• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT18| We're Back Baby!

Fuck 343, they encourage this shit. Lets take one of the top 5 maps in Halo MP history and show you how to totally break the map.

1245227615_colin_farrel.gif

lol The Pit was decent enough, I guess..

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Make your wrist heal faster skrub

Haven't gotten to rage at Halo 4 in like two weeks
Three weeks till my cast is off. I actually really miss Halo (and Battlefield). :-(

her writing was the base for Halo 4 and by extension SA
Even if you're strictly talking plot and lore, it isn't just her fault. Probably not even mostly her fault. I imagine that she paints the picture, but 343 lays down a pretty detailed outline first.

Three weeks till my cast is off. I actually really miss Halo (and Battlefield). :-(

Even if you're strictly talking plot and lore, it isn't just her fault. Probably not even mostly her fault. I imagine that she paints the picture, but 343 lays down a pretty detailed outline first.

greg bear didnt piss in the canon stream. Traviss turned the spartan IIs into a joke and put her personal bias (in the form of parangoski) against Halsey. She also admitted to not reading up on Halo lore and the only contact she had with it was supposedly Red vs Blue.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
just like take some vitamins or something
I was poppin vicadin like vitamins at one point, but now I just have to wait it out.

greg bear didnt piss in the canon stream. Traviss turned the spartan IIs into a joke and put her personal bias (in the form of parangoski) against Halsey. She also admitted to not reading up on Halo lore and the only contact she had with it was supposedly Red vs Blue.
I'm not saying she hasn't had a negative influence on the lore. I'm saying that it's not all her fault, or probably not even mostly her fault.

I was poppin vicadin like vitamins at one point, but now I just have to wait it out.

I'm not saying she hasn't had a negative influence on the lore. I'm saying that it's not all her fault, or probably not even mostly her fault.

well if that's the case then Halo or any semblance of post Halo 3 present writing is dead.

and we can blame it on Frank o'Connor, Chris Schlerf, Karen Traviss, and the writer for Spartan OPs

Omni

well if that's the case then Halo or any semblance of post Halo 3 present writing is dead.
Were it so easy.

Was anyone seriously expecting any different? The end of Halo 3 was pretty solid... Anything added was always gonna be a bit tacky. I still think that they should just go and set a trilogy/ saga in the human/ flood/forerunner war. You know, really make it their own. The forerunner trilogy set up a lot of possibilities for such a thing.

Really Awesome Knowing So Much Potential Media Is Coming Out Within Several Years From Now.

Live-Action:
• Halo Tv Series
• Dead Space Movie
• Superman & Batman Movie
• Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Movie

Gui_PT

It hit 80 today. To escape the heat we went out to lunch, then to a movie, then shopping. Went for a walk when it came down to 75 in the evening. What a scorcher.

(This is Oregon's way of apologizing for seven consecutive months of grey skies and drizzle.)

I misread your post as "I hit 80 today"

Fotos

Really Awesome Knowing So Much Potential Media Is Coming Out Within Several Years From Now.

Live-Action:
• Halo Tv Series
• Dead Space Movie
• Superman & Batman Movie
• Avengers 2: Age of Ultron Movie

Don't forget the Splinter Cell movie and possibly an Assassins Creed movie.

Were it so easy.

Was anyone seriously expecting any different? The end of Halo 3 was pretty solid... Anything added was always gonna be a bit tacky. I still think that they should just go and set a trilogy/ saga in the human/ flood/forerunner war. You know, really make it their own. The forerunner trilogy set up a lot of possibilities for such a thing.

Aside from terminals missing and a shortish campaign I probably stand in the minority here, once again, but I love the direction the new Halo saga is heading.

Bungie sucked arse with Halo 2 being convoluted and cut short but the Halo full circle aspects of 3 closed out really nicely. Fast forward to Halo 4 and I'm thoroughly enjoying the Librarian, Halsey (as always), John and Cortana. Now we have the Janus Key and the meat of Foreunners to come, deal me in.

Side note in the larger media than games only and I don't like Travis stories/style or the first Bear book but overall the lore has me sucked in more than ever. Nylund, CGI (4 & SPOPS) plus later Bear books are just so intriguing. The Didact outside of the games is awesome and his armour is perfect.

I feel like they did make it their own, progressed forward, tied into existing lore and created new discovery with the Foreunners while preserving a larger mystery with the precursors. I can't wait for the story to continue past SPOPS end of season.

I honestly don't know how you guys continue to discuss the story of current Halo. 343 and everyone slightly involved should be absolutely ashamed at the joke they turned it into. Sarah Palmer needs to be killed off as soon as possible and in the most gruesome way possible, along with all the Spartan IVs.

This^

TheOddOne

You know whats more stupid? You know that there are AA's in the game yet you still act suprised that they are being used. HOLY SHIT, I FOR ONE AM SHOCKED! SHOCKED I TELLS YA!

Complaining in 2013.

Bring back Kyle.

#HGS

Gui_PT

You know whats more stupid? You know that there are AA's in the game yet you still act suprised that they are being used. HOLY SHIT, I FOR ONE AM SHOCKED! SHOCKED I TELLS YA!

Complaining in 2013.

Bring back Kyle.

#HGS

Trying to win the title of worst poster on HaloGAF

TheOddOne

Trying to win the title of worst poster on HaloGAF
Just stating the obvious. At this point people are just rehasing for the sake of getting mad, again. Don't go into dumb mode and act like features were added yesterday.

Game is dumb, AA's are dumb, maps are lackluster, loadouts balance concepts are terribad and overall business model is disgusting,

halo 4 doesn't need any vitamins

01c45bd2c148ccd0vj3.png

"PUT ME IN COACH, I CAN STILL FIGHT"

343 story template: "The Didact loomed menacingly over Chief. Using his Constraint Field, he lifts the Master Chief into the air, attempting to strangle him while providing an anecdotal speech about the return of the Forerunners."

Traviss edit: "The Didact's armor shone cromulently, using his powerful wizardry to hoist Chief's disgruntled form alongside him. Cortana tried to hack into his systems, but being a flash clone of Halsey, she was far too stupid to do anything right. The large Promethean Knight began to squeeze his thumb in his palm, triggering his Stranglehold Mechanism. He whispered in Chief's ear. 'I'm pretty sure your mom's Hitler, dude. Or maybe Stalin or something. Or, Gravemind, I guess? I'm not really sure what shit you guys still talk about anymore, it's been a while.' He then chucked the poor green-armored warrior into a nearby Forerunner pillar, triggering one of Chief's memories - of Halsey beating his scrawny ass. I mean, she's a bitch, she probably hit kids."

01c45bd2c148ccd0vj3.png

"PUT ME IN COACH, I CAN STILL FIGHT"

343 story template: "The Didact loomed menacingly over Chief. Using his Constraint Field, he lifts the Master Chief into the air, attempting to strangle him while providing an anecdotal speech about the return of the Forerunners."

Traviss edit: "The Didact's armor shone cromulently, using his powerful wizardry to hoist Chief's disgruntled form alongside him. Cortana tried to hack into his systems, but being a flash clone of Halsey, she was far too stupid to do anything right. The large Promethean Knight began to squeeze his thumb in his palm, triggering his Stranglehold Mechanism. He whispered in Chief's ear. 'I'm pretty sure your mom's Hitler, dude. Or maybe Stalin or something. Or, Gravemind, I guess? I'm not really sure what shit you guys still talk about anymore, it's been a while.' He then chucked the poor green-armored warrior into a nearby Forerunner pillar, triggering one of Chief's memories - of Halsey beating his scrawny ass. I mean, she's a bitch, she probably hit kids."

can the next thread be titled "Halo |OT19| Karen Traviss Doesnt know shit about Halo"
or "Halo |OT19| what is a real Halo game" or even "Halo |OT19| Change for the sake of Change"

m23

I've been playing some Legendary slayer last few days, actually been having some fun. Would be so much better with BR starts though.

Ghazi

I wish we'd made it "You had me at your blog posts, Jessica" when that had happened. Would've been great, actually, I'll save that one for OT 117

IHaveIce

Banned
Why would they change the sniper spawn on the Pit... only because jetpackers can reach it faster now?..

Also played some legendary slayer ( and my first matches of halo for weeks) and besides the weird weapon placements and AR starts this list is actually good. So damn fine without AAs and loadouts... I even can tolerate sprint

Ramirez

Why would they change the sniper spawn on the Pit... only because jetpackers can reach it faster now?..

Also played some legendary slayer ( and my first matches of halo for weeks) and besides the weird weapon placements and AR starts this list is actually good. So damn fine without AAs and loadouts... I even can tolerate sprint

Wait til you play good people and all you have to defend yourself with is an AR while they snipe you, good times.

Wait til you play good people and all you have to defend yourself with is an AR while they snipe you, good times.

It's ok, we can just randomly spawn behind them like in regular, crappy Halo spawn fashion.

Halo devs consistently rely on inconsistencies to make up for its faults. Scrubs worried about a skill-based weapon 3 shotting them from all over the place because everyone and their 2 year old kids can do it? NO PROBLEM! Let's make a burst fire weapon in our first online console experience and deliberately make it a piece of crap, BALANCE! (Halo 2)

Oh, people don't like it inconsistent? K. Let's patch it now and release it as default-crap next game and never patch it, ever. Deal with it for another 3 years. (Halo 3)

Oh, people want consistency to their precision rifles and were serious about bringing back a single shot precision rifle that takes skill to master? K. DMR, but let's add bloom so we don't have a "situation" (utility weapon debate) again and increase the aim assist up the wazzoo. On top of that, let's add Jet Packs so people can fly everywhere, Camo off spawn so people can disappear even on HDTV's, and Armor Lock so people can.. delay fights. (Reach)

Oh, guess the fans hated all that stuff.. WELL, maybe they'll like it more when we further emphasize it in the latest Halo game! (Halo 4)

:]

:[

IHaveIce

Banned

Yeah of course this will be bullshit, but I would know the situation out of Halo 2/3 (Fucking SMG starts on Lockout)

It would still be better than people randomly getting Beam Rifles.

We need BR starts

Nowise10

Is Halo Charts even reliable anymore?

July 4th was the lowest population Halo 4 had prior to the update, but now it that was moved to July 3rd in the new update, and the population has gone below 25K three times in the past week, which it hasnt gotten below 25k ever before, and it says that only 19400 was its max population yesterday.

I dont think so, believe they are winding down for now because Halo 4 stinks.

Its not far off though the game regularly peaks between 25-30K which is really really bad.

Halo having those numbers is unacceptable, even Reach did better. Every view and gameplay philosophy should be abandoned, and a new philosophy of going back to the ABCs of Halo should be adopted.

HTupolev

July 4th was the lowest population Halo 4 had prior to the update, but now it that was moved to July 3rd in the new update, and the population has gone below 25K three times in the past week, which it hasnt gotten below 25k ever before, and it says that only 19400 was its max population yesterday.
Historically, it's usually recorded values on the low side, and there've had occasional instabilities.

It looks a little suspicious right now, and hasn't updated in the same way it used to (nothing is recorded for today yet).

The expected trend would be either staying even or slightly falling off through the middle of summer, with substantial drops as school gets back in gear. This big of an actual drop right now could* happen following the recent small boosts, though I wouldn't have expected it to be this sharp.

*Aside from the July 20 numbers. Those have to be nonsense.

It could be right a ton of people who play Halo regularly are probably at Comic con and AGL Knoxville. Plus it was really nice out and then stormy on July 20th. Lots of power was lost around here. Probably worse elsewhere.

Plus it may have been time, its been holding 30K for awhile but can it really hold that forever? Since they arent fixing the game?

Ghazi

Wait, when is AGL Knoxville again?
I was pissed when I didn't go to AGL Nashville because I had the wrong address (thanks for that, THC) and even though this is like 3 hours away I kinda want to go to make up for missing Nashville.

willow ve

Historically, it's usually recorded values on the low side, and there've had occasional instabilities.

It looks a little suspicious right now, and hasn't updated in the same way it used to (nothing is recorded for today yet).

The expected trend would be either staying even or slightly falling off through the middle of summer, with substantial drops as school gets back in gear. This big of an actual drop right now could* happen following the recent small boosts, though I wouldn't have expected it to be this sharp.

*Aside from the July 20 numbers. Those have to be nonsense.

It could be right a ton of people who play Halo regularly are probably at Comic con and AGL Knoxville. Plus it was really nice out and then stormy on July 20th. Lots of power was lost around here. Probably worse elsewhere.

Plus it may have been time, its been holding 30K for awhile but can it really hold that forever? Since they arent fixing the game?

It's sad to see Halo this far removed from the top of the Live charts. In the end we all hope that 343 learns from their mistakes and realizes that the changes they are making now (TURBO + Legendary, etc.) are the right changes, it's simply too late to bring anyone back to this game. My biggest fear is they will use the dwindling population to prop up the idea that "no one wants arena style shooters" or say "see, we did what you call clamored for, but the numbers prove you were wrong - more people are still playing Infinity!"

Wait, when is AGL Knoxville again?
I was pissed when I didn't go to AGL Nashville because I had the wrong address (thanks for that, THC) and even though this is like 3 hours away I kinda want to go to make up for missing Nashville.

Shame they had to close their doors...
/s

orznge

Banned
i'm sure we'll reach the new one soon enough given all the things regarding Contemporary Halo that need to be discussed

Top Bottom