• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

548608_10152139678925534_1703921766_n.jpg
My friend got her copy at work..
So jelly.

Omni

Fracas

#fuckonami
Are you debt free? I'm jealous, haha.

It was either accrue $3200 in debt each semester and get a degree+ a potential job (I intern at a radio station, so fingers crossed there), or live at home and be jobless. The place where I worked knew I was leaving and had hired my replacement 2 weeks before I left.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 160,000. Get on this level, son.

Whoa. Debt sucks.

Is it a reliable site? I've never heard of it before. If so, I'll cancel the one from Amazon and get it there. <3 Free shipping to Australia.

Daaaaaaaamn. I'm ~$40,000 in debt. Dem uni fees... :|

I have friends who swear by that place if that's the sort of anecdotal advice you were looking for :p

GhaleonEB

With the mortgage counting for your worth, or against?

(Average home price in my neighborhood is 795,000, and that's down from the pre-meltdown days.)

Assets - mortgage debt. It was a threshold crossed recently, which for some reason was important to me. I'm intensely averse to debt.
I will seriously steal your walker old man!

http://www.twitch.tv/tashiii

Come watch me live up to my name and get triple kills all fucking night!

I'm growing bamboo in our front yard so I can make both canes for me and switches to swat kids off the lawn down the road. Planning!

TCKaos

I love how ODST has such a fantastic atmosphere compared to Reach, where the scale of the conflict was literally thousands of times greater.

ODST had the city decay after several over the course of several missions, each taking place later in the day than the last, with the effects of combat completely visible. Reach had a few levels that looked like the planet was brand new, one where the city was slightly less than brand new, and then a few levels with a bright orange sky.

I love how ODST has such a fantastic atmosphere compared to Reach, where the scale of the conflict was literally thousands of times greater.

ODST had the city decay after several over the course of several missions, each taking place later in the day than the last, with the effects of combat completely visible. Reach had a few levels that looked like the planet was brand new, one where the city was slightly less than brand new, and then a few levels with a bright orange sky.

I'm certainly not a huge Reach fan, but I think this is a little unfair to it. In its namesake level, New Alexandria looked very much like it was being destroyed. And in The Package and POA, it's quite obvious to anyone who bothers to look at the skybox and the horizon that the planet is being destroyed.

Edit: Sophomore in college, and not a dime of debt yet. Though that is about to change because of fucking tuition hikes to pay for the stadium's pretty new video board...

Caja 117

So that makes two HaloGAFfers who have had a dick in their mouth this afternoon.

I don't know what is sadder, the fact that you actually thought of me with one in my mouth, how you can not look pass your own ego to recognize a good post or that you didn't read my post after the parenthesis.

Anyway, is no use beating on a dead horse on the stuff some people around here don't like in the game (including me, which I have stated more than once, but hey, you don't read post, so why bother telling you?) , and its only get worst when you go and play the game with a negative mindset, because no matter if the change is actually good, you are going to dislike it, because, well... ohhh Ego.

kylej

Banned
Makes me sad to see so much debt. What was once money for a mortgage is now money to pay back student loans.

Anyway, my only tip is to not buy a goddamn condo if you're going to buy instead of rent. If you took the $300 a month you'd spend on condo fees and instead put that into a house, you quite literally get more for your money. $300 a month roughly amortizes out to $50,000 in value over the life of a loan, instead of throwing that out to have a guy mow your lawn twice a month, live in a better place.

Oh yeah and I also do private hard money lending -- don't buy houses that are recently renovated. Margins right now are in the $30-40k range for flippers, don't put that into their pocket. Buy distressed properties if possible, and also look into grants for first time home buyers, there are a lot of programs out there to help.

/financialadvice

GhaleonEB

I'm 20 and have it in my pitching shoulder now...

I got that at the same age. My desk job has tossed carpel tunnel into the mix now. Whoo!

##############

So, been thinking about Dominion. I really, really like how the mode sounds, and love that 343 has developed a new, sophisticated game type for BTB. So long as the heavy ordnance doesn't get excessive and turns into the clusterfuck that Invasion does in the 3rd phase, or Heavies is from the word go.

I particularly like the idea of the sudden death phase when one team secures all the bases and starts hunting the other players down. The other team has overshields, but they still have their backs to the wall. Still, I'm sure we'll get some epic comeback stories out of the mode.

Which is where I get worried. I was thinking about the mechanics of the sudden death mode, in conjunction with the ordnance delivery system and the way that makes it impossible to build a plan around securing said ordnance. I wrote in my PAX impressions that I think the ordnance system will make come backs much less common, because teams won't be able to develop and rally behind a plan based on securing ordnance and pressing the attack. And that will be doubly so with Dominion. Yet, Dominion is a mode seemingly designed to create great comeback scenarios. Players will have targets on their backs, while the other team will have reinforced bases and vehicles. But since they're out in the open, not defending bases, that should mean they have an advantage when it comes to chasing ordnance down on the battlefield, which is a nicely self-balancing set of mechanics.

But that's tossed by the notion of randomly rotating drops, with unpredictable weapons arriving. The team that's down will be scrambling for weapons to take vehicles down with, but will have no idea what will appear, or where. They can't rally in that situation, other than through blind luck.

The more I think about it, the less I like the new ordnance system. I need to see how it plays out, but I'm worried it's going to do a lot more harm than good.

My brother told me the exact same thing. He said live at home for a year or two after law school and just work and save to buy a pad.

I will probably just shoot for a short sale home.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Kind of related, but not really:

A friend of mine won a really nice car at graduation. It was a Dodge Caliber, I think? I don't really know cars. Anyway, he freaks out, and immediately signs a contract my high school/local car dealership has written up.

Long story short, he now owes $7000 in taxes/hidden fees.

He's driven it twice.

kylej

Banned

A friend of mine won a really nice car at graduation. It was a Dodge Caliber, I think? I don't really know cars. Anyway, he freaks out, and immediately signs a contract my high school/local car dealership has written up.

He's driven it twice.

Tell your friend he's also the 3,845,012 visitor to my website and I've got a free iPod nano to give him as a reward.

He's driven it twice.

ouch. that's rough. sounds like they took advantage of his ignorance as a young kid.

Ramirez

I think I read they have all sorts of health issues from their scrunched up face (similar to pugs). It's a result of inbreeding iirc.

They seem to have a bad problem with kidney disease, but the little research I did said that could be avoided by going to a good breeder.

In a perfect world, my house would be big enough to accommodate a Great Dane. :(

Omni

So that makes two HaloGAFfers who have had a dick in their mouth this afternoon.

Lol.

_________

343i needs to give us some wallpapers! The in-game pictures are great and all, but they don't really make good desktop wallpapers, IMO.

Top Bottom