• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Shadders

Has it been clarified whether or not the LE Halo 4's War Games Pass is transitive to the War Games pass's extras?

Looks like a no.

un2gH.jpg

I think there's an argument to say the digital content that comes with the map pack is better than the digital content that comes with the LE..

Good job the Limited Edition has that sweet box.

Looks like a no.

http://i.imgur.com/un2gH.jpg[\IMG]

I think there's an argument to say the digital content that comes with the map pack is better than the digital content that comes with the LE..

Good job the Limited Edition has that sweet box.[/QUOTE]

The box seems to be only only thing it has going for it at the moment. No word on disc 2?

So if I bought Std Ed, and then the map pack pass, I would only miss out on FuD, which is available online anyway? Ignoring a few skins/emblems/props.

Making me want to upgrade to the Console...

Omni

Looks like a no.

un2gH.jpg

Wait what.

So if I buy the Limited Edition, I still have to buy more DLC later on or? I am seriously getting confused

Blueblur1

Looks like a no.

un2gH.jpg

That is some weak shit. Man, I fucking hate this generation and the shit it has introduced.

Omni

You don't have to buy it later on, but if you don't you'll miss out on two helmets and an emblem.

Oh. I read it as different versions got different maps or something... I don't care about helmets or emblems. Regardless, I'm considering just upgrading and getting the console instead now. LE doesn't really offer anything exciting apart from the case.

Thats pretty lame, So if i want access to the Scanner and Strider Helmets aswell as the Falcon Emblem in game i need to buy the Season Pass On top of my Limited Edtion + Console + Warhead headset + UNSC Controller purchase?.

Eh, an extra £20 is nothing in the grand scheme of things but it is an annoyance.

kylej

Banned
most amazing part is we've got people making jokes and defending anti-consumer practices with the Halo 4 LE. You know the cult of personality vortex is strong when people are defending a Microsoft subsidiary over its arbitrary DLC pre-order limiting.

Woorloog

Banned
So, is there Covenant weapons without music, just sounds? I can't find one. On Youtube, that is.

Also, that tweet was the last nail in the LE's coffin as far as i'm concerned.
I don't have issues with pre-order bonuses but extras that come with season pass but not all of them? Fuck that.

Omni

lol wat. Where do you get such enemies
In Reach, anything is possible :|
Recruit is the best it looks like a natural evolution of the spartan armor.
Yeah. That other one looks like he has a sharp black penis on his head. Not something I'd personally like to wear in matchmaking...
It's amazing how bad people can be.

And even more amazing how trueskill teams you up agaist them.
Yeah. I don't think I ever got a match as stupid as that in Halo 3, even in the social playlists.

Nando13

For me, L.E. is the best choice:

-------------------------------------------------------

Halo 4 Standard (+ Pre-Order DLC) -> 70€

------------------------------------------

Halo 4 Limited Edition (+Pre-Order DLC + Headset) -> 82€

------------------------------------------

War Games Map Pass -> 15-20€ (I guess)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

S.E. + Map Pack -> 85-90€

Bulletin was very good, I love the format with Frankie, David et al giving their opinions on each individual weapon. However

One final pro tip: when sprinting with normal weapons, if opponents shoot you, the shots will slow you down a tad. A sword wielding player is immune to this!

smhgif.gif

Sword is a power weapon. It was virtually impossible to get a kill with it with the slow down mechanic in place.

So it was impossible to get a kill with it in Halo 3 then? No, you had to watch your radar and when you made the pounce you made sure you were within the red reticle perimeter of lunge. That was the base 'skill' in using the weapon. It was balanced because if the sword wielder made a slight spatial error the intended victim could walk backwards whilst shooting to avoid his assailant.

You cannot sprint backwards so the balance of play was skewed grossly towards favouring the sword wielder. The sprint slowdown when being shot mechanic sounded like the perfect remedy to this problem of not being able to sprint backwards. The great redress from Reach. Then they disable it only for the sword...Derp.

Awful business practice? I beg your pardon? Heckfu has played the goddamn game, everything 343 does is fine. Jesus Christ, Blue Ninja, control yourself.

This was a hit. Dude's had a vacuum cleaner attachment strapped to his piehole since he got back from pax.

heckfu

Banned
This was a hit. Dude's had a vacuum cleaner attachment strapped to his piehole since he got back from pax.
Well, I can't argue with that. Game was fun and we were treated with hospitality and respect even though no one was obligated to do so. And though I only played about 15 or 16 games I still stick with my opinions.

Damn it bobs! They put a 2086x1800, 5.52MB image of the Limited Edition and its physical contents in that update. The "briefing packet" looks like it is going to be along the lines of Halseys Journal and the extra stuff that came with it. You can clearly see what looks like a Spartan ID Card (reminds me of the card Carter uses to start up the medical machinery in the Birth of a Spartan live action). A logical guess would be that the "briefing packet" is what a new Spartan would receive upon induction - they did say that the briefing packet in-universe fiction would cover the indoctrination process of the Spartan IV's.

I'm not sure exactly what else you want to find out about the briefing packet? There is only so much they can fit in that box. If you are looking for the most "bang for buck" though you could probably just read about what was in the packet on Halopedia a week after the launch and get the Standard Edition. I'm personally quite keen on having the briefing packet as it would look pretty cool on a shelf with Halseys Journal, the Halo Fest Pass, the Spirit of Fire patch etc.

That's a pretty big file size for a picture that tells me so little,

Put it this way, with ac3 I can tell you that the limited edition includes a 60 page booklet written from the perspective of Washington
- that doesn't interest me so I won't buy it.

I feel like there's two type of people who get the ltd edition  - people who love the franchise and want all of the stuff they can get or people who see something in the ltd edition and decide to buy it because the product itself is good

Put it this way, with reach I got the Halsey journal because it was a full on book written by nylund - halopedia wouldn't have done it justice considering it would just give me a overview rather than let me read it myself. Reading cliff notes is fine depending on the product.

Is the spartan briefing packet cool enough to justify its price? Will I read it and think its a good product or should I just halopedia the content? I would rather 343 made that clear. It would suck to waste money on it if its fluff but it would also suck to miss out on something which actually might be on par with a book - something online summaries won't do justice.

Quickly typing this out on my phone, but I hope it's clear what I mean. Come on mykke surely you can't justify how little we know about the purchasing options?

most amazing part is we've got people making jokes and defending anti-consumer practices with the Halo 4 LE. You know the cult of personality vortex is strong when people are defending a Microsoft subsidiary over its arbitrary DLC pre-order limiting.

Maybe they're defending it because its decent value and they are aware that its a business tactic. If you find the box cool, want a limited edition that most other people won't have, and know you're going to get the map packs anyways, whats wrong with getting the LE?

Maybe they're defending it because its decent value and they are aware that its a business tactic. If you find the box cool, want a limited edition that most other people won't have, and know you're going to get the map packs anyways, whats wrong with getting the LE?

Cheaper to get the maps and game separately? Not wanting to essentially purchase the dlc before its even announced? Wanting more information on what the product includes?

Cheaper to get the maps and game separately? Not wanting to essentially purchase the dlc before its even announced? Wanting more information on what the product includes?

How much does each map pack cost? Isn't it 15 bucks? Or only 10?

In terms of traditional pricing, I think 6.80 (800 MSP) sterling for each map pack.

So basically its a matter of 10 dollars (If each map pack doesn't end up being more expensive) if you want a cooler looking version of the game and a couple little dlc things beyond the map pack. I'll still go L.E.

Omni

In terms of traditional pricing, I think 6.80 (800 MSP) sterling for each map pack.

So probably a 1000MSP for each one now? Because you know, the Infinity ATM machine can only give a minimum of 1000MSP for each withdrawal. /canon reasons and whatnot.

Shadders

So probably a 1000MSP for each one now? Because you know, the Infinity ATM machine can only give a minimum of 1000MSP for each withdrawal. /canon reasons and whatnot.

An increase in the price per map pack would also increase the perceived value of the Mattrick Pass which as mentioned above is what they'd prefer you to buy.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
People are actually considering getting the LE, that comes with the season pass, and then buying the season pass again to get emblems and one set of armor? Wut?

People are actually considering getting the LE, that comes with the season pass, and then buying the season pass again to get emblems and one set of armor? Wut?
There are (a substantial) amount of collectors who do things like this.
Remember all the terribad (and cool) things people did to get Recon?

Top Bottom