• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The vote was 234 yea and 188 nay, she's not going anywhere. Only 22 Democrats voted to censure her.
Yep. They need their radical division sowers.
The Joker Film GIF by hoppip

Last edited:

Havoc2049

This is also what I was wondering and pardon my super ignorance. Is this bitch going to see no real consequences out of this? I get its her right to be an asshole, but shes also stoking the fires of the entire shitshow going on. I figured this wouldve been the thing that got her booted out of Congress. I was really hoping for it.
They lose their committee seats as well and have to stand before Congress as their censure resolution is read before Congress.

It is usually for pretty serious offenses. Although the last one was strait up clown world partisan politics. Rep. Paul Gosar from Arizona was censured along party lines when the Dems were in control of Congress. Gosar posted a satirical pro-border security video because of the migrant crisis on the southern border and was censured.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
They lose their committee seats as well and have to stand before Congress as their censure resolution is read before Congress.

It is usually for pretty serious offenses. Although the last one was strait up clown world partisan politics. Rep. Paul Gosar from Arizona was censured along party lines when the Dems were in control of Congress. Gosar posted a satirical pro-border security video because of the migrant crisis on the southern border and was censured.

Yeah, the hope is that it opens her up to a challenger who is more rational, balanced, and has some sense of dignity. While this kind of grandstanding probably plays well to the rabble voter, its her actual performance in Congress that gets the industry and community leaders of her district behind her campaign, if she becomes ineffectual then hopefully they will dump her.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
The funny thing is the cafe owner talks about the baristas being college-educated kids who think they know everything, meanwhile he is only 25 himself. It doesn't take much seniority to make college kids look like idiots does it.
25-years old is plenty of time. Age doesn't indicate our intuition and conscience of what is morally right or wrong. Not to derail, but take James Cromwell super gluing his hand to a Starbucks counter recently; how old was he? Last part you wrote nails it.
It doesn't take much seniority to make college kids look like idiots does it.
What I really love is the Merch they are drowning in. It's like they're going to a Taylor Swift concert. Hey gurl, yeah give me that shirt, ooooh that scarf is like to die for, oh, oh, and how much does that radical head band costs?
Does certainly seem that way. I don't care for celebrities but noticed there's pressure for her to join the Nazis too. She's Hollywood, so whether she gives into the #SwiftiesForPalestine freaks; publicists will likely advise she issues a 'both sides' statement and wave the moron flag.

On this note, this is far more extreme to what I was seeing the years post-9/11. When I started college, there were humanities courses which were telling students about the difference between Shia and Sunni Muslims. Whole idea of that was so people wouldn't feel anger toward Islam or muslim followers post-9/11; rather get to know their religion had a 'peaceful' side and embrace them. This was in like 2002-2003 when I saw it. If that was happening back then, West is baked into Islam acceptance...so the narrative will sound much more like 'mullah' giving the pro-Palestine / Hamas brainwashing.
"Islamophobia is a term created by commies and used by retards, to breed mass retardation."

How accurate.
Fixed that for you.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I never saw the left identifying with Al Quada or Isis so I don't understand why so many are defensive of Hamas. There is something really sinister going on here.
We were sharing links in here. Radical Islamic states were funding western schools, media, and colleges the past 15+ years to help with the indoctrination shift.

Over a decade of radical indoctrination is all that's needed.

belmarduk

I never saw the left identifying with Al Quada or Isis so I don't understand why so many are defensive of Hamas. There is something really sinister going on here.

Not all of us. Its just people who aren't well educated in history and have very simplistic world views.

Most people barely know the holocaust but aren't aware at all that Jewish people endured horrible mistreatment for over a thousand years (inquisition, pogroms, purges etc etc etc) There needs to be a Jewish state... and Muslims have 53 countries. Not to mention that nearly all Muslim countries with large Jewish populations expelled said Jewish populations.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
I remember the first thing I was taught in school. The golden rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

The fuck happened.
The golden rule along with a list of other things became an offense and thus was optional (for certain public / private schools). Or, in my extreme cases...just omitted outright and replaced. The last I heard post-grad was the replacement being nothing of merit. Just words like: tolerance, coexistence et al. Which is divisive as educational leaders can throw their own spin on words like that. Golden rule is pretty direct without question and would dare I say: lead people to question the ethics of what they do or follow.

Ulysses 31

I remember the first thing I was taught in school. The golden rule. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

The fuck happened.
As Christopher Hitchens said about that rule: the weakness of that rule it that's only as good as the person saying it. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Live and let live, do not assume what's best for others and do not harm.

The fuck happened.
Smart phones and the internet.
Times were much better before this tech worked its way into our lives. People are more disconnected from human interaction these days. So easy to be a armchair quarterback.

Dural

Eh, the left has been defending Islam, and Palestine in particular, for years. Jimmy Carter's book came out in 2006, I started hearing Isamophobia from them not long after 9/11. It seems to have really started in the early 2000s.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

“Our streets have been filled with people literally tripping over themselves in their eagerness to demonstrate that they cannot distinguish between those who intentionally kill babies and those who inadvertently kill them... If you’re waving the flag of people who murder non-combatants intentionally, killing parents in front of their children and children in front of their parents, burning people alive at a music festival devoted to peace, and decapitating others and dragging their dismembered bodies through the streets — all to shouts of ‘God is Great’... If you have landed, proudly and sanctimoniously on the wrong side of this asymmetry, this vast gulf between savagery and civilization, while marching through the quad of an Ivy League university... I’m not sure it matters that your moral confusion is due to the fact that you just happen to hate Jews — whether you’re an antisemite or just an apologist for atrocity is probably immaterial. The crucial point is that you are dangerously confused about the moral norms and political sympathies that make life in this world worth living." -Sam Harris

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
The cognitive dissonance is strong with these morons.

I feel like everyone excusing Hamas and decrying the ongoing deaths of innocent Palestinians should be asked that question. If Hamas surrenders and all hostages are returned then not a single more innocent has to die. If someone can not call for Hamas to surrender knowing that, then not only are they hypocrites but they are actively weaponizing and encouraging the death of those innocents.

Ask every one of them that question. This shouldn't be morally confusing at all.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Welp. The link has all the details and evidence.

Seems possible that these folks were just swept up in the movement across the border due to proximity. Unlikely they were totally unaware that SOMETHING was happening though, not sure just what obligation they would have (if they were basically freelance) to report anything.

Def wouldn't want my name out there where Mossad can see it though. I've a sneaking suspicion every Palestinian that crossed the border to participate is gonna be a high life insurance risk :p But their photos helps the IDF identify the bad guys and track hostages as well (though Hamas themselves did a pretty good job). Seems like a lot of 'journalists' are pretty willing to pander to Hamas just for continued access.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

Few pages back I suggested this. If I were able to get all the footage into editing, I'd call for a theatrical screening. Put Affleck in front row too if she's really up to doing these. The few who walk away the wiser will know what all their 'Palestine relief money' went into...

They in part funded this massacre. Credit where it's due and people need to be held accountable.

LordOfChaos

Hamas has lost control in the north, IDF says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom