• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the first thing I was taught in school. The golden rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

The fuck happened.
I keep seeing this thing pop up on my Xbox (there was a Games thread about it a while ago) saying they uphold the “Platinum” Rule. Which is:

“Treat others as they want to be treated.”

Seems innocent enough, but I thought about it, and it’s really yet just another subversion of a societal norm. The Golden rule requires self reflection, introspection, and thought about individual and inherent human wants/desires/rights. It’s basic shit like “Hey I like living, so maybe I shouldn’t kill anyone.”
The basic premise is be good/decent to others and they’ll be good to you, and it usually pays off.

The problem is, in modern times that doesn’t jive with the scores of people who like to play victim and get sympathy/shut out criticisms by crying about “lived experiences” and such. It’s not good enough that you treat someone with basic courtesy, you have to walk on eggshells and constantly appease their sensibilities/main character complexes. Everything with these people is about oppression Olympics and appeasement. So you treat them how they want to be treated, or you’re a bigot.

Sorry to go off topic but I honestly think that’s a symptom of our ever increasingly narcissistic society.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Cute that he says "Scotland." That Scottish name and family crest he's carrying.

Anywho,

I am partially scottish and, according to the mindset of one side of extremists, that enables me to speak for all of Scotland. At least if I were to take a chapter out of Tlaib's book. Scotland vehemently denies the idea and concept that Israel is in the wrong and Humza Yousef is a traitor to Scotland. Fuck Hamas and all those who stand with them.

The HonestReporting story is getting traction:

Every day I feel more and more disgusting with this country. What in the ever living hell.

I keep seeing this thing pop up on my Xbox (there was a Games thread about it a while ago) saying they uphold the “Platinum” Rule. Which is:

“Treat others as they want to be treated.”

Seems innocent enough, but I thought about it, and it’s really yet just another subversion of a societal norm. The Golden rule requires self reflection, introspection, and thought about individual and inherent human wants/desires/rights. It’s basic shit like “Hey I like living, so maybe I shouldn’t kill anyone.”
The basic premise is be good/decent to others and they’ll be good to you, and it usually pays off.

The problem is, in modern times that doesn’t jive with the scores of people who like to play victim and get sympathy/shut out criticisms by crying about “lived experiences” and such. It’s not good enough that you treat someone with basic courtesy, you have to walk on eggshells and constantly appease their sensibilities/main character complexes. Everything with these people is about oppression Olympics and appeasement. So you treat them how they want to be treated, or you’re a bigot.

Sorry to go off topic but I honestly think that’s a symptom of our ever increasingly narcissistic society.

I am not too surprised. It wasn't so long ago that MS did a full presentation where they spent 5-10 minutes describing what they looked like, their clothes, sexual orientation, and preferences before presenting.

The "Platinum rule" is idiotic and only leads to more victimhood dynamics. It is entirely one sided and lacks any personal responsibility. If you want to be treated like a King/Queen, you treat others as such as well. With the Platinum rule, you don't need to, but can demand that others uphold the one sided bargain.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
See that? Palestine loves their Pride!

"Journalist" plants.
Well, our media box of Crayons only has two colors in it unfortunately and they're funny shaped Crayons at that. 4 yellows (one shaped like a moon, one like a star, one like a sickle and one like a hammer) and the rest of them are red. Is it possible the journalistic media just ate the other colors or has them hidden somewhere...

Artoris

Gold Member
One of the few things to look forward to at the next general election is this dickhead getting absolutely annihilated at the polls.

He’s destroyed 20 years worth of SNP progress in under 6 months.
We must not forget about Sturgeon

The cognitive dissonance is strong with these morons.

t2Ipw2m.jpg

Retarded stoner guy got destroyed lmao

BlackTron

These are some jaw-dropping, stunning tweets. The media collision. The only way to make Gal Gadot even sexier. And turns out in the time it took to read those, IDF finished clearing the map.

MrA

If he cares about the innocent people he should be urging: Hamas to surrender; and for everyone with knowledge of where the terrorists are to report the same to Israel. Short of that he is proposing to let Hamas rape and murder with impunity in my opinion.

this jag-off is upset that everywhere he goes in Scotland 96% white scotland is white, he's a bigot that can just hide behind victim status

these poor kids are just as much Hamas' victims as the Israeli, The Israeli's need unwavering support till Hamas is left in the dustbin of history
when this is all over part of the surrender agreement must require that neither UN nor the Palestinians can administer their schools until a deradicalized generation has gone through schools

jason10mm

Gold Member
They know where to find the Hamas top wealth leaders. They know what penthouses they're living the life on luxury in. If they really wanted to, they can take them out.
I imagine the US is paying Israel several billion a week to NOT do that very thing as that probably would kick off a major wider war.

GladiusFrog

Has anyone here been watching Steve Lookners stream?

The Fighting has been gaining in intensity as the IDF closes in on the Hospital. Been watching for the past five or so hours.

chlorate

Israel’s public image is out of date. They need to elect a charismatic Mizrahi PM who is actually brown instead of just Netanyahu over and over again. It’s not even that he needs to have different political positions than Netanyahu, today’s West just doesn’t want to see the same old white guy every election. Bennett is even whiter and not particularly charismatic.

Do they have a good actor who could get into politics?

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Israel’s public image is out of date. They need to elect a charismatic Mizrahi PM who is actually brown instead of just Netanyahu over and over again. It’s not even that he needs to have different political positions than Netanyahu, today’s West just doesn’t want to see the same old white guy every election. Bennett is even whiter and not particularly charismatic.

Serious The Four GIF by Diddy

hyperbertha

Why? Most middle easternians are pretty light skinned. So far all Palestinians I've seen are the exact same color as Israelis. They look the same.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Who knew Hillary could be so clear on this subject. She was first lady when Clinton tried to make peace, Secratey of State when Olmert tried. She knows it's sorta hopeless.

Of course Sunny is trying to blame Israel for it all, because she's a dumb fuck with zero knowledge who quotes Obama *Eyeroll*. Hopefully Hillary made some of their audience understand what's what.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Who knew Hillary could be so clear on this subject. She was first lady when Clinton tried to make peace, Secratey of State when Olmert tried. She knows it's sorta hopeless.

Of course Sunny is trying to blame Israel for it all, because she's a dumb fuck with zero knowledge who quotes Obama *Eyeroll*. Hopefully Hillary made some of their audience understand what's what.

It's been so long since we've had an educated and experienced politician talk I've almost forgotten what it sounds like :p

Of course Hillary is on the outside, so its easy for her to sound clear and decisive because she doesn't have to actually execute anything. But it's refreshing that she is pretty clear on HAMAS=BAD side of things, where the rest of the centrist dems at?

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
It's been so long since we've had an educated and experienced politician talk I've almost forgotten what it sounds like :p

Of course Hillary is on the outside, so its easy for her to sound clear and decisive because she doesn't have to actually execute anything. But it's refreshing that she is pretty clear on HAMAS=BAD side of things, where the rest of the centrist dems at?
You see Sunny much like Obama trying to both-side this. If you actually look at actions it's clear Israel want nothing to do with Palestinians and move on already, and Palestinians still stuck in having it all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom