• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestal

Seems like even the media are getting new info from their pals at Hamas.
At least they changed it. Seems like they've seen evidence.

As usual.. Its not get it right, its get it first :/

Words/phrasing matters in such a moment in time like this. Media organizations need to realize that they also hold the keys to keepeing stability.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
As usual.. Its not get it right, its get it first :/

Words/phrasing matters in such a moment in time like this. Media organizations need to realize that they also hold the keys to keepeing stability.
Do they care? they wanna frame things as they wanna frame them.

At least I know IDF didn't do it, because I can't take any more failures.

Report that hospital is blown up by IDF without any verification --> rage-fueled reprisal attacks ensue on Israeli embassy --> never mind, not the IDF, let's just silently edit that headline
Basically how the modern headlines and news reports work at this point. But these times media is playing with lives. I really hope that there will be some actions against media outlets.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I would also think that if it really was IDF, Hamas would have launched a shit ton of missiles. I think they are prob trying to figure out what went wrong. Also seems like their own rocket detonated their other rockets in the hospital.

ThisIsMyDog

Report that hospital is blown up by IDF without any verification --> rage-fueled reprisal attacks ensue on Israeli embassy --> never mind, not the IDF, let's just silently edit that headline
People who will attack embassies will also not give a damn who the press will accuse for the explosion at the hospital.

I am not going to get too far in this as I usually stay away from these kinds of issues. However, I served and fought in Iraq and Afghanistan, these folks will use everything at their disposal to save their own lives. I have been many places around the world and Muslims have been the most cowardly of them all. There is a reason you don’t hear many Muslims condemning Hamas. They stand behind their religion and some are scared for their to be ended by an honor killing

They take pot shots at you and then surround themselves in villages with women and children so we won’t engage. They hide in hospitals we rebuild, schools, orphanages, wherever their little cockroachselves can hide they will.

Your also defending people that throw gays off roofs, they slaughter their own people for political gain, they go to villages and recruit men, if those men won’t fight with them, they will kill them in front of their families, kill the mothers and cut their breasts off then lay the small babies beside them and laugh as they starve.

We are fighting against people that believe they should slaughter others for a book, that’s right a book. They very much believe the whole world should live under Sharia Law, which I’m sure your female family would just love. When people tell you straightforward who they are and what they want, listen to them.

Now, I’m going to back out here as there are too many folks who do not understand how the Middle East is and how political winds shift daily. If Israel did hit the hospital and there were terrorists in there, that is their right and their call. If the international community reviews it and says it is a war crime, then that will come out also.

I assume you have never stared down the barrel to see people that want to kill you just because they disagree with your religion, politics, or just the region you are from. Real people die and Hamas made the decision to put everyone in Gaza in danger, no else but them. Have a good day.

My dad and both grandfathers were in the service, two Navy and one Air Force. Would've been a Navy man myself, but they scrubbed me on the physical. Stupid asthma and flat feet.

Thank you for your service my man.

cormack12

Gold Member
Holy shit at people tying themselves in knots to explain away the hospital strike. I really can't process the flip flop on fake news and shit. Mind blowing.

I definitely hope it was the IJ. It might cause some friction between the various shitweasel factions.
Nah, I don't think it will cause any friction at all. They have no reason to start an inner conflict and the people are expendable for all these groups. Just easier to push the narrative that Israel did that and gain support from protesters worldwide.

Madflavor

Holy shit at people tying themselves in knots to explain away the hospital strike. I really can't process the flip flop on fake news and shit. Mind blowing.

I’m not gonna bother trying to make sense of it. Every corner of the internet has their own sources and proof that it was the IDF, Hamas, or some Islamic Jihad, and they’re sticking to their version of the events. It almost doesn’t matter at this point. People believe what they wanna believe.

Hundreds of people have just been killed by whatever the fuck blew up that hospital. Babies, kids, sick people, wounded, doctors, nurses, etc. It’s a horrific and pointless loss of life. The next 24-48 hours could get really interesting. I mean more so than it has been.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I’m not gonna bother trying to make sense of it. Every corner of the internet has their own sources and proof that it was the IDF, Hamas, or some Islamic Jihad, and they’re sticking to their version of the events. It almost doesn’t matter at this point. People believe what they wanna believe.

Hundreds of people have just been killed by whatever the fuck blew up that hospital. Babies, kids, sick people, wounded, doctors, nurses, etc. It’s a horrific and pointless loss of life. The next 24-48 hours could get really interesting.
The truth still matters.

bbmcgee

Banned
Even if it ended up being the IDF (and seems like a Hamas own goal effort right now), IDF could blow up another 10 hospitals to bits by accident without blinking an eye. The problem will be US public support and then political support will fade as the civilian casualties in the Gaza strip climb ever higher.

If this happens, what do people expect? Israel has to fight. As terrible as casualties are WHAT DO PEOPLE EXPECT ISRAEL TO DO. Hold hands with Hamas?

If this happens, what do people expect? Israel has to fight. As terrible as casualties are WHAT DO PEOPLE EXPECT ISRAEL TO DO. Hold hands with Hamas?
Nothing. People are convinced that palestinians are just weak and powerful people who can't do anything and Israel is a tyrant. Hell, people are applauding literal nazi, but they are brown so this does not count. But imagine if some white folks were doing the same...

Last edited:

bbmcgee

Banned
Of course they aren’t but both have strong incentives to lie in this and neither will be reliable sources in this matter.

Although to be fair at this point what even is a reliable source.
Exactly. both will claim they didnt do it. People will believe who they want to believe.

Even though, if Israel did it and it was a mistake and they admitted it, its not like anyone should say 'its a cardinal sin, you must leave Hamas alone'.

People are just putting a higher value on the lives and safety of palestinians than israel.

Last edited:

gow3isben

User removed from thread for post-truth narrative
At the end of the day whoever did it…is this going to change anything? The only way I see it making a difference is if the US and Allies decides to change their approach.

Last edited:

Raven117

Gawd, the media is such a joke. They race to blame Israel for something without an ounce of evidence but against everything Israel has been saying they would do....to then turn into...yeah...well it wasn't them.

When I first heard of it, my first thought was not Israel, but either on purpose or mistake rocket from Hamas. And low and behold...

Israel isn't stupid, they know damn well they are being held to a higher standard than humanly possible during war, they aren't going to purposefully go killing civilians. How hard is this for the media to understand? I guess the media is searching to blame Israel so they can draw a better moral equivalence to pressure the war to "stop." They are an embarrassment.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
Why is it so hard for people to NOT "same thing both sides" this situation? Now is not the time to be pointing out anything like all media lies.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
User removed from thread.

Truth doesn't matter at this point. Even if there's going to be plenty of visual evidence that it was indeed a faulty Hamas rocket that hit the hospital, the masses that storm Israeli embassies in the middle east won't see it in their local media and if they see it reported, they still won't believe it.

And if the opposite would turn out to be true, that Israel intentionally or accidentally targeted and hit a hospital, large swaths of the population will read that headline and see it as just more proof that the mainstream media is run by Israel hating progressives and outright antisemites.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

Of course they aren’t but both have strong incentives to lie in this and neither will be reliable sources in this matter.

Although to be fair at this point what even is a reliable source.
This whole attempt to make it seem as if both are the same in literally ANY capacity is legit insane. Israel is defending itself, Hamas is attempting to shed as much blood as possible, yes that includes innocent people as well. Saying things like "war is bad" or "there are innocent lives on both sides" is empty words mostly built upon a foundation of pointless conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom