• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think most did.

But they were incredibly naïve. I wouldn't go to a festival on the India/Tibet (China) border, not the one on the Bangladesh/Myanmar one.

But hey, perhaps we should all go to a festival on a border with Afghanistan! Oh, oh! How about North Korea!
I guess you could take solace in the fact that anyone murdered in a Muslim majority country had it coming to them as well

Last edited:

Leopold

I don't think most did.

But they were incredibly naïve. I wouldn't go to a festival on the India/Tibet (China) border, not the one on the Bangladesh/Myanmar one.

But hey, perhaps we should all go to a festival on a border with Afghanistan! Oh, oh! How about North Korea!

I've lived close to Gaza. It isn't even close to this bad 99.9% of the time. Doesn't compare to these places.

winjer

Gold Member
Ah yes, WWII was all about religion. So was Mao's Great Leap Forward, the Cold War, the Bolshivk Revolution, WWI, so many wars!

You forget all the other hundreds of wars caused by religion.
Estimates from historians place religion as the main cause of war in around 25% of all recorded wars and conflicts.

But even WW2 had a strong bias regarding religion. You might remember one of the targeted groups by the Nazi regime was religious: Jews.
You might also remember that the state of Vatican was signed and created by Mussolini.
Or that the first deal the Nazi's signed when they came into power was with the Catholic church, to expand the teaching of Catholicism in schools.
You might also remember that during WW2, the Nazi uniforms had written on the buckle that said "Got mit uns".

Like I said, removing religion would not eliminate war. But it would do a lot to make the world a lot more peaceful.

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
I've lived close to Gaza. It isn't even close to this bad 99.9% of the time. Doesn't compare to these places.
I was reading this morning that festivals like this one are kinda common. People on reddit were shocked cause this came out of nowhere, obviously. But apparently people usually feel safe enough in these festivals to take psychedelics and jam out to trance music in the desert.

Seems like multicultural interaction was kinda the point.

They all had it coming to them according to some here
I am amazed at what some have said in here regarding this. You can say this about most rapes. Shouldn't have walked down that street though. Guns are everywhere in America so school shootings are more likely. Doesn't make it Ok or the people who send their kids to school naive.

Havoc2049

I said quite well. Not well. I didnt say who cares. You didnt show me Palestinians suffering or being killed nor have I answered to such post.

Civilians being killed due to HAMAS in Gaza is shit, but I know Israel is not HAMAS and will not target them just because. HAMAS would. Thats the difference.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I am amazed at what some have said in here regarding this. You can say this about most rapes. Shouldn't have walked down that street though. Guns are everywhere in America so school shootings are more likely. Doesn't make it Ok or the people who send their kids to school naive.
I think people just can't grasp this. The brutality of it all. I understand how hard it is to think of the death toll, and not comprehand why people would go there.

I'm more concerned of how this was even possible. There are people watching that fence 24/7, all the fucking time, and no alarms went off. There will come a day when we find out who helped them do this.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Some sad stuff to wake up to on a Sunday morning where we take the kids to church.

Bah, people suck and religion shit sucks sometimes.

Tams

That's just plain ignorant.

All of those places, near the border (which I should have put) is safe most of the time (inside Bangladesh, India, China, South Korea, etc.), but the risk of getting injured or killed is there.

You were living in a dangerous place, you just didn't perceive it that way. That doesn't mean your perception was right.

Then again, I suspect many of the people who live in Israel near Gaza are wilfully ignorant of the danger. Israel has effectively created an open air prison out of Gaza and made resentment, or just plain hatred, of Israel the norm there.

That isn't to say there isn't great prejudice, or worse, amongst Palestinians. There absolutely is (and frankly, I'd personally avoid all of the Arab world expect for maybe Jordan).

winjer

Gold Member
One thing to consider is that Iran is probably already on the sights of the IDF. As it has helped with this attack.
First, the IDF have to deal with Hamas. But after that is controlled, Iran will probably suffer the consequences.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I could understand if Hamas was targeting military targets. Or even political targets.
But targeting civilians shows the complete lack of moral. This is the kind of thing one would expect from people in the dark ages.

They don't care. They just want blood.

Objectively speaking the only result of this attack is to rain suffering on the Palestinians who Hamas has always used as human shields and fodder for their ideological war.

There is no moral and political gain, it just incites hatred that in turn will breed more hatred.

Fine. I know my place here and will leave this thread as my presence in it clearly isn't wanted.

And your the boss, and I want to still be on these forums.
I am all for free speech so if you want to keep posting anti-semitic crap then that's fine but you are going to get opposition if you going to trivialise murdering civilians. As a proportion of the Israeli population this is like 9/11 and I remember apologists fo that bringing up Palestinians.

winjer

Gold Member
I am all for free speech so if you want to keep posting anti-semitic crap then that's fine but you are going to get opposition if you going to trivialise murdering civilians. As a proportion of the Israeli population this is like 9/11 and I remember apologists fo that bringing up Palestinians.

Freedom of speech does not mean all speech is allowed.
We can't threaten other people's lives and just whine someone is violating the right to free speech.
This includes blocking the speech of extremist groups, even in free democratic countries.
Had the Weimar republic cracked down on extremist groups, and maybe we would not have Hitler and the Nazi party.
Instead the Weimar Republic leaned on the Frei Corps, whose members then joined the Nazi party. Even the swastika came from them.

winjer

Gold Member
If all they're going to do is go after the Hamas puppets then nothing much will change.

You need to cut off the head of the snake...Iran.

The middle east will continue to be a shit show until the crazies in Tehran are taken out.

I'm sure that Iran is already on the list.
But Israel has to find some agreement with the USA. Or maybe even with Saudi Arabia.
Bin Salman's father was very anti Israel. But Bin Salman is more pragmatic and knows that their main enemy is Iran, not Israel.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I'm sure that Iran is already on the list.
But Israel has to find some agreement with the USA. Or maybe even with Saudi Arabia.
Bin Salman's father was very anti Israel. But Bin Salman is more pragmatic and knows that their main enemy is Iran, not Israel.
If there are `american hostages, and other foreign nationals, they could join Israel in`war.

Last edited:

Bojji

I've seen so many accounts on Twitter with the "I support Palestine" flag. All of them left wing. All of them clearly don't understand this attack came from the Hamas controlled Gaza Strip. A regime that is totally at odds with these people's left wing values. Do they even know that homosexuality is a crime in Gaza and punished with a long prison sentence?

It seems like people are just randomly taking sides in a conflict they know next to nothing about.

Most of them are useful morons similar to that NPC meme, they don't think about what they are "supporting", just copy other people they support.

It's similar to how much some feminists like Muslims and Muslim countries when in majority of them woman are treated like dogs. Internet showed us the amount of stupid people on this planet.

Freedom of speech does not mean all speech is allowed.
We can't threaten other people's lives and just whine someone is violating the right to free speech.
This includes blocking the speech of extremist groups, even in free democratic countries.
Had the Weimar republic cracked down on extremist groups, and maybe we would not have Hitler and the Nazi party.
Instead the Weimar Republic leaned on the Frei Corps, whose members then joined the Nazi party. Even the swastika came from them.
I think this is something we will disagree on but that's fine as we are free to disagree. I get the sentiment but in practice it doesn't work in my opinion. Mainly because everyone has a different belief as to what is extreme. In China, comparing the leader to Winne the Pooh is extreme. Also Hitler went to prison and it made him more popular. Which is normally what happens. I don't like listening to absolute crap but won't go away by banning it. The Nazis never went anywhere.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I am pretty certain that this will go down in history as just a big a tragedy as 9/11.

I am speechless.
It is, proportionally it's as if 25,000 Americans died from a single terror attack.

My brother and a friend got called to the reserve, everyone was. I hope the US joins so that the world won't say shit when necessary things that need to happen, happen.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Americans are very likely to support Israel in attacking Iran.
And with Iran supporting Russia and Hamas, it would mean a huge blow to this trifecta of evil.
The main issue is Biden is a weak leader, and Trump also won't send anyone to war. Those days are gone, no leader wants to see caskets anymore.

Although it's better for the Western world to start this and finish, instead of waiting for it to happen.

Jinzo Prime

It is, proportionally it's as if 25,000 Americans died from a single terror attack.

My brother and a friend got called to the reserve, everyone was. I hope the US joins so that the world won't say shit when necessary things that need to happen, happen.

Americans are very likely to support Israel in attacking Iran.
And with Iran supporting Russia and Hamas, it would mean a huge blow to this trifecta of evil.

I don't think most Americans want to get involved with another Middle Eastern quagmire. But I don't really see a solution that doesn't involve fighting. This is going to be a political mess either way.

winjer

Gold Member
I don't think most Americans want to get involved with another Middle Eastern quagmire. But I don't really see a solution that doesn't involve fighting. This is going to be a political mess either way.

It's not about doing an Iraq style invasion, like Bush did.
It's about bombing the crap out of all military bases and factories in Iran.

jason10mm

Gold Member
If there are `american hostages, and other foreign nationals, they could join Israel in`war.
I imagine that any non Israeli citizen will get released. If concern for those specific hostages is paramount, then NOT joining in the fight and negotiating for their release is the most likely path. Of course with a nation like the US, Hamas probably figures that as soon as they release any American hostages the US will start attacking. Then again, the US will probably start fighting no matter what. But releasing non-Israelis as soon and as publicly as possible is a good PR move for Hamas. The dual citizens are the edge case. Alas, the Israeli hostages are the ones with little hope. Normally I'd expect a protracted hostage situation but given that this whole thing started with atrocities I'm not sure Hamas could really do anything to pivot to being "the good guys" in world opinion (assuming there is anyone left without a fixed stance already) so they may just execute them as an internal rally cry.

Also likely there is little central control with Hamas, so some of these hostages are basically caught by rabble, undisciplined young men in particular, and that's a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Kar

The world seeing these horrors and acting surprised is beyond infuriating.

Last edited:

RedC

The main issue is Biden is a weak leader, and Trump also won't send anyone to war. Those days are gone, no leader wants to see caskets anymore.

Although it's better for the Western world to start this and finish, instead of waiting for it to happen.
It's not that no leader wants to see caskets anymore. It's simply weighing the pros and cons, risks and benefits, from such actions in the short and long term.

I don't know how Americans feel today after seeing the Hamas attacks on Israel, however, I know a lot of Americans grew tired of being involved in decades of war and occupation in the Middle East.

However, Israel is a very important ally to America so we're highly likely to get involved. To what degree will be the question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom