• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Interesting thing about that the Greeks and by extension early gentile Christian(I belive, I'd have to double check) translated the commandment to though shall not kill, in Hebrew it's though shall not murder,

But regardless, I want to see the end of Palestinians' suffering but thats only going to happen when Hamas is gone,
I'm not going to lose faith in the isrealis to do things right because botch rare operation, or because Hamas used human shields, yes if Israeli's started behaving no better than Hamas and started celebrating murdering innocent people or starts operating with reckless disregard for innocent lives, I'll oppose isreal, but I also will never supporting Hamas.

I've read the history of the conflict quite extensively and the Israelis aren't perfect, but generally try to do things right. The Palestinians have consistently made terrible decisions and treated their own lives as holding little value. And the hatred of jews is deeply embedded along with an odd arrogance,
Now I have met Palestinians that on a personal level have been nice people, but most really hated jews and thought they would eventually rule the world (a few didn't one guy that went full wearing stars and stripes cloths everywhere he went, but he eventually converted to Christianity anyway, and girl (who is quite fine by the way) that married a Jewish guy and basically was cut off by her family, she's still Muslim as far I know , haven't seen her in years, but she wanted Islam drop honor killing bs and such)

I hear you and agree. Your friend marrying a Jewish guy, that's BEAUTIFUL! <3

AND I think you're right. Thou shalt not murder. It's in the New World Translation, too. It's more accurate than the KJV.

To be honest I'm not sure Jesus would be a fan of modern Christianity but that's another discussion.

I'm atheïst and pacifist btw but I fully support Israël here. Islam was a mistake.

No, you're right. Prosperity preachers, involvement in politics, glorifying war and killing, praying for the death of others ... Jesus would be ashamed.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Goes to show how stupid students are. Supporting terrorists against Jewish people is stupidest thing ever, especially in law since a lot of Jewish people work in the industry. I'm not not even Jewish and know that.

It'd be like a college student badmouthing players, coaches and owners and trying to apply for jobs at a sports team.

Get this: Winston & Strawn is one of the most diversity and inclusion focused international white-shoe firms around. They're one of those big firms that will enter a legal fight even if it's not popular with the majority. The fact that even they dropped that student immediately, without attempting to have any meaningful dialog with her beforehand, should give everyone an idea of the tenor out there right now - an idea of the overwhelming support Israel has.

Plus I mean, why the fuck would any sane person support a terrorist group that just murdered over 1,400 people? Not even two weeks ago?

The Pew polls of a few years back prove that this is bullshit and it probably only got worse.

Islam is incompatible with the 21st century.

Polls vary in validity depending on who you ask, and even on gaf their credibility comes and goes. Its coming at the moment I guess. Think about the type of person that would even take a poll

I've personally never taken a poll in my life or partook in any study. Even the ones paid.

cormack12

Gold Member
Me looking at all these uni gen z students:

tumblr_pcuxhod0XH1w8mobyo3_540.gif

I think they are pretty mad that this conflict has stolen the headlines of their own genocide when wrong pronouns have been used.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Egypt and Jordan has forsaken them a long time ago. Nobody wants them. They won't admit it.

Jordan's king announced yesterday that neither Jordan nor Egypt will be willing to accept any refugees.

I can't recall the exact figure, but Jordan is already crippled by having to pay for Syrian refugees. Something like 20% of their spending, which is more than they spend on their military, which is already a lot. They cannot afford to take in more refugees, this time the same people that tried to murder their king twice (edit: or more times? I haven't read up on that civil war in a while) and overthrow their government (the PLO).

Those innocent civilians need safe harbor someplace, but damn, their leaders certainly burnt seemingly every bridge out there for them.

Last edited:

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So much casual Muslim hate lol...first I'll say that Muslims comprise 20% of the world's population. If there is really this much fear, you might as well consider the world has ended. Because when there is that much muslim makeup in the human population across multiple countries, that has more/less integrated and assimilated wherever they are, how can you possibly hope to solve such a deep rooted, vile, backwards, problem? It's already too late.
I am just saying you cannot discuss about politics or religion with them and certain topics like Israel/Gaza. We already know their answer and thought process. Nothing can change their minds regarding these things.

Nydius

Oh no no. They are the ones using the left. Islamists are very clear headed regarding these things.
Exactly.

I’ve never understood the left’s infatuation with supporting Islam. If they think evangelical Christianity is bad, they should read up on Sharia Law. It makes even the most hardcore evangelical Christian look like a saint by comparison. Israel is a far more progressive society that you’d think would be more appealing to the folks who call themselves “progressive”.

Liberals supporting Islam are little more than useful idiots for radicalized Islamists, providing them aid in their goal of taking over the West — and they’ll be the first stoned to death, protesting “but we were on your side!” as they’re being led to their demise in chains.

sure, and again these countries can't support them. The only resolution I see is if Egypt is offered a huge sum of money and support to take them in.
It is not about money per se. It is more about political stability.

I’ve never understood the left’s infatuation with supporting Islam. If they think evangelical Christianity is bad, they should read up on Sharia Law. It makes even the most hardcore evangelical Christian look like a saint by comparison. Israel is a far more progressive society that you’d think would be more appealing to the folks who call themselves “progressive”.
I am pretty sure that's how we went from the Roman Empire to the dark ages and crusade. Current "romans" are essentially "white civilized pipeline", while "slaves" are migrants. And Islam is like christianity of the past that is spreading, gaining support from people and getting political support. Would be surprised if there will be some "emperor" that will fully convert to islam and will do a serious crack down on other beliefs.

Last edited:

lachesis

Gold Member
I also can't imagine any reason for IDF to bomb a parking lot.
Yeah. After hearing the news, I was expecting a hospital building like General Hospital for 500 death. In whatever case, I hope the number is greatly exaggerated figure for civilian lives sake, which seems to be the case here.

Kudos to IDF transparency and quick disclosure. Still waiting for that intercepted audio of Islamic Jihadists of them saying about misfire…

But unfortunately- some just don’t seem to trust Israel and believe whatever Hamas says… and a lot of damage has already done as media so quickly coming to a judgement.

I am just saying you cannot discuss about politics or religion with them and certain topics like Israel/Gaza. We already know their answer and thought process. Nothing can change their minds regarding these things.

I think you'll start seeing changes as older gen starts getting offset by younger gen. The muslim pop in the west is interesting - almost always voted conservative because very anti abortion. Conservative party turned against, yet still many voted because anti abortion is a very strong belief. Last election cycle, some fresh off the boat extended fam members who just got citizenship voted for Trump because he looked like a good business man...that's their thought process. Pretty surface level honestly.

Younger gen a lot are left leaning, and being anti israel is not just a popular Muslim choice, it's generally the western hippy clout chasing choice. But when you talk to them, the ones that grew up here, they don't actually know anything about it - it's literally either clout chasing or passed down from older gen. It's not a huge voting issue for most muslims in the west I'd say, other things like abortion are higher tier.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Yeah. After hearing the news, I was expecting a hospital building like General Hospital for 500 death. In whatever case, I hope the number is greatly exaggerated figure for civilian lives sake, which seems to be the case here.

Kudos to IDF transparency and quick disclosure. Still waiting for that intercepted audio of Islamic Jihadists of them saying about misfire…

But unfortunately- some just don’t seem to trust Israel and believe whatever Hamas says… and a lot of damage has already done as media so quickly coming to a judgement.
It wasn't quick, lots of criticism in Israel about how slow they were (5hrs almost). It should've been a quick, nope, no planes there at the time it wasn't us first. And then find evidence later. I mean we should know if we dropped a missile there.

But even with the lies, the world will go on and blame us for something. I wouldn't be surprised if Hamas started shooting into Gaza now and bombing Gazans and try to pin it on us.

I think you'll start seeing changes as older gen starts getting offset by younger gen. The muslim pop in the west is interesting - almost always voted conservative because very anti abortion. Conservative party turned against, yet still many voted because anti abortion is a very strong belief. Last election cycle, some fresh off the boat extended fam members who just got citizenship voted for Trump because he looked like a good business man...that's their thought process. Pretty surface level honestly.

Younger gen a lot are left leaning, and being anti israel is not just a popular Muslim choice, it's generally the western hippy clout chasing choice. But when you talk to them, the ones that grew up here, they don't actually know anything about it - it's literally either clout chasing or passed down from older gen. It's not a huge voting issue for most muslims in the west I'd say, other things like abortion are higher tier.

Yet, this shit allows terrorism.

laynelane

The signatories of the letter defending Workman note that she "has been an incredible leader in our community" and cite her habit of making "Halloween goody bags" for students as an example of how she is "an integral part of NYU law."

"We, too, condemn the violence of silence," the letter reads. "We are deeply ashamed of and angry with NYU Law, the NYU Law Board of Trustees, the Office of the Dean, and the broader NYU administration for not protecting Ryna as a student and important member of our community."

It's amazing how out of touch these people are and how desperate they are to be victims. No introspection, analysis, or wisdom whatsoever. No wonder so many companies and individuals are pulling their financial support from these institutions.

As well, terrorism supporters talking about the 'violence of silence' is exactly what one expect from these pampered fools.

It wasn't quick, lots of criticism in Israel about how slow they were (5hrs almost). It should've been a quick, nope, no planes there at the time it wasn't us first. And then find evidence later. I mean we should know if we dropped a missile there.

But even with the lies, the world will go on and blame us for something. I wouldn't be surprised if Hamas started shooting into Gaza now and bombing Gazans and try to pin it on us.

I was wondering about the 4-6 hours, but I guess it's more fog of war more of anything.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I was wondering about the 4-6 hours, but I guess it's more fog of war more of anything.
It's the difference of propaganda, and how we don't do it.

Palestinians were quick to say "Airstrike! 500 dead! 3 days of mourning! Day of rage!!!!". While Israel is like, we don't think it's us, but you know what, lemme check on that for you... mmm... hmmm.... ahh.... here's evid.. oh the world already hate us?!

It's the difference of propaganda, and how we don't do it.

Palestinians were quick to say "Airstrike! 500 dead! 3 days of mourning! Day of rage!!!!". While Israel is like, we don't think it's us, but you know what, lemme check on that for you... mmm... hmmm.... ahh.... here's evid.. oh the world already hate us?!
Umm... kay... lol

hyperbertha

Oh no no. They are the ones using the left. Islamists are very clear headed regarding these things.
I meant when the average muslim citizen aligns with the left thinking they are sympathetic with issues, but you are right too. The higher level muslim leaders know what they are doing. They use each other.

Still so unclear on that Hospital situation but looking likely Hamas did it? If this Hamas striking their own people gains steam/confirmation, this might be the thing that finally gets western hippies to come to their senses.

Thaedolus

Me looking at all these uni gen z students:

tumblr_pcuxhod0XH1w8mobyo3_540.gif

I think they are pretty mad that this conflict has stolen the headlines of their own genocide when wrong pronouns have been used.
I know this is off topic but it just reminded me that Ewan McGregor and Carmen San Diego or whatever are the only good things Star Wars related since 1983. And I take that personally.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Still so unclear on that Hospital situation but looking likely Hamas did it? If this Hamas striking their own people gains steam/confirmation, this might be the thing that finally gets western hippies to come to their senses.
It's 100% "friendly fire". Maybe not Hamas but could be the Jihad there. This is the impact site. No body traces, no crater, nothing.

Thaedolus

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by neglect, ignorance or incompetence. But we’re dealing with Hamas here.

Last edited:

Jenov

So the hospital is perfectly intact and it was actually a rogue Hamas rocket that didn’t even hit the hospital, but just the car park nearby? Where’s the supposed JDAM crater? And I seriously doubt 500 people died there. RIP to those few that did.

Western media needs to stop reporting what Hamas says, they’re terrorists and flat out liars. Reading this unfold on a certain other forum has been entertaining, their outright antisemitism and denial is just pathetic.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Western media needs to stop reporting what Hamas says, they’re terrorists and flat out liars. Reading this unfold on a certain other forum has been entertaining, their outright antisemitism and denial is just pathetic.
These people are totally bamboozled by this supposedly totally independent "Gaza healthcare authority" which they trust to give them facts that they never verify.

FunkMiller

How many Muslims do you actually know? Because I know a few, have been mates with one for many years, and I can tell you that they are as sick of people like Hamas as anyone. They just want the violence to stop in the Middle East like the rest of us. They’re as moderate as sensible Christians (all of them are deluded anyway of course, but only to the same, more or less harmless degree).

I’m the first one to criticise Islam, but there’s some nasty ass bigotry creeping into the comments here when there are massive generalisations about all Muslims.

Direct all of your rightful hate at Hamas and anyone supporting them. Once you get into criticising all muslims, you throw out any moral high ground.

Last edited:
In the light of day (literally since now we can fucking see the damaged area) it is looking highly likely that the Hamas Health department has been telling fibs. Last night it was "massive loss of life, 500 dead, hospital collapsed utter devastation". In reality it was a motherfucking parking lot that got hit which is barely big enough to fit 50 people in let alone 500. The hospital is still standing and strangely enough they managed to clean up all the bodies and body parts from these 500 dead.

Also I have just seen some of the photo's from last night of the presser that doctor did "surrounded" by dead bodies. Jesus fucking H christ they neatly lined the bodies up for the world to see then had the guy stand in the midle of them going "ya see, ya see" you couldn't have made it look more like a propaganda piece and people fell for this shit.

What is shameful about all this is certain forms are still pedalling terrorist propaganda with forum titles like this :-

Hamas attacks Israel, including attacks and kidnappings of civilians. Update: Israeli airstrike hits Gaza hospital, hundreds dead.​

They should be fucking ashamed of themselves. Yet they still won't believe the evidence in front of them with them going "no way could a misfired missle kill 500". Hm you know what you could be right soooooooo perhaps it could be there were NOT 500 dead and that was a lie too ........... jesus use the few braincells you still have remaining.

In the light of day (literally since now we can fucking see the damaged area) it is looking highly likely that the Hamas Health department has been telling fibs. Last night it was "massive loss of life, 500 dead, hospital collapsed utter devastation". In reality it was a motherfucking parking lot that got hit which is barely big enough to fit 50 people in let alone 500. The hospital is still standing and strangely enough they managed to clean up all the bodies and body parts from these 500 dead.

Also I have just seen some of the photo's from last night of the presser that doctor did "surrounded" by dead bodies. Jesus fucking H christ they neatly lined the bodies up for the world to see then had the guy stand in the midle of them going "ya see, ya see" you couldn't have made it look more like a propaganda piece and people fell for this shit.

What is shameful about all this is certain forms are still pedalling terrorist propaganda with forum titles like this :-

They should be fucking ashamed of themselves. Yet they still won't believe the evidence in front of them with them going "no way could a misfired missle kill 500". Hm you know what you could be right soooooooo perhaps it could be there were NOT 500 dead and that was a lie too ........... jesus use the few braincells you still have remaining.
Hamas knows that people believe whatever side they agree with. Word of Hamas is enough, but IDF should provide photos, videos, interviews, timings etc. etc.

Last edited:

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How many Muslims do you actually know? Because I know a few, have been mates with one for many years, and I can tell you that they are as sick of people like Hamas as anyone. They just want the violence to stop in the Middle East like the rest of us. They’re as moderate as sensible Christians (all of them are deluded anyway of course, but only to the same, more or less harmless degree).
You can't tell who is radical and who is moderate/sensible and most people don't share their true beliefs. Better to avoid sensitive topics IRL unless you like playing Russian roulette. My doctor is a muslim and there are many things I admire about them like family values, charitable nature, simplicity etc., All I know is certain topics are off-limits with them and you don't know how they will react. I think that's a reasonable assessment to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom