• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

IHaveIce

Banned
If they aren't going to actually come out, state their names and jobs, then there's always going to be a credibility gap, especially for fanboys, attention whores or idiots to fill with nonsense.

Once the consoles actually come out, we'll know for sure. Until then I'm not buying the crap any of these guys are selling any more than I believe everything PR from Sony and Microsoft tells us.

Helljumper is good, Fall of Reach is good, Bloodlines is okay (Spartan characters are pretty weak), Uprising is forgettable.
Thing is people would lose their jobs if they just tell it. You know .. these insiders have shown credible infomration to the mods because otherwise they would have been banned for just saying rumours without sources.

So probably the jobs are known to the mods

Fuchsdh

Thing is people would lose their jobs if they just tell it. You know .. these insiders have shown credible infomration to the mods because otherwise they would have been banned for just saying rumours without sources.

So probably the jobs are known to the mods
I know they'd be fired, just like I would be if I blabbed about my business online. Doesn't mean I trust whatever credentials they may or may not have shown the mods. My point was the fact that no one in the industry has the guts to go on record means that it's entirely suspect.

Wait a minute.

20131018020223!677Espurr.png

N5DJW1N.png

:O

#2snoopy4me

COD Extinction Mode

We need some S-4 lands a flood planet with unkwon forms ala Halo Wars

Fuck me what a dull, uninspired looking mode. Zombies was pretty shit but this is on another level. CoD SP gameplay is not good enough to hold its own. It excells at online because quick kill times, quick respawns and a myraid of cool shit to blow people up with is fun.

Without the cheesy popcorn action storyline the vs AI gameplay has nothing compelling. Spec Ops in MW2 was good because they actually had a nice difficulty curve to them but wave after wave of shit with some mild objective flavouring sprinkled on top is not fun.

Ugh, I couldn't care less about Ghosts. I'll grab it cheap to play the SP or get my GF to borrow it from work. No way am I buying another CoD Blops 2 was garbage, Blops 1 was shitty. MW2 was the last one I enjoyed.

Fuck me what a dull, uninspired looking mode. Zombies was pretty shit but this is on another level. CoD SP gameplay is not good enough to hold its own. It excells at online because quick kill times, quick respawns and a myraid of cool shit to blow people up with is fun.

Without the cheesy popcorn action storyline the vs AI gameplay has nothing compelling. Spec Ops in MW2 was good because they actually had a nice difficulty curve to them but wave after wave of shit with some mild objective flavouring sprinkled on top is not fun.

Ugh, I couldn't care less about Ghosts. I'll grab it cheap to play the SP or get my GF to borrow it from work. No way am I buying another CoD Blops 2 was garbage, Blops 1 was shitty. MW2 was the last one I enjoyed.

It looks like IW cut Spec Ops for this, I prefer Spec Ops instead of this mode considering its IW and not Treyar's Zombies and its also an Horde/Domination mode.

NOKYARD

Hard to call it either "hidden" or "cut" when it's one of the areas you fight through in QZ.

Anyway, as much as SI/QZ isn't particularly my favourite part of Halo 2, it's got style. And a very strong allure for the tricking community part of me. Much of the coolest shit ever accomplished in the Halo campaigns was accomplished on Quarantine Zone.
Until reading this i had actually forgotten that my one and only tricking video was on QZ.

I saw the pic and remembered i had been up there, and even higher. Took over an hour to find this, mostly because i lost the original and forgot the title #IAMOLD

Skeet Launching On Quarantine Zone

IHaveIce

Banned
MS needs to drop a epic Halo Xbox One clip asap to kill all the bad news about the console. Do it Franky.

Microsoft has to say Titanfall beta aviable at launch.

Or even better Halo 5 Alpha aviable at launch will be updated in realtime like the development goes. We play from Alpha to the finished product.

/stopdreaming

I have problems with Call of Duty but you can't deny that IW/Treyarch have done an outstanding job of keeping the core gameplay the same while adding features and expanding them year after year. Hopefully 343 can figure that out with Halo 5 and the future installments.

Hmm that Extinction mode is a huge innovation for the CoD franchise.

I'm afraid that 343 is going to go for the "evolutionary, not revolutionary" approach, and not really try to innovate, and just try to refine features. That's good and all, but Halo hasn't really been innovative since ODST with the introduction of Firefight. Spartan Ops, I guess you could count as an innovation, but it was poorly executed (not really anyones fault, it was just the logistics of what they had to work with that makes it not a viable opportunity, at least on the 360).

What kind of features are there that Halo 5 could have that would make us go "That's Insane! Take all my monies!"again?

I think something that would allow you to make your own spartan ops missions would be cool, and designate defend points, or objectives, and specify what kind of enemies are dropped from where. Like Forge for Spartan Ops.

What kind of features are there that Halo 5 could have that would make us go "That's Insane! Take all my monies!"again?

Arena maps
Ranking System
Theater that works in Campaign and MP.
Fileshares that work AT release
Good playlist management

At 60fps and dedi's.

Its not even HARD to make a good Halo. Thats why its embarrassing. The formula is RIGHT in front of you! WE repeat it here post after post, its repeated a million other places online. Yes we get it 343i you wanted to do your own game, well that failed miserably and the last two Halo's have been the shitty ones, yea the ones with all the new gameplay features. What the fuck does that say?

We don't give a shit, the gameplay was FINE don't touch that. In fact we were ALL playing Halo CE when Halo 2 came out and we were STILL playing Halo 2 when Halo 3 came out, and when Halo Reach came out we were STILL playing Halo 3! The gameplay was great, NOONE I REPEAT NOONE WAS GETTING FUCKING BORED...

So in response back on track the best feature anyone could want for Halo is the feature of returning to basics.

STOP FEEDING US FPS REVOLUTION GARBAGE, NOONE GIVES A FLYING FUCK!

Its not even HARD to make a good Halo. Thats why its embarrassing. The formula is RIGHT in front of you! WE repeat it here post after post, its repeated a million other places online.

The funny part about this is that this has always been a "thing," but just involving different aspects of the game.

There will always be something "wrong" with Halo that should be an easy fix (especially between releases on new games) but the developers just refuse to give us what we want. Why we have yet to see damage sliders and other advanced customization options is beyond me..

Microsoft's flagship exclusive has sure been babied by a lot of fans over the years and people just accept it. Then when people complain about these things, they're seen as the "vocal minority" and whiny brats. I hate to say it but good thing Halo 4 happened because there is finally a universal distaste towards the game, so maybe that'll lead to some drastic improvements in Halo 5.

Nebula

They need to release this shit on Steam already.

85-90 FOV, mods fixing the BR spread and dem graphix.

One can dream.

Also Xbones looking pretty fucked. I've still not got a hold of a PS4 controller either. Looks like I'm skipping launch and going for a Christmas purchase instead. Gives me a few months to think about what I want and to gather any funds I may need.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The zealous brand loyalty and fanboyism in the Gaming Side is driving me nuts.

Fracas

#fuckonami

Yup. I personally see no reason to buy an XB1 (although I'm sure I will eventually want one), but the people wanting it to fail costing thousands their job are just absurd.

There's also the blindly loyal Microsoft fans, but I'm not getting into that.

IHaveIce

Banned
The funny part about this is that this has always been a "thing," but just involving different aspects of the game.

There will always be something "wrong" with Halo that should be an easy fix (especially between releases on new games) but the developers just refuse to give us what we want. Why we have yet to see damage sliders and other advanced customization options is beyond me..

Microsoft's flagship exclusive has sure been babied by a lot of fans over the years and people just accept it. Then when people complain about these things, they're seen as the "vocal minority" and whiny brats. I hate to say it but good thing Halo 4 happened because there is finally a universal distaste towards the game, so maybe that'll lead to some drastic improvements in Halo 5.

Especially the customizing thing is mindboggling, we should be able to change what we want for Customs in variable that we want.
Aim assist, damage sliders for single weapons etc etc.

I already said this but to nail the gameplay for Halo is not really difficult if you also have a nice sandbox and don't fuck it up with stuff like bloom or else.

But custom options, features like improvements for other modes etc...

Halo is too slow to adapt to modern standards in fps( streaming and yt uploads) so how should it ever come back to being something special? It won't.

A gamemode with episodic content like Spartan Ops doesn't make people go "aaaw what no way"

But a whole set of features like insane custom option, full fledged map CREATOR, Theater for everymode with way better handling of choosing which timeframe. And so much more. Hell give us even Custom Options for campaign.. if we want to try a level starting with Plasma Pistols only and giving all enemies Heavy weapons then goddamn let us.

Yeah it's impossible to just discuss games and news about games right now. All anyone cares about now is counting pixels and the console wars. I can't wait for both consoles to release and some of this garbage to die down.

wwm0nkey

I mean yeah some shit on gaming side is getting annoying but if all this stuff is true then...well shit.

Also stuff like this does not help MS cause either :/

udhknNj.png

Fracas

#fuckonami
"an excellent representation"

FFS, they could literally blur out every "licensed" thing on the dash in maybe 15 minutes.

heckfu

Banned

Yup. I personally see no reason to buy an XB1 (although I'm sure I will eventually want one), but the people wanting it to fail costing thousands their job are just absurd.

There's also the blindly loyal Microsoft fans, but I'm not getting into that.

Thank you. I can't even go over there and read. As someone who is getting both systems eventually, what is the point of defending what you like to the death and want others to fail?

The internet is a terrible place.

Nebula

Not to mention the potential millions who spent money buying the thing. I hope they get what they look for in an Xbone, but at the moment it's not a purchase I'm willing to make.

Thank you. I can't even go over there and read. As someone who is getting both systems eventually, what is the point of defending what you like to the death and want others to fail?

Ugh seriously it's really annoying me now. :/ Makes it even worse that I'm honestly scared to death to try and defend it because I seriously don't want to be banned for being a shill again.

I like going on gaming side to see all the recent gaming news, but when most threads are filled with "720p lol" "xboned" "-insert funny GIF that is just overused to the point of a annoyance" and "lol Microsoft fucked up", it's just hard to keep browsing. :/

wwm0nkey

Ugh seriously it's really annoying me now. :/ Makes it even worse that I'm honestly scared to death to try and defend it because I seriously don't want to be banned for being a shill again.

I like going on gaming side to see all the recent gaming news, but when most threads are filled with "720p lol" "xboned" "-insert funny GIF that is just overused to the point of a annoyance" and "lol Microsoft fucked up", it's just hard to keep browsing. :/

I haven't check since the OS crash, ESram bottleneck and potential PSN > XBL thing but people are still going on about 720p? The other 3 things are MUCH more concerning than that.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I haven't check since the OS crash, ESram bottleneck and potential PSN > XBL thing but people are still going on about 720p? The other 3 things are MUCH more concerning than that.

The way I see it is that OS and XBL bugs can and will be fixed, but you can't patch weak hardware.

Dat Bret Hart Avatar is glorious.

I agree, Getting a Xbone @ Launch and PS4 sometime early to mid next year. I personally prefer the Xbox 1stParty to that of Sony

wwm0nkey

The way I see it is that OS and XBL bugs can and will be fixed, but you can't patch weak hardware.

Isn't it rumored to take months not weeks for them to fix it though? I really hope MS kicks it into high gear so the OS/XBL issues are gone, I mean it wont be as bad as RROD if they fix it in a timely manner but you don't want customers to experience something like that out of the box.

Madness

I'm actually waiting for both consoles now, I don't play much anymore as it is. TitanFall will be a 360 purchase, and I'll get whatever PS4 bundle comes for Destiny, and whatever bundle comes for Xbox One with Halo 5. Hopefully, it's a custom console sort of like the one we got with H3, Reach, H4.

Like seriously, just came across this in what should be a "Positive" Xbox One thread.

BTV5oe7.jpg

I know it's silly that someone mocking a product I want is upsetting me, but stuff like that is getting a little frustrating. Yes, some users may find this funny, but it's really uncalled for. Yes rumors by insiders claim the Xbox One OS is struggling, but it's all in all still a rumor, and I'm not necessarily riding a train wreck by buying it on Day One.

Top Bottom