• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Kibbles

A27_StarWolf said:
I don't think it will have its own matchmaking. it sounds like it comes with maps to play on Reach.

List of Confirmed Maps:

Blood gulch

Beaver Creek

More?
No Blood Gulch. Hang em High and Damnation were also in there. And whatever that forest map is... it doesn't look like Timberland, Danger Canyon, or Death Island either.

Havok

Ramirez said:
Another thought, this means no new DLC until November? Gonna be a long and boring summer...
I really hope this isn't the case. I'd take monthly map packs if they were able to keep it up.
A27_StarWolf said:
I don't think it will have its own matchmaking. it sounds like it comes with maps to play on Reach.

List of Confirmed Maps:

Blood gulch

Beaver Creek

More?
...they wouldn't bring Blood Gulch into Reach when Hemorrhage exists.

Ken

A27_StarWolf said:

List of Confirmed Maps:

Blood gulch

Beaver Creek

More?
Damnation and Hang Em' High.

Where did they confirm Blood Gulch? I don't see a reason for doing that since they already have Hemorrhage.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Ken said:
Damnation and Hang Em' High.

Where did they confirm Blood Gulch? I don't see a reason for doing that since they already have Hemorrhage.

I didn't see a confirmation of Blood Gulch. However, the reason to include it is obvious - bring back the fun. Hemorrhage is not fun.

Also, intro of Halo 4 teaser was spectacular with the nerves/neurons flashing/transmitting and Cortana's muffled voice. I just hope they bring back the witty AI dialog for 4.

Trasher

A27_StarWolf said:

List of Confirmed Maps:

Blood gulch

Beaver Creek

More?
No shit it won't have its own matchmaking. Are you not reading anything before you post lol?

Where is Blood Gulch confirmed?

Beaten: Two confirmed ones in addition to Beaver Creek are Damnation and Hang 'Em High.

Ramirez

LunaticPuma said:
I didn't see a confirmation of Blood Gulch. However, the reason to include it is obvious - bring back the fun. Hemorrhage is not fun.

Also, intro of Halo 4 teaser was spectacular with the nerves/neurons flashing/transmitting and Cortana's muffled voice. I just hope they bring back the witty AI dialog for 4.

lol, what would make BG any different than Hemo with Reach's gameplay? The DMR absolutely ruins the map, and it's an archaic design to begin with.

Havok

ncsuDuncan said:
Frankie, on HBO:
"Not all from halo 1. One is firefight. With a twist... "​
Technically we already know this to be true. That's Beaver Creek, not Battle Creek. No ladders.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Another angle. I didn't play much 2 or 3 online, so I'm no help. I don't think this is from CE.

zCbLp.jpg

Ken

LunaticPuma said:

I agree that Hemorrhage is quite awful, but they did devote an entire piece of the Forge World so seeing a second version in the same game isn't helping much with the variety.

I hope some good BTB map remakes make it in.

GhaleonEB

Totally batshit theory because I haven't played it in forever: could that be Waterworks, relocated? I remember a bridge of around that size in the middle.

It's been literally years since I played it, though. But it's the only classic map with that feature I can think of.

Ok I see where I messed up, I saw a quick shot of someone getting rocketed, it looked like the rocky teleporter, or the rocks near it.

My bad guys.

So much info coming from every direction >.>

EDIT.

Could that map be Infinity?

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Ramirez said:
lol, what would make BG any different than Hemo with Reach's gameplay? The DMR absolutely ruins the map, and it's an archaic design to begin with.

It doesn't have to be an exact re-make - bump up the middle hill(s), increase rock cover and re-do weapon placements along with reducing the number of vehicles and fix the frame rate. Really, I just want some fun maps to play since the current set is sub-par. They need a Halo CE playlist that is only the re-makes with sprint as the only AA and more traditional weapons (no focus rifle, plasma launcher, etc.). Keep the physics the same, and you will have a much better playlist than Team Classic.

Havok

GhaleonEB said:
Totally batshit theory because I haven't played it in forever: could that be Waterworks, relocated? I remember a bridge of around that size in the middle.

It's been literally years since I played it, though. But it's the only classic map with that feature I can think of.
No, the bridge on Waterworks was underneath a big structure, and was much longer.
LunaticPuma said:
It doesn't have to be an exact re-make - bump up the middle hill(s), increase rock cover and re-do weapon placements along with reducing the number of vehicles and fix the frame rate.
So, they should waste a spot on some fixes that could be largely done in Forge? One of the two things you named that couldn't be done that way - bumping up the middle hills - shouldn't be done, since they're accurate to Halo 2's superior Coagulation.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
ncsuDuncan said:
Frankie, on HBO:
"Not all from halo 1. One is firefight. With a twist... "​

Maybe they were able to add a chain gun hog to a FF map since it seems that was beyond Bungie's capabilities.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Infinity also didn't have any open areas like that, other than the middle, which was hellish for hogs and didn't have any bridges to drive on. A second later in the clip he goes over that hill and arrives near a base and a mongoose. I'm so confused.

Ken

Lyphen said:
Infinity also didn't have any open areas like that, other than the middle, which was hellish for hogs and didn't have any bridges to drive on. A second later in the clip he goes over that hill and arrives near a base and a mongoose. I'm so confused.
Where's the Mongoose?

Sibylus

Banned
A27_StarWolf said:
Could that map be Infinity?
That's my guess. I don't remember the layout too well, but it was huge and had a ton of earth ramps and bridges. This environment wouldn't look too far off.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What's throwing me off is that the areas to the right of the hog looks like skybox.

Ideally they're adding Ice Canyon from Halo PC though. I loved that CTF map.

Ken said:
Where's the Mongoose?
1:20 bottom left.

Ramirez

I find it hard to believe they would go to the trouble of something like Forge FF, but not do the CE MP, that's quite a stretch guys. :p

Sibylus

Banned
Whoa, went to sleep and woke up to information overload. Some thoughtz.

[Halo CE: Anniversary]

- I was thinking an expansion with Reach Multiplayer (all the DLC, some new maps) was the likelihood, and this more or less fits the bill. I've been itching for H1 coop and only own it on PC, and would like to scoop up the Reach DLC in a more economical form, so this is starting to scream "buy me!"

- Being able to switch between Classic and New-style graphics in a single button press? Stroke of genius, and smart too. It would seem that we get to have our cake and eat it too with this one, with the Classic seemingly forming the backbone, and the New providing new shaders, materials, and character models and whatnot.

- New terminals? Yes, please.

- Silent Cartographer looks fantastic. Easily one of the best and most memorable levels in the game, makes sense that they're showing it off so much.

- Holy Hell, they made The Library look somewhat like a place I'd enjoy? Hopefully they get all sacrilegious with the monster closets and floors looking identical.

- Anyone else notice the presence of Army infantry in the place of Marines? Bit of a goof, though it could be explained by some hand-waving to do with Reach ;D

- Beaver Creek and Damnation look great, though I'm kinda missing the spooky fog on the latter. Hopefully there's some mist!

- Hang 'Em High hnnnnnnnnnnngh. Looks so good.

[Halo 4]

- Master Chief chooses jetpack. Clearly, a man of good taste. In all seriousness, I'd love to see it in 4, with more unique environments tailored to it. Exodus offered a damn fine evolution of the sandbox, and I *really* don't want to go without that sort of unique gameplay in future Halo games. In the same vein, I'd like to see some more space-fighter duels and microgravity combat.

- Yeah, probably some sort of shield world. Other than confirming that the "planet" is at least partly machine, teaser doesn't really tell us anything.

- So a new trilogy. Do we know who's penning it? Did Staten jump over to 343i, or is he still with Bungie?

[Botolf]

Trasher

Ramirez said:
I find it hard to believe they would go to the trouble of something like Forge FF, but not do the CE MP, that's quite a stretch guys. :p
Yeah. For their sake I hope they didn't go through that trouble lol. I still wonder what the twist could be though.

Here's some crappy screen caps btw.

This shows the large structure the warthog is driving to in the debated screen from earlier:
mpmap1.png

Here's Hang 'Em High:
hangemhigh.png

And I believe this is just a view from above Beaver Creek, but I was hoping it was more:
beavercreek.png

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:
Why put a Mongoose on a FF map?
There's one on Beachhead. It's useful for getting to vehicles/ordnance quickly, and for escaping some situations.

Mostly, it just leads to people farting around on it in matchmaking though, like the forklifts on Courtyard.

A27_StarWolf said:
and a mongoose?
There's one on Beachhead. If we can't identify it as a MP map, and don't recognize it from the campaign, that leaves Firefight. But who knows. The angles were clearly chosen to be hard to pin down.

GhaleonEB said:
There's one on Beachhead. It's useful for getting to vehicles/ordnance quickly, and for escaping some situations.

Mostly, it just leads to people farting around on it in matchmaking though, like the forklifts on Courtyard.

Yeah good point...

It almost looked like that moment in halo 3 where you face the two scarabs, like going down that ridge to the hornets, if I am remembering things correctly?

Top Bottom