• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mihos

Gold Member
We got rid of some antisemites here...Do your best down there, 'Murica

I absolutely agree with him. She has a constitutional right to be a peice of shit.

I would defend her on that.. the second she acts upon it, the gloves are off.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
I don't want to derail, but I think something is lost. I don't feel like we've gotten actual breakthrough tech in the past decade or so. It seems like we iterate on things, making them better, but nothing breakthrough that changes the paradigm.
To be fair, we just went through a 200 year period where we would have several breakthroughs a decade. That is abnormal and unsustainable. Through most of human history we'd be lucky to have maybe 1 breakthrough a century. We're do for an extended period of cultural and scientific stagnation

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
To be fair, we just went through a 200 year period where we would have several breakthroughs a decade. That is abnormal and unsustainable. Through most of human history we'd be lucky to have maybe 1 breakthrough a century. We're do for an extended period of cultural and scientific stagnation
A lot of innovation the past 200 years was based on physical/machinery/quality kind of stuff. The past 20 years since the net came about a lot of tech innovation seems PC/smartphone focused where the innovation is social aspects, digital life and things online based.

Although one physical thing that really skyrocketed since online came about is shipping products is fast and cheap. Especially if someone lives in a city where the key online sellers have distribution centres. You get shit in 2 days max free shipping. There's zero point for me to do Amazon Prime when I get things in 2 days anyway. There have been times I got a delivery on a Sunday!

If this was the 80s and 90s ordering shit would take forever. I remember my bros and I ordering games through magazine cut out forms and it'd be 4-6 weeks even for local stuff. Delivery just wasnt a focus or fast back then. I ordered something from China years ago (those shady knockoff sellers) and got it in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
If this was the 80s and 90s ordering shit would take forever. I remember my bros and I ordering games through magazine cut out forms and it'd be 4-6 weeks even for local stuff. Delivery just wasnt a focus or fast back then. I ordered something from China years ago (those shady knockoff sellers) and got it in 2 weeks.
I remember my dad buying EarthBound from a catelogue when it came out in the 90s. It look like 2 months.

On the flip side, I work in shipping so I'm pretty familiar with the sort of pressure and demands, not to mention price sensitivity. It's pretty stressful, and from a societal view I'm not sure how much of a convenience fast / cheap shipping is to my industries collective mental health. Society can afford to be a little slower.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member

IMG-0144.jpg

The news media is doing this all over the place. They’re all using the word “altercation” as if the Jewish man had it coming. Apparently he wasn’t murdered or had it coming. He was hit in the head by a megaphone and died. That’s murder.

Wildebeest

Censure means absolutely nothing in US politics, right? If a politician feels no shame, they can immediately go back to posting pro-nazi slogans on Twitter with no consequence?

FunkMiller

Hopefully people are starting to see how compromised and complicit the media is and has been for a long time.

Have to say, Sky News have being doing a pretty good job. Currently a woman on talking about her son still being held hostage. Their coverage in general has felt pretty even handed. Haven’t even watched BBC. But then I haven’t watched BBC news in decades.

winjer

Gold Member
Haven’t even watched BBC. But then I haven’t watched BBC news in decades.

The BBC, a channel that for decades were demonizing the Irish as terrorist, but then pretends that Hamas are just freedom fighters. The hypocrisy s very strong with the muppets.
Then again, Hamas and the BBC agree in protecting pedophiles.

FunkMiller

What are they teaching in schools?

https://www.newsweek.com/terror-watch-its-time-rethink-our-relationship-qatar-opinion-1834604

A litany of evidence supports the claim that Qatar has a long history of working with terrorists. Qatari funds and political support have reportedly made their way to groups like the Janjaweed who carried out the infamous genocide in Darfur, Sudan, to various branches of Al Qaeda, and to the Taliban. According to a 2017 congressional hearing, a top Qatari official "provided support" to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks. Top U.S. officials have said that Qatar created a "permissive terrorist financing environment."

Qatar has spent many millions on public relations firms in the U.S. and other Western countries and has spent billions of dollar on top U.S. colleges, including Cornell University and premier U.S. think tanks on both sides of the aisle, including the Brookings Institution and Atlantic Council.

Pro terrorist nation gives a lot of money to US colleges. Always follow the money.

Last edited:

Neo_GAF

Banned

A ADiTAR I know you’re in Israel. Have you heard that the plan is to stay in Gaza indefinitely? I’m sorry people, but if this is a virtual annexation of Gaza from Israel I can’t not see this as the official start of WWIII. It sounds uber-catastrophic but it’s how my pessimism is predicting this to go.
this was said with 9/11, when the shit crimea happened and when russia tried to overrun ukraine. now this.
no one cares about gaza, even the other arabs dont want palestinians in their country.

jason10mm

Gold Member

See, if Jews instead went on violent, murderous rampages then the media would be TERRIFIED of them and only write nice things.

But noooooooo Jews be all calm and rational and supportive and take their beatings like a good little people so its safe to cast them in the role of bad guy.

You can see it all through media, the way they infantilize the behavior norms of people of color as if "they don't know no better and it can't be helped" while non POC people are just supposed to act with dignity and self control at all times.

It's insulting, really, it's not like I was born to riot but the media sure treats us like that's how it is.

What I really love is the Merch they are drowning in. It's like they're going to a Taylor Swift concert. Hey gurl, yeah give me that shirt, ooooh that scarf is like to die for, oh, oh, and how much does that radical head band costs?
They are mostly detached from reality. Israel should just show a couple of Hamas videos to them and they won't be as happy as now.

DrKeo

Question to people from Israel: Just watched an interview on ard (which has the biggest news show in germany) tagesthemen with this journalist named Gideon Levy. He claims media in Israel since Oct 7 basically 'never' (he said not more than 2-3 seconds) show images from Gaza regarding the civilians there. Is that true?
He also claimed people in Israel dont care about other people and only about themselves. Whole interview made it sound like this whole thing is only about revenge for Israelis.
Gideon Levi is as far left as you can get, I would almost call him a troll, so keep that in mind while listening to him. In Israel, most people are just scared after 7/10. The far-right wants pure revenge, turn Gaza into a parking lot. The rest of the country wants to see Hamas wiped from the face of the earth. Other than some far-left groups no one wants a ceasefire until Hamas is gone. And I'm pretty sure no one knows what we want to do with Gaza after Hamas is gone, but most of the country doesn't want to stay there and no one wants the same status quo we had before 7/10.

I would say the official objectives of the war describe the current Israeli state of mind best - bring the hostages back and wipe out Hamas.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

What I really love is the Merch they are drowning in. It's like they're going to a Taylor Swift concert. Hey gurl, yeah give me that shirt, ooooh that scarf is like to die for, oh, oh, and how much does that radical head band costs?
Only if it’s ethnically sourced and manufactured from Certified B company, otherwise I’m not buying.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

Lot to unpack there.

These ladies think that the Jews living in Israel should pack up and "go back to where they came from".

Interesting. Considering they also believe the US is stolen land, does this mean they'll be packing up and going back to where they're family originated from? If not, why not? Do they also think that non-Europeans living in Europe should go back to their place of family origin? No? Didn't think so.

They should just come out and say they hate Jews and want to see the end of Israel. Just be honest about their bigotry.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Lot to unpack there.

These ladies think that the Jews living in Israel should pack up and "go back to where they came from".

Interesting. Considering they also believe the US is stolen land, does this mean they'll be packing up and going back to where they're family originated from? If not, why not? Do they also think that non-Europeans living in Europe should go back to their place of family origin? No? Didn't think so.

They should just come out and say they hate Jews and want to see the end of Israel. Just be honest about their bigotry.
They're literally cognitively stunted.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Censure means absolutely nothing in US politics, right? If a politician feels no shame, they can immediately go back to posting pro-nazi slogans on Twitter with no consequence?

This is also what I was wondering and pardon my super ignorance. Is this bitch going to see no real consequences out of this? I get its her right to be an asshole, but shes also stoking the fires of the entire shitshow going on. I figured this wouldve been the thing that got her booted out of Congress. I was really hoping for it.

Dural

This is also what I was wondering and pardon my super ignorance. Is this bitch going to see no real consequences out of this? I get its her right to be an asshole, but shes also stoking the fires of the entire shitshow going on. I figured this wouldve been the thing that got her booted out of Congress. I was really hoping for it.

The vote was 234 yea and 188 nay, she's not going anywhere. Only 22 Democrats voted to censure her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom