• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

feel

kylej said:
Ap4nV.gif
:lol

Seriously, so bizarre

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
:lol

Seriously, so bizarre
Hey, I've been saying for years that I like to watch MLG, even if I don't like to play it. I mean, I like to watch football too but I got my ass kicked the one year I actually played :p

Striker

Ramirez said:
Man, you know the core gametypes suck when you see this. :lol
CTF without long respawn times, usage of Assault - but seems like Bungie is heavy on games like Headhunter in Reach and stuffed VIP down our throats in Halo 3.

It's like the people from Halo 2 online left the studio.

I do love Reach's core objective variants, but the lack of being implemented in the playlists is the most disappointing of it, mostly Assault. That's invisible in BTB. Why? Great question. Yet there's BTB Snipers, Elite Slayer, and Headhunter.

kylej

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Hey, I've been saying for years that I like to watch MLG, even if I don't like to play it. I mean, I like to watch football too but I got my ass kicked the one year I actually played :p

Watching MLG one day. Playing MLG the next. Soon you'll have a personalized pair of Gunnars, your thumb will be in a brace from too much ogre twitching and you'll have a Pistola portrait tattooed on your back.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
Yea I'm good at MLG. Always looking for competent players these days so hit me up HaloGAF.

Oh snap, I'm competent! :lol

kylej said:
Watching MLG one day. Playing MLG the next. Soon you'll have a personalized pair of Gunnars, your thumb will be in a brace from too much ogre twitching and you'll have a Pistola portrait tattooed on your back.

I still don't understand those Gunnars things, I haven't seen anyone who has actually bought them.

Arnie

kylej said:
Walshy key ring?

And Juices, I'm good but I'm from the UK so our connections might not gel that well.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Arnie said:
Walshy key ring?

And Juices, I'm good but I'm from the UK so our connections might not gel that well.

As long as it isn't an Irish connection, Dani and the gang's connections make all of our connections get contact drunk.

kylej

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Oh snap, I'm competent! :lol

I still don't understand those Gunnars things, I haven't seen anyone who has actually bought them.

What a coincidence! I was just about to ask if HaloGAF wanted to do a Gunnar Optiks/Dr Pepper group buy.

GhaleonEB

Striker said:
CTF without long respawn times, usage of Assault - but seems like Bungie is heavy on games like Headhunter in Reach and stuffed VIP down our throats in Halo 3.

It's like the people from Halo 2 online left the studio.

I do love Reach's core objective variants, but the lack of being implemented in the playlists is the most disappointing of it, mostly Assault. That's invisible in BTB. Why? Great question. Yet there's BTB Snipers, Elite Slayer, and Headhunter.
Thing is, I like Headhunter but I consider it a Slayer variant. It's balanced in the playlists as if it were an objective one (though it's kind of a hybrid).

The total lack of BTB objectives such as Assault is something I hope gets rectified with the Forgetacular maps. It's mah only hope.

Arnie

Alienshogun said:
As long as it isn't an Irish connection, Dani and the gang's connections make all of our connections get contact drunk.
To be honest it'll probably be very similar, during customs mine always seems to be inline with theirs. Shame, I'd love to play some MLG with the GAF guys, but in doing so would put one of us at a serious disadvantage, and when that happens there's not much point as it defeats the object of fair competition.

I'm loving the MLG appreciation here in HaloGAF though, makes a change from the Halo 3 days where it was chastised like an ugly duckling.

Next stop is an in depth discussion about who's better, Final Boss or Instinct. It'll be like the BR Vs. AR debate except even more pointless.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
kylej said:
What a coincidence! I was just about to ask if HaloGAF wanted to do a Gunnar Optiks/Dr Pepper group buy.

I don't even know what this means.

Arnie said:
To be honest it'll probably be very similar, during customs mine always seems to be inline with theirs. Shame, I'd love to play some MLG with the GAF guys, but in doing so would put one of us at a serious disadvantage, and when that happens there's not much point as it defeats the object of fair competition.

I'm loving the MLG appreciation here in HaloGAF though, makes a change from the Halo 3 days where it was chastised like an ugly duckling.

Next stop is an in depth discussion about who's better, Final Boss or Instinct. It'll be like the BR Vs. AR debate except even more pointless.

Yeah, pretty much. I think all the love it's getting here is because it's improving a game we love, but I've always been a fan of competitive gaming, and watching it. When I was younger I used to watch a Korean competition where they fought in Mech simulators, I miss stuff like that, so MLG isn't too far off. I remember the idea of XBL tv where you could watch people play, if I remember right the original project gotham used to have that, but that idea went nowhere, and I thought it was an amazing idea.

Anyway, I digress, I think mostly people don't mind MLG and the most vocal are either insecure kids, jealous kids, or people with bad taste, Dax falls in there somewhere, he's the most vocal here against it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Speaking MLG , they updated the site BIG time. Check it out, it's pretty sexy.

Also, we should probably talk strats now that so many people here play the MLG playlists. Yayy for high level competitive gaming chat lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:

Also, we should probably talk strats now that so many people here play the MLG playlists. Yayy for high level competitive gaming chat lol

After watching your stream over the last few days I learned a few things. When Juices and I were on countdown after the initial DMR spam fest I remembered a trick I learned, so I sprinted to big door and banked a grenade off the door ny their spawn, I was rewarded with "First strike, DOUBLE KILL."

Sometimes watching benefits your playing. :D

Stackboy said:
I am one of those douchebags who picks rocketfight every time in Firefight. But I never have a mic on, so I hear no complaints.

Here's a fucking cookie, now GTFO.

Stackboy

I am one of those douchebags who picks rocketfight every time in Firefight. But I never have a mic on, so I hear no complaints.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Alienshogun said:

What you talking about? Playing with Americans when we Irish folks pull host is pure bliss. =)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
Next thread should warn newcomer's of your.... reception. :lol

Well, his post is a piece of shit post, so it got a piece of shit "reception." :D

Dani said:
What you talking about? Playing with Americans when we Irish folks pull host is pure bliss. =)

Indeed. :lol

Stackboy said:
Pff I just know what I like. In life (and Halo MP) you might meet a lot of people who are douchebags such as myself.
You're hardly a douche in all fairness. Rocketfight is very enjoyable for many Halo players, myself included.

Lol @ Dani and his "gang". Dani has a gang? :lol :lol :lol

please don't kick me outta the gang!!!

Tashi0106 said:

not pro enough

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
You're hardly a douche in all fairness. Rocketfight is very enjoyable for many Halo players, myself included.

Lol @ Dani and his "gang". Dani has a gang? :lol :lol :lol

please don't kick me outta the gang!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdE3PA_rwWY

Dude Abides said:
Is is it just me or does nobody have the Noble map pack? I've had if for several days (just got back into Reach after an ill-advised CODBLOPS frolic and detour) and none of them have come up even once.

Play the DLC playlist.

Dude Abides

Banned
Is is it just me or does nobody have the Noble map pack? I've had if for several days (just got back into Reach after an ill-advised CODBLOPS frolic and detour) and none of them have come up even once.

MMaRsu

Sorry to the guys who I play with sometimes that I haven't been online much.. Been gaming on my new Ps3 mostly :D.

Kuroyume

Banned
I've had the Noble maps come up in Multi Team a few times.

Worst thing about the DLC hopper now is that everyone picks Invasion all the time. No one wants to play Anchor 9... Wtf

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Dude Abides said:
I've had new maps come up for vote in Rumble Pit and Team Slayer a few times. All but once, forge maps won the vote. I don't know what's wrong with people.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MMaRsu said:
Sorry to the guys who I play with sometimes that I haven't been online much.. Been gaming on my new Ps3 mostly :D.

Yeah, I tried that for a while. Only games that I really liked were MGS4 and Killzone 2. Now it's just a bluray player and netflix platform in my living room.

Kuroyume said:
I've had the Noble maps come up in Multi Team a few times.

Worst thing about the DLC hopper now is that everyone picks Invasion all the time. No one wants to play Anchor 9... Wtf

You play way too much Multiteam man, how the hell do you enjoy that, WAY too much chaos.

Dude Abides said:

I've had it come up a few times in Team Slayer, but it's still somewhat rare, yes.

They should add an icon to your name if you have the Noble Map Pack so that we can publicly shame those who have not gotten it yet.

Blueblur1

Hey, so has anyone brought up the fact that the Plasma Launcher is a pretty useless weapon? Bungie might as well switch the Rocket Launcher for it during the Elite gametypes because PL is ass.

Kuroyume

Banned
Alienshogun said:
You play way too much Multiteam man, how the hell do you enjoy that, WAY too much chaos.

I like it because there are so many enemies to kill. I'll put up with crap like grenade and AR spam for that reason alone. It's kind of like Lone Wolves on steroids. I don't even bother with my teammate.

Oozer3993

kylej said:

And a Bieber haircut. That's mandatory, like crew cuts in the Navy.

Tashi0106 said:

I find it's usually a good idea to shoot the guys who are a different color than I.

feel

Blueblur1 said:
Hey, so has anyone brought up the fact that the Plasma Launcher is a pretty useless weapon? Bungie might as well switch the Rocket Launcher for it during the Elite gametypes because PL is ass.
I like picking it up, I don't use the lock on, I just charge the 4 shots and spray and pray, it's fun.

edit-
Tashi0106 said:
Yayy for high level competitive gaming chat lol
oops

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Alienshogun said:
I think Juices is my new Halo bud, that Plywood guy's been a cheating hoe lately.

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=366731993&player=AlienShogun

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=366717023&player=AlienShogun ten frickin headshots on this one.

:D

Wish I didn't have to study right now.
Haha :lol

I'd be incline to play with the both of you, whenever, just throw me and invite and if I'm not glued on Dragon Age I'll happily oblige.

Top Bottom