• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

i nerini del buio said:
so he works as a game designer there at 343? cool

screenshot7.jpg

nerfed nades, nerfed ar, beta pistol? :D what about the skull?

The AR needs no nerfing. It's fine.

However, I welcome nerfed grenades and Beta Pistol with open arms.

Oh, and maybe they're bringing back Multiplayer skulls.

GhaleonEB

Plywood said:
Image6.jpg

DMR is changing?
The DMR is angled down. Clearly the scope is going to be reduced from 3x to 2x. (Thank god.)
-Yeti said:
The AR needs no nerfing. It's fine.

However, I welcome nerfed grenades and Beta Pistol with open arms.

Oh, and maybe they're bringing back Multiplayer skulls.
When did we have multiplayer skulls? Do you mean the Forge ones from Halo 3's map packs?

GhaleonEB said:
The DMR is angled down. Clearly the scope is going to be reduced from 3x to 2x. (Thank god.)

When did we have multiplayer skulls? Do you mean the Forge ones from Halo 3's map packs?

Yeah, those. Pretty pointless, aside from being easy Achievements.

GhaleonEB

Tunavi said:
I'm really okay with this.

Also, lets see custom skulls for campaign yeahhhhhhh
Be still, my heart. I so wish the Firefight custom skulls were enabled for campaign.
-Yeti said:
Yeah, those. Pretty pointless, aside from being easy Achievements.
They were fun, though. My daughter and I found them together, and built a crazy contraption to get the one on Sandbox.

MrBig

The "new weapon" name is just from some kid taking a picture of a bunch of weapons and calling it a super weapon like they have been doing for years.

GhaleonEB said:
Be still, my heart. I so wish the Firefight custom skulls were enabled for campaign.

They were fun, though. My daughter and I found them together, and built a crazy contraption to get the one on Sandbox.

Yeah, the Sandbox skull was pretty fun. I remember downloading several solutions and some of them were completely bonkers.

Karl2177

MrBig said:
The "new weapon" name is just from some kid taking a picture of a bunch of weapons and calling it a super weapon like they have been doing for years.
But ONI's been researching it, and ONI is in the game, so in the game there must be a new weapon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bs angel even said that it would be revealed more at Halofest. I'm sticking with my guns and waiting until then.

-Yeti said:
Yeah, the Sandbox skull was pretty fun. I remember downloading several solutions and some of them were completely bonkers.
My favorite was the dude who managed to get blocks in front of all of the towers.

feel

bs angel is a hoot
(yes, she's entertaining enough to be worthy of me embarrassing myself using the word hoot)

And the Dark Knight Rises poster background on my cellphone's screen just got Primordium'd. Incredible looking cover.

edit- that was a really nice catch hitmon

kylej

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
Oh shit. Bloom.

Spartan is looking at a flower in the picture when she's talking about the TU.

Nice.

dongtime. gt: jelyk get online lets poop on kids

need 1 more as of right now

FyreWulff

I think this weekly is the first one where it feels like it's taking forever to complete while simultaneously feeling that I'm just about to finish it.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Oh shit. Bloom.

Best guess so far.

MrBig said:

There are indeed countless pictures tagged as 'new weapon' on B.net but it has to be significant that it was included beneath a TU bulletin, no?

MrBig

thee henery said:
There are indeed countless pictures tagged as 'new weapon' on B.net but it has to be significant that it was included beneath a TU bulletin, no?
Those weapons are the classic mainstays that would need to be modified. The skull in Halo symbolizes a modification.

They're not going to add a new weapon. There'd be no system to collect and push the data to bnet. It'd be like the Golf Club in H3.

MrBig said:
Those weapons are the classic mainstays that would need to be modified. The skull in Halo symbolizes a modification.

They're not going to add a new weapon. There'd be no system to collect and push the data to bnet. It'd be like the Golf Club in H3.

I kinda interpret 'new weapon' as meaning new to Reach i.e the BR.

I wouldn't have expected weapons to be added either but then a load of information was posted here about client side detection and .map files that led me to believe that bloom couldn't be straight up removed. The counter to this would be 'well the bloomless gameplay would only be enabled on the new maps, which wouldn't require everyone to re-download the launch maps which would necessitate a massive patch'.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case. If we are to get bloomless gameplay, I want to be able to play every map in Reach in that form. Halofest feels too far away.

FyreWulff

Devolution said:
I haven't done a weekly in forever. I mostly play MM that isn't firefight and even then not enough to satisfy some weekly challenges.

I'm obligated to do them because I'm on a streak. Completing this one will be #45 in a row, all of them since launch.

Multiple people have informed me that I will be letting them down if I don't get all 52 in a row :lol

GhaleonEB

FyreWulff said:
I think this weekly is the first one where it feels like it's taking forever to complete while simultaneously feeling that I'm just about to finish it.
Same. I think that's going to continue as we get closer to HaloFest.

I liked the behind the curtain peek at the Grunt Funeral skull development. Hopefully that sort of thing continues, and as other features are announced at PAX the Bulletin goes deep into many of them. Waypoint has been great about that sort of thing.

PAX is going to be a hoot, which is a great word.

Nice bloom catch, Hitmonchan.

senador

Banned
Tunavi said:
OMG I WANT IT OUT

Yeah, but you want everything. :p

I haven't heard of this being wanted out until Juices brought it up. I like it because with Sprint the Sword is somewhat OP, and I've blocked many a sword melee and then taken the dude out. Do you not like it because of this when you are the sword guy? Or because the block is inconsistent?

Kibbles

MrBig said:
What's this? The BATTLE RIFLE IS BACK?!

:p

OuterWorldVoice said:
Siiissster.....

http://i.imgur.com/bZPgl.jpg[/.IMG][/QUOTE]
Sithster.

[QUOTE=Hitmonchan107]Oh shit. Bloom.

Spartan is looking at a flower in the picture when she's talking about the TU.[/QUOTE]
No bloom. 8)

FyreWulff

So, we just got through 3 rounds with 9:30 left on the clock.

We're at the end of the third round. The final enemy is behind the middle locked door on Corvette. We can't get at it.

edit: nevermind, Elite freed himself after about 2 minutes.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hitmonchan107 said:
Oh shit. Bloom.

You are a gotdang genius.

Top Bottom