• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildebeest

Not at all. They're not interested in reporting facts. The more outrage and drama, the more clicks/views. It's business.
It's their business to potentially escalate a war and incubate domestic terrorists. It's tough work, but someone has to do it, and it helps that they love it.

VortexCortex

Neo Member

SjK5Azo.jpg

Ok, since I didn't look at the supposed horrific video footage as I have seen enough carnage for a lifetime these last two weeks, how does this all add up to that footage, the descriptions I heard implied that the hospital itself was hit with screaming children and patients, women and children inside in a place on fire. Was this accurate, because it seems like the building itself was barely hit. Also what is MSF's excuse for overstating what happened?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
You can't tell who is radical and who is moderate/sensible and most people don't share their true beliefs. Better to avoid sensitive topics IRL unless you like playing Russian roulette. My doctor is a muslim and there are many things I admire about them like family values, charitable nature, simplicity etc., All I know is certain topics are off-limits with them and you don't know how they will react. I think that's a reasonable assessment to make.

This has been by experience too with Muslims. Most of them are excellent people in general walks of life- be it work or general nature. Just don't bring anything political (from their point of view) or religious. If you do and it's something they disagree with be prepared to see a completely new person and demeanor.

Ok, since I didn't look at the supposed horrific video footage as I have seen enough carnage for a lifetime these last two weeks, how does this all add up to that footage, the descriptions I heard implied that the hospital itself was hit with screaming children and patients, women and children inside in a place on fire. Was this accurate, because it seems like the building itself was barely hit. Also what is MSF's excuse for overstating what happened?

No excuse. Media takes Hamas's words as gospel and runs with it and Hamas has perfected their outrage causing charade. They lie about how many died, who did the attack etc and media laps it up. At this point all Hamas/Palestinian videos which media shows seem suspect to me. All they do is show bodies, hurt kids, wailing women while blaming Israel for everything. Outrage is their currency, not truth.

Last edited:

daffyduck

It's their business to potentially escalate a war and incubate domestic terrorists. It's tough work, but someone has to do it, and it helps that they love it.
Nah, they’re just “presenting the facts, quoting what others have claimed, and letting the viewing public come to an informed conclusion.”

Z O N E

Funny seeing all those who fell for Hamas propaganda try and defend themselves and back-peddle so they don't show that they sided with actual terrorists in regard to the hospital bombing misfire.

Especially REEEEra and even Hasan on Twitch try to back-peddle.

Last edited:
Just for everyone to know why THAT particular ground is holy to muslims. Its the area next to al-aqsa mosque where in the scripture it is said the Prophet Mohamad ascended to heaven and met God face to face. The event is marked as a holiday in most muslim countries and
it is the 3rd holiest site behind Makkah and Medina. So yeah, Palestine will never give that land up and its why you are seeing world wide protest while Hamas gets away with nary a comdemnation from that side.

Just to be clear I hate what Hamas did and yeah its true that the Palestine people are taking the "easy" way out when with proper nurturing and education they can actually grow to be more than canon fodder.

DrKeo

Just for everyone to know why THAT particular ground is holy to muslims. Its the area next to al-aqsa mosque where in the scripture it is said the Prophet Mohamad ascended to heaven and met God face to face. The event is marked as a holiday in most muslim countries and
it is the 3rd holiest site behind Makkah and Medina. So yeah, Palestine will never give that land up and its why you are seeing world wide protest while Hamas gets away with nary a comdemnation from that side.
The Palestinians don't need to give up on anything regarding the al-Aqsa mosque because currently Jordan controls the site and Jews aren't even allowed in while Muslims can go freely. The mosque is already "theirs", Hamas just keeps using it over and over again as an excuse to inflame the area.

Last edited:

lachesis

Gold Member
Now with visual updates and audio - it would be quite something how media and protesters would move the goal post by spinning the story.

IDF took nearly 5 hours to provide the intel… but as a big org, I think that is remarkably swift response. Probably went thru a lot of double triple checks to verify. If it was U.S., it would have taken days, if not ever - saying it’s a security intel or what not…

Thing is, it’s the IDF who has to provide evidence. Media was so quick to judge, and just believed Hamas’ claim almost blindly from get go…. It’s their job to show the whole picture, and they dropped the ball yet again it seems.

FunkMiller

You can't tell who is radical and who is moderate/sensible and most people don't share their true beliefs. Better to avoid sensitive topics IRL unless you like playing Russian roulette. My doctor is a muslim and there are many things I admire about them like family values, charitable nature, simplicity etc., All I know is certain topics are off-limits with them and you don't know how they will react. I think that's a reasonable assessment to make.

I fucking can tell who is moderate or radical, because the radical ones are pretty damned obvious. You're trying to support a narrative that you 'never can tell' which Muslims are going to be normal human beings, and which are head chopping lunatics. This is rather like saying you never can tell which Christians are Sunday going parishioners with decent morals and sensible values, and which ones are steaming bigots who hate gays, choice for women, and think most of us are dying in the rapture.

See how this works?

You can absolutely tell who's normal and who isn't. usually after very little exposure to them. The lunatics don't hide themselves very well, and if you think anything different about Muslims than from anyone else, then frankly you have little to no experience being around them.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The fact it took so many outlets so long to describe what Hamas did as terrorism, but were quick to label the hospital as 'Israeli bombing' speaks many fucking awful volumes.
I'll admit I was wrong about one thing. It appears that some REEEtards actually are now gloating that they didn't fall for the Hamas bullshit...and it appears that they aren't lying. When REEEE can say the whole thing is a Hamas scam.....

JohnnyPhats

And this stupid shit dicks on REEEEE could watch live video of the failed rocket blowing up the hospital and would still have “questions.”

DrKeo

Just a quick reminder that the same body that always reports the casualty statistics, "Gaza health ministry", is part of Hamas. When you see death tolls reported, keep in mind that 16 hours ago "The Gaza health ministry" reported 500 dead from an Israeli air strike on a hospital, and then updated it to 800 dead doctors, babies, and other civilians. Now we know that the hospital wasn't hit by Israel but by Islamic Jihad, the hospital itself wasn't even hit but a parking lot full of cars, and the 800 figure was made up.

We don't know how many people died in this attack by the Islamic Jihad, it's always tragic to see civilians die, but 800 is probably more than an order of magnitude of the real number. This case was thoroughly investigated by everyone while the whole world was watching, and when we found out the truth almost every part of the "The Gaza Health Ministry" report was fake. Keep that in mind when you see numbers like "3000 dead" in Gaza. What's the real number? What happened in all the hundreds of other reports? How many of the reported civilians are actually Hamas or Islamic Jihad members? Who knows, no one.

There are 40K Hamas members in Gaza, and Israel wants to put them down. The final death toll is going to be huge even if not a single civilian will be killed, and we know that hundreds of civilians if not more will probably die. "The Gaza Health Ministry" is going to use that constantly, capitalizing on their own dead for PR and justifications of attacking Jews.

Last edited:

Kilau

Just a quick reminder that the same body that always reports the casualty statistics, "Gaza health ministry", is part of Hamas. When you see death tolls reported, keep in mind that 16 hours ago "The Gaza health ministry" reported 500 dead from an Israeli air strike on a hospital, and then updated it to 800 dead doctors, babies, and other civilians. Now we know that the hospital wasn't hit by Israel but by Islamic Jihad, the hospital itself wasn't even hit but a parking lot full of cars, and the 800 figure was made up.

We don't know how many people died in this attack by the Islamic Jihad, it's always tragic to see civilians die, but 800 is probably more than an order of magnitude of the real number. This case was thoroughly investigated by everyone while the whole world was watching, and when we found out the truth almost every part of the "The Gaza Health Ministry" report was fake. Keep that in mind when you see numbers like "3000 dead" in Gaza. What's the real number? What happened in all the hundreds of other reports? How many of the reported civilians are actually Hamas or Islamic Jihad members? Who knows, no one.

There are 40K Hamas members in Gaza, and Israel wants to put them down. The final death toll is going to be huge even if not a single civilian will be killed, and we know that hundreds of civilians if not more will probably die. "The Gaza Health Ministry" is going to use that constantly, capitalizing on their own dead for PR and justifications of attacking Jews.
Hamas knows their only hope of survival is to get the west to pressure Israel into a ceasefire. The western media is all too happy to report, as fact, statements from a terrorist group to help push that for any number of reasons, non of which are good. The western media will then cry about how so many people distrust them.

DrKeo

How long until Israel finally starts the ground attack and gets rid of all those shitheads??
I'm assuming it's going to be a surprise so currently, no one knows. I always assumed they will try to orchestrate something before they go in, maybe a commando raid on Shifa Hospital which holds the Hamas headquarters in the basment level.
Hamas knows their only hope of survival is to get the west to pressure Israel into a ceasefire. The western media is all too happy to report, as fact, statements from a terrorist group to help push that for any number of reasons, non of which are good. The western media will then cry about how so many people distrust them.
And the fighting will go on for months, if not over a year, so we will see lots of these kinds of reports all through 2024.

Last edited:

DrKeo

Thread title still hasn’t changed. You can bet your ass had the assumption in the title been to blame hamas, the user would have been perms banned for Islamophobia
Just a few pages back they talked about whether settler babies are civilians or not (not that 10/7 was an attack on settlers anyway, it happened in mainline Israel), but in the last few pages seems like a lot of users who have been quiet are calling out the way everyone there talked in the past 16 hours. Nothing will change over there, but at least a few users had enough.

JohnnyPhats

Just a few pages back they talked about whether settler babies are civilians or not (not that 10/7 was an attack on settlers anyway, it happened in mainline Israel), but in the last few pages seems like a lot of users who have been quiet are calling out the way everyone there talked in the past 16 hours. Nothing will change over there, but at least a few users had enough.
When the woke awaken. Hopefully this changes our elections next year. Now that the ACTUAL Nazis have revealed themselves

Last edited:

Romulus

And this stupid shit dicks on REEEEE could watch live video of the failed rocket blowing up the hospital and would still have “questions.”

I wonder if they even allow a balanced view of the situation. They probably squash anything that doesn't align with their echo chamber.

Sucks when you take a strong stance too early and have to stick with it. Mature humans just admit fault. I doubt they have that capability.

Edit: looks there are some opposing opinions at least.

"Freedom fighters" lmao. Keep supporting them. These dudes would literally torture and rape your entire family before brutally beheading them with a dull knife.

Last edited:
It is gratifying that Israel is not responsible for this. I have to admit when I first heard about the attack it felt "off". There was no reason for Israel to attack a hospital like this and usually when they do they give plenty of warning. However this is war and people make mistakes, pilots, chain of command all are humans and prone to errors. Hell even the US the biggest most advanced army ever to exist on the planet is prone to the odd fuck up or two. So if this had been the IDF I am pretty sure it wouldn't have been intentional.

However it doesn't really matter the narrative is written and the damage is done now and still even after Hamas BLATANTLY lied about shit we still have people reporting and taking on good faith Hamas death toll numbers.

ReBurn

Gold Member
You would think this incident will do good to stop the knee-jerk reactions and #BelievAllHamas, but nah.

No way there were 500 people there, this is clearly not an airstrike. I hope we see corrections across the board and people start asking questions. I hope.
Well then you should prepare for deafening silence as the media moves on to the next unsubstantiated statement, because they'll never admit they were wrong.

Boozeroony

Gold Member
I frequent Dutch, leftist, pro-Palestinian websites and I am noticing cracks in their anti-Israel unity. 50% of the postsers there question the blatant lies of the Palestinians regarding the hospital disaster. There is in-crowd fighting over who is right, Israel or Hamas.

Maybe I'm naive, but it seems some people on the left are waking up. At least to some degree. Let's welcome those who start questioning their beliefs

ReBurn

Gold Member
Biden just stated the hospital was caused by ”the other side” and not Israel.

That had better be because he’s seen intelligence about it, and not just grandpa talking into his cereal again.
They can get satellite images of pretty much any place on the planet almost immediately. I'm sure they knew before anyone that this was not an airstrike and that the hospital was still intact. They're just painfully slow to admit it because they want to manipulate public perception and capitalize on feelings.

JohnnyPhats

Even if it was IDF, what are they supposed to do? Continue to take the ass pounding because those pussy hamas cowards base IN civilian areas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom