green bars most of the time and actually grouped up with some cool people almost right away, even coming together across different teams. We did get one irritating guy in the lobby, but only one match so that isn't too bad.

I couldn't 4-shot at all (It actually looked like I was hitting them, but they never dropped in 4) and took me a few games to remember where to find BRs, but then nobody really seemed to be completely on their game. Overall, just fun and good to revisit, though I didn't see all the maps I would have like to have played on. I'll probably try to throw it in again as the connections were much better than I would have thought.

But man, does it feel like you move slow.

Fuchsdh

Wanted to get in a few games on 3 so managed just before midnight to make it count. Big team was dead, couldn't even get a game, but social slayer was surprisingly easy to get a game going quickly and even for the most part even had a green bars most of the time and actually grouped up with some cool people almost right away, even coming together across different teams. We did get one irritating guy in the lobby, but only one match so that isn't too bad.

I couldn't 4-shot at all (It actually looked like I was hitting them, but they never dropped in 4) and took me a few games to remember where to find BRs, but then nobody really seemed to be completely on their game. Overall, just fun and good to revisit, though I didn't see all the maps I would have like to have played on. I'll probably try to throw it in again as the connections were much better than I would have thought.

But man, does it feel like you move slow.

I feel immensely floaty. I do think 343 nailed the feeling of being heavy and weighty yet still fast and capable. Also 3 is pretty bad in terms of feedback if you turn off the sound. It's fun to appreciate the strengths of the game as well as recognize where Reach and 4 topped it.

I feel immensely floaty. I do think 343 nailed the feeling of being heavy and weighty yet still fast and capable. Also 3 is pretty bad in terms of feedback if you turn off the sound. It's fun to appreciate the strengths of the game as well as recognize where Reach and 4 topped it.

This x1000000000

Reach nailed it in terms of feedback, everything from how the weapon feels, to the shield flares, Halo 4 is slightly inferior in terms of feedback, the shield flares aren't as apparent, but the hit markers pretty much make up for that.

Fuchsdh

This x1000000000

Reach nailed it in terms of feedback, everything from how the weapon feels, to the shield flares, Halo 4 is slightly inferior in terms of feedback, the shield flares aren't as apparent, but the hit markers pretty much make up for that.

I think Reach would be hard to beat just because it had the "no death until shields pop" mechanic, which was great in theory if not in execution. Bleed through inherently makes it more of a guessing game.

DeadNames

Banned
I think Reach would be hard to beat just because it had the "no death until shields pop" mechanic, which was great in theory if not in execution. Bleed through inherently makes it more of a guessing game.

Nothing worse than getting one shot by a sniper even though I had full shields and got hit in the body.

ElRenoRaven

All this talk about Halo 3 is heart warming. Makes me sad though because I'm not about to resubscribe to live to play some Halo 3 for a time or two. Hurry up and get Halo 3 with MP out on Steam already damn it MS.

So hard to find a match! Rumble Pit has 0 players. Tried Social Slayer and I've been able to find couple of matches.

The counts are a lie, Daedilililiius and I went in Halo 3 last night and people were getting matched in Big Team even though the count said Zero (but would always reset before starting a game anyway). Social Slayer was surprisingly reliable for finding people, although it's crapshoot between super terrible people and guys who apparently have only been playing 3 since it came out (5-star Generals in Social Slayer).

Top Bottom