• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

neoism

Steelyuhas said:
I was just thinking about that. How did Prisoner never get a remake? Great map.

Holy Server!

Will I still get progress towards challenges if I play right now?
nope.... well it was like that when I was on about 30 min ago...
Steelyuhas said:
I was just thinking about that. How did Prisoner never get a remake? Great map.

Holy Server!

Will I still get progress towards challenges if I play right now?
Yeah... :( as good as Hang'em High is... prisoner was sooo much fun.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The Gaming Side Halo topics make me appreciate HaloGAF so much. So many trolls and people who've never even heard of 343i. Driving me nuts!

Voltron64

Deputy Moonman said:
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt...

Halo:CE remake is a monumental waste of time and space. People can say all they want about how, "oh i'm so excited to play through the campaign again." But that isn't what people wanted. To remake the game and still exclude matchmaking is the most boneheaded move in history. Way to go team. Way to go.

I don't give a rat's butt about fragmented user base. Reach is dead to me and I haven't touched it in months. There is nothing that isn't already fragmented about Reach. The game is subpar, thanks to some really dumbass design decisions such as bloom and a multitude of others. So lame. Make a shitty game? Accept it and move on. Don't try and hide under the excuse that you think it's too soon to move on. It's never too soon to move on when a game sucks.

High expectations? Not even close. You don't remake a game that people have been waiting and dying in agonizing patience for years for it to be put on xboxlive and then exclude the one thing that everyone wanted the most. Definitely not even close to having too high of an expectation. I think the high expectation argument went out the window when the remake was confirmed. Too high because the one thing they should have included is not included? GTFO in my opinion. Nuff said.

omg smh /facepalm fail piss on a kid in ethiopa... Not even gonna waste my breath hoping for Halo4 to be anything but ass now.
sCGKQ.jpg

Trasher

Is handing over Reach multiplayer to 343 the ultimate Halo troll by Bungie?

Bungie: Man. Making Halo games is starting to get old.

Microsoft: You must make one more! We will hand it over to someone else after that.

Bungie: To someone else?! We finished the story though!

Microsoft: Too bad. Halo is OURS now.

Bungie: Fuck that shit. *bloom and armor lock are invented*

343:
11acvfo.jpg

Awful photoshop I know, but I work with what I got lol.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just finished the MS press conference. Halo 4 already? Hmmmmmmmmmm. Ok 343i, let's see what you got. You just forwarded my Halo clock 1 year.

neoism

Trasher said:
Is handing over Reach multiplayer to 343 the ultimate Halo troll by Bungie?

Bungie: Man. Making Halo games is starting to get old.

Microsoft: You must make one more! We will hand it over to someone else after that.

Bungie: To someone else?! We finished the story though!

Microsoft: Too bad. Halo is OURS now.

Bungie: Fuck that shit. *bloom and armor lock are invented*
lololol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I guess I'm cool with the remake of the soundtrack. Some tracks could definitely do with better instruments.

But losing songs like Covenant Dance or Under Cover of Night....they better not mess with my synth.

The Antitype said:
And really, not THAT many people have been asking for Halo CE multiplayer, I would wager. I mean, here yeah, but how much of the communication Bungie gets from their community through Bungie.net, their Facebook and Twitter is really demanding that?

Er, probably the same amount of people who have been asking for a remake of a decade old campaign that you can play at any time?

In fact I have seen many, many people expressing the desire to play ce multiplayer over live for years now. Before the rumors of a campaign remake started, I saw a handful of people openly call for it.

It is quite frankly churlish to be calling people 'babies' or 'spoilt' because they are dumbfounded at the decision to not include mp. Fine to point out that their expectations may have been misguided but it's fucking ridiculous to attack people for not understanding why it's not included. Regardless of the effect it would have on playerbase etc this remake quashes any hope of ever being able to play the original Halo multiplayer over the net - the multiplayer that hooked them to the series in the first place. That is very disappointing news to fans of the original.

Another thing i've noticed with this conference is the cynicism inducing symmetry with E3 2009. ODST shown, Reach teased;;;CEA shown, Halo 4 teased. ODST features the previous games mp;;;CEA features the previous games mp.

Remember when Joe Staten said "Remember the Halo 1 pistol? Well you're gonna love this" and showed off the odst pistol? It's the same thing happening here: fetishising the ce pistol, saying "It kills in three shots" but then not allowing gamers to get their grubby mitts on it where it matters most - the multiplayer.

Now, despite all this, i'm still impressed with what they have done. The campaign does look absolutely beautiful and it will be a treat to play through one of the great games of all time using modern graphics.

Halo 4: great teaser trailer. Looks like the chiefs about to be abducted by a new race of covenant alien at the end; a truly tantalising first look.

Also, the new armor looks fucking badass, keep that in
please no armor abilities in mp ala jetpack

Deputy Moonman said:
Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt...

Halo:CE remake is a monumental waste of time and space. People can say all they want about how, "oh i'm so excited to play through the campaign again." But that isn't what people wanted. To remake the game and still exclude matchmaking is the most boneheaded move in history. Way to go team. Way to go.

I don't give a rat's butt about fragmented user base. Reach is dead to me and I haven't touched it in months. There is nothing that isn't already fragmented about Reach. The game is subpar, thanks to some really dumbass design decisions such as bloom and a multitude of others. So lame. Make a shitty game? Accept it and move on. Don't try and hide under the excuse that you think it's too soon to move on. It's never too soon to move on when a game sucks.

High expectations? Not even close. You don't remake a game that people have been waiting and dying in agonizing patience for years for it to be put on xboxlive and then exclude the one thing that everyone wanted the most. Definitely not even close to having too high of an expectation. I think the high expectation argument went out the window when the remake was confirmed. Too high because the one thing they should have included is not included? GTFO in my opinion. Nuff said.

omg smh /facepalm fail piss on a kid in ethiopa... Not even gonna waste my breath hoping for Halo4 to be anything but ass now.

Only Halo: Reach is not a bad game. It is a well made that is very fun for a lot of people.

You don't like the game. That is an entirely different argument. There are plenty of people, myself included, that don't mind bloom and armor abilities, or any of those design choices.

Microsoft is right to continue supporting their premier product instead of potentially hurting it with a nostalgia act that many people seem unable to let go of.

The fact that Microsoft even chose to indulge that nostalgia is a testament to how much they value long-time fans of the franchise.

Havok

So, uh, any word on a Revenant/Ghost/Wraith Forge World physics bug fix?

vsgi1e.jpg

It certainly makes Team Objective more lively.

wwm0nkey

Ok all assumptions but I am guessing the CE remake has that new armor that we saw awhile ago, would not be shocked to see a few extra editions to Reach with this too.

Kibbles

What is David Ellis talking about when he says those who want a more purified experience or whatever can have that, after talking about how they changed the maps to fit Reach? o_O Is the CE MP going to be there for System Link still?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn, I'm watchin the Sony conference but I wanna listen to this Sparkcast.

edit: Sparkcast up on Zune yet?

Also, both conferences were not so great. Halo is awesome, 249 Vita is awesome. Ummmmmmm what else was there? lol

Pro's of the podcast

- The weekly update will be continued by 343!
- Halfway through, when talking about the multiplayer maps for Reach, Frankie suggests that each map will be tailored gameplay-wise to optimise the use of Reach's sandbox - this seems to me like he's saying certain maps won't include the jetpack loadout, or, say for instance there's a camo powerup on the map then the camo aa won't be included. He also says that the team have been working on this which hopefully means that the discussion held here a few days ago about loadouts being tailored to map and gametype will ring true for the future of Reach mm.

Con

- Did Frankie hint that there wouldn't be bumper jumper in CEA? I'll be pissed if that's true.

Top Bottom