• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

GhaleonEB

An observation from my ongoing crunching of the Challenges from launch until now. One of the things I was curious about was whether Luke was ramping up the riches as time went on. We know the Game Complete bonus grows as we level. I wanted to see if he was increasing the cR the Challenges paid out; that would make sense, given what happens to the per-game reward.

Yup.

Average value of a Daily Challenge, for each month (through today):

Sep | 852
Oct | 1,312
Nov | 1,363
Dec | 1,669

It's another one of the ways the gaps between levels go by quicker than they might seem given the raw cR they take.

GhaleonEB said:
An observation from my ongoing crunching of the Challenges from launch until now. One of the things I was curious about was whether Luke was ramping up the riches as time went on. We know the Game Complete bonus grows as we level. I wanted to see if he was increasing the cR the Challenges paid out; that would make sense, given what happens to the per-game reward.

Yup.

Average value of a Daily Challenge, for each month (through today):

Sep | 852
Oct | 1,312
Nov | 1,363
Dec | 1,669

It's another one of the ways the gaps between levels go by quicker than they might seem given the raw cR they take.
Yup I can definitely attest to this too.

The gap between Warrant Officer 3 and Captain felt arduously long, but it was only 66,000 cR. The gap between my current ranks is ~110,000 cR and it feels like only a few days worth of games.

More than a Handful - 1250cR
Kill 125 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Secondary Fire - 4000cR
Earn 25 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Iron With Friends - 1750cR
Complete a Campaign mission co-op on Heroic or harder with the Iron Skull on.

Above the Neckline - 1250cR
Kill 5 enemies with headshots in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

pakkit

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
More than a Handful - 1250cR
Kill 125 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Secondary Fire - 4000cR
Earn 25 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Above the Neckline - 1250cR
Kill 5 enemies with headshots in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.
...Nice.

Gui_PT

25 Assists?

Come on Bungle, drop those Assist Challenges, please =\

Or at least fix the assists.

MagniHarvald said:
Anyone up for the Iron challenge this afternoon (EU time) ? =)

I'm about to go eat lunch. Want to have a go at the challenge in about an hour?

Magni

Gui_PT said:
25 Assists?

Come on Bungle, drop those Assist Challenges, please =\

Or at least fix the assists.

I'm about to go eat lunch. Want to have a go at the challenge in about an hour?

Sure.

And yeah, down with the five second limit for assists.

Gui_PT

MagniHarvald said:
Sure.
And yeah, down with the five second limit for assists.

I'm getting on now. Anyone else interested?

GhaleonEB said:
I'd like to see a "earn X assists in any game mode" version, if assists are going to be this frequent. We have it for kills, so...

That would actually be nicer than what we have at the moment.

MrBig

I'll be on after breakfast.

Tashibanner.jpg

eh, kinda quick.

At least the assist challenge is worth a lot this time, nothing really to get upset about.

Also I just remembered I got 777 slot machine twice last night in MLG, heres to not quitting. PENALIZE THOSE DOUCHEBAGS.

Magni

Woopie, got a Gold MM and a Silver FF to rank up to Commander, finally. How many more months till I get my Gold Visor Mk VI? :lol

zumphry

Banned
Sorry for holding you up for about 5 minutes last night, Juices and Devo. Remind me to not try to play Halo (and force my Xbox to have a CoD disc in it) during a party because I'm a goddamned nerd.

GhaleonEB

Requisite game of SWAT: played.

Then got Rocketfight. Again.

I'm starting to dislike that enough that I'm going to take a break from Firefight for a while, hopefully until the playlist is configured such that I don't have to play it. Alan Wake came with the new slim 360, so I think it's time to give that a spin.

I really hope there's a December or early January playlist refresh.

Merguson

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Requisite game of SWAT: played.

Then got Rocketfight. Again.

I'm starting to dislike that enough that I'm going to take a break from Firefight for a while, hopefully until the playlist is configured such that I don't have to play it. Alan Wake came with the new slim 360, so I think it's time to give that a spin.

I really hope there's a December or early January playlist refresh.

If you want, I would be willing to play some firefight after 5pm eastern if you are available. I sure other people would be welcome so we can make sure we get some.. vanilla offerings..

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
WOWOWOW These are both fuckin awesome. Holy shit. I can't decide which I'm going to use so I'll let HaloGAF do that. So guys if you could either PM or just post which one you like best that'd be great. Whichever you guys like the most. PM/post a 1 for the Red and Blue banner by MrBig or PM/post a 2 for the grey MLG banner by Letters. I'll close the voting in a few hours I guess. (If you PM, I won't disclose who voted for which in case anyone was worried about that)

MrBig said:

or...

Letters said:

Thanks again Letters and MrBig for making these. They are fucking sexy! I wish I could use both :lol

Use the top one. And it's not because the second banner has to do with MLG.

Okay, MLG may have something to do with it, but overall I like the top one more. No offense to Letters, he did a good job.

Both are very good, as Tashi said.

feel

Yeah, I like MrBig's more too. Charming and funny. :) If you really like them both, you can just start with that one and then switch to mine from time to time to keep things fresh.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Tashi0106 said:
WOWOWOW These are both fuckin awesome. Holy shit. I can't decide which I'm going to use so I'll let HaloGAF do that. So guys if you could either PM or just post which one you like best that'd be great. Whichever you guys like the most. PM/post a 1 for the Red and Blue banner by MrBig or PM/post a 2 for the grey MLG banner by Letters. I'll close the voting in a few hours I guess. (If you PM, I won't disclose who voted for which in case anyone was worried about that)

or...

Thanks again Letters and MrBig for making these. They are fucking sexy! I wish I could use both :lol

Just admit you like Letters's more. :p

Also, one of the challenges that popped up the past two days was weird:

20 supercombine kills = 1650 cR
70 supercombine kills = 1000 cR

o_O

zumphry

Banned
It might be tedious, but how about Mr. Big's for everything but when you play MLG/Gamebattles matches, you switch to Letters'?

I do like Mr. Big's a bit more due to the colors..

kylej

Banned
MLG is fun. I need to learn the strats, weapon placements etc but it's definitely better than vanilla Reach.

Can't fucking wait for finals to be over so I can poopsock the hell out of that playlist.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
Loving MLG playlist where you can't just armor lock when you start losing a battle. No excuses ya know, man the fuck up and be better.

Had this game http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=366155680&player=SometimesImEpic I was just dialed in 5 shotting everythin.

Holy shit dude, I thought I might be "on par" with you the other day when we were playing, but looking at that you were simply completely distracted.

I should be on later today after some studying for finals, after this week I'm free for 3 weeks straight. I'll be doing nothing but sleeping, eating, working out and Halo, when I'm not obligated for family time.

Tashi0106 said:

or...

I like letters', I have no clue what that non spartan is doing up in the air on MrBigs, and I like the professional clean look of letters', but much respect to both of them, they both look good.

So my vote is 2.

kylej said:
MLG is fun. I need to learn the strats, weapon placements etc but it's definitely better than vanilla Reach.

Can't fucking wait for finals to be over so I can poopsock the hell out of that playlist.

:lol

Tashi

K, so it looks like 5-1 for MrBig's banner. Thanks guys!

Stream is up now btw. Playing some MLG

Thanks for watching!

MrBig

Alienshogun said:
I have no clue what that non spartan is doing up in the air
He's jetpacking :lol

Do the banners have to be uploaded to Justin.tv's server or can they be hosted offsite? If you can have them offsite I can have it set up to switch between the two randomly.

Tashi

MrBig said:
He's jetpacking :lol

Do the banners have to be uploaded to Justin.tv's server or can they be hosted offsite? If you can have them offsite I can have it set up to switch between the two randomly.

No you gotta upload them to JTV.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
My 360 locking up and requiring a hard power-down because of a failed host migration is really, really not cool. It's only happened twice in 400+ games, but still... not cool.

vatstep said:
My 360 locking up and requiring a hard power-down because of a failed host migration is really, really not cool. It's only happened twice in 400+ games, but still... not cool.
That happened me once. It was rather odd indeed.

Kuroyume

Banned
vatstep said:

I think I just got one of those right now. Host migration screen and I press the dash button to pull it up but all I hear is the sound. Still stuck on the host screen. So weird to get that just as I read your post.

Oh nice... Now I'm banned for 10 mins becuase I had to power down.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Kuroyume said:
I think I just got one of those right now. Host migration screen and I press the dash button to pull it up but all I hear is the sound. Still stuck on the host screen. So weird to get that just as I read your post.

Oh nice... Now I'm banned for 10 mins becuase I had to power down.

You're probably banned for 10 minutes for all the quitting that took place before the powerdown.

ZayneH said:
Sorry for holding you up for about 5 minutes last night, Juices and Devo. Remind me to not try to play Halo (and force my Xbox to have a CoD disc in it) during a party because I'm a goddamned nerd.

lol.

It's ok. I wouldn't even trust my pals around my 360 during a party, especially if drinking is involved.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
ZayneH said:

Wait, COD is ok, but Halo is suddenly "nerd" territory? Where the hell is the logic in that?

WTF is wrong with kids these days.

Top Bottom