• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Grimm Fandango said:
I'm somewhat glad there wasn't a Scarab-oriented level. Personally had enough of those things over the past couple of games.
Yeah, I found driving a Scarab to be the most boring, repetitive section of all previous Halo games.

feel

Did the stockpile achievement last night with friends (team objective, party of 4), felt great doing something that required a group effort. Lot's of shouting and random hilarity during the game while we tried to pull it off, great times, felt like a very short Endure/Annual-style run to us.

More achievements like this Bungie, but make it so it can't be cheated, that requires 4 players over live, and takes multiple hours and good teamwork/coordination.

So how does one get the jackpot slot machine? I've played hundreds of games since they announced it and not quick a single one. How does one qualify for this?

Gui_PT

BlueScrote said:
People that quit based on the gametype need to die in a fire. Its people like you that ruin it for the rest of your team.

Amen. Fortunately that problem isn't such a big deal anymore.

Letters said:
Did the stockpile achievement last night with friends (team objective, party of 4), felt great doing something that required a group effort. Lot's of shouting and random hilarity during the game while we tried to pull it off, great times, felt like a very short Endure/Annual-style run to us.

More achievements like this Bungie, but make it so it can't be cheated, that requires 4 players over live, and takes multiple hours and good teamwork/coordination.
Please no. I'd rather have crazy campaign and firefight achievements. Like complete the campaign on co-op legendary with at least two skulls on.

I got it! I GOT IT! I got the Breakpoint achievement :) Now I need to get the Stockpile, DMR and Rocket Race achievement :/

But Invasion on Breakpoint was fun.

feel

Dax01 said:
Please no. I'd rather have crazy campaign and firefight achievements. Like complete the campaign on co-op legendary with at least two skulls on.
Wait, I agree, I didn't really make it clear, but even if I started the post by mentioning a MP achievement, I really wasn't asking for anything but coop Campaign/Firefight achievements, that have you and your friends cooperating against the AI for a couple of hours on a tough scenario.

GhaleonEB

I've been chipping away at Commendations lately, as much as Challenges. And my bane is the Perfectionist in Firefight, beating a Round without dying. I have knack for that one, random WTF death in Score Attack, usually right at the very end. Just now I got all the way through a game, took out the last Elite - who had a Plasma Launcher - thinking I had dodged its fire. And I last all the way until the credits pop up in the corner, and then explode. A plasma round had stuck to my ankle as I dodged around it.

46/50, still.

#$%&!@

Willeth

I posted in the Forge thread, but I'm looking for an answer ASAP - if anyone can help I owe them a hug.

I'm trying to edit my Infection variant so that it counts a win based on points accumulated. It's not taking, and I don't know why.

Currently, it's set to ten rounds of two minutes each, with a score to win of five. The zombies score two points per kill, and the human gets five for surviving. The game always starts with a last man standing.

The idea is that if a human player can survive for two minutes (which is pretty difficult), he automatically wins. However, if a zombie gets three kills in the ten rounds, the game ends and the zombie wins. If no-one gets five points in the ten rounds, the winner is calculated. Problem is, the game just seems to ignore the five points to win, and loads the next round even if the human survives. I want it to game over at that point. What am I missing?

Gui_PT said:
Amen. Fortunately that problem isn't such a big deal anymore.

Really? Last night I think everygame I played in MLG/Noble had at least 2 quitters. Arena seems to be the only playlist that I don't encounter quitters.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
GhaleonEB said:
I've been chipping away at Commendations lately, as much as Challenges. And my bane is the Perfectionist in Firefight, beating a Round without dying. I have knack for that one, random WTF death in Score Attack, usually right at the very end. Just now I got all the way through a game, took out the last Elite - who had a Plasma Launcher - thinking I had dodged its fire. And I last all the way until the credits pop up in the corner, and then explode. A plasma round had stuck to my ankle as I dodged around it.

46/50, still.

#$%&!@

it blows my mind you need 50 to even get the first level for that commendation. not that its especially difficult, but shit its time consuming, and as you pointed out, you always seem to get nailed at the end (usually for me, its a grunt that snuck up on my flank and sticks me or has a fuel rod cannon).

anyone have any idea how many rounds you'd have to do to get onyx? :lol

Gui_PT

BlueScrote said:
Really? Last night I think everygame I played in MLG/Noble had at least 2 quitters. Arena seems to be the only playlist that I don't encounter quitters.

From my experience, there are still quitters. But the number of quitters decreased a lot in the last weeks/month.

zumphry

Banned
Gonna miss the customs, so someone fill in my spot of lame jokes, but don't steal my depression shtick, that's mine, dammit.

Zennshi

Neo Member
GhaleonEB said:

46/50, still.

#$%&!@

Try Gruntpocalypse on Holdout with ArmorLock or SniperAttack on Beachhead with Dropshield and you will get Perfectionist pretty easy.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
Lookin' forward to customs tonight. I wants to check out my gametypes.
You're not invited.

If I don't have people to MLG with I'll probably join in on the customs tonight. It's been a looooong time.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
You're not invited.

If I don't have people to MLG with I'll probably join in on the customs tonight. It's been a looooong time.

If you would take me under your wing I would MLG with you all night long. :D

All, night, long.

Louis Wu

cool_dude_2049 said:
So how does one get the jackpot slot machine? I've played hundreds of games since they announced it and not quick a single one. How does one qualify for this?
Pretty much the same way you win the lottery - you play a lot, and one day, you find yourself rich and surrouded by hangers-on and leeches.

op_ivy said:
anyone have any idea how many rounds you'd have to do to get onyx? :lol
According to this, it's 5,000 (with a max at 8,000).

Tashi

Alienshogun said:
If you would take me under your wing I would MLG with you all night long. :D

All, night, long.
Lol I meant my teammate. If he's on I'd play MLG. If he isn't, it's customs.

We'll play MLG sometime, don't worry.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
Lol I meant my teammate. If he's on I'd play MLG. If he isn't, it's customs.

We'll play MLG sometime, don't worry.

But, but, we're not even friends! Plus I would probably shoot myself in the face after 2 rounds at your truskill level. :lol

Tashi

Alienshogun said:
But, but, we're not even friends! Plus I would probably shoot myself in the face after 2 rounds at your truskill level. :lol

:lol Please don't shoot yourself in the face lol

MrBig

Alienshogun said:
I can get in on this too, just lost 48v50 with randoms.

GhaleonEB

I know Lars has been chipping away at some new game types, per the BWU's, but I thought I'd toss out what I'd like to see.

My wish is for two Firefight playlists: regular Firefight, and Firefight Grab Bag. Regular Firefight would be several iterations of 'normal' Firefight. The variant in there now, a Legendary version of the same, Firefight Classic (unlimited Rounds, limited lives), that sort of thing. While stuff like Rocketfight, Sniperfight and Firefight Versus would be in Grab Bag.

This is a long way of saying, I really don't want to play Rocketfight again. It's fun now and then when I want to blow lots of stuff up, but it gets voted for way too often. So if you see me begging for a FF partner via Live, it's because I want someone else to vote for normal Firefight with me. Please help in this endeavor. Have mercy.

ACE 1991

Oh right! I'd like to watch the VGA's first. Trying to get back into Reach (barely put any time into it) so I figured halogaf customs would be a good way to put that spark back into my relationship with halo.

GhaleonEB said:
I know Lars has been chipping away at some new game types, per the BWU's, but I thought I'd toss out what I'd like to see.

My wish is for two Firefight playlists: regular Firefight, and Firefight Grab Bag. Regular Firefight would be several iterations of 'normal' Firefight. The variant in there now, a Legendary version of the same, Firefight Classic (unlimited Rounds, limited lives), that sort of thing. While stuff like Rocketfight, Sniperfight and Firefight Versus would be in Grab Bag.

This is a long way of saying, I really don't want to play Rocketfight again. It's fun now and then when I want to blow lots of stuff up, but it gets voted for way too often. So if you see me begging for a FF partner via Live, it's because I want someone else to vote for normal Firefight with me. Please help in this endeavor. Have mercy.
I completely agree. I hopped on to FF today, only matched with one guy hellbent on playing Rocketfight. We get Rocketfigt on Waterfront. He quit out on me 10mins later...

Blueblur1

GhaleonEB said:

For.

Arnie

Yea, add me to the list of people who want to play MLG with Tashi. We should make a little organised Gaf squad, I reckon we could do some damage. I remember playing the TJ's during the beta, I think they beat us by about one kill but I was pleased with my personal performance, didn't think much of theirs.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
cool_dude_2049 said:

It's as random as bloom.

When you figure out bloom, you get the Jackpot.

Top Bottom