• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Kuroyume said:
Does anyone hate the middle grav lifts on Zealot as much as I do?

I don't think it would be an issue if they weren't IN the ground.

kylej said:
I for one am stunned that lots of people didn't spend $150 on a gigantic plastic piece of shit.

Anyone down for MLG and or TS and or Noble send jelyk a message and or friend request and or thank you.

Eh, I really like the statue, but I'm a nerd like that. :D

WickedLaharl said:
any headway being made on a join in progress model? no? well, okay then.

No, won't ever be one except in customs, but quitters are significantly less of a problem these days.

GhaleonEB said:
Protip: If someone tries to throw a grenade at you, shoot it to make them go boom instead.

:lol

I was wondering how long till you used that.

GhaleonEB

HLGEB.jpg

Protip: If someone tries to throw a grenade at you, shoot it to make them go boom instead. Like this.

reach_11150067_Full.jpg

reach_11150068_Full.jpg

Dani said:
I know making up achievements is old hat but there's a thread going around at the moment and these two popped into my head.

Super Soldier
Earn a kill in the Campaign with every weapon and vehicle available

Good Game
Play against the exact same team again after being defeated - and win, in multiplayer matchmaking

2nd one sound terrible. Who sticks around for another game especially after getting your ass kicked.

Dani said:
Sometimes winning isn't everything.

Eh, to me, winning is pretty much everything, well you have to play good and win, then it's everything. Bad way to look at things, but that's how I am. Sometimes it sucks being a very competitive person.

Unless you are just screwing around having fun.

Gui_PT said:
If they didn't put that in the game, it's because it just wouldn't work. Do you want to play something that doesn't quite work, just for the sake of playing it?

Unless they waste a few months to make it work. But I doubt they will.
But a fight against s Scarab would be fine :]. Maybe we will see a footage of the scarab sequence. I would be fine with it.

Nutter

Dani said:
Sometimes winning isn't everything.
That is only true in Multi Team. :)

Where the entire point is to get "something", be it assists, double kills, tripple kills, and so on.

Other than that, in a Team game, if my team isnt winning, I will be less inclined to keep playing the game.

Falt

About the weekly, it's seems a little over bearing but from last nights play (14 games) I gained 33 multikills. It's well do-able. I have gained 900+ multikills since launch and I was a little put off but like juices said earlier, it's the incentive to play and it's the trip to get the weekly that will net you the cR, as with any challenge really. I'mma go for it!

Dani said:
Good Game
Play against the exact same team again after being defeated - and win, in multiplayer matchmaking

Funny, just last night. 3v3 Crazy King at Sword Base, ridiculously intense tight game! Ended 149-150, the other team just clinching it at the end in a 149-149 tie. I jovially called them out for a rematch afterward. Such a tight fun game, of couse I wanted more of the same. This wasn't a dong and be donged issue. They bailed, sadly.

Giving the power to gain an achievement to a bunch of strangers just wouldn't work imo.

Lazslo said:
Yeah man it looks so fake but I also thought those Reach leaks were fake. This has been on the web since late November- it's just weird nobody's seen it here, or maybe everyone knows about it already

Luke Debunked it around when that thread was posted.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Today's challenges are much better, finally.

Shootin' and Lootin'

Kill 100 enemies in any game mode in Reach 1000cr

Gunslinger

Kill 40 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking 1000cr

Just a Shower

Complete any Campaign mission on Normal or harder with Thunderstorm on. 2000cr

Who's the Big Winner?

Win 10 games in multiplayer Matchmaking. 2000cr

Ocho

Hey guys,

So I bought the game yesterday and it won't read the disc (sometimes it'll say play DVD but it won't work). I read the game had issues with disc read errors on 4gb Slim Xbox. I have a 250gb Slim Xbox 360. Any solutions or do I need to return the game?

Thanks in advance.

Miggytronz

ochobit said:
Hey guys,

So I bought the game yesterday and it won't read the disc (sometimes it'll say play DVD but it won't work). I read the game had issues with disc read errors on 4gb Slim Xbox. I have a 250gb Slim Xbox 360. Any solutions or do I need to return the game?

Thanks in advance.

You need a bigger HD. Reach wont be the only game that will do that to ya. Shoulda coughed up the extra dough and bought the 250HDD version.

Mikasangelos said:
You need a bigger HD. Reach wont be the only game that will do that to ya. Shoulda coughed up the extra dough and bought the 250HDD version.

It looks like he did.. Does the disc have any scratches? Have you had any other Disc Read issues?

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

CrazedArabMan said:
Eh, to me, winning is pretty much everything, well you have to play good and win, then it's everything. Bad way to look at things, but that's how I am. Sometimes it sucks being a very competitive person.

Unless you are just screwing around having fun.
That my good sir is a contradiction. So winning is everything but it isn't. I am confused.

Arnie

God we had some terrible games of MLG this afternoon, too many quitters. I see the horrible half of the Halo community are still here in full force. Idlers, quitters, betrayers and just in general selfish players invaded over 50% of my games today.

Arnie said:
God we had some terrible games of MLG this afternoon, too many quitters. I see the horrible half of the Halo community are still here in full force. Idlers, quitters, betrayers and just in general selfish players invaded over 50% of my games today.

My biggest problem with quitting is its waterfall effect. One person quits, okay not really a problem. Then a second person quits because the first person quit. Now its 2v4. The game just becomes unfun at that point.

Ocho

BlueScrote said:
It looks like he did.. Does the disc have any scratches? Have you had any other Disc Read issues?

The disc is in mint conditions. The xbox is two months old and I've never had disc read errors before (played halo3, odst, gears of war 2, cod: black ops).

I guess I'll try to "clean" the insides the xbox 360 (laser stuff) and hope for the best. :(

Arnie

BlueScrote said:
My biggest problem with quitting is its waterfall effect. One person quits, okay not really a problem. Then a second person quits because the first person quit. Now its 2v4. The game just becomes unfun at that point.
True. But once one person quits in an objective game the other team have to be the dregs of the Earth not to win the game. The man advantage on an objective game is pretty much devastating to the other team.

GhaleonEB

ochobit said:
The disc is in mint conditions. The xbox is two months old and I've never had disc read errors before (played halo3, odst, gears of war 2, cod: black ops).

I guess I'll try to "clean" the insides the xbox 360 (laser stuff) and hope for the best. :(
Give a call to customer support (1-800-4-my-xbox) before you do anything that would violate your warranty.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Arnie said:

Yeah, I've noticed more quitters in MLG than anywhere else right now.

Arnie said:
True. But once one person quits in an objective game the other team have to be the dregs of the Earth not to win the game. The man advantage on an objective game is pretty much devastating to the other team.

Yeah I completely Agree with you there. I tend to avoid objective though, because I mostly play with randoms.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
Someone should hire me, getting real sick of my job.

They should hire me too, for security. :D I'm sure Jerome and I would work well together, and I know a thing or two about working security.

If they hired both of us we could go out and get a coffee together and talk about how much of a pansy Urk is, and how I could totally grow a more manly beard.

Merguson said:
Enough with the "new" Halo leaks, we all know 343 Industries is working on a Halo remake. :p

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24899653&postcount=2170

Top Bottom