• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberpunkd

Hillary like her or not is 100% right. She witnessed her husband try and bring peace to the region and fail because Palestine does not want it.
People still don’t learn history and forget that under the UN plan for the end of British Mandate in Palestine two countries were supposed to be created - Israel and Palestine with clear borders and land mass.

Israel was in support of it.
Arabs refused and attacked Israel the day it declared independence.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

laynelane

I question the weaponization of the word; Phobia?

What happened? A fear of? It used to belong to doctors of medicine... how the fuck did these lunatics turn it into a word that basically means "hateful?" How did "FEARFUL" Become "HATEFUL"?

I've noticed that too. It seems words like that have been co-opted for quite a while now in the cancel culture movement of certain environments by some people and groups. Now that it's being used on an even wider scale, it's become even clearer how misused and weaponized it's become.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

I loved when he was working on that peace deal in the middle east and those who didn't like him were like "Yea but he's only doing it to get attention and a potential noble peace prize". In my head I was thinking "and?". Who cares about the motivation so long as the end result is something positive for literally the entire world. But people thrive on identity politics so they have to disagree and go as far as hating their "enemy" even if it's detrimental to their own livelihood.
Reminds me of something... 🤔

It doesn't matter how good your intentions are there will always be some wankers who go against it. It's the reason we're in this fucked up situation. Shitty people being poisonous shitty people.

Love him or hate him, Douglas always hits the nail on the head. Personally, I love the bloke, but he's another that the useless people love to hate

Isn't it weird that the people who say or do the right things are the ones vehemently hated on by the so called 'do gooders'

Bit odd that..

Wildebeest

What happened? A fear of? It used to belong to doctors of medicine... how the fuck did these lunatics turn it into a word that basically means "hateful?" How did "FEARFUL" Become "HATEFUL"?
I don't think it is accurate or useful based on psychology. The main motivation for hate is now understood to be love. An excessive love for one group causing a hatred for another whenever anything happens to them due to an outsider group. The thing about Jews is that they are a global minority group of exiles and wanderers who are almost always seen an outsider group, which makes them a big target for hatred. If you look at who the Nazis targetted for extermination it wasn't only the Jews but first their strongest political opponents (the social democrats), then it was a shopping list of outsider groups, of which the Jews were the biggest group.

Trying to be aware of thought processes like this is why emotional intelligence is an essential tool for engaging rationally with these topics. If you are feeling strong emotions it isn't good for trying to find some civilised settlement, but it's great for genocide and terrorism, if people want to see more of that.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Maybe Ayn Rand was right and all the STEM reddit atheists should leave and form a colony that actually does productive things without all the theocratic maniacs with edgy takes like "liberal-democracy is the worst" who just want to kill each other all the time.

BlackTron

Thing is when the time comes there will be more angry social science mob people than intelligent business and law people. IE how the police are afraid in London like today. Nazis went after all the intellectual people early. Can't be having competent dissent.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I haven't been keeping up with the thread - life in Israel is currently hectic to say the least - but if this hasn't been shared yet it's a must watch.

Before the October attacks, an Israeli journalist interviewed Palestinians who managed to escape to Europe, where they were able to express their opinions somewhat more safely.

[Corrected my previous statement which was incorrect] I wonder if other journalists had approached them at the time, or since the attacks...

Last edited:

nkarafo

I think the logic behind this is that most "phobias" are irrational fears. And when you fear of something you end up hating it. The difference with islamophobia though is that it's not irrational. Being afraid of islam and it's influence in countries where it's spread is very reasonable. Such fear can also lead to hate but is it completely unreasonable to hate back someone who hates you because you exist? Or someone who will take your freedoms away when they get the chance?

It doesn't matter how good your intentions are there will always be some wankers who go against it.
Thing is, even if Mr Beast's intentions are to take advantage of those situations to gain more fame and money, if it benefits more people than him then who cares, there should't be a problem. I don't care if the person who cured my blindness did it for fame and doesn't really care about me. What matters is that i can see. So you can still disagree with his intentions (if they are indeed so) but not his actions that actually help people in the end.

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
these poor kids are just as much Hamas' victims as the Israeli, The Israeli's need unwavering support till Hamas is left in the dustbin of history
when this is all over part of the surrender agreement must require that neither UN nor the Palestinians can administer their schools until a deradicalized generation has gone through schools
In a just world there would be an independent investigation conducted into the UN as well...

I wonder if they shouldn't just be defunded and replaced by a different organization, one that doesn't give equal weight to democracies and dictatorships. NATO, for example.

chlorate

Why? Most middle easternians are pretty light skinned. So far all Palestinians I've seen are the exact same color as Israelis. They look the same.
My idea goes against the Palestinian propaganda that Israelis are European colonists in a way that the average suburban American is smart enough to comprehend.

Reminds me of something... 🤔

It doesn't matter how good your intentions are there will always be some wankers who go against it. It's the reason we're in this fucked up situation. Shitty people being poisonous shitty people.

Love him or hate him, Douglas always hits the nail on the head. Personally, I love the bloke, but he's another that the useless people love to hate

Isn't it weird that the people who say or do the right things are the ones vehemently hated on by the so called 'do gooders'

Bit odd that..

How long before someone makes an attempt on Murray's life?

'those men died so others could have the right to protest' Fuck off Piers, you complete dickhead. Bloviating, masturbatory nonsense whilst the world burns.

Yes, I'm sure all one million of them that died during the Great War love the fact that their monuments to their memory are being defiled, that their great grand-daughters are being raped on an industrial scale, that they're being blown up during concerts by an utterly alien population and religion which was invited in long after their war ended. Absolutely, that's why they fought and died, you complete piece of shit.

We've now got that idiotic twat of a first minister north of the border in Scotland attempting to bring over Palestinians to his own country. As if Scotland itself isn't merely in the lull period of a century long sectarian spree of violence which could kick off again at any moment. Especially now that childish Celtic fans are waving that shit fucking Palestinian flag about and have hitched their wagon to a war over a thousand miles away. Lads... my blood pressure.

Korranator

It's been so long since we've had an educated and experienced politician talk I've almost forgotten what it sounds like :p

Of course Hillary is on the outside, so its easy for her to sound clear and decisive because she doesn't have to actually execute anything. But it's refreshing that she is pretty clear on HAMAS=BAD side of things, where the rest of the centrist dems at?
Don't let her fool you, Hillary is not a centrist. She's just talking truth for once instead of typical double speak Clintonial bullshit. She's up to something...

jason10mm

Gold Member

Oh noes, you mean there are CONSEQUENCES for shit I post online????

And are we just gonna skip to the chase and talk about that female cop? Yowzah!

Though the ponytail, JFC ladies, bob that shit when on duty, if shit went down bad that control handle to her head is the first thing a bad guy is grabbing. I see this stuff in the US as well, if you are gonna be going into harms way you gotta make a choice about that hairstyle.

tommib

You know you're in the twilight zone when you wake up one morning and Hilary Clinton is making sense to you.

The whole fucking world is upside down.
Clinton is a classic liberal, like Biden. They know who the real world enemies are. They haven’t been brainwashed by the intersectional fraud of critical theory. Biden is just being bullied recently by the Democrat fringe system. Compare his first speech after the massacre to the toned down, mediated approach he now has.

Hilary witnessed with Clinton the suicide bombings in buses during the 90s killing children in Jerusalem while peace talks were being made. She knows there’s no way out except destroying Hamas and freeing Palestine from a terrorist government.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Clinton is a classical liberal, like Biden. They know who the real world enemies are. They haven’t been brainwashed by the intersectional fraud of critical theory. Biden is just being bullied recently by the Democrat fringe system. Compare his first speech after the massacre to the toned down, mediated approach he now has.

Hilary witnessed with Clinton the suicide bombing in buses during the 90s killing children in Jerusalem while peace talks were being made. She knows there’s no way out except destroying Hamas and freeing Palestine from a terrorist government.
Hillary is a warhawk, remember her glee when Qaddafi went down and her callousness with Benghazi. I'm not saying I supper HER, just that she can articulate a point in a way a lot of recent politicians are incapable of as they just hunt for that 5 second soundbite. Also helps that the View ladies knew when to STFU and let her talk.

LordOfChaos

And are we just gonna skip to the chase and talk about that female cop? Yowzah!

Though the ponytail, JFC ladies, bob that shit when on duty, if shit went down bad that control handle to her head is the first thing a bad guy is grabbing. I see this stuff in the US as well, if you are gonna be going into harms way you gotta make a choice about that hairstyle.

She could definitely pay me a visit and throw me around a bit if she wanted

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

How long before someone makes an attempt on Murray's life?
I have wondered that myself..

'those men died so others could have the right to protest' Fuck off Piers, you complete dickhead. Bloviating, masturbatory nonsense whilst the world burns.
Piers is an utter twat bag. How the bloke seems to skate through his two faced nonsense time and again is beyond me. Remember him during Covid? What a prick.

Yes, I'm sure all one million of them that died during the Great War love the fact that their monuments to their memory are being defiled, that their great grand-daughters are being raped on an industrial scale, that they're being blown up during concerts by an utterly alien population and religion which was invited in long after their war ended. Absolutely, that's why they fought and died, you complete piece of shit.
I know both my ggrandadswho fought during the war would be turning in their grave at the sight of some of this. It beggers belief.

These people don't even have common courtesy, let alone anything else.

We've now got that idiotic twat of a first minister north of the border in Scotland attempting to bring over Palestinians to his own country.
He's so charming though? No agenda there. None whatsoever..

tommib

The goal of Hamas’s October 7 massacres in southern Israel was to “change the entire equation,” bring permanent war to Israel’s borders and renew attention to the Palestinian cause, a senior member of the terror group’s politburo in Qatar said.

“We succeeded in putting the Palestinian issue back on the table, and now no one in the region is experiencing calm,” Al-Hayya said, confirming that he considered the attacks a success.

Last edited:

NickFire

He's a liar who is trying to save face before all his friends die and get sent to hell.

They thought Israel wouldn't invade because of international pressure. Now they're hiding in tunnels like rats, and trying to flee the country like dogs. If that's his definition of success there were probably a few dozen too many cousins in his family tree.

Dr.D00p

Piers is an utter twat bag. How the bloke seems to skate through his two faced nonsense time and again is beyond me. Remember him during Covid? What a prick.

I know both my ggrandadswho fought during the war would be turning in their grave at the sight of some of this. It beggers belief.

He's just about typical for your average, everyday bigoted Scottish separatist twat.

Dr.Morris79

Dougs on a roll today..

I dread to think what could happen Sunday. Normally these things in the UK are a fart in the wind, this one feels like people will get hurt though.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
she doesn't have to actually execute anything
There's a joke in there somewhere.

She did go on rambling (in that very show) that Trump was Hitler and all the things she accused him of doing, her side are actually the ones doing. She's a great Goebbels-like speaker, yes. That show is just low brow fodder.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

The most racist people are always the ones who bring up race.

jason10mm

Gold Member
There's a joke in there somewhere.

She did go on rambling (in that very show) that Trump was Hitler and all the things she accused him of doing, her side are actually the ones doing. She's a great Goebbels-like speaker, yes. That show is just low brow fodder.
Heh hhe. Yeah, she, like a lot of folks, can go off the rails when left to talk too long. Doesn't mean she can't have a good point every now and then though.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties

Saw someone talking about how fear of something can lead to a hatred. Sometimes. The weaponization of the word is due to humanities teachers NOT learning Greek and their difficulties using more accurate words in Greek like 'misos.' It was ingrained with socio movements in the late-90's. Why Islamophobia or why use this mantra (for those who don't know)? You're making them the victim. You're censoring anyone from criticism against the religion or it's heinous 'practices.' In context of Islam (not with all phobias or misos); it's a word of protection or safe space.

As OP said though...there is plenty to fear though. Read how Sharia is accomplished. Read what Surah's call ALL muslims to do during an act of war or threat to their religion. Read about what they are to do to 'infidels' unwilling to convert in countries under Sharia (from the Qu'ran). Relative to OP, read the Hamas Charter to the U.N. to understand what they sought (before October 7th) to the Jews and Israel. That's fear, not Islamaphobia. Islam is wrong and should have been left to the countries who founded it. For the Greek scholars, just tell them (in your best Greek): Islam einai lathos
People still don’t learn history and forget that under the UN plan for the end of British Mandate in Palestine two countries were supposed to be created - Israel and Palestine with clear borders and land mass.

Israel was in support of it.
Arabs refused and attacked Israel the day it declared independence.

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN
They did. And many other times historically which too were rejected. They don't want peace. Solution should be: Remove all Hamas from the West Bank & Gaza Strip and give control back to Israel. Israel even during this warfare has been more than cordial.

Ever see a kid fake cry once they're found out? I'm seeing it and not buying it. Take her away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom