• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

Tawpgun

Kind of OT, But where is the best place for trade in value these days? I might get rid of my 360 and wii. Should have taken advantage of the in store credit from game stop last year but I waited too long.

Gamestop has some deal or something regarding a coupon.

Usually stores like Best Buy or Target will only do trade ins on specific titles only. Gamestop will give you money for almost any game.

I'd first try to sell the consoles and games off personally. If no one bites after a week just walk into gamestop and they'll give you more money if you apply the trade in toward another game or console.

That's what I did. Gave people really good deals on all my 360 games, probably could have gotten more money out of them but I just priced them at what I would buy them for. A few people bought some of them. Took the rest to gamestop and paid off pretty much all of Destiny

Yeah that's probably true but I kind of want to get in on the sunset Overdrive bundle after much deliberating.

Then I'd recommend checking what titles Target or Best Buy are accepting, bringing those there, and taking the rest to Gamestop. They'll generally give you better prices.

FAKE EDIT: Although,Gamestop's also having a 50% more on trades deal right now, so if you're not planning on waiting 'til November, I'd do it now.

ACTUAL EDIT: This may require more research.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You gonna rock it on your moped?

It's not a moped. It's a motorcycle. A Honda Ruckus. Arguably the most powerful production motorcycle ever built. Arguably.

0oUjQbc.jpg

7dZ73Zw.jpg

VUEkm1a.jpg

Stinkles

That there is a motorscooter.

No, that right there is a steel grid in which the foundational singularity of energy that created the universe itself, is harnessed between your legs, waiting to be unleashed, and shaking the very pillars of creation.

Tawpgun

No, that right there is a steel grid in which the foundational singularity of energy that created the universe itself, is harnessed between your legs, waiting to be unleashed, and shaking the very pillars of creation.

Yes but doesn't it just sound like a leaf blower?

Tawpgun

I see 4 v 4 as the core of Halo.

I see BTB as using all Halo has to offer in one big combat sandbox

Hell, BTB used to be my favorite mode until Reach. Haven't really had fun in BTB since Halo 3. Hope MCC delivers.

Stinkles

So, top speed is about 40mph

Actually with the modifications I made, Yoshi exhaust, new variator, new performance air filter, stripped to the bones, I'm getting like, 44mph. Obviously the G forces get pretty dangerous, but with proper neck bracing, it's manageable.

Actually with the modifications I made, Yoshi exhaust, new variator, new performance air filter, stripped to the bones, I'm getting like, 44mph. Obviously the G forces get pretty dangerous, but with proper neck bracing, it's manageable.

That reminds me, I remember trying one of those "hurricane simulator" chambers that blew hurricane-force winds at you and was unfazed because my car's AC was unreliable and I lived on the highway so I was eating 55-to-70 MPH winds on a daily basis.

HTupolev

I'm getting like, 44mph.
That's probably just the speedometer calibrated high. They are usually made to over-read because of the dangers of under-reading. In some regions, speedometers are required to never read low by even a little bit; since they're very imprecise instruments, this effectively legally requires them to err high.

I'm fairly certain that that singularity was built into my Xbox 360's fan, but you can keep on believing what you want.

Kind of OT, But where is the best place for trade in value these days? I might get rid of my 360 and wii. Should have taken advantage of the in store credit from game stop last year but I waited too long.

They had a coupon good for this week to get an additional 50% on trade ins. I traded in a bunch of 360 games (maybe 9?) and got over $57. I tend to avoid Gamestop unless they have a stellar preorder exclusive, but it was too tempting this time.

They had a coupon good for this week to get an additional 50% on trade ins. I traded in a bunch of 360 games (maybe 9?) and got over $57. I tend to avoid Gamestop unless they have a stellar preorder exclusive, but it was too tempting this time.
I saw that but you have to have the coupon first and apparently most gamestops are out or have already destroyed their leftovers.

Omni

Playing the biggest assholes in Reach right now

Entire team is using armour lock. And they will spam grenades when they lose shield so it doesn't even matter if you kill them, as you can't outrun the nukes

What were Bungie thinking? Blaaah

Entire team is using armour lock. And they will spam grenades when they lose shield so it doesn't even matter if you kill them, as you can't outrun the nukes

I'm sure AL worked beautifully when they were testing it in-house with all the Bungie BK's. So random and fun!

Madness

"It's super powerful, I love it!"

Best part of the Halo 5 Guardians beta, we can call out what is utter shit so 343 has time to change it. No chance of something like armor lock or boltshot making it into the actual retail game.

I just know some spartan ability will be more game altering than the rest.

Best part of the Halo 5 Guardians beta, we can call out what is utter shit so 343 has time to change it. No chance of something like armor lock or boltshot making it into the actual retail game.

Unless, you know, 343 wants it in there despite what players say. Not saying it'll be anything bad, but 343 probably will make some changes but not everything players say. Developers' prerogative and all that.

I had the idea armor lock was designed to stop vehicles stuff charging your suit to destroy the vechicles but what became of it....it was just a bad use of the AA.

I really hope 343i listens at the point if a map design or armor ability is not good and have some sort of gamebreaking placement or mechanic, it get a redesign or rework for the retail game.

http://i.imgur.com/ObFnbQh.png[/IG][/QUOTE]

What are you trying to say with that chart? "Players" aren't some uniform block; there is some heavy disagreement over what makes a good Halo game, and what are and are not good game mechanics.

So just because a certain section of players say "This thing's bad" doesn't mean 343 will take it out.

Computer

Tomorrow is the MLG halo 3 tournament. I would be more excited if it were 4v4. 2v2 games can be boring to watch. Halo back on MLG is kinda cool.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm saying 343 and Microsoft should listen to a fanbase that left by the thousands days after their flagship game launched. Obviously people have differing ideas, but so many facets of Halo 4 were disliked by many. That chart makes it abundantly clear.

But who cares, Halo 4 already made its money and the next one will too.

Madness

Unless, you know, 343 wants it in there despite what players say. Not saying it'll be anything bad, but 343 probably will make some changes but not everything players say. Developers' prerogative and all that.

True. Plus we haven't really heard much of other game types, I just think though, this is a way to test changes but without necessarily committing to them. Will ground pound be another jetpack etc.

343 has been pretty great at listening to players though. Reversed a lot of their Halo 4 launch changes, brought other things back. I think the best option for 343 this time, will be more choices. If sprint is back (hope it's not), there are ways to turn it completely off for playlists etc.

I'm saying 343 and Microsoft should listen to a fanbase that left by the thousands days after their flagship game launched.

What does "listen to a fan base" mean when the fan base disagrees on a lot of stuff? From what we've seen, 343 has taken a lot of player suggestions for a more arena-like Halo 5. However, because people disagree on what makes a good Halo game, just because the beta is coming really early doesn't mean that mechanic or aspect you don't like in the beta will be removed in the final game – because others may like it.

"Listen to the fans" isn't as easy as that in this case. Usually when I see people say that, it actually means, "Listen to me and the people who agree with me."

What does "listen to a fan base" mean when the fan base disagrees on a lot of stuff? From what we've seen, 343 has taken a lot of player suggestions for a more arena-like Halo 5. However, because people disagree on what makes a good Halo game, just because the beta is coming really early doesn't mean that mechanic or aspect you don't like in the Beta will be removed in the final game – because others may like it.

"Listen to the fans" isn't as easy as that in this case. Usually when I see people say that, it actually means, "Listen to me and the people who agree with me."

I just hope they listen to the people who want Halo to be 3rd person. And matchmaking to be grifball only.

Fracas

#fuckonami
What does "listen to a fan base" mean when the fan base disagrees on a lot of stuff? From what we've seen, 343 has taken a lot of player suggestions for a more arena-like Halo 5. However, because people disagree on what makes a good Halo game, just because the beta is coming really early doesn't mean that mechanic or aspect you don't like in the Beta will be removed in the final game – because others may like it.

"Listen to me and the 300k people that stopped playing a month in."

I don't know what to say. Of course people want different things for the series, but the overwhelming majority didn't seem to want Halo 4.

"Listen to me and the 300k people that stopped playing a month in."

I don't know what to say. Of course people want different things for the series, but the overwhelming majority didn't seem to want Halo 4.

You're turning this into "Halo 4 versus ____ Halo game" when that wasn't my original point.

Blueblur1

I'm all for respecting developers and appreciating their efforts. But I'm not going to say that they always know best when it comes to how they think their games should be played. Bungie is a prime example of that. They didn't still clearly understand the balance of their own game and what the player base enjoyed. It cannot be stressed enough how stubborn they were regarding their own terrible decisions and how it took years for them to acknowledge their mistake and/or deficiencies (SMG starts being the best example).

belushy

Banned
You're turning this into "Halo 4 versus ____ Halo game" when that wasn't my original point.

But your post said that 343 will add what they want anyway. Fracas's posts are saying that 343 did that with Halo 4 and the game's population fell because of it.

Tawpgun

I'm all for respecting developers and appreciating their efforts. But I'm not going to say that they always know best when it comes to how they think their games should be played. Bungie is a prime example of that. They didn't still clearly understand the balance of their own game and what the player base enjoyed. It cannot be stressed enough how stubborn they were regarding their own terrible decisions and how it took years for them to acknowledge their mistake and/or deficiencies (SMG starts being the best example).

Not only some of this, but I think in general the balance and fixes process needs to be made much more efficient and be much more transparent.

The community fixed many broken maps in a day when it took Bungie/343 weeks or more, or they wouldn't fix it at all. IE the broken spawns of Zealot. Adding lights to the map. The spawns on Skyline.

Lets not forget how long it took to remove a fusion coil off of valhalla

But your post said that 343 will add what they want anyway. Fracas's posts are saying that 343 did that with Halo 4 and the game's population fell because of it.

Er, no. Maybe I did in a sloppy manner, but that was not the point I was trying to convey. Just because this beta is coming early doesn't mean they'll remove a mechanic or an aspect of the game you and other players don't like.

For example: I like the bubble shield as an ability to be fought over in Halo 3. A lot of people didn't, but it wasn't removed, and probably wouldn't have been even if players got their hands on it in early December 2006.

Top Bottom