• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.
User removed from thread for post-truth narrative
I’m with you. Truth does matter, or at least it should. I just don’t think a lot of people care. They want to believe whatever gives them more ammunition to hate the other side.
Exactly. There are no absolute truths at this point, it's just whatever truth you've set yourself up to align to. The only truth that should be addressed is that this should cease as it is - it's too fucked.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

I know it's Vox video, but there is a there a better/more nuanced explanation as to why it took 8 hours for the army to arrive?

Israel only stands to lose from this incident, whereas Hamas and other terrorist organisations have already benefited by rallying protesters and shutting down diplomacy.

VortexCortex

Neo Member
Yep, as a father of a 3 year old I can't get that shit out of my head...
I feel you, all the stuff to do with kids I've seen has hurt my soul. My boy is 5 and it hurts.

The autistic girl they kidnapped is haunting the fuck out of me, my boy is autistic - he has a heart of gold and is the happiest kid I've ever known.

Regardless of who fired it (.. but it was Hamas judging by that live video of it exploding in the air after being launched from nearby) - what fucking idiot would have a flightpath go over a hospital.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Amazing how there wasnt one Palestinian protest mob downplaying their own Hamas leaders who ambushed and killed over 1000 people.

But when Israel counter attacks, they whine and protest.

It'll be hilarious if it's confirmed the hospital was a Hamas misfire. But guaranteed, every protester will balk at the stupidity.

Hilarious seeing people claiming that Israel is doing holocaust. Hamas couldn't have asked for better western support🤦‍♂️ It helps that they like using human shields.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

IDF “investigation” has 0 reliability and neither does Hamas’s claims.

Going to have to wait for some external analysis but whoever actually did this deserves to rot.

It doesn’t really make any sense for Israel to knowingly bomb hundreds of civilians in a hospital. That’s only going to get global backlash and erode their support.

True. If Israel was responsible, it would have definitely been unintentional. The same can't be said for the other side, which understands Israel will get the blame, and has no regard for civilians.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Not saying a LinkedIn news editor is the best source but she kept this short and sweet. Right in the header (LinkedIn approved this newsletter too) Israeli's had confirmed Palestinians hit the hospital. Seems IDF whatever your view is of them is/has been to minimize collateral damage from the beginning. Gaza/Palestine/Islamic terrorists have done the contrary. Anyway, read carefully as the truth is there but typically with cited sources and short-handed. Appreciate all the updates I get from the thread too. I'm still at work for another hour and do some marketing in LinkedIn; so...I get GAF or LI to read for any given updates.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It doesn’t really make any sense for Israel to knowingly bomb hundreds of civilians in a hospital. That’s only going to get global backlash and erode their support.
True. If Israel was responsible, it would have definitely been unintentional. The same can't be said for the other side, which understands Israel will get the blame, and has no regard for civilians.
Exactly.

Even though Israel is in revenge mode, they are still considerate enough to give warnings and tell people to go south.

If they really were balls out acting like Hamas madmen, they wouldnt bother with warnings. They would go full retard mode airstriking every apartment building and traffic jam of cars and people every minute as Gaza is heavily dense in population.

Low browers will ignore what Hamas did because end of the day they are losers. They set their own standards so low, while everyone else should act more mature and humane even in conflict. One sided stupidity mentality. These kind of people (including all the university lefties supporting Hamas) will support the side they feel are the underdog. Even if that underdog group started it doing something heinous it doesn't matter because the opposing side is richer and has more. So the pity group is allowed to do whatever, but the other group cant because they should know better.

Doomtrain

I don't understand how anyone can think Israel bombed the hospital. Israel has taken great pains, time and time again, to warn civilians to evacuate areas it intends to target. Hamas, meanwhile:

• Deliberately blocked routes out of Gaza to force civilians to stay
  • Deliberately sets up shop in hospitals and other civilian-dense areas
  • Openly uses their own civilians as meat shields
  • Deliberately attacks Israeli civilians

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I don't understand how anyone can think Israel bombed the hospital. Israel has taken great pains, time and time again, to warn civilians to evacuate areas it intends to target. Hamas, meanwhile:

• Deliberately blocked routes out of Gaza to force civilians to stay
  • Deliberately sets up shop in hospitals and other civilian-dense areas
  • Openly uses their own civilians as meat shields
  • Deliberately attacks Israeli civilians

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
They've (Israel) been doing this from the beginning and still are. Think an Islamic nation would have bothered with all the paperwork, public warnings, warning taps or even the evacuation flyers. IDFs not firing rogue missiles into Gaza either. Attacks are planned carefully as I said previously to minimize civilian casualties.

Those bullet points are a kind way to put it but yeah, that's the truth. I too feel like a good chunk of the West is on crazy pills for openly supporting terrorism. All those supporting 'the cause' for Palestine or Hamas on campus' should be put under watch too for domestic terrorism.

bbmcgee

Banned
This whole attempt to make it seem as if both are the same in literally ANY capacity is legit insane. Israel is defending itself, Hamas is attempting to shed as much blood as possible, yes that includes innocent people as well. Saying things like "war is bad" or "there are innocent lives on both sides" is empty words mostly built upon a foundation of pointless conjecture.

Its absolutely insane that such a large amount of people apparently cant see or dont care about the difference between Hamas and IDF. Its disgusting and I honestly wish the worse on people that actively support or passively accept terrorism to fit their bullshit worldview

Last edited:

MrA

Not saying a LinkedIn news editor is the best source but she kept this short and sweet. Right in the header (LinkedIn approved this newsletter too) Israeli's had confirmed Palestinians hit the hospital. Seems IDF whatever your view is of them is/has been to minimize collateral damage from the beginning. Gaza/Palestine/Islamic terrorists have done the contrary. Anyway, read carefully as the truth is there but typically with cited sources and short-handed. Appreciate all the updates I get from the thread too. I'm still at work for another hour and do some marketing in LinkedIn; so...I get GAF or LI to read for any given updates.

Thats the thing isreal by and large is trying to do things right, yes they are some that are vindictive and vile, but they're the exception , isreals will occasionally hit the wrong target (or more likely one hamas was loading with human sacrifices) , but it isn't the policy

Hamas on the other hand attacks civilians by policy and the forces are indoctrinated to be vile

If you want to see the end of Palestinians suffering, Hamas needs to die, deprogramming needs to happen just like Japan after ww2, the UN schools can not be staffed with radicals that teach them jews are monsters to be killed ,
we do need to demand Isreal be merciful after the war is over and I believe they will be

And those claiming just choosing what let's one hate the other side, only the fringe extremist of Isreal supports hate Palestinians , whereas hating jews is part and parcel of so many of the Palestinian "freedom" (as if Hamas is freedom) group

MrA

Shocked Patrick Stewart GIF

ThisIsMyDog

Look how this carefully avoids mentioning it was self inflicted friendly fire, and without saying as much implies it was an Israeli airstrike

What else would you want to hear from them? If they put the blame on someone from Gaza they'd be thrown out of that place. I remember watching a documentary about the ebola outbreak in West Africa, this organization helped a lot there.

Nydius

IDF “investigation” has 0 reliability and neither does Hamas’s claims.

Going to have to wait for some external analysis but whoever actually did this deserves to rot.

Genuinely curious: What third party external analysis would you trust? If it comes from the US, NATO, or Middle Eastern allies (like Jordan), Hamas and other Islamist groups will say its lies in service of Israel. If it comes from the China or Russia or any of their allies, the west will say they’re lying to inflame the situation and provoke the west.

Unless someone finds wreckage that outright says “Property of Islamic Jihad” painted on the side, I doubt we’ll ever fully know the truth. It’ll just be one side accusing the other and media playing whichever narrative gets them the most clicks. No matter what our eyes see or ears hear (which right now shows that this was clearly friendly fire).

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

CBC journos are still calling it an airstrike on air. They should be defunded.
If that is a contravention of journalistic standards and something other than reporting on what others are saying it is, there are steps like journalistic reviews, hiring/firing, and such that could be considered before knee jerking to defunding and inadvetently push a monoply of private/corporate controlled news.

LordOfChaos

What else would you want to hear from them? If they put the blame on someone from Gaza they'd be thrown out of that place. I remember watching a documentary about the ebola outbreak in West Africa, this organization helped a lot there.

There's more neutral language they could have used around it being a bombing, calling it an "attack" implies intent which implies the attacker is from the other side, not a misfire of Hamas's own rocket

Nydius

Makes me wonder if DC Metro police have secretly beefed up security around the United States Holocaust Memorial and Museum. I would imagine they have because it was a target even before all this unfolded. Repeat cases of vandalism and that crank who went in with the intention of shooting up the place in 2009 come to mind.

Nonehxc

Fucking hell, let them inside the NATO base so they can kill the Zerg Biomass, Turkey becames a hostile, we kick them out of NATO and then we kick their fucking teeth in and we grab that stupid Bosphorus Strait back, then we can stroll into the Black Sea and sink the remaining Black Sea Fleet.

If we're gonna play, we're gonna play WITH OUR RULES.

daffyduck

If that is a contravention of journalistic standards and something other than reporting on what others are saying it is, there are steps like journalistic reviews, hiring/firing, and such that could be considered before knee jerking to defunding and inadvetently push a monoply of private/corporate controlled news.
It’s adorable you think this is “knee jerk”. You aren’t familiar with the CBC narrative, are you?

Sucks about the hospital. Hopefully we find out the truth but it's more than likely an air strike.
Can we not make excuses already that the Israelis wouldn't intentionally do this and it's just an accident.. Israeli has some of the most advance munitions in the world; there's no excuse.

Part of my hopes it's Hamas so these retards can see these terrorists for what they are; then again they would probably deny it.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Fucking hell, let them inside the NATO base so they can kill the Zerg Biomass, Turkey becames a hostile, we kick them out of NATO and then we kick their fucking teeth in and we grab that stupid Bosphorus Strait back, then we can stroll into the Black Sea and sink the remaining Black Sea Fleet.

If we're gonna play, we're gonna play WITH OUR RULES.
The fuck. I know people at Kurecik and Incirlik, would appreciate it if you didn’t treat them as sacrificial pawns to satisfy your war boner.

RAÏSanÏa

You’re deluded if you think the CBC is neutral.
It's held to journalistic standards. It can be challenging to parse for those that think the the news is meant to tell them what to think and not inform them about what others are saying/doing then figure things out from there. CBC saying that someone(probably unreliable, but officially recognized) said it was an airstrike isn't them confirming anything more than someone is saying that. It's up to the reader to figure out if the source is reliable.

daffyduck

It's held to journalistic standards. It can be challenging to parse for those that think the the news is meant to tell them what to think and not inform them about what others are saying/doing then figure things out from there. CBC saying that someone(probably unreliable, but officially recognized) said it was an airstrike isn't them confirming anything more than someone is saying that. It's up to the reader to figure out if the source is reliable.
Whose standards, yours?

No, they were not quoting someone else as saying it.

And I said “on air”, not in print/type.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I’m with you. Truth does matter, or at least it should. I just don’t think a lot of people care. They want to believe whatever gives them more ammunition to hate the other side.
The truth doesn't require belief to be true. If people want to willfully believe something false because it satisfies their preconceptions then they have no integrity and their opinions aren't worth consideration.

RAÏSanÏa

Whose standards, yours?

No, they were not quoting someone else as saying it.

If you feel we have failed, you can reach out to the CBC ombudsman to make a complaint. The ombudsman is fully independent of CBC News and reports directly to the president of the corporation.

And they have to comply with national laws as with other dedicated news sources.

I was hoping you'd post the article to back up your claim. Your obvious unrestrained bias makes you unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom