• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

MrBig

Kibbles said:
Anyone want to guess if this is a clue then? (from the last update, the image that was with the title update part)
Image7.jpg

What map is that?

Karl2177

senador said:
Yeah, but you want everything. :p

I haven't heard of this being wanted out until Juices brought it up. I like it because with Sprint the Sword is somewhat OP, and I've blocked many a sword melee and then taken the dude out. Do you not like it because of this when you are the sword guy? Or because the block is inconsistent?
I think I've successfully sword blocked twice online, yet I've been blocked probably 20-25 times. Too host dependent.

MrBig said:
What map is that?
I think it's getting into the Mass Driver on Pillar of Autumn.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
senador said:
I haven't heard of this being wanted out until Juices brought it up. I like it because with Sprint the Sword is somewhat OP, and I've blocked many a sword melee and then taken the dude out. Do you not like it because of this when you are the sword guy? Or because the block is inconsistent?
The block is incredibly inconsistent I've had guys block me moments after I've already slashed them, I've had them swing only for me to lunge towards them and it's a block, I've attempted to block both on time and off time and rarely do I get it, seems like a crapshoot.

senador

Banned
^^^ Ah. I haven't noticed a huge problem with it personally. I don't doubt that it is, but it seems less significant compared to some of the other things being discussed, but what do I know.

Sprint + sword sucks though. I'm for removing sword or starting the sword "ammo" at half if that's possible.

Letters said:
[url]http://i55.tinypic.com/207b778.jpg[/url]

:-O

I also scoured the source. I saw nothing of importance. That must be an Urk thing.

Also just noticed the trollface you...Letters...you.

Do Juniors get banned for swearing?

senador

Banned
I've got it! That Spartan is playing Reach on....an iPad! iOS Reach coming this fall.

Really he is probably looking at dat Kat's ass.

wwm0nkey said:
The map is Boneyard inside the core room.

Nice, I've been trying to place it. After staring at this image for too long, I can't see anything other than the sword that could have meaning. Hmm.

Could this image have nothing to do with it, and instead the image with the DMR being oddly held? Less than sign? Reduced something? I give up.

Tunavi

Banned
Hey I'm just here reminding 343 that armor abilities ruined Halo as a competitive game. Please fix this and thanks in advance! :)

senador said:
Nice, I've been trying to place it. After staring at this image for too long, I can't see anything other than the sword that could have meaning. Hmm.

Could this image have nothing to do with it, and instead the image with the DMR being oddly held? Less than sign? Reduced something? I give up.
We're thinking the sword is a clue because it's missing in the first photo (the photo is shown twice in the Halo Bulletin).

TrounceX

Tunavi said:
Hey I'm just here reminding 343 that armor abilities ruined Halo as a competitive game. Please fix this and thanks in advance! :)

Armor ability load outs ruined the game, actually.

I have no problem with them being pickups like in MLG.

Also sword blocking is easy even off host. Just jump backwards and melee a split second after they lunge you. They get stunned while you fly back and shoot them in the face. It takes a while to get the timing down but I do it nearly every time now.

wwm0nkey

TrounceX said:

Also sword blocking is easy even off host. Just jump backwards and melee a split second after they lunge you. They get stunned while you fly back and shoot them in the face. It takes a while to get the timing down but I do it nearly every time now.

senador

Banned
Hitmonchan107 said:
We're thinking the sword is a clue because it's missing in the first photo (the photo is shown twice in the Halo Bulletin).

Damn. I obviously didn't read the last few pages well enough. Thanks. That's a pretty big "duh" now knowing that.

FyreWulff

Sword blocking is just the melee contests from Halo 3 and the sword contest from same game extended to all weapons in Reach versus the Sword and the Hammer now.

Fake out with a normal swing and then lunge right after.

Tawpgun

TrounceX said:

It's not consistent enough. It's annoying but right now its the only thing that somewhat balances the still OP Sprint Sword.

wwm0nkey said:
The map is Boneyard inside the core room.
nope.avi

It's the Mass Driver room.

Karl2177 said:
2 minutes? WTF? Aside from i h8 countdown and it's on Countdown.
Yup

FyreWulff said:
Sword blocking is just the melee contests from Halo 3 and the sword contest from same game extended to all weapons in Reach versus the Sword and the Hammer now.
Man I miss the Halo 3 sword... I fucking LOVED FFA swords/Team Swords. I was a goddamn pro with them. But in Reach the clang feels more inconsistent not to mention the melee is the same speed as lunging... To The Death! Would have been fun with the H3 sword.

TrounceX

MrBig said:
Yes they are good as pickups, but they're only like that in MLG.

Basically all the complaints about Reach ITT have been addressed in some way by MLG.

Why people continue to search Team Slayer and be frustrated is beyond me.

Ruze789

Hitmonchan107 said:
Oh shit. Bloom.

Spartan is looking at a flower in the picture when she's talking about the TU.

I spend too much time every day reading gaf...

I was driving home today and saw a banner outside a florist shop that read, 'Come see us bloom'

I read it as '[343] Come take out Bloom'

It's a sign!

Hitmonchan107 said:
This. It's just confirming what we were hinted at in this post from four days ago:

OuterWorldVoice said:
xxjuicesxx said:
Can you remove sword blocking its stupid and you never really explained how or why it works?
Sprinkles.

Unless, of course, the sprinkles are for a cake. And the cake...

...is a lie.

:p

feel

Yeah, she tried with just having the spartan with writer's block last week but that proved too subtle, so she included a sword this week.

edit-
Wait no, what? Was I thinking of another picture as I typed that or something? The one being discussed just seemed like a spartan jacking off.

VV me too xD

GhaleonEB

Hitmonchan107 said:
Hopefully we'll get the Sparkast sometime soon, too.
They are merely continuing Bungie's tradition of long promised, oft delayed podcasts. It's part of their plan to provide continuity for the community as the refocus on Waypoint and 343.

Ultra-fucking-uber serious suggestion here. If just one person is left on the other team, the person gets a chance to end the game and that person gets a last man standing medal. That way the opposing team doesn't have to suffer unfun shit, and that person doesn't get farmed.

Mail the check to...

GhaleonEB

Rather, OT, but as a continuation of my computer saga, I just relized that Live Messenger is missing from my computer. When the guys at the shop did their thing it must have been removed. Now that I'm trying to reinstall it, the only thing I can find is this giant Essentials package with it, with a hajillion other programs. Ten minutes into the install I cancel it. The version I had before was this tiny, stand-alone download, which I can't find. If anyone knows where to find that, I'd be grateful.

ElRenoRaven

GhaleonEB said:
Rather, OT, but as a continuation of my computer saga, I just relized that Live Messenger is missing from my computer. When the guys at the shop did their thing it must have been removed. Now that I'm trying to reinstall it, the only thing I can find is this giant Essentials package with it, with a hajillion other programs. Ten minutes into the install I cancel it. The version I had before was this tiny, stand-alone download, which I can't find. If anyone knows where to find that, I'd be grateful.

You can't anymore. They combined a bunch of stuff into one installer. You should be able to pick what it will install though. If not by default go with advanced set up if it's there. Been a big since I did it. Anyway you should be able to only install the messenger.

Ken

GhaleonEB said:

Can't you just uncheck the extra programs and only install WLM?

fcfa61ec.png

GhaleonEB

Ken said:
Can't you just uncheck the extra programs and only install WLM?
Only a couple, but I'll install the rest and see if I can uninstall all the other stuff after. It's a huge installation. :\

(Thanks both.)

Dug

Banned
Apparently, some people have been getting an extra swag bag shipped to their house!

WOW This is awesome.
Just got a second bag shipped to my house that wasn't mine!
In it i got:

Halo: CE PC Sealed in box.
Halo 3 Controller (The blue one)
Signed card
Halo 3 Zune
Pimps at Sea shirt (XL)
CD's for all previous Bungie game (Myth I/II, Oni, etc.)
and greatest of all...
a "R E A C H" T-Shirt(XL) SIGNED by the team!
Pics soon!

If he's not trolling, it's kind of sad that that could have been someone else's Bag O' SWag they were looking forward to but never got. :\

Ken

GhaleonEB said:
Only a couple, but I'll install the rest and see if I can uninstall all the other stuff after. It's a huge installation. :\

(Thanks both.)

http://ninite.com/

I've never personally used this but it was suggested in another thread in the OT.

Looks like choosing Messenger installs the 2009 version which should be standalone from the Essentials 2011 package.

Again, I'm not 100% sure if it will work that way as I've never used it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GhaleonEB said:
They are merely continuing Bungie's tradition of long promised, oft delayed podcasts. It's part of their plan to provide continuity for the community as the refocus on Waypoint and 343.
Podcasts. Easiest way to make and distribute content!

Lazslo

Is the "Please remove Elites from Matchmaking" thing real or an old joke? I can't really tell, someone please clearify! On a sad note I grew up a little recently sold my Xbox and everything else because I'm broke and the wife and car payments are expensive, also I never really played anymore and there isn't one game I'm psyched for besides FarCry 3 and that's far far away. I do plan on getting a new cheap one in Nov for Halo Anni but we'll see what happens. I hope you all don't miss my drunken shit talking but don't remove me from the friends list cause I will soon return!

Also I got to read the Halo Encyclopedia today at work and Franky's forward brought a small tear to my eye. It was cool reading about the Forerunners- I never really read the Terminals but the whole Mendicant Bias thing seemed cool- I think I'll go back and read AJ's editorial about it. Also I would love to read a "Hindsight Halo: Reach" sometime in the future on FUD if they do it. Fingers Crossed!

Karl2177

Ken said:
http://ninite.com/

I've never personally used this but it was suggested in another thread in the OT.

Looks like choosing Messenger installs the 2009 version which should be standalone from the Essentials 2011 package.

Again, I'm not 100% sure if it will work that way as I've never used it.
Oh God. Best first post ever in any thread. I wish I would've had that when my HDD crashed on Christmas morning last year.

GhaleonEB said:
At least with Frankie, the Bungie one was somewhat regular.

Tunavi

Banned
Lazslo said:
Is the "Please remove Elites from Matchmaking" thing real or an old joke? I can't really tell, someone please clearify! On a sad note I grew up a little recently sold my Xbox and everything else because I'm broke and the wife and car payments are expensive, also I never really played anymore and there isn't one game I'm psyched for besides FarCry 3 and that's far far away. I do plan on getting a new cheap one in Nov for Halo Anni but we'll see what happens. I hope you all don't miss my drunken shit talking but don't remove me from the friends list cause I will soon return!
last time you posted in here, you said you had a new girlfriend, now shes your wife? damn.

check the top of the OP for the thread title change

Lazslo

Tunavi said:
last time you posted in here, you said you had a new girlfriend, now shes your wife? damn.

check the top of the OP for the thread title change
Sorry I know you, and everyone else doesn't give a shit (lul, I wouldn't) but yeah were not married...yet. Hah but thanks for the help with the Title bro. I'll be back on live soon destroying you in 5 shots as usual.

If I were the Master Chief I'd want a single weapon that can do it all
CE Pistol, please
I mean why are we limiting all this futuristic/forerunner technology to only short range, medium range, and long range? Envisioning what must go through the Master Chief's head, having to switch to the assault rifle for close encounters, gives me a chuckle. "Hold on a sec, Cortana.. I gotta switch to the AR."

Top Bottom