• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madflavor

I agree Muslim community doesn’t know when to accept defeat. The victor gets to decide how to carve up land, it’s a story as old as time. The palestinan region was conquered multiple times, always changed hands with the recent victors being the British and then Israel themselves multiple times. They won and it’s time to move on…like a 100 years ago. Become educated, add value to society, honestly that’s what a lot of Palestinians have already been doing. Once they gain regular capital and then maybe some actual political capital, maybe there is more credibility in discussions for land disputes. Overall point is, there are other ways to gain power besides terrorist means, they should adopt the sophisticated approach altho it’ll require one being patient and require a lot of nurture.

Alright....at the risk of sounding very ignorant, which is fine cause I'm legit retarded with history so at least I have an excuse for it, isn't most of human history people conquering other people's lands and settling in? You're saying something that I was thinking of the other day. What makes Islam so special from other people who once lost their land, that they feel justified in murdering civilians in the year 2023? I mean it's not like Muslims don't have a country of their own, aren't there around 50 of them? But this one piece of "holy" land is what got their panties in a bunch. Like fuck you, get over it.

Or don't I guess. Keeping making everyone's lives around you miserable until we reach a boiling point and the world has had enough of you shitting everything up.

Last edited:

Nonehxc

Wondering why these sword missiles aren't options where applicable

Probably because if USA were to provide Ginsu Knives to Israel they would be like 'look another radical arab islamist doing some dumb shit, GET TO THE CHOPPER lol' 🤪 all day erryday and there would be backlash for them.

Wildebeest

Alright....at the risk of sounding very ignorant, which is fine cause I'm legit retarded with history so at least I have an excuse for it, isn't most of human history people conquering other people's lands and settling in? You're saying something that I was thinking of the other day. What makes Islam so special from other people who once lost their land, that they feel justified in murdering civilians in the year 2023? I mean it's not like Muslims don't have a country of their own, aren't there around 50 of them? But this one piece of "holy" land is what got their panties in a bunch. Like fuck you, get over it.

Or don't I guess. Keeping making everyone's lives around you miserable until we reach a boiling point and the world has had enough of you shitting everything up.
I don't want to explain all of world history, but the idea of the nation state is not that old and previously peaked in terms of ultranationalism with the Nazi idea of "one people, one nation, one leader". Before Israel and Palestine, there was not one independent nation state in the region but the older formation of multi-ethnic empires, namely the Ottoman Empire and the British Empire. In other times there were other ideas like kingdoms which are not much more than regional powers, run by warlords, who were often of different ethnicity and language to their subjects.

jason10mm

Gold Member

Its currently trendy and hip to preach "decolonization" which is really just "pay us reparations you white people". You see it a lot now In the US with lengthy apologies (sometimes just an acknowledgement) of the land having once belonged to some 'native' tribe or another, never mind that those folks were just the LAST group there before westward expansion, unlikely the ONLY group to have undisputed control of some patch of plains or forest for 15,000 years or whatever. So it's like apologizing to the guy who owned your house before you bought it in a foreclosure, but ignoring the other 4 previous owners, the company that actually built it, the farmers family who tilled the land before it was a subdivision, and the 10 sequential tribes that claimed dominance over that stretch of scrubland before it was plowed under. Performance Guilt Displays, even if well meaning.

LordOfChaos

Probably because if USA were to provide Ginsu Knives to Israel they would be like 'look another radical arab islamist doing some dumb shit, GET TO THE CHOPPER lol' 🤪 all day erryday and there would be backlash for them.

So they pay/offset for plenty of more expensive munitions because use of less destructive munitions would cause backlash

Got it, geopolitics is hard lol. I think a lot of the bombings are because of the tunnels these would do no good in, but I mean if there's a lone rocketeer setting up etc.

LordOfChaos

Hamas claiming 500 dead after a strike on a hospital.

This happened during a massive rocket barrage from gaza while Hamas has launched a long-range heavy rocket towards Haifa which Hamas openly claimed, while the IDF 10 minutes ago saying "we did not attack there, we're looking into it"

It's looking possible this is a self misfire

This happened during a massive rocket barrage from gaza while Hamas has launched a long-range heavy rocket towards Haifa which Hamas openly claimed, while the IDF 10 minutes ago saying "we did not attack there, we're looking into it"

It's looking possible this is a self misfire
I think at this point it doesn't matter. Even if Israel has 100% proof they didn't bomb the hospital in most peoples eyes now "THEY DID IT, THOSE EVIL BASTARDS" the damage is done. The blame gets lumped at Israels door no matter what. The media reporting is so one sided against Israel it is fucking comical. They are going to be painted as the bad guy no matter what.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
And they say Gaza is short on food. We now know who's responsible.

"Sources on the ground say he was frequenting the Gaza McDonalds. In an unrelated incident, those citizens who remain after evacuation warnings are no longer on the brink of starvation, and are actively sending boxes of excess cases of fish filets back to allies,"

Hopefully. Lack of water, food, constant stress of maybe being attacked, leadership getting picked off, Maybe it will demoralize a bunch and they will surrender
Lol no. Hamas leaders reside in other countries and the local warlords will have enough food or water. They will just blame everything on Israel, encouraging more suicide bombers and more bodies to throw at IDF.

FunkMiller

Lol no. Hamas leaders reside in other countries and the local warlords will have enough food or water. They will just blame everything on Israel, encouraging more suicide bombers and more bodies to throw at IDF.

Looking to see a lot of these blokes meet with sudden and horrible accidents in coming weeks and months (y)

Nonehxc

So they pay/offset for plenty of more expensive munitions because use of less destructive munitions would cause backlash

Got it, geopolitics is hard lol. I think a lot of the bombings are because of the tunnels these would do no good in, but I mean if there's a lone rocketeer setting up etc.
Ginsu Knives are like the 'humanitarian' response, and it really is, to the fucking UN and all the cries of crying heart saint complex idiots around the world about 'collateral victims' when using Hellfires against islamist dumbos, because with them there always was his wife, his second wife, his third wife, his cousin, the two wives of his cousin, the uncle, the drummer boy 🥁, grandma, grandpa and the goats, his sister-in-law, his plumber and attorney, Gandalf, Sauron, Gollum and all of them kids and nasty hobbitses.

Because they always are either surrounded by them to shield them, or like you saw in Bin-Laden raid, they're the most central or far away room in a complex and you have to go through the layers to get to him 🫠

They're intended for designated targets in the open and to slice them, just them, maybe you get the one next to them as 'collateral', but that's it.

You gotta love the cheek and inventiveness of engineers in the USA.

UN dumbo countries say 'Hellfire bad, civilians dead, bad bad USA nazis'

USA says 'Hold my steak peoples 🥩'...

and they design fucking flying knives lol. Problem solved, we kill only our targets slicing them cleanly 🔪🥹🔪

UN dumbo countries say 'Cluster munitions bad, civilians dead, children dumb play with explosives get fucked' which btw is totally right.

USA says ' Hold my freedoms fam' ✊🏼🤨...

and they design the BIGGEST SHOTGUN EVER, and then STRAP A FUCKING ROCKET TO ITS ASS LOL as an 'humanitarian' AoE substitute to cluster munitions. Hundreds of thousands of little armor piercing tungsten carbide pellets which spread in a concentrical AoE an rip through EVERYTHING but the heaviest armor. Imagine being ripped apart by hundreds of pellets of one of the hardest alloys at the same time.

Last edited:
This doesn't fit Israel's Methods. They have been very careful to give advanced warning about attacking facilities like this and in reality doing this does not aid them in anyway except make them look like monsters. This was either a Hamas fuck up (strange how hamas was right there on the ball to immediately scream ISRAEL DID IT) or someone at the IDF really screwed the pooch on this. Looking at that footage that is a weird bomb if it was a bomb.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I do like the Egypt and Canada already had something to say. The West Bank leader already called for 3 days of mourning.

And also, counting bodies takes time.

But if it is Israel, than I think the op might be done.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Hamas has had several leaders killed in strikes in Gaza. There are undoubtedly several levels of leadership, like any military pattern organization. It's the military arm of Hamas that needs dismantling, then the political arm can be handled in courts. I'm sure there are quite a few "foot soldiers" who are starting to rething this jihad thing when they are starving, thirsty, haven't seen their families, and instead of a wave of israelis presenting themselves to be shot down its death by artillery or rocket. Clearly historical sieges like Stalingrad show that fighters can endure INCREDIBLE hardship for prolonged periods of time, just how deep does the commitment go? How many will try to slip away, hoping to rejoin a refugee camp somewhere? How many will be killed by their own police? How many will stay in buildings that are leveled? And maybe, just maybe, a bunch get offed by Palestinians fed up with being used as pawns or the grunts turn on their leadership and try to negotiate on their own.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
This is what an airstrike sounds like:

This is what rockets sound like:

Now that we have that established, listen to the attack on the hospital.

The doppler effect of the projectile's sound signature is clearly audible and indicates a laterally moving projectile like a rocket, not an airstrike.

LordOfChaos

Old footage buddy boy. Look in the comments
Check the date here

Thank you, removed for being misinformation. There are still the other angles posted however, and the IDF doesn't deny their actual strikes but were confused about this one, meanwhile Hamas was claiming to be launching from there.

I'll wait for confirmation but it's still looking like self fire

Last edited:

laynelane

Since Israel knows only the language of force people will learn and speak that language

It's hard to change things when one party will not take any responsibility for their actions. I've noticed this commonality among certain people - it's not Hamas' fault, it's Israel's. Considering the sheer level of violence and terror inflicted on people simply attending a musical festival, it's a disgusting stance that says a lot about the person making it. Not really directing this at the poster I quoted, more just something I've noticed with all the professors, students, and other Hamas supporters. It's expected that the perpetrators of such atrocities would think that way, but to see so many others endorse it in the same way has been extremely disquieting to watch.

Thaedolus

Mistakes happen, including in the army, even more so under pressure. A mistake still won't justify this massacre.
Of course mistakes happen. I said intentionally. Unfortunately, bullets and bombs don’t care about intentions. Also, unfortunately, terrorists necessitate the need for firing bullets and bombs because they’re fucking animals.

I hate war and violence. I despise the fact innocent lives are being swept away. But the blame lies on the people who think killing babies is the way to go.

cormack12

Gold Member
This is what an airstrike sounds like:

This is what rockets sound like:

Now that we have that established, listen to the attack on the hospital.

The doppler effect of the projectile's sound signature is clearly audible and indicates a laterally moving projectile like a rocket, not an airstrike.

Holy fuck. The noise of that. The destruction.....

If this is Israel, it's gonna be a little harder to defend wouldn't it be GAF?

What if it's Hamas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom