• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

ElRenoRaven

cuevas said:
Haha like bungie owes 360 fanboys anything...

You would think they do. You'd think that they never made a game before they made Halo the way the crybabies talk. That thread is just one of tons that are being posted in the Bungie forums every damn day and it's actually a tamer one.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
You don't have a love note from Cortana, therefore...I win.
I feel so bad for Jen Taylor. Did you give her a gift-wrapped present for that? Jesus that's sad.

forever-alone-meme-280x250.png

PsychoRaven said:
You would think they do. You'd think that they never made a game before they made Halo the way the crybabies talk. That thread is just one of tons that are being posted in the Bungie forums every damn day and it's actually a tamer one.

Seriously, if anything they should be happy for bungie. Oh you guys are growing in an industry that has seen a bunch of studios close recently and get to do what you guys want when most people have to make cookie cutter games? FUCK YOU.

ElRenoRaven

cuevas said:
Seriously, if anything they should be happy for bungie. Oh you guys are growing in an industry that has seen a bunch of studios close recently and get to do what you guys want when most people have to make cookie cutter games? FUCK YOU.

Yup. It's not even like they're saying screw you Microsoft and not making the games on the 360. They're just expanding out to other platforms too. That's the scary thing about it.

Yeah put me in the camp of not sure why people are mad that Bungie's next game will also come out for the PS3. More people get to play the game that way, how is that a bad thing?

GhaleonEB

PsychoRaven said:
The best part is the pure, concentrated fanboy in the OP:

I would have never thought that bungie would be making games for ps3. i love the halo series but not so much now.​

Because you are making a new game that is also on a different platform I must stop liking your other games that I have in the past liked. Internet fanboy idiocy distilled to its finest essence.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
The best part is the pure, concentrated fanboy in the OP:

I would have never thought that bungie would be making games for ps3. i love the halo series but not so much now.​

Because you are making a new game that is also on a different platform I must stop liking your other games that I have in the past liked. Internet fanboy idiocy distilled to its finest essence.

Yea that part really cracked me up too. So many of them are like OMG I SO LIKD UR HALO GAMS!!!! NOW TEY SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Blam* U BUNGEE *BLAME* UUUU!! It really makes no sense at all that this would make their enjoyment of the games they currently own be reduced at all.

Kuroyume

Banned
Have people found everything there is to find on the new maps? I think 343 said they put some stuff for people to find in them.

Karl2177

PsychoRaven said:
Yea that part really cracked me up too. So many of them are like OMG I SO LIKD UR HALO GAMS!!!! NOW TEY SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Blam* U BUNGEE *BLAME* UUUU!! It really makes no sense at all that this would make their enjoyment of the games they currently own be reduced at all.
ITT: Bnet kiddies making drama over nothing. They've been doing it professionally since what seems like forever ago.

Zel3

Uhh were DMRs removed from slayer in the Defiant Map Pack?

I wonder what the decision behind that was. I mean it's not like the sniper rifle was dominating enough already.

kylej

Banned
Zel3 said:
Uhh were DMRs removed from slayer in the Defiant Map Pack?

I wonder what the decision behind that was.

The population creeped over 1000 active players with DMRs in there. Bungie had to quiet things down and bring it back to the other playlist population sizes.

GhaleonEB

One thing I wish someone would do - whether it be Bungie or the 343i folks when they take this over - is go through the Challenges and apply a set methodology for their payout. Completing a mission is X credits, skulls add X credits each, headshot kill challenges are worth X each kill, etc. Right now stuff like this happens a lot:

Code:
Date            Challenge                                       Credits

17-Oct-10	Complete Nightfall on Legendary without dying. 	4000
5-Nov-10	Complete Nightfall on Legendary without dying. 	1250
11-Dec-10	Complete Nightfall on Legendary without dying. 	5000
17-Dec-10	Complete Nightfall on Legendary without dying. 	5000
4-Mar-11	Complete Nightfall on Legendary without dying. 	1700

This sort of thing, where payouts for identical Challenges span a huge range, happens a LOT. And ones for kills, assists and so on vary widely in how much they pay out per instance.

Code:
 3-Feb-11    Kill 20 enemies with a Supercombine in Firefight Matchmaking.      1650
14-Feb-11    Kill 70 enemies with a Supercombine in Firefight Matchmaking.      1000
17-Feb-11    Kill 100 enemies with a Supercombine in Firefight Matchmaking.     1250
27-Feb-11    Kill 200 enemies with a Supercombine in Firefight Matchmaking.     1500

I've done so many double takes at Challenges like today's on Nightfall, where it's been worth as much as 5,000 cR and as little as 1,250 for an identical task.

PsychoRaven said:
I do agree with you there. That's probably one reason I have really not continued doing challenges unless it's something I'd get while normally playing.
That's more or less how I do them. If I'm in the mood for some campaign when they arrive, and they're not super hard, I'll do them. But for the most part I knock them off during normal play, with the composition of them tweaking how I play a game or two.

ElRenoRaven

I do agree with you there. That's probably one reason I have really not continued doing challenges unless it's something I'd get while normally playing.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
RMq4C.png

Hi. This week, I think is pretty damn solid. Gives Week 3 a run for its money. Some solid clips, I won't spoil them. Hit the link at the to watch. As always, thanks to letters for the sexy banner and thanks to Juices for capturing is Godly HD and sending me the clips. You guys are awesome.
Music used:
Intro - Kings of Leon - Crawl
Montage week 4 - Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Outro - Marvel VS Capcom 3 - Results theme

I tried some new stuff this week. I want to have an actual intro and outro for each episode. Keep things consistent. I might tweak them. As usual, please give me any feed back you can. I appreciate it all. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Tashi's Weekly Montage Series - 04

Also, as stated in the description. I will be away for the weekend and instead of trying to put together a montage with just 4 days worth of clips, there will be no montage next week. In 2 weeks, Episode 5 will be released. I will NOT start gathering clips until next Wednesday.

O D I N

Tashi0106 said:
RMq4C.png

Hi. This week, I think is pretty damn solid. Gives Week 3 a run for its money. Some solid clips, I won't spoil them. Hit the link at the to watch. As always, thanks to letters for the sexy banner and thanks to Juices for capturing is Godly HD and sending me the clips. You guys are awesome.
Music used:

I tried some new stuff this week. I want to have an actual intro and outro for each episode. Keep things consistent. I might tweak them. As usual, please give me any feed back you can. I appreciate it all. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Also, as stated in the description. I will be away for the weekend and instead of trying to put together a montage with just 4 days worth of clips, there will be no montage next week. In 2 weeks, Episode 5 will be released. I will NOT start gathering clips until next Wednesday.

I just saw that. NICE stuff, and excellent song choice, which in turn reminded me of this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoQ0bqsJSJ8

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tashi0106 said:
RMq4C.png

Music used:

Like the intro and outro concept, works very well for regular series stuff. I'm not too enamoured with the font used. Seems very... default. Also, why didn't you use your logo in the video itself? Seemed kinda odd just to have your title announced like standard text. Good clips and editing this week and I'm a fan of the way you used the music and music itself.

Loving seeing this shape up over time, keep it up.

Dani said:
Like the intro and outro concept, works very well for regular series stuff. I'm not too enamoured with the font used. Seems very... default. Also, why didn't you use your logo in the video itself? Seemed kinda odd just to have your title announced like standard text. Good clips and editing this week and I'm a fan of the way you used the music and music itself.

You can't go wrong with Futura font.

So good.

Edit: Nice 'tage, Tashi.

Tashi0106 said:
RMq4C.png

Music used:

Epic Beastie Boys song is epic! Very nice this week. Little curious who was actually playing because not getting overkills is your signature move, and I spied two in that 'tage. :p

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Thanks guys

Dani said:

Thanks. I do want to improve the intro and outro. It was an idea that just came to me today and I whipped something up quick. They are pretty boring as far as the way text is displayed. I don't really know how to make any cool animations yet. I'll figure it out. I was planning on using the logo originally but I couldn't just slap it against a black background (it has a lot of black text) and I couldn't think of an elegant solution.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sai-kun

Banned
Out-of-towners: How much flight + hotel cost ya? I reeaaallllyyyyy wanna go to PAX this year, but money's an issue. :< I'd much rather share a hotel room with a bunch of people or something.

Sai-kun said:
Out-of-towners: How much flight + hotel cost ya? I reeaaallllyyyyy wanna go to PAX this year, but money's an issue. :< I'd much rather share a hotel room with a bunch of people or something.
The cheapest I found is 50$ per night. (hotel) But I don't have a clue about the flight.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Sai-kun said:

Just don't sleep.

wwm0nkey

Apparently Bullet Storm got a non Gears Beta related update of 90MB today, wonder if Microsoft finally killed of that stupid update limit.

vhfive

Sai-kun said:
I was looking online and I could get flight tickets for about $300 but I would be coming from NY so it would probably be cheaper for you in chicago. That being said the longer you wait the higher the prices will get.

I'm too poor to go though :(

EDIT: best montage yet Tashi

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
vhfive said:
I was looking online and I could get flight tickets for about $300 but I would be coming from NY so it would probably be cheaper for you in chicago. That being said the longer you wait the higher the prices will get.

I'm too poor to go though :(

Flights for me are around $1400.

If you think you're poor Five, you can regard me as a hobo.

Four months and one week of not spending a penny on food or bills and I'll be able to afford it. =/

Maybe next year.

Very solid montage considering it's only 7 days of play. Loved the part where you Rambo defended the flag on Countdown, don't see enough of plays like that.
Also i'm noticing a pattern in your tages of 5 shotting when no shields which makes me think some people really haven't come to terms with the bloom yet.

Good work as usual, keep it up!

Tashi0106 said:
http://i.imgur.com/RMq4C.png[/IMG
Music used:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17Djyfwsm2w"]Tashi's Weekly Montage Series - 04[/URL]

You're ridiculously good, Tashi.

Blueblur1

Sai-kun said:
I'd go but it'd cost me at least $600 which I do not have. :(

Tawpgun

wwm0nkey said:
Apparently Bullet Storm got a non Gears Beta related update of 90MB today, wonder if Microsoft finally killed of that stupid update limit.
Was it the Gun Sonata pack?

Because I remember Bad Company 2 getting a MASSIVE update. Like around 1 gig. Apparently they pre-loaded vietnam for everyone, but buying it would unlock it really fast.

Pennybags

A27 Tawpgun said:
Because I remember Bad Company 2 getting a MASSIVE update. Like around 1 gig. Apparently they pre-loaded vietnam for everyone, but buying it would unlock it really fast.

Yes, but that wasn't a Title Update.

The "updates" in BFBC2 were a work-around provided through an external download, similar to Burnout Paradise's.

wwm0nkey

A27 Tawpgun said:
Was it the Gun Sonata pack?

Pretty much what Penny said. This is an actual title update that was 90MB.

So if Microsoft did just get rid of the update limit we can be seeing content added into games via TU's now. Hell maybe TF2 will be brought back from the dead :lol

In another bizarre twist, I was talking to the maintenance dude fixing my door and when I told him my 360 was taken he went on to tell me how his son had the Original Xbox but then went on to get a PS3. He told me his son later regretted it because he really enjoyed playing Halo :p Get out of my life HaloGaf! :lol Totally caught me off guard that Halo would even be mentioned!

LosDaddie

Banned
Tashi0106 said:

Nice stuff there, tashi.

JB1981

Tunavi said:
pick up the sword from the dead Elite before you enter Space

notsureifserious.jpg

i died in space probably about 50 time last night. i still can't beat it :(

I got passed the banshee/seraph onslaught and then died right when the big ships came in. I don't bother with missiles for banshees as machine gun works just fine but I am having such a hard time getting passed this part! I will try again tonight but it has been very frustrating, I also don't like how small the shield/hull HUD is. In the heat of battle I sometimes can't tell how much damage I'm taking!

JB1981 said:
notsureifserious.jpg

I got passed the banshee/seraph onslaught and then died right when the big ships came in. I don't bother with missiles for banshees as machine gun works just fine but I am having such a hard time getting passed this part! I will try again tonight but it has been very frustrating, I also don't like how small the shield/hull HUD is. In the heat of battle I sometimes can't tell how much damage I'm taking!

Tips:

-Press Z or R twice
-Play more Rouge Squadron
-give up

Tunavi

Banned
JB1981 said:
notsureifserious.jpg

Serious, you'll still have it after the space combat and it will help you out afterwards.
Hide behind anchor 9 for cover when your shields are down. You'll see your shields pop like a spartan's. And always do barrel rolls. sideways and backwards

Louis Wu

JB1981 said:
notsureifserious.jpg

Check out Tyrant's guide for this - it's on Mythic, but the tips I'm talking about are relevant to Legendary, as well (especially if you're getting wiped out).

http://halo.bungie.org/gameplay/reach_mythic/lnos.html

He suggests where you should be at the start of every wave, and where to hide to minimize damage (coming out only to kill).

I think while the Bungie.net forums are not as mature as others, we often forget it provides a different insight into different ways of thought.

Just because we are on Halo: GAF does not make their opinions any less valid. I don't have time to list them but come on, you guys can make them out to be no smarter than a 10 month old child.

Sure they might act goofy.

Sure they might have trolls.

But there are still plenty of logical, intellectual, and decent people on those forums.

We share a of the same traits, and the biggest one is probably complaining. So remember next time your about to make an insulting comment...

BNET'ers are people too <3

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
_dementia said:
I'm psyched. I'm finally going to dig into this game over the weekend. I hear it's a treat.
A friend of mine told me that it's pretty much the best game he'd ever played.

Top Bottom