• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty Hippo

At this point I'd say anyone still believing that there's any non drastic solution to this problem is probably deluded. Islam is a vile, backwards religion that has been in dire need of reformation for centuries, which is something that will probably never happen. All those islamic autocracies will forever do everything in their power to keep their own people fanatic and disinformed, It's hopeless. That's not to say every muslim thinks like Hamas of course, but It's hard to believe the peaceful ones are that much of a majority given the lack of public demonstrations of such thing. Virtually everything we see around the world is quite the opposite.

I'm just a random, religiously agnostic brazilian guy who has nothing against any other major religion, but 9/11 was all it took for me to realize that Islam is diametrically opposed and completely incompatible with western values. How the west has fucked up so much in not only not realizing this in the last 20 years, but believing the exact opposite, is something I'll never understand.

MrMephistoX

A prison doesn’t allow for any of the inmates to enter and leave voluntarily. Canada has dual Palestinian-Canadian citizens that voluntarily choose to live there who are awaiting transport. Restrictions imposed on Palestinians are linked to the security threat they represent due to violent organizations like Hamas and pay to slay policies from the PA.

Both the United Nations and Amnesty International have their biases and anti-semitism is a widespread notion. The UN , aside from the security council, operates by the numbers of member states who support a thing and the OIC contingent far outnumbers Israel; which means there is more focus on Israel than even outright totalitarian dictatorships committing mass genocide. Amnesty International you can read up on its failures in Ukraine, where even a third-party report they themselves commissioned found their conclusions to be extremely faulty. As we have seen, lunatic ideologues in their ivory towers are not immune to being antisemitic Nazis calling for murder and violence.

Israel may have killed thousands of Palestinians but to be fair, there are thousands of Palestinians who are members of a violent, terror group. Hamas boasts around 30,000 fighters alone and when you add the financiers, logistics and bureaucracy, you’ll easily run up into the six figures. How do you destroy a terror group comprised primarily of Palestinians without killing Palestinians?

Who are the ‘real’ terrorists? Islamic Jihadists. You can tell who the bad guys are because they’re the ones filming beheadings and rocking kidnapped babies while holding rifles.
Well that and the fact that only one side is deliberately attacking, raping, kinapping and beheading civilians and some people are too dense to understand the nuance. Even if Israel ends up with egg on their face (looking doubtful once they release footage) on the hospital explosion I doubt anyone would believe they deliberately lit up a hospital. Bad intel sure deliberately killing 500 no way.

hyperbertha

At this point I'd say anyone still believing that there's any non drastic solution to this problem is probably deluded. Islam is a vile, backwards religion that has been in dire need of reformation for centuries, which is something that will probably never happen. All those islamic autocracies will forever do everything in their power to keep their own people fanatic and disinformed, It's hopeless. That's not to say every muslim thinks like Hamas of course, but It's hard to believe the peaceful ones are that much of a majority given the lack of public demonstrations of such thing. Virtually everything we see around the world is quite the opposite.

I'm just a random, religiously agnostic brazilian guy who has nothing against any other major religion, but 9/11 was all it took for me to realize that Islam is diametrically opposed and completely incompatible with western values. How the west has fucked up so much in not only not realizing this in the last 20 years, but believing the exact opposite, is something I'll never understand.
You can mostly blame the far left. They see Islam as a tool against Christianity and will forever do everything they can to drum up muslim support. Of course the muslims don't realise they are just being used.

Topher

Gold Member
The Palestinian people has been chased for 75 years. Gaza is called the biggest open-air prison in the world. Both United Nations and Amnesty International are calling Israel an apartheid state. Israel has killed thousands upon thousands of Palestinians and drawn out many more. Israel used to be a tiny little spot in Palestine - now Palestine is a tiny little spot in Israel.

Now, who's the real terrorist organization?

Hamas

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
The Palestinian people has been chased for 75 years. Gaza is called the biggest open-air prison in the world. Both United Nations and Amnesty International are calling Israel an apartheid state. Israel has killed thousands upon thousands of Palestinians and drawn out many more. Israel used to be a tiny little spot in Palestine - now Palestine is a tiny little spot in Israel.

Hamas.

Gaza is an open air prison? so how did they get 6500+ rockets? thru their bum holes?

Learn history, go over facts, you're coming off as very uniformed and either do the research or rid us of your stupidity.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
You can mostly blame the far left. They see Islam as a tool against Christianity and will forever do everything they can to drum up muslim support. Of course the muslims don't realise they are just being used.
I think you got it the other way around. Muslims are using the far left because it always supports the underdog.

You can see from protests, this isn't about Israel, this is about Jews, and once Jews are gone, what's next?

Havoc2049

Genuinely curious - can someone explain the significance of the term “iron” to israel and why they use it in all their military nomenclature.
Probably because the first Kingdom of Israel was formed during the Iron Age. 1047 BC - 930 BC.
Kingdom_of_Israel_1020_map.svg

lachesis

Gold Member
So all migrants who ran from political/religious oppression are good and just... and should be embraced unconditionally - except for Jews/Zionists?
Talking about some severe double standard... Jewish people suffered more than a millennia for them just being Jewish, going back to the biblical times.

Hearing that horrific chants by U Penn kids... looks like the horseshoe theory is indeed correct. Far right and Far left seem pretty closely related. I can't tell whether they are the progressive ones or Nazis.

In my knowledge, many Jews came from neighboring Arab countries, not just Europe or America. Will neighboring Arab countries return the properties back to them in the case Jews all went back to where they came from? Really? How do you guarantee they won't get persecuted like they had been for past 1000+ years?

My respect for Ivy League colleges and their students are really hitting the bottom now - especially knowing how expensive they are... perhaps they are not that smart, going to such expensive schools for some useless activist degree with big student loans (and even ask everyone to pay for their needs)

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Turn the other cheek doesn’t mean “do nothing as your enemies repeatedly beat on you, your family, and your friends”. 🤷🏼‍♂️

No one should glorify war, I agree, but Christianity isn’t strictly anti-war, especially when the enemy is slaughtering innocents.

Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself. You can defend yourself but killing was a big no no unless you had no choice. Look at Jesus' teachings... Look at what his disciples went on to do...

But that's besides the point.

We live in Man's world which is also the world of the enemy... We have to live with the choices we make and atone when we go against His teachings.

That said, my heart is heavy

MrA

Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself. You can defend yourself but killing was a big no no unless you had no choice. Look at Jesus' teachings... Look at what his disciples went on to do...

We live in Man's world which is also the world of the enemy... We have to live with the choices we make and atone when we go against His teachings.

Interesting thing about that the Greeks and by extension early gentile Christian(I belive, I'd have to double check) translated the commandment to though shall not kill, in Hebrew it's though shall not murder,

But regardless, I want to see the end of Palestinians' suffering but thats only going to happen when Hamas is gone,
I'm not going to lose faith in the isrealis to do things right because botch rare operation, or because Hamas used human shields, yes if Israeli's started behaving no better than Hamas and started celebrating murdering innocent people or starts operating with reckless disregard for innocent lives, I'll oppose isreal, but I also will never supporting Hamas.

I've read the history of the conflict quite extensively and the Israelis aren't perfect, but generally try to do things right. The Palestinians have consistently made terrible decisions and treated their own lives as holding little value. And the hatred of jews is deeply embedded along with an odd arrogance,
Now I have met Palestinians that on a personal level have been nice people, but most really hated jews and thought they would eventually rule the world (a few didn't one guy that went full wearing stars and stripes cloths everywhere he went, but he eventually converted to Christianity anyway, and girl (who is quite fine by the way) that married a Jewish guy and basically was cut off by her family, she's still Muslim as far I know , haven't seen her in years, but she wanted Islam drop honor killing bs and such)

MrMephistoX

2 for 2 of Hamas trying to blame their failures on Israel and 2 for 2 of media reporting Hamas side uncritically
I always realized the media was biased but I don't think I appreciated just HOW biased until this week and I normally cannot fucking stand FOX.

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll

To be honest I'm not sure Jesus would be a fan of modern Christianity but that's another discussion.

I'm atheïst and pacifist btw but I fully support Israël here. Islam was a mistake.

Raven117

Hamas is.

Stop being ridiculous. Start educating yourself and quit wholesale swallowing that narrative.

hyperbertha

I think you got it the other way around. Muslims are using the far left because it always supports the underdog.

You can see from protests, this isn't about Israel, this is about Jews, and once Jews are gone, what's next?
The far left doesn't support the underdog, it supports what allows it to gain power. But what you said is true in a sense. They both have use for each other, despite being diametrically opposed on key issues. A symbiotic relationship.. and if they get what they want they'll start pointing at each other.

MrA

The far left doesn't support the underdog, it supports what allows it to gain power. But what you said is true in a sense. They both have use for each other, despite being diametrically opposed on key issues. A symbiotic relationship.. and if they get what they want they'll start pointing at each other.
Like how they don't give a damn about the Karen people when they are actually in the situation they claim the Palestinians are, but then again in burma it was communists and Buddhists generally doing the killing so you know it's totes ok

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I always realized the media was biased but I don't think I appreciated just HOW biased until this week and I normally cannot fucking stand FOX.
I have no proof, but I stick to one factor of media sympathy and bias due to not wanting to agitate terrorists and nutcases. Look what happened at Charlie Hebdo and how unruly the mobs can be. All it takes is the mob to focus on a newspaper or media office who they think badmouth them and they might vandalize or attack employees or trash the building.

So I think (guessing here), top down management is trying to act like the nice guy to prevent hyperspasms.

It's pointless trying to convince muslims. They hate you and you can't really do anything about it.

So much casual Muslim hate lol...first I'll say that Muslims comprise 20% of the world's population. If there is really this much fear, you might as well consider the world has ended. Because when there is that much muslim makeup in the human population across multiple countries, that has more/less integrated and assimilated wherever they are, how can you possibly hope to solve such a deep rooted, vile, backwards, problem? It's already too late.

Now to dispel some of the hate and hopefully educate:

People should already know this but always need to be reminded - the radical minority voices are often the most loudest and always has the most coverage. You have a lot of things going against peace - it's boring, media won't ever cover it, there is no intrigue, theatre, etc. The most covered "peace" thing is the Nobel Peace Prize and most people can't name 5 winners off the top of their head (doubt 2 can be named). If you observe the most controversial moments in history you might be surprised (shouldn't be) to find that the people causing the ruckus are almost always in small numbers relative to the entire population! Let's use an example - Nazi Germany. How is it possible, such a massive country with so many generally considered smart people, to be convinced to hate an entire race? Doesn't make sense...do most christians, white people deep down think this way? Was it the same during/post slavery in the states? Absolutely not, most didn't care/weren't involved/weren't wealthy enough for it to have mattered, and they're just going along with the loudest who happen to have weapons/power, energy supporting them. There is not much energy in peace.

Majority of muslim people don't need convincing. they don't "hate" you, it's more like they don't "care" about you. Most people are worried about their day to day, work (especially if money is tight which it would be for a lot of the demo), there is not much time to contemplate who to hate, not important enough.

So much casual Muslim hate lol...first I'll say that Muslims comprise 20% of the world's population. If there is really this much fear, you might as well consider the world has ended. Because when there is that much muslim makeup in the human population across multiple countries, that has more/less integrated and assimilated wherever they are, how can you possibly hope to solve such a deep rooted, vile, backwards, problem? It's already too late.

Now to dispel some of the hate and hopefully educate:

People should already know this but always need to be reminded - the radical minority voices are often the most loudest and always has the most coverage. You have a lot of things going against peace - it's boring, media won't ever cover it, there is no intrigue, theatre, etc. The most covered "peace" thing is the Nobel Peace Prize and most people can't name 5 winners off the top of their head (doubt 2 can be named). If you observe the most controversial moments in history you might be surprised (shouldn't be) to find that the people causing the ruckus are almost always in small numbers relative to the entire population! Let's use an example - Nazi Germany. How is it possible, such a massive country with so many generally considered smart people, to be convinced to hate an entire race? Doesn't make sense...do most christians, white people deep down think this way? Was it the same during/post slavery in the states? Absolutely not, most didn't care/weren't involved/weren't wealthy enough for it to have mattered, and they're just going along with the loudest who happen to have weapons/power, energy supporting them. There is not much energy in peace.

Majority of muslim people don't need convincing. they don't "hate" you, it's more like they don't "care" about you. Most people are worried about their day to day, work (especially if money is tight which it would be for a lot of the demo), there is not much time to contemplate who to hate, not important enough.

They don't "hate" us until they get a majority.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Imagine working hard at a tough law school to land a cush future, freebie job at a white-shoe firm (I.E. making bank right out of the gate), and throwing it all away to support terrorists. Even her own colleagues on the student board were like "Yea, we're not crazy like her, sorry, we've already told her to GTFO".

Last edited:
They don't "hate" us until they get a majority.

And who is us? A specific race - if so, then umm...there are plenty of non-muslims to worry about in this regard.
The west? Nope... plenty of mulsims from lower countries are dying to get here through immigration?

Do sunni mulsims hate shia, vice versa? Yes. Does Saudi hate Iran? Yes. Does the Middle East look down on SE Asia? Yes. But this is all Muslims hating on Muslims...almost like the religion doesn't even matter.

Last edited:

Whitecrow

Banned
Far left supports anything that can manipulate people emotionally so they can earn moral superiority badges. Tagging some groups or people as opressed and supporting them is usually a good way to do that.

Us is the people who take them and regret it later.

Nah, plenty of muslim countries have been brain-drained and now a lot of 2nd gen are in super high level valuable positions in the west. Helped make the markets grow, there is not regret there - its capitalism you always want the smartest. The regret I guess it depends on the level of society one belongs in. If in the upper echelons - then those people just hate lazy people, irrespective of race/religion. A fund manager, doctor, lawyer, software engineer...the good ones are not looking at race/religion at all. That's reserved for the lower echelons, the ones the jobs were taken from.

Nah, plenty of muslim countries have been brain-drained and now a lot of 2nd gen are in super high level valuable positions in the west. Helped make the markets grow, there is not regret there - its capitalism you always want the smartest. The regret I guess it depends on the level of society one belongs in. If in the upper echelons - then those people just hate lazy people, irrespective of race/religion. A fund manager, doctor, lawyer, software engineer...the good ones are not looking at race/religion at all. That's reserved for the lower echelons, the ones the jobs were taken from.

Then tell me the muslim countries that will take these fools.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Imagine working hard at a tough law school to land a cush future, freebie job at a white-shoe firm (I.E. making bank right out of the gate), and throwing it all away to support terrorists. Even her own colleagues on the student board were like "Yea, we're not crazy like her, sorry, we've already told her to GTFO".
Goes to show how stupid students are. Supporting terrorists against Jewish people is stupidest thing ever, especially in law since a lot of Jewish people work in the industry. I'm not not even Jewish and know that.

It'd be like a college student badmouthing players, coaches and owners and trying to apply for jobs at a sports team.

Then tell me the muslim countries that will take these fools.
The Palestinians I'm not sure... but again shows religion is not mattering (since Muslim countries clearly trying to stay away), most prob don't want to deal with financial burden and then some Hamas getting in. I think Qatar should be forced to take them or Iran.

Last edited:
The Palestinians I'm not sure... but again shows religion is not mattering, most prob don't want to deal with financial burden and then some Hamas getting in. I think Qatar should be forced to take them or Ira

Ya, religion not mattering when you have a fucking bunch of animals crossing your borders. Imagine that.

Ya, religion not mattering when you have a fucking bunch of animals crossing your borders. Imagine that.
Not sure if trolling but I'll play along

The most common animals seem to be cattle and I think they would get offed anyways with the strikes/bombing. Animals prob not a concern, maybe some ran away from blasts

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom