• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HaloGAF |OT: Anniversary| So fades the great harvest of our betrayal.

(In actuality I'm a grill chef living with my ladyfriend leading a somewhat respectable and boring life. I like video games, paintball, and travelling)
image.php

A chef and has an appreciation for Blackadder?

HaloGAF just moved up in the world, welcome!

Fotos

Welcome KnightHero and Lord Thrappleper!

Also, how is "What is your favorite Halo game" not included in that Junior questionnaire? Is it to prevent their ass being blown to hell if they say Halo 4?

willow ve

Default thruster is a nonstarter unless you stay in first person. Third person kind of works with vehicles. Don't force it for an animation during thrusters.

---

EDIT : Is it just me or are Pitfall and Vertigo STILL impossible to get a match on even in Team DLC? I've backed out of 20+ lobbies in a row and haven't seen either of them a single time for any vote.

Mistel

Banned
EDIT : Is it just me or are Pitfall and Vertigo STILL impossible to get a match on even in Team DLC? I've backed out of 20+ lobbies in a row and haven't seen either of them a single time for any vote.
That's rather concerning you would of though it would turn up by accident before that amount of time.

Ghazi

I'm so fundamentally lonely. I'm adrift in a different universe, only ExWife tethers me to reality. I'll play Halo with him tomorrow. I wonder if he senses how I feed off of his life force.

Madness

I did this in the Halo 4 thread but it was in the midst of the MCC announcement so I doubt anyone saw.

How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Been lurking for about a year. Have only been a member for a few weeks.

How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
22, hailing from Ottawa, Canada.

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
I've been a fan since the OG Halo. Played that mostly for campaign and a little bit of split screen fun with friends. Played Halo 2 a little more seriously, lots of XBL when I had online but that was only for a few months. Played Halo 3 religiously, probably have 10,000 games or so combined with all my accounts. 50 in almost every playlist.

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)

Multiplayer by far.

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)

A tie between MLG and Team Objective (CTF especially)

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
Had a Bungie account back in 2007 or so, used to post on MLG.com from 2008-2010, was on TheHaloCouncil and now TeamBeyond sites but never really post on them.

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
Old school Rare titles, RPGs, JRPGs. Paper Mario, SOTN, and KOTOR are my favourite non-Halo games.

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
University student in Ottawa and other than gaming I play alot of sports, mostly football, basketball, and baseball. Only one I play competitively (university level) is football.

You play football for the Gee-Gees?

Edit: Also welcome.

Blitzkrieger

Neo Member
How long have you been a member of NeoGAF? How long have you lurked?
Just started today and lurked for 5 months
How old are you? What country or state are you posting from?
35, US Wisconsin

How long have you been a Halo fan? Have you played all the games?
Since OG Xbox and yes played them all

What mode do you spend most of your time in?
(i.e. Multiplayer, Campaign, Forge, Firefight, Theater)
Multiplayer and Forge after beating Campaign on legendary.

What is your favorite playlist?
(i.e. MLG, Action Sack)
BTB and Slayer mostly

- Other Halo sites/forums you have been a member of.
Halo waypoint and Halo Unity

- Any other games you spend a lot of time playing.
Currently Titanfall, KI, PvZ

- Personal bio stuff. (occupation/hobbies/etc.)
Former U.S. Marine and disabled Veteran who is just really big into video games.

Ghazi

HaloGAF in 2 weeks:

large.gif

HaloGAF in 2.2 weeks, with ZooJoo accurately represented:

angry_mob.gif

Also, props to you Blitz for playing PvZ.

willow ve

That's rather concerning you would of though it would turn up by accident before that amount of time.

So Pitfall and Vertigo never show up because they aren't required DLC to play in the DLC playlist. Apparently all you need is the DLC that had Skyline, Landfall, and Monolith.

So even in the fucking DLC playlist you can't play the DLC because, apparently, no lobby ever has the Bullseye Pack (Vertigo + Pit) ergo you will literally never see them in matchmaking.

Give them out for free. This DLC people bought and paid for (and that is TIED TO ACHIEVEMENTS) is never an option in the game. Ever.

SOLIDDDD

Banned
I don't have fun playing Halo 4 solo like I did the older games. Unfortunately all my old Halo 4 friends have moved on and when I solo Halo 3 the playlist populations are only like 100.

Madness

Could also be Carleton right??!!! But no, my team doesn't suck so it is the Gee Gees.

Nice. Any plans post Uni for football or no? I actually had a few friends who played for the Golden Bears in Alberta and few for the Thunderbirds in UBC. Not to mention the guys I knew in SFU, but they're now NCAA Div.II and not CIS. Anyways good to have you here.

We also got Reach and Halo 4 and you're expecting a guy who's unhappy with those products to be happy enough to pre order.

Dedis and 60fps are useless if the game itself blows.

Uhhhh, a be a good game?

Lmao if you think that 343 putting out the MCC is somehow a sign that H5 will definitely be a good game.

@Nebula
I've stated as much before but by comparison I could give a rat's arse about specific game mechanics compared to networking conditions in game. In fact each game version developed has mechanics, settings, maps and weapons designed around that very issue at its core. When you've been playing P2P Halo for 10+ years from a non-USA country you'd understand just how important this is over a specific weapon or loadout etc. The even playing field that so many post about is mostly in the networking fairness and not the mechanics.

@Sai
Exactly my point, MCC provides any of the old experiences/maps/settings in the best possible current networking conditions. Halo 5 should be free to progress forward given the mistakes and learning curve of Halo 4. They've confirmed Arena, they apologised just after Halo 4's launch and they redeveloped the playlists/settings/mechanics to a really solid Halo game (given the vote variants to personal taste). Rank is being talked about, dedis confirmed, pros on board blah blah.

Halo 4 moved sideways too much and Reach somewhat diagonally, they corrected their course and now looking at MCC/Halo 5 at what point is Halo free to move forward? I don't mean to scapegoat Willow but it just seems to me MCC gives everyone what they wanted and they've learned and done a lot to return that Halo feel since 4's launch. Given the MCC/Halo 5 announcements they've even spoke about how Reach Ann/TU was not spot on for what players wanted too.

For me I guess all signs point to a preoder, I suppose for others it's a mystery as to what they require exactly. Saying "A good game" and pointing mistakes of a previous game does absolutely nothing to provide exact details of what Willow or 3 other replies to the question were...that sort of lack of useful content is what worries me about those sorts of attitudes.

furious

Banned
So Pitfall and Vertigo never show up because they aren't required DLC to play in the DLC playlist. Apparently all you need is the DLC that had Skyline, Landfall, and Monolith.

So even in the fucking DLC playlist you can't play the DLC because, apparently, no lobby ever has the Bullseye Pack (Vertigo + Pit) ergo you will literally never see them in matchmaking.

Give them out for free. This DLC people bought and paid for (and that is TIED TO ACHIEVEMENTS) is never an option in the game. Ever.

Ever? Why you got to be like that?

Gamertag: willow ve
Map: Vertigo
End Date: 2014-06-24 (Today)
Playlist: Team DLC
Game: https://app.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/willow ve/wargames/match-a6e9ef340ad418c

I could only find one record for each map :p. Not really enough to get all the achievements is it?

Great games. Forgot how beastly the vehicles are in this game. As someone who always liked reach, it really got way more shit than deserved. Still a blast to play.

I'll be on during the week if you guys wanna play again

Dub117

Great games. Forgot how beastly the vehicles are in this game. As someone who always liked reach, it really got way more shit than deserved. Still a blast to play.

I'll be on during the week if you guys wanna play again
Well I still don't like vanilla reach mechanics much, but I had a lot of fun with the game. The lower bloom and newer mechanics make it a lot more fun for me as well.

fuck, BtB on Boneyard can be fun but man once you're facing against a party it becomes a spawnkill fest with a tank,banshee and pretty much everyone on each side ready to pick you off

not fun at all

RoKKeR

Playing some Halo 3 right now. Makes me sad to come back knowing how much time I spent in these lobbies, making friends and having a blast only to have it feel empty now.

Bring on the Halo collection and revive this bad boy!

Blitzkrieger

Neo Member
fuck, BtB on Boneyard can be fun but man once you're facing against a party it becomes a spawnkill fest with a tank,banshee and pretty much everyone on each side ready to pick you off

not fun at all

I don't play Reach BTB unless I have a full team for this very reason. Boneyard all about map/vehicle control.

Top Bottom