• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

FyreWulff

There's always that swerve off the road whenever they do something (Bungie also had that damn habit as well) where something comes together and then the last moment, SWERVE

Stripped down game.

AR starts in a Slayer 4v4 playlist. Not even a voting option for BR starts.

AvalonX

Neo Member
It's like they hired anyone they could find who wasn't qualified and hates Halo. I feel bad for Frankie. I am starting to think he is just stuck in the middle of all these idiots.

Would not be surprised if he split...

FyreWulff

I don't get why it's never BR primary and AR secondary. That makes sense to me...

but idk.

The weird thing to me is not even a magnum. The "Legendary" name means BR/AR start to me, though. But you can't even headshot off spawn, at any range, without a Magnum secondary. Unless they're planning to make the Magnum in that playlist 3SK down the road, I don't see the reason to not give you it.

It's like they hired anyone they could find who wasn't qualified and hates Halo. I feel bad for Frankie. I am starting to think he is just stuck in the middle of all these idiots.

Would not be surprised if he split...

But it feels like Halo. says frankie after playing more Black Ops than the series he actually works on

"I like AR starts because it's easier to kill poor fools that spawn with an AR and that way I can feel like I'm good at the game"

-Gaming 2013

I never looked at it like that personally. I just thought it was a well balanced weapon to start with. There are many games like quake and ut where you spawn with a pistol and someone can have a rocket,etc. It all depends on the players skill.

Guys please be nice to 343. They are trying hard as they can.

I think this will be good, different playlists for different folks ya know?

Looks like a modder found a way to PICK UP the flag, you still can't drop it... yet.

Stockpile might also be coming back soon.

Edit: not sure if he meant picking flags from an enemy capture zone, will ask him later.

Madness

Gears is more alive than Halo. We know Halo is dead since that is the developer for the future. For gears the original team can still make it, we will see. cliff and rod left but the majority are still there, the question is if they will want to continue to make them.

Gears is dead. Even more dead than Halo. Gears Judgment bombed and so much top talent has left Epic Games. The 'majority' isn't really there. Sure the original 'staff' that do a lot of grunt work hasn't changed, but so many key guys are gone, even those who helped with gears 3 are.

Judgment didn't even crack top 5 when it launched on XBL charts and Gears of War 3 barely had a month or two in top 5 before it suffered a massive drop.

I still blame the Gears 2 launch and apathy it created. The series never recovered. Gears 3 was great, perhaps the best multiplayer action since the original, but then they follow it up with judgment and it drove away fans and didn't even attract casuals. Hell most people didn't even know a gears game launched. The commercials and marketing were poor.

At this point, what will salvage Gears is let the series wait and then go multiplatform with Gears 4. It's the only way it'll be relevant again going up against TitanFall, Destiny, Battlefield, and other games. Console exclusive shooters will have a tough time against multiplats next gen.

Gears is dead. Even more dead than Halo. Gears Judgment bombed and so much top talent has left Epic Games. The 'majority' isn't really there. Sure the original 'staff' that do a lot of grunt work hasn't changed, but so many key guys are gone, even those who helped with gears 3 are.

Judgment didn't even crack top 5 when it launched on XBL charts and Gears of War 3 barely had a month or two in top 5 before it suffered a massive drop.

I still blame the Gears 2 launch and apathy it created. The series never recovered. Gears 3 was great, perhaps the best multiplayer action since the original, but then they follow it up with judgment and it drove away fans and didn't even attract casuals. Hell most people didn't even know a gears game launched. The commercials and marketing were poor.

At this point, what will salvage Gears is let the series wait and then go multiplatform with Gears 4. It's the only way it'll be relevant again going up against TitanFall, Destiny, Battlefield, and other games. Console exclusive shooters will have a tough time against multiplats next gen.

The shocking thing is that despite Gears 2 being literally unplayable if you didn't have host, it was vigilant on the population charts. I thought Gears 3 was very good as a Gears game, had dedis at launch, netcode massively improved, and it dropped like a rock and then of course we know what happened with the latest one.

how's everyone doing?

Beer keeps me going.

Quinn was the guy who was telling Bravo on stream (before the Castle DLC release) that using "top mid" on Daybreak was so old and people need to basically stop living in the past with Halo callouts, etc. lol. He was pushing to have that referred to as the "spine" and trying to force something that just didn't feel natural; there's been a few times now that Quinn's tone rubbed me the wrong way. Bravo's probably fighting an uphill battle in 343..

Again, I've said this before but I don't trust anyone right now with the Halo franchise. This'll be the first Halo game where (at least right now) I know I'll be going into it with low expectations :/

Booshka

Quinn was the guy who was telling Bravo on stream (before the Castle DLC release) that using "top mid" on Daybreak was so old and people need to basically stop living in the past with Halo callouts, etc. lol. He was pushing to have that referred to as the "spine" and trying to force something that just didn't feel natural; there's been a few times now that Quinn's tone rubbed me the wrong way. Bravo's probably fighting an uphill battle in 343..

Again, I've said this before but I don't trust anyone right now with the Halo franchise. This'll be the first Halo game where (at least right now) I know I'll be going into it with low expectations :/

I've been doing this since Halo 2 lol.

Enfinit

I can't wait to play Legendary Slayer with AR starts and fight someone who picked up a BR then respawn into somone picking me off across the map with a DMR and I can't do shit about it because I'm stuck with A FUCKING ASSAULT RIFLE.

For fuck's sake. I'm completely baffled. Team BRs is the quintessential epitome of slayer in the core of Halo. How do we know this and not developers of the fucking game itself.

I've been doing this since Halo 2 lol.

Yeah but my fragile heart constantly gave into Halo games: "oooooooooooook, Bungie can't possibly make this one any slower and newb-friendly than the last... right?! I mean, they reference Halo 1 all the time!"

I just feel bad for all my friends who gave up on Halo shortly after 2 for putting up with me trying to convince them lol: "NOOO MAN! THIS Halo game will be the best since Halo 1. TRUST me."

And let's not forget Quinn was also responsible for Judgment's multiplayer, so idk why people were hyped over this guy being hired.

I can't wait to play Legendary Slayer with AR starts and fight someone who picked up a BR then respawn into somone picking me off across the map with a DMR and I can't do shit about it because I'm stuck with A FUCKING ASSAULT RIFLE.

For fuck's sake. I'm completely baffled. Team BRs is the quintessential epitome of slayer in the core of Halo. We do we know this and not developers of the fucking game itself.

Bold... When the weapon isn't consistent at range.

heckfu

Banned

For fuck's sake. I'm completely baffled. Team BRs is the quintessential epitome of slayer in the core of Halo. How do we know this and not developers of the fucking game itself.

I don't think there's reason for this to get you this upset.

And core halo? How can you define it as Team BRs when that didnt exist in Halo 1 and wasn't introduced until late Halo 2 lol

Nowise10

Yeah but my fragile heart constantly gave into Halo games: "oooooooooooook, Bungie can't possibly make this one any slower and newb-friendly than the last... right?! I mean, they reference Halo 1 all the time!"

I just feel bad for all my friends who gave up on Halo shortly after 2 for putting up with me trying to convince them lol: "NOOO MAN! THIS Halo game will be the best since Halo 1. TRUST me."

Okay, I don't think Halo is your game if you've been disappointed with it since Halo 2. That means you've enjoyed 1 game out of all 7 that have been made

Heres my suggestion for Halo 5.

Get rid of loadouts. Default Halo is going to be AR/BR starting weapons in every playlist. Pro variants will become Rifles only option to remove all automatics. Don't have personal ordnance. Have powerups on the map that resemble AA's that you use til death and then they are gone off map. Have weapons on map and especially ammo for basic weapons. Include small maps at release. Include a ranking system. Seperate Ranked and Social. Have the fringe gametypes that evolved from the community as rotational weekly double exp playlists. Have exp be aesthetic unlocks only.

Jesus Heckfu Christ am I the only one still using logic and common sense, I feel like I'm alone here in this world. Hold me guys.

Get rid of loadouts. Default Halo is going to be AR/BR starting weapons in every playlist. Pro variants will become Rifles only option to remove all automatics. Don't have personal ordnance. Have powerups on the map that resemble AA's that you use til death and then they are gone off map. Have weapons on map and especially ammo for basic weapons. Include small maps at release. Include a ranking system. Seperate Ranked and Social. Have the fringe gametypes that evolved from the community as rotational weekly double exp playlists. Have exp be aesthetic unlocks only.

Jesus Heckfu Christ am I the only one still using logic and common sense, I feel like I'm alone here in this world. Hold me guys.

No random spread on the BR and more consistency.

Okay, I don't think Halo is your game if you've been disappointed with it since Halo 2. That means you've enjoyed 1 game out of all 7 that have been made

I live with this sadness errday :[

But seriously, I love this franchise and the fiction behind the Spartans/enemies, not to mention there are no other multiplayer games like it. The untapped potential for greatness with this franchise is what constantly disappoints me on top of bonehead decisions when there is over a decade's worth knowledge of what works in a Halo game.

What's been going on with Halo games for the past several releases is on par with Nintendo not giving a shit about online gaming; blows my mind.

Madness

The shocking thing is that despite Gears 2 being literally unplayable if you didn't have host, it was vigilant on the population charts. I thought Gears 3 was very good as a Gears game, had dedis at launch, netcode massively improved, and it dropped like a rock and then of course we know what happened with the latest one.

But that's what I mean, when gears 2 launched, it was one of my most hyped launches I'd seen. There was a lineup down the street at midnight and I was one of the first.

I get home, cannot literally find a match to play for 5+ hours on launch and I sleep. Over the next few days it's very unplayable at all. Maybe got one decent match out of a hundred. And I kept persisting. For at least a month, there were tons of issues. Rather than patch them, Epic came out with the Combustible Map Pack instead.

Here is a tidbit from the IGN review of the Snowblind map pack, nearly 5 months from launch:

"This article won't be about Gears of War 2's all but broken matchmaking system. This article won't talk about how I waited 15 minutes to find a match before chucking my controller on the ground in disgust and moving on to the more reliable Horde mode. This article will not mention that Epic has failed to fix the myriad of issues facing the troubled multiplayer system of Gears of War 2."

And slowly Gears lost relevance in the eyes of many gamers. They slowly went back to Halo 3, CoD4:MW, or the new World at War, and then as Gears was losing fans, forgetting the highs of the first gears, they embraced the massive Modern Warfare 2 launch.

Gears 3 was great, such improved gameplay, but as a series, it just didn't have a chance anymore I think to overtake Call of Duty, Halo, even Battlefield. The name and brand just isn't as strong, and I think the same problem is going to affect Halo a bit, especially after Reach and Halo 4. But I could be generalizing.

I really think Epic will take the game multiplatform or timed exclusive. They just can't ignore PS4 next gen, no matter how much money MS might give them.

Lol, all that Gears 2 talk, I'm looking at all the goodies I got from being one of the first in line for all the releases. I really loved the first Gears. Played it everyday from Emergence Day to the launch of Halo 3 and beyond.

Purplemage

Neo Member

Sounds fine to me. And while I certainly like the AR/BR combo in a loadout that leaves me wondering what would they do with the pistol? If everyone has a primary in place of a true secondary (read:magnum) where do they include those? Clearly the PP still has a place and the boltshot can rot in hell but this leaves the poor old sidearm useless.

Sounds fine to me. And while I certainly like the AR/BR combo in a loadout that leaves me wondering what would they do with the pistol? If everyone has a primary in place of a true secondary (read:magnum) where do they include those? Clearly the PP still has a place and the boltshot can rot in hell but this leaves the poor old sidearm useless.

Well you'd still need it for stuff, one it could be a pickup on map, and I for one am not against dual wielding two small weapons. You'd need it for campaign, you could throw it in zombies, and SWAT too. All uses for the pistol. Also one might just simply prefer it over the AR like its an on map pickup you spawn with AR/BR switch to BR and then eventually you're like ya know I could run outta ammo during a fight I'd rather switch to pistol for headshots rather than the AR. So I feel it has its place, but yea it wouldn't be as in demand.

Overdoziz

Banned
The "Legendary" name means BR/AR start to me, though.
Lh7WOuc.png

heckfu

Banned
Yeah, gonna watch Wilfred at 10 Pacific, but I'm in.

Trying to install Steam on this desktop because I'll actually be able to play it with good settings and frame rate, but I'm having issues with the installer.

I imagine it's chugging along due to the steam sale

Top Bottom