• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Hey You

Dreamcrusher.png
dfgcv.png

Magni

No it's not the smacktalk or teabagging, it's the lack of teamwork. People who think they're in Multiteam or something ><

The guys have the mics in and will only start talking to say "fuck this game" when we're losing 48 something and the game is over. I've played very few games, but only one with any real teamwork (and the other team rapidly quit, we ended winning 50-4, so not that fun actually). I got my first Assist Spree ever though :lol

MLG with a full team is sweet, I miss the days of being a junior in high school and coming home each afternoon to train before doing some gamebattles with my team, those were the days.. Now everyone is studying or working, it's just not the same =(

So are the Noble maps worth it? I held out on the Heroic Halo 3 until it was free but I bought Legendary on day one. I haven't been back to Reach since CODBO came out.

Advance_Alarm said:
So are the Noble maps worth it? I held out on the Heroic Halo 3 until it was free but I bought Legendary on day one. I haven't been back to Reach since CODBO came out.
The more I play the, the more I enjoy them, so yes, it is a great purchase.

The BTB map is quite the hoot for Invasion too

Dax01 said:
Lookin' forward to the community playlist(s) whenever it goes up.

It's gonna be HAWT Yo!

Anybody (besides Ghal) ever go into Forge and just start screwing around only to look at the clock and realize you've been randomly piecing virtual building blocks together for an hour with no actual plan?

Good times(ink)!

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
Good games Juices, we were shittin' on those kids, guess you had to go though, you quitting SOB.

Good firefight game Ghaleon!
You were rocking that grenade launcher. I think when I've maxed out the headshot commendations, I'll rock that in Score Attack for a while to get up to speed with it. I've never been that good with it but you were taking out packs of dudes like they were butter. 0_o

Edit: I'm hoping for a nice, meaty Weekly Challenge next week. The 16k mother lode a few weeks back set a standard I hope gets met or topped again soon.

Kujo

Why are the spawn points in Arena so bad, get beat down 2 seconds after spawning, not to mention spawning in enemy line of sight line a bazillion times, wtf is this

Mush

Sai-kun, I asked in the Reach W7 theme thread, but who is that in your avatar?

OMNOMNOMNOM

(please don't tell me she's from the "creepy" thread...)

Kujo

Plywood said:
It's because they want you to play MLG.
If I search for good connection I can't even get a match, no Aussies play this damn gametype

I appreciate your posts in the "creepy" thread, not that I ever looked in it or anything...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mojo said:
If I search for good connection I can't even get a match, no Aussies play this damn gametype

I appreciate your posts in the "creepy" thread, not that I ever looked in it or anything...
Thank you and sorry to hear about the other Aussies that play Halo happen to not be playing the MLG playlist.

Kujo

Plywood said:
Thank you and sorry to hear about the other Aussies that play Halo happen to not be playing the MLG playlist.
Ah I meant in the Arena playlist, I haven't actually tried MLG yet. The Arena population was down to ~400 when I got on yesterday, I just want to get ranked then I'm never going to touch this playlist again

And why does everyone vote for Pinnacle everytime /rage

Gui_PT

Blastin' and Relaxin' - 2000cR

Kill 180 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Covenant-cide - 1000cR

Kill 90 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Mostly at Night - 5000cR

Complete Nightfall on Legendary without dying. (again)

That Pink Mist - 1000cR

Kill 70 enemies with a Supercombine from the Needler or Needle Rifle in Firefight Matchmaking. (for the second time this week)

LordAlu

Gui_PT said:
That Pink Mist - 1000cR

Kill 70 enemies with a Supercombine from the Needler or Needle Rifle in Firefight Matchmaking. (for the second time this week)
That's not even worth the effort.

Magni

Fuck Jun for betraying me, what the fuck man?

Why is there no Quit without Saving option ><

edit: just let me turn off Friendlies ffs, they're more a hindrance than a help

edit2: god dammit! 40 minutes in a dropship lands RIGHT ON TOP OF ME fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Campaign challenges aren't fun when you're doing them solo =( Might as well cheat with a guest

MrBig

MagniHarvald said:
Fuck Jun for betraying me, what the fuck man?

Why is there no Quit without Saving option ><

edit: just let me turn off Friendlies ffs, they're more a hindrance than a help

edit2: god dammit! 40 minutes in a dropship lands RIGHT ON TOP OF ME fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Campaign challenges aren't fun when you're doing them solo =( Might as well cheat with a guest
If you going to cheat you can just run through the level in 5 minutes ( http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10109197&player=Mr Kwatz ) or just save&quit at the end. When you save and quit it counts as a new game with no deaths.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
LordAlu said:
That's not even worth the effort.

Agreed, at this point 1k-2k for a challenge is worthless.

MrBig said:
If you going to cheat you can just run through the level in 5 minutes ( http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=10109197&player=Mr Kwatz ) or just save&quit at the end. When you save and quit it counts as a new game with no deaths.

I did that last night on Heroic with thunderstorm on, guess I'll see if I can nail it on Legendary tonight.

GhaleonEB said:
You were rocking that grenade launcher. I think when I've maxed out the headshot commendations, I'll rock that in Score Attack for a while to get up to speed with it. I've never been that good with it but you were taking out packs of dudes like they were butter. 0_o

Edit: I'm hoping for a nice, meaty Weekly Challenge next week. The 16k mother lode a few weeks back set a standard I hope gets met or topped again soon.

Yeah, like I said, that's where I practice with it to see how it reacts to different angles and surface types.

To be fair though, that was probably my best game using it. :D

miladesn said:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-halo-reach-tech-interview

Digital Foundry has a HUGE tech interview with Bungie, it's very long and in great detail about the tech of the game, great read.
Digital Foundry: Might we see a "deleted scenes" campaign chapter as DLC? The Legendary commentary mentioned a cut level involving a Scarab...

Chris Opdahl: No plans that I know of to have deleted scenes be part of DLC, but the community team would be better able to answer that. However, I can tell the story of the deleted Scarab level.

When we were planning out all of the missions, we knew we were going to have something in a ravaged city. We were not sure if it was going to be just before it was glassed, during, or just after. Initially we wanted to do it after, and we were going to use a Scarab as the means for the player to cross the glassed terrain. So the player was going to work to hijack a Scarab and then be able to control the Scarab across parts of the edges of the glassed city.

We had a working prototype of a player-controlled Scarab and a mock-up of a section of the city. There were definite moments when you knew the context of what you were doing was going to be awesome, and some of the physics of shooting a super cannon to blow up Covenant was going to be sweet, but the act of controlling a Scarab was not something I had faith was going to be a sustainable experience for any length of time. And the cost of making the Scarab driving real was very high, so we decided to cut that mission.

And then we added a mission to take the place of the deleted mission, which ended up being New Alexandria. We still knew we needed to show a city in the process of being destroyed by the Covenant, and flying the Falcon was awesome. Chocolate and peanut butter!

Eric Osborne: Every time we talk about cut content, players lament the loss, assuming the discarded scenarios and features would have made remarkable and impactful additions to the game. The reality is that these grand ideas aren't incorporated because they would be remarkable and impactful for all the wrong reasons. That's why they're ultimately cut, and that's why players won't see us resurrect "deleted scenes" as DLC.
I want to play this sequence...

And that is something what I missed in the Halo: Reach campaign. When I had played the first time "Pillar Of Autumn" I was really hyped to have a epic battle against the scarab. But all of you know how the game ends: No Scarab fight. The Scarab fight was something unique in Halo 3.

Alienshogun said:
Good games Juices, we were shittin' on those kids, guess you had to go though, you quitting SOB.

There was lots of distractions around last night. The world did not want me playing Halo. Ill be on tonight though again hopefully.

Played my first MLG game though, went +8 carried my negative ass randoms to a win and it was 3v4 for a bit until they were losing and had a guy ragequit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
There was lots of distractions around last night. The world did not want me playing Halo. Ill be on tonight though again hopefully.

Played my first MLG game though, went +8 carried my negative ass randoms to a win and it was 3v4 for a bit until they were losing and had a guy ragequit.

I'll be watching the GSP Koscheck fight tonight, so I probably won't be on, then Sunday I'll be studying for finals.

After that I'm available every day for 3 weeks! :D

MrBig

Hypertrooper said:
I want to play this sequence...

And that is something what I missed in the Halo: Reach campaign. When I had played the first time "Pillar Of Autumn" I was really hyped to have a epic battle against the scarab. But all of you know how the game ends: No Scarab fight. The Scarab fight was something unique in Halo 3.
I was really disappointed that reach just lacked an "epic" mission like every other game has had. LNoS is good, but it could have been better. I never once have died from being shot at by the enemy ships, even on my legendary play through.
H1 had AotCR/tSC, H2 had Delta Halo, H3 had The Covenant/Halo, and the closest reach has to that is LNoS/tPOA, but they are not epic.

Top Bottom