• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Boom! Ball is the greatest gametype ever made. Jeremiah, please make a playlist that is nothing but Boom! Ball. I would never play anything else.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dax01 said:
Boom! Ball is the greatest gametype ever made. Jeremiah, please make a playlist that is nothing but Boom! Ball. I would never play anything else.
There should be a race playlist, why is there no race playlist.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
It's a game type tailor made for you. :lol

Me, I'm in love with Hockey. Clutch as all hell.

Is it me, or is Splockets not very fun in Reach? I thought it was okay now and then in Halo 3.
Tunavi said:
Still my favorite game ad ever. I see ads like this and wonder what on earth the Microsoft marketing folks are thinking by doing live action and diorama spots. (Though, I do know what they were thinking because I had the chance to ask one of them about it. It didn't make any sense.)

Tunavi

Banned
Trasher said:
I bet you are still jacking it to them you perverted Gomezian FREAK!
710bqg.gif

Looks like plywood's out.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Trasher said:
I bet you are still jacking it to them you perverted Gomezian FREAK!
What? No. I already told you I am no Gomezian.
Tunavi said:
http://i41.tinypic.com/710bqg.gif
Looks like plywood's out.
I play the Game of Thrones Faps to win, and you either win or you lose there is no middle.

I expected more out of you by the way Tunavi.

PNut

Banned
Plywood said:
There should be a race playlist, why is there no race playlist.

This is a good question that has been brought up several times in the Optimatch forum on Bnet. Jeremiah has never responded to any of the threads though. The amount of amazing race tracks available in forge is mind boggling. I have at least 150 race maps downloaded that would work great for 8 player racing.

If Living Dead can surpass Team Slayer in population numbers, most of the day, I have no doubt that a Racing playlist could hold its on as well.

Guess it's just a lack of interest on their behalf.

343i believe.

Ramirez

Man, those commercials take me back to when I was HYPED for Halo, I really hope E3 brings some of that feeling back.

lol, when he said race I thought he meant being able to be an Elite or Spartan.

wwm0nkey

Next Halo game needs to use actual in-game footage for its advertisements.

Live action was cool for about a second but its just annoying now. Also shows more faith in your product to you know...show it.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
Man, those commercials take me back to when I was HYPED for Halo, I really hope E3 brings some of that feeling back.

lol, when he said race I thought he meant being able to be an Elite or Spartan.
An Elite Slayer playlist should also happen, that is if Elite Slayer is still in Multi Team, I imagine it still is.

feel

wwm0nkey said:
Next Halo game needs to use actual in-game footage for its advertisements.

Live action was cool for about a second but its just annoying now. Also shows more faith in your product to you know...show it.
Well that was random and wrong. :p

They always use both anyways, this was Reach's other commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60O4nnbEBOM

Unless you mean first person footage?

A27 Tawpgun said:
Cool Ambiguous Reaction bro.

Why do you think thats silly? BR is OP, BR spread?

The spread is what kept its range in check, and I agree with Ghaleon's points the long distance reach combat.

As far as it being OP, I think its a case of the other weapons are underpowered.

Agreed on that last statement. I don't like how Bungie has balanced the last couple of Halo games by continually nerfing everything until the weapons are 'balanced' because they all suck. Now Reach does a much better job of this than H3, but I still feel that it could be better and in fact was better in the beta.

Hitmonchan107 said:
The ability to suppress enemies and the ease of up-close shooting with the Focus Rifle makes it slightly less than or equal to the Sniper Rifle.

It's definitely my favorite new weapon in Reach.
Still the Focus Rifle isn't an one-shot weapon. You need some seconds with Focus Rifle to kill someone, but the sniper has only to shoot and BAM he gets a kill. And I know what I'm saying. I'm one of the survivors of Team 3.

Striker

A27 Tawpgun said:
Cool Ambiguous Reaction bro.

Why do you think thats silly? BR is OP, BR spread?
I just found the two words coinciding rather amusing: consistency and spread. If you're talking straight shooting, what was a problem with the Halo 2 BR? It was a fantastic midrange weapon, pretty effective in close quarters if you're talented enough, and can evade Sword users or dual wielders. It wasn't a long ranged rifle like the DMR is, nor did it overpower vehicles too much. That's your choice.

Tunavi said:
Absolutely the best commercial for the Halo series we have had, quite easily.

Striker

A27 Tawpgun said:
H2 BR far overshadowed everything else, but a lot of that was because of the button glitches.
Just like the Pistol overshadowed much else in CE, and Halo 3's BR overshadowed everything else in 3. The premier precision weapon tends to be the primary go-to weapon. Who'da thought.

Lastly, spread ≠ consistency.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Speaking of this...

Tunavi, Tawpgun or Juices, if you guys are on Reach, could you clip out the ridiculous grenade launcher kill I had on Uncaged? I believe it's from this game.

I'm at work until 2 a.m. (four more hours).

If not, that's cool. I just want to see it again.

Yea we are like not good at Uncaged lol. Especially me. I'm not sure if it was bad luck or what but I got pooped on. Every other map we killed on, Uncaged became frustrating as hell. Definitely should get some more Arena in though.

krakov

GhaleonEB said:
Is it me, or is Splockets not very fun in Reach? I thought it was okay now and then in Halo 3.

Jetpacks completely changes the game, I didn't especially enjoy it in 3 either though.

wwm0nkey

Letters said:
Well that was random and wrong. :p

They always use both anyways, this was Reach's other commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60O4nnbEBOM

Unless you mean first person footage?
idk me and my friends where just talking about it randomly at this birthday. We do not mind the live action advertisements but like in ODST where we saw only that live action ODST trailer. Granted it was awesome but I would still much rather see the game in a trailer for a game. Keep putting the live action stuff on the internet though and use it occasionally on TV but dont have it out weigh the gameplay trailers that air on TV.

Luken

Letters said:

XD Ahahahahahahaha!! I'm sorry... :(

Well, which armor ability do you recommend for me to use?

I'm not using armor lock anymore, I already used too much. :p

Now I'm using the evade ability playing in Squad and Team slayer. When I'm with the sword and using evade ability, I'm like playing Ninja Gaiden on Halo.

Cloak is also great, you can move cloaked in crouch position.
Sniper rifle and cloak = one shot one kill( try to find me hahaha)

My gamertag: LukenCortez51. Add me Gaf!

Hey You

krakov said:
Jetpacks completely changes the game, I didn't especially enjoy it in 3 either though.
People who use Jetpack are easy targets floating around in the open.

The AA I use in Splockets is
Armor Lock

*puts on double duty flame suit*

A27_StarWolf said:
Serious question regarding Armor Abilities:

Would you rather have them removed, or fixed so they work properly, all balanced, etc.

Would you put anything in place of them?
Currently in Reach or future Halo Games?

Hey You said:

Armor Lock

Currently in Reach or future Halo Games?

Future halo

A27_StarWolf said:
Serious question regarding Armor Abilities:

Would you rather have them removed, or fixed so they work properly, all balanced, etc.

Would you put anything in place of them?

I like Armor Abilities, I really do. Bungie wanted to give Halo: Reach something to set it apart from prior games and for better or worse they accomplished that. I wouldn't say remove AAs entirely, but perhaps nudging them back towards Equipment would be better. I have a rough-draft of an article on Equipment/AAs I'm writing, but it still needs work before I post it anywhere.
Hey You said:

Armor Lock

I have no problem with Armor Lock in gametypes like Splockets. I actually mind it less than I do jetpack in that scenario. Really, I imagine Splockets has two main strategies: (Jetpack + Rockets) or (Armor Lock + Splaser). That's okay, but I think I'd prefer a Halo 2/3 movement speed/jump without any armor abilities. I don't like how you have to choose one AA strategy at spawn and stick to it until you die. Maybe if dead players dropped AA pickups...

Hey You

A27_StarWolf said:
Future halo
I would like for them to come back. Have Halo Reach gametypes default on the disk and maybe a Halo Reach playlist using the gametypes.

I think AA's were/are a great addition to the franchise. It couldn't hurt to include it in future Halo's but not have them default or widely used.

Top Bottom