• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

willow ve

After watching the Armor Ability video on IGN, I'm feeling pretty good about jetpack.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/21/halo-4-armor-abilities-walkthrough

The man speaking clearly states they took jetpack into account with level design.

The problem I have with jetpacks is that the only real counter to jetpack is using the jetpack. You can design a level all you want with the jetpack in mind, but there will still be spots and routes (usually advantageous) that are only accessible to jetpacking players. You can't cover every top floor and every roof of every structure with a soft kill zone (and the argument could be made those shouldn't exist in multiplayer anyway).

The last thing I want is to get into a game, die twice, then realize "oh, damn, the only counter to this team of jetpackers is to equip a jetpack." This happens in Reach right now with jetpack and it was a plague when armor lock was more prevalent in gametypes.

I still think jetpack should be a double jump during which you cannot fire a weapon or throw grenades, but I realize pandora's box has been opened already

I still think jetpack should be a double jump during which you cannot fire a weapon or throw grenades, but I realize pandora's box has been opened already

Charged "jumpjets" akin to Gotham City Impostors' spring boots.

Hold button to charge jumpjets, release and fly to a maximum height of say, I dunno, ~20-30 feet. Have a cooldown timer start when the button is released, and there you go. It'd be like a vertical version of the Thruster Packs already in Halo 4. It lets you cover distance, escape situations, change up the fight to potentially give you an upper hand, AND you can change between different levels of the map.

88459.jpg

zap

Is it a reliable site? I've never heard of it before. If so, I'll cancel the one from Amazon and get it there. <3 Free shipping to Australia.

Daaaaaaaamn. I'm ~$40,000 in debt. Dem uni fees... :|

I've ordered from there several times and I know many other people who have. It takes less than 1 week to ship to NZ (I know the UK and NZ have a really good shipping deal so I dunno about to Aus, but it shouldn't be longer than 10 days, 2 weeks max).

Omni

I have friends who swear by that place if that's the sort of anecdotal advice you were looking for :p
I've ordered from there several times and I know many other people who have. It takes less than 1 week to ship to NZ (I know the UK and NZ have a really good shipping deal so I dunno about to Aus, but it shouldn't be longer than 10 days, 2 weeks max).
Oh okay. Sounds good. Thanks guys! :)

Not that surprising. If you're new to first person shooters, Reach was a solid choice... Fun even (People I know that just got into console shooters love Reach ). It just doesn't really work as a Halo game for the veterans of the series, IMO.

Hey.

SF Giants clinch.

As you were.

My Rays have scored 43 runs in 4 games. After hitting like a group of amputee kids in a batting cage for most of the season. If they'd been doing this shit all along, they'd be leading the division like they should be with our pitching staff, which was crafted by Jesus himself.

I think we're like 3.5 back of the wild card, but I just don't think there's enough time left. Although, it could be worse, I could be a Boston fan *shudder*

EDIT: congrats on the clinch, btw. :)

Wahrer sements himself as the greatest new halogaffer of all time.

0151_ymq0.gif

I think I read they have all sorts of health issues from their scrunched up face (similar to pugs). It's a result of inbreeding iirc.

Yeah, it's sad, really. I'd legitimately consider saving up a bit for one if they wouldn't be such a hassle to take care of. Caring for them isn't the thing, I just couldn't bring myself to try and raise one knowing it'd have a really short lifespan compared to other regular breeds.

I dont think its weird : /
fbook2_zpsded83d15.png

faces removed for stalker purposes

I died at this :lol I was totally thinking you had your faces like that on your actual profile at first.

Also, just saw this in the LTTP: Reach thread...

All the Halo games have great campaigns, sans 2. Reach is a fantastic single player or cooperative experience. It is a nice tactical midpoint between ODST's small scale infantry battles and 3's every-mission's-the-grand-finale, boner-stroking epics.

0225_tm65.gif

Omni

It's always good when someone makes it easy on you in choosing which opinions to tune out in the future. <3

I'm not sure how GAF is going to digest this, but I can understand why some might think that Halo 2 has the weakest campaign.

1) Dat ending.
2) Levels weren't exactly the best designed in a game...
3) Arbiter levels were a bit distracting, IMO. Great story but they really were a chore to do.
4) Game was marketed as 'defending Earth' or something, and yet we left after three levels...
5) Dat ending.
6) Felt rushed and incomplete (which it was).
7) Quite linear.
8) Dat ending.

Don't get me wrong, I love Halo 2 - It's probably my favourite Halo game out yet, but it's a bit naive to assume that it was perfect and that anyone who disagrees should be 'tuned out'

heckfu

Banned
I'm not sure how GAF is going to digest this, but I can understand why some might think that Halo 2 has the weakest campaign.

1) Dat ending.
3) Arbiter levels were a bit distracting, IMO. Great story but they really were a chore to do.
4) Game was marketed as 'defending Earth' or something, and yet we left after three levels...
5) Dat ending.
7) Quite linear.
8) Dat ending.

Don't get me wrong, I love Halo 2 - It's probably my favourite Halo game out yet, but it's a bit naive to assume that it was perfect and that anyone who disagrees should be 'tuned out'
I don't think many people will have as big a problem as you criticizing campaign as they would multiplayer and customs.

1) Dat ending.
5) Dat ending.
7) Quite linear.
8) Dat ending.

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who LIKED the Halo 2 ending. It made me so excited to find out what would happen next.

1) Dat ending.
5) Dat ending.
7) Quite linear.
8) Dat ending.

I liked the arbiter levels more than MC's, it were more harder and dont giving you a single time to rest and plan your attack

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I don't even really remember what I originally thought of the Halo 2 ending. I was just trying to play XBL with my friends lol

Karl2177

Bad transitions happen, but always listening for them has kind of ruined my experience at clubs/bars because I pay more attention to the transitions than I do that music, haha.

I was just sitting outside, and the frat house next door has a party. The music was incredibly loud and I was getting frustrated because his/her transitions were awful, but the drunk people were going crazy because "THIS IS MY SONG".

Tunavi

Banned
hey listen can someone post the gif of the guy coming up to shake chiefs hand and the motion capture is amazingggggg

thanks

edit: thanks

GhaleonEB

OT: Everyone go see Dredd. Tight, superbly executed action film with no fat whatsoever. Lead speaks as little as possible, is stoic, does not remove helmet. Reminded me a bit of how the Chief's character is portrayed. Yes I realize Dredd came first; just noting the similarity and how well executed that kind of lead can be.

It's bombing. Go make it bomb less. Seriously.

OT: Everyone go see Dredd. Tight, superbly executed action film with no fat whatsoever. Lead speaks as little as possible, is stoic, does not remove helmet. Reminded me a bit of how the Chief's character is portrayed. Yes I realize Dredd came first; just noting the similarity and how well executed that kind of lead can be.

planning on going to watch it first thing the morning.

how as the 3d or would you recommend just the standard version?

feel

C'mon now, let's not pretend Halo 2 has a good campaign. It's pretty bad when it comes to the gameplay.

edit- Or actually, let's not pretend saying the Halo 2 campaign is bad is a crazy opinion.

Sai-kun

Banned
I was just sitting outside, and the frat house next door has a party. The music was incredibly loud and I was getting frustrated because his/her transitions were awful, but the drunk people were going crazy because "THIS IS MY SONG".

one time i spent a whole date at a bar just kind of analyzing the dj who was playing (i was better tbqh). he *my date) wasn't super into music. needless to say there wasn't a second date.

GhaleonEB

planning on going to watch it first thing the morning.

how as the 3d or would you recommend just the standard version?

See the 3D, it's very well done. It's mostly subtle throughout, but it's applied heavily to certain shots in a very deliberate way that works. You'll know which ones, and what I mean, if you see it that way. The use of 3D is actually tied to both the style and story in the film.

See the 3D, it's very well done. It's mostly subtle throughout, but it's applied heavily to certain shots in a very deliberate way that works. You'll know which ones, and what I mean, if you see it that way. The use of 3D is actually tied to both the style and story in the film.

cool cool, thanks.

Omni

Let's talk aliasing! Something I noticed...

Picture 1:
78266335.png

Picture 2:
47191914.png

Both images are of the exact same thing, and yet the top has loads more aliasing.

97532882.png

After seeing all those 'in-game' screenshots, this is disappointing, IMO. It looks like a step back from Halo Reach... Although not as bad as Halo 3.

Petrichor

Both images are of the exact same thing, and yet the top has loads more aliasing.

97532882.png

After seeing all those 'in-game' screenshots, this is disappointing, IMO. It looks like a step back from Halo Reach... Although not as bad as Halo 3.

Even the top image looks miles better than anything in Reach.

Karl2177

It's always good when someone makes it easy on you in choosing which opinions to tune out in the future. <3

I had to drop some truth bombs in that thread. Now I just have to wait for my own Dax handjob.

I think the dialogue could have been better for every character besides Dredd. His one-liners aren't balanced with the narrative.

Kibbles

97532882.png

Um as far as I know they only released one version of that image, was this fake aliased by downsizing it in paint or something? lol.

GhaleonEB

I think the dialogue could have been better for every character besides Dredd. His one-liners aren't balanced with the narrative.

I never had any issues with the dialogue, it all worked for me. Very utilitarian, but fitting. can't think of any moments that didn't work. I'll be seeing it a second time, though, so I'll focus on that a bit more. But from end to end, I was sucked into the moment throughout, and the dialogue got the job done.

heckfu

Banned
I never had any issues with the dialogue, it all worked for me. Very utilitarian, but fitting. can't think of any moments that didn't work. I'll be seeing it a second time, though, so I'll focus on that a bit more. But from end to end, I was sucked into the moment throughout, and the dialogue got the job done.

you're a dialogue

Top Bottom