• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Ramirez

me :p

iHt0C7WMg3aJK.jpg

Got it as a gift, hope it doesn't suck.

I wish Omlet & Nuts would get a PC. :p

The best way is to avoid the major "gaming" retailers. Go to a Walmart or local Supermarket that has an electronics dept. Either find one thats open 24/7 or one that's doing a midnight launch. You can usually show up 5 minutes before midnight and just walk in and get one without the 18 hour wait that comes with major gaming stores.

Yeah that's what I do. At those places I can just go there at midnight, walk in, buy my game and get out.

Karl2177

I'm worried about this for Halo 4. Fortunately the GS here gives us a number at 10pm, then we can leave and come back at 12.

You could chillax with me! Except I'm not getting it at GS, they were sold out of LEs when I went to get it. Going through Amazon, so hopefully I can get a chance to play it before classes.

I like the new addition of green lighting being applied to Covy tech. The Concussion Rifle and Covenant Ship looks appealing and gets the players attention.

I like the new addition of green lighting being applied to Covy tech. The Concussion Rifle and Covenant Ship looks appealing and gets the players attention.

This got me thinking, it'd be cool if every covenant weapon and its projectiles had a different color so they'd be easier to identify in combat.

Storm Rifle - Blue
Fuel Rod Gun - Blue-Green
Beam Rifle - Purple
Concussion Rifle - Orange / Electric Green?
Needler - Paaaaaaank

Eh, nevermind, they're kind of doing that already. Just apply it to Promethean weapons and you're gold I guess.

I've only gone to the Halo launch events, but I've always gone alone. I just read GAF on my phone and try not to act like the out of place, older-than-some-of-the-dads-in-line guy that I feel like.
I'd say that you should just pick a kid and pretend to be his dad as your cover, but then Chris Hanson would like a word with both of us probably.

I'll go with Ze's show up late plan. It's a veteran move.

:(

Its the only thing about Reach that doesnt suck.

You're what's wrong with everything that has something wrong with it.

The best way is to avoid the major "gaming" retailers. Go to a Walmart or local Supermarket that has an electronics dept. Either find one thats open 24/7 or one that's doing a midnight launch. You can usually show up 5 minutes before midnight and just walk in and get one without the 18 hour wait that comes with major gaming stores.

Weird as it sounds, the Wal-Mart crowds usually end up being more hygenic, less annoying, and (in a good way) more nerdy than the Gamestop crowds. This has been my experience at least (H3 / Reach). Not to mention the lines are shorter, they (the employees) usually give out a bunch of free stuff, and provide refreshments and conversation while you wait.

heckfu

Banned
Holy smokes, I just remembered I get off at noon CST tomorrow and will have BL2 in hand in case anyone will have it that early and wants to be my battle bro(s).

Shadders

I'll be doing full coverage of the Eurogamer Expo, I'm hoping for a live blog of the Frankie talk followed by video straight after. Video and pictures from the show floor and every bit of news and opinion I can scavenge.

I'm hoping to roll out a new version of the site before then too.

Great games! Team Shadow held ring 2 and pushed well on the last game on Refuge and got a good spawn trap going. BigShow was sniping people like crazy and Napsta was in our flag what felt like the entire game.

Had a lot of fun Noobs, Falagard and Trey.
Yeah GGs everyone. It was nice to play Refuge for once.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully more Pax videos show up with CR being fired, I know this video wasn't good but okay for catching it in first person. Also curious if Pax Build will be used @NYCC Or possibly a newer build?
Oops, I stopped watching after I saw that old footage of it showing up in the ordnance drop indicator, and didn't even see the other footage. My bad!

Holy smokes, I just remembered I get off at noon CST tomorrow and will have BL2 in hand in case anyone will have it that early and wants to be my battle bro(s).
I'd be down.

Who's getting Borderlands 2 at midnight tonight?
Me! Midnight PST.

Top Bottom