• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

I have been thinking a lot about this lately after seeing the Harvard lady say that it depends on context whether calling genocide of Jews constitutes harassment or bullying.

Clearly antisemitism has been embedded into academia, and clearly the top institutions have been funded by Islamists.

But what is the mechanism you as a funder convert a person who ostensibly is of high education and reasonable intellectual make up, to an antisemitist?

Like Faust said… money and power. If you promise millions of dollars to an institution, you’re going to achieve a great deal of influence. And the way you influence is to ask for more courses about Islam and the Middle East, that teach certain things to the students.

Alongside that, you ensure that the highest members of the faculty receive ‘support’ for their university. If you were to audit the accounts of Penn, Harvard etc. you’d no doubt discover that a lot of renovation, building, equipment, and other things are paid for by the likes of Qatar.

You’ll also probably find a lot of foreign students from that part of the world attending the university.

FunkMiller

I do t get how anyone, literally anyone, can say the holocaust didn’t happen… they literally admitted to it. They were proud of it…I don’t understand… there are millions of graves…

It’s almost as if an ideology has been pushed that has told people not to believe facts or evidence.

Last edited:
I do t get how anyone, literally anyone, can say the holocaust didn’t happen… they literally admitted to it. They were proud of it…I don’t understand… there are millions of graves…
There are also the ones, like PA leader Abbas, who claim the Jews were actually responsible for the Holocaust to get rid of the weak so the ones who left could take Palestine.

It's a bit like the narrative of October 7th evolved among the pro-Palestine side.

1: Only soldiers were killed or kidnapped
2: A small number of civilians were killed in the crossfire but as Israel has conscription they count as military
3: There was a claim made by Israel that has not been 'independently verified' so nothing is to be believed
4: All the Israeli civilian vicitms were due to indiscriminate IDF fire or deliberately killed as part of the Hannibal directive.
or 4a. The violence happened but was inevitable due to the 70 years of genocidal occupation

In each stage, the perfect victimhood of Palestinians and perfect villainy of Israel is maintained by putting zero blame for anything on Palestinians.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Like Faust said… money and power. If you promise millions of dollars to an institution, you’re going to achieve a great deal of influence. And the way you influence is to ask for more courses about Islam and the Middle East, that teach certain things to the students.

Alongside that, you ensure that the highest members of the faculty receive ‘support’ for their university. If you were to audit the accounts of Penn, Harvard etc. you’d no doubt discover that a lot of renovation, building, equipment, and other things are paid for by the likes of Qatar.

You’ll also probably find a lot of foreign students from that part of the world attending the university.

I get all that. But what I am after is the actual mechanism of getting that output with your funding. The prompts if you will.

Does that funding make the subject adjust / self censor / spin their own output automatically in a way sympathetic to your cause? Or do you as a funder have to provide a list of things to think and say.

If the subjects self-adjust, that’s kinda optimal, because then there is no trail of evidence. But it you have to indoctrinate them somehow, you risk all that bubbling up at some point.

Stitch

Gold Member
But of course. I don't see Israel suddenly deciding that it is enough and I don't see any voices to "stop" in Israel gaining any traction.
I mean mossad was still assassinating the people responsible for the munich massacre 20 years later, so this is far from over.

Also that munich movie was pretty anti-israel. seriously fuck spielberg

jason10mm

Gold Member
I think a modern western society needs the backbone of modern Judeo-Christian values to be healthy and thrive. The further we get away from that, the weaker we become and our enemies will take advantage of that weekness. John Adams, a Founding Father and President of the United States, stated, “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
agreed. I'm atheist but can recognize that a judeo-christian basis of civilization is superior to most others.

Here's a point that was made recently that didn't see much reporting. At Harvard, there are approximately 125 classes about the history of Black, Latino, Indigenous, and AAPI people. There are 2 classes on Jewish history, one of which teaches that all Jews who support Israel are racists and colonizers.

Sadly, no questions were asked here, but we all know they wouldn't have been answered if they were asked.

Last edited:

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I've been thinking about the connection between DEI and antisemitism.
This matter is a continuation of the Bill Ackman letter which I posted earlier (link here), and relates to a question that has also been discussed in this thread (by Chittagong Chittagong LegendOfKage LegendOfKage Faust Faust , and others. Apologies to those I forgot to mention):
namely, how exactly Qatari funding translated to antisemitic policy at some universites?

I think the following opinion piece offers a helpful perspective. It points out the connection between inherent flaws in the theoretical principles of DEI and long existing antisemitic stereotypes.
I don't know if this is the main reason for antisemitism in today's universities, but it seems likely to be a contributing factor. It also applies to the underrepresentation of asian faculty brought up in Ackman's letter, as they too are considered a successful minority.

The gist of it is in this paragraph, but the rest is also relevant:
If underrepresentation is the inevitable outcome of systemic bias, then overrepresentation—and Jews are 2% of the American population—suggests not talent or hard work, but unearned privilege. This conspiratorial conclusion is not that far removed from the hateful portrait of a small group of Jews divvying up the ill-gotten spoils of an exploited world.

This resonates with me because it's also relevant to certain flawed arguments about the current war: specifically, that Israel is the agressor because of the much lower amount of casualties on its side. This argument completely ignores the fact that Israel spent billions developing one of the most advanced anti rocket defense systems in the world, whereas Hamas couldn't even be bothered to construct neighborhood bomb shelters for its civilians (and this is without even getting into the use of human shields). In other words, it equates poor results with righteousness while completely discounting effort and accountability.

*Done editing

I'd love to hear what the rest of you think of this possible connection.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This matter is a continuation of the Bill Ackman letter which I posted earlier (will link here in an edit), and relates to a question that has also been brought up by others here (I'll add specific mentions in an edit):
namely, how exactly Qatari funding translated to antisemitic policy at some universites?

I think the following opinion piece offers a helpful perspective. It points out the connection between inherent flaws in the theoretical principles of DEI and long existing antisemitic perspectives.
I don't know if this is the main reason for antisemitism in today's universities, but it seems likely to be a contributing factor.

*Still editing this from my phone. I'll erase this note when I'm done and the post is readable.

DEI has always been a crock. When a movement (often spearheaded by HR managers) tries to involve politics into a workplace and purposely hires people based on demographics, appearance, gender etc.... instead of qualifications thats is easily the most discriminatory practice out there. And in plain view too.

However, it can be argued companies are just following what government does. So monkey see, monkey do. I dont know what it's like in other countries, but in Canada federal bids on many projects require the company to prove it fits the DEI criteria. You'd think the gov would hire based on budget and quality of product, not DEI.

There was a bookmark I had that involved a more direct description of the programs but it's gone. I think the link above replaced it. But it would say things like if a company wants to get involved in big projects like telcom, the company had to meet demographic quotas in their workplace or else they would not qualify.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
This matter is a continuation of the Bill Ackman letter which I posted earlier (link here), and relates to a question that has also been brought up by others here (I'll add specific mentions in an edit):

I think the following opinion piece offers a helpful perspective. It points out the connection between inherent flaws in the theoretical principles of DEI and long existing antisemitic perspectives.
I don't know if this is the main reason for antisemitism in today's universities, but it seems likely to be a contributing factor.

*Still editing this from my phone. I'll erase this note when I'm done and the post is readable.

I don't think it is any mystery that DEI is just a shakedown, hell, AL Sharpton has been doing it for decades.

What puzzles me is how it got so widespread and entrenched so quickly.

tommib

This matter is a continuation of the Bill Ackman letter which I posted earlier (link here), and relates to a question that has also been discussed here (by Chittagong Chittagong LegendOfKage LegendOfKage Faust Faust , and others. Apologies to those I forgot to mention):

The jist of it is in this paragraph, but the rest is also relevant:

I think it’s becoming clearer that DEI has been adjusting itself from the start to accommodate Islamism in the greater fight against the structures of power. Even at the expense of women’s rights or the safety of the Jewish people.

If Arab Muslims hate Jews, they need DEI to not condemn antisemitism in order to not lose them in the west. I even think that the push for trans radicalism falls somewhat into a sort of calibration with the greater Muslim world where Iran is a trans hub:

If we’re telling gay kids that it’s better to change gender than potentially have same-sex relationships that to me that falls into a sort of islamoleftism that is concerned with not alienating Muslims.

Islamoleftism is running deeper than what it seems, in my view.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't think it is any mystery that DEI is just a shakedown, hell, AL Sharpton has been doing it for decades.

Probably because the internet spreads ideas and shaming fast and typically western countries care about image so badly (Mr. Nice guy) govs, corporations and many people have to go with the flow or else they might be publicly portrayed as snobs.

It really is just an extension of dopey poor guy needing a boost, since they cant figure out how to do it themselves. So cry for attention, jobs and money, or blame someone else like Jewish people.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

I think that once it existed and was fairly widespread, Qatari money (or other external influences) could pretty easily apply indirect pressure on growing its size and influence in organizations, while remaining almost undetected.

Cyberpunkd

"Hafiza"...

It's never Britney, Louise, Sandy, Emma...

when you realize schitts creek GIF by CBC

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
To be clear, I'm not saying that inequality and underrepresentation aren't problems that should be addressed, but the current DEI approach strikes me too much as "punishing the successful" rather than leveraging all available resources to assist the less fortunate in a manner that benefits both (or at least minimizes the punishment to the successful).

This isn't directly equivalent, but in my experience as a teacher for close to a decade, I've seen many cases where simply reallocating resources from stronger students to weaker students did more to hurt the former than help the latter. Which isn't to say weaker students do not deserve more assistance, but that careful consideration and planning are required for each individual case in order to maximize results.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Hamas needs to start pumping up these numbers stat.

These type of statistics are exactly what Western journalists should be referencing. It'd be very clear to the world who the terrorists really are and stop with the anti-Semitism if they weren't writing with brute lies and anecdotal false information from Hamas.

By the way, those in Israel know this but IDF has full authority to 'not' minimize collateral damage. Yet, commanding IDF leaders took a moral/ethical choice to go at this hard but strategically enough to not just be randomly destroying targets. Keep the stats rolling because that's solid.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
These type of statistics are exactly what Western journalists should be referencing. It'd be very clear to the world who the terrorists really are and stop with the anti-Semitism if they weren't writing with brute lies and anecdotal false information from Hamas.

By the way, those in Israel know this but IDF has full authority to 'not' minimize collateral damage. Yet, commanding IDF leaders took a moral/ethical choice to go at this hard but strategically enough to not just be randomly destroying targets. Keep the stats rolling because that's solid.
That would require a completely different news cycle, not chronically focused on the here and now. One more retrospective, long-term oriented, self aware, critical and deep. In other words, exactly the opposite of what we have. Alarmism promotes shock and rage over analysis and planning, and Islamism has mastered this form of communication.

It's yet another example of a glaring cultural weakness of the west that they've managed to perfectly exploit.

Last edited:

Dural

I mean mossad was still assassinating the people responsible for the munich massacre 20 years later, so this is far from over.

Also that munich movie was pretty anti-israel. seriously fuck spielberg

Yep, lots of self hating Jews in Hollywood. Just look at the comments of some of them since the attack.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
That would require a completely different news cycle, not chronically focused on the here and now. One more retrospective, long-term oriented, self aware, critical and deep. In other words, exactly the opposite of what we have. Alarmism promotes shock and rage over analysis and planning, and Islamism has mastered this form of communication.

It's yet another example of a glaring cultural weakness of the west that they've managed to perfectly exploit.
Which is one big reason why I don't subscribe to any major news outlets nor do I stand behind any political partisan. Writers who go for alarmist shock news tend to lean their emotional and world-view bias toward a mass audience of readers or viewers. This seems contrary to how journalism was originally established.

TL;DR. Not for me. No thanks. I'll take facts over opinions on world issues.
What?! Why? I don't remember it this way.

Also Spielberg is a strong supporter of Israel.
Memory's a funny thing. I think the problem is many weren't willing to stick it to Spielberg simply because he was the person to get rights for a film adaptation of Schindler's Ark (by Thomas Keneally) retitled, Schindler's List. Many felt with that movie in his resume he'd not go Hollywood and bite the hand. But there certainly was some anti-Semitism in his movie adaptation of Munich. You can read here.

Big heads in Hollywood have had their golden opportunity to voice to promote or condemn anti-Semitism in the wake of the events on the 7th. From reading Spielberg's own comments here although I by no means support the hosting network; it'd certainly appear that Spielberg himself condemns the anti-Semitism from the 7th and what we're seeing now. It may help to know to know that screenwriters tend to have more of a credit in how a film turns out. The culprits who'd hold more blame on why Munich had an anti-Semitic lean would be more on Tony Kushner and Eric Roth. Spielberg carried the movie as director and producer but may not have had a say in the entire narrative of the film. Similar case would be with the Hotel Mumbai movie. There are scenes where it's clear they want you to feel sympathy for the muslim terrorists (hence the scene with the one terrorist crying as he talks to his parents in a room full of hostages). That's really a Hollywood problem as a whole.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hamas needs to start pumping up these numbers stat.

I’m not surprised if Israeli air strikes have low casualties. Hell, it wasn’t until this war did I learn Israel warns countries when they attack. Talk about being Mr. Nice Guy. How often in any wars or skirmishes do you ever hear one side giving ample warning including both timing and location? It’s crazy. They even drop leaflets to warn people!

Gaza people should consider themselves lucky Israel doesn’t go scorched earth out of nowhere with zero warnings.

Last edited:

Stitch

Gold Member
It's very preachy about how Israel just took the land, how the whole operation and killing people is bad, but then also shows this long scene where the palestinian explains that they're only doing this to finally get their own land. Oh yeah, so it's totally ok dude. The movie feels weird. Like I'm not even supposed to root for the Israelis.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Which is one big reason why I don't subscribe to any major news outlets nor do I stand behind any political partisan. Writers who go for alarmist shock news tend to lean their emotional and world-view bias toward a mass audience of readers or viewers. This seems contrary to how journalism was originally established.

TL;DR. Not for me. No thanks. I'll take facts over opinions on world issues.

Memory's a funny thing. I think the problem is many weren't willing to stick it to Spielberg simply because he was the person to get rights for a film adaptation of Schindler's Ark (by Thomas Keneally) retitled, Schindler's List. Many felt with that movie in his resume he'd not go Hollywood and bite the hand. But there certainly was some anti-Semitism in his movie adaptation of Munich. You can read here.

Big heads in Hollywood have had their golden opportunity to voice to promote or condemn anti-Semitism in the wake of the events on the 7th. From reading Spielberg's own comments here although I by no means support the hosting network; it'd certainly appear that Spielberg himself condemns the anti-Semitism from the 7th and what we're seeing now. It may help to know to know that screenwriters tend to have more of a credit in how a film turns out. The culprits who'd hold more blame on why Munich had an anti-Semitic lean would be more on Tony Kushner and Eric Roth. Spielberg carried the movie as director and producer but may not have had a say in the entire narrative of the film. Similar case would be with the Hotel Mumbai movie. There are scenes where it's clear they want you to feel sympathy for the muslim terrorists (hence the scene with the one terrorist crying as he talks to his parents in a room full of hostages). That's really a Hollywood problem as a whole.
Maybe I should rewatch it, I don't remember it this way. I do understand that you sometimes want to play Devil's Advocate and not lean heavily on Israel righteousness because that would be too one sided. As an Israeli we do share blame, there are def faults, mistakes and moral breakdowns.

This matter is a continuation of the Bill Ackman letter which I posted earlier (link here), and relates to a question that has also been discussed in this thread (by Chittagong Chittagong LegendOfKage LegendOfKage Faust Faust , and others. Apologies to those I forgot to mention):

I think the following opinion piece offers a helpful perspective. It points out the connection between inherent flaws in the theoretical principles of DEI and long existing antisemitic stereotypes.
I don't know if this is the main reason for antisemitism in today's universities, but it seems likely to be a contributing factor. It also applies to the underrepresentation of asian faculty brought up in Ackman's letter, as they too are considered a successful minority.

The gist of it is in this paragraph, but the rest is also relevant:

This resonates with me because it's also relevant to certain flawed arguments about the current war: specifically, that Israel is the agressor because of the much lower amount of casualties on its side. This argument completely ignores the fact that Israel spent billions developing one of the most advanced anti rocket defense systems in the world, whereas Hamas couldn't even be bothered to construct neighborhood bomb shelters for its civilians (and this is without even getting into the use of human shields). In other words, it equates poor results with righteousness while completely discounting effort and accountability.

*Done editing

To be clear, I'm not saying that inequality and underrepresentation aren't problems that should be addressed, but the current DEI approach strikes me too much as "punishing the successful" rather than leveraging all available resources to assist the less fortunate in a manner that benefits both (or at least minimizes the punishment to the successful).

I'm going to get a little political with my answer, but not in a way that praises one party over another. The general conservative response to "why am I not successful?" has been "bootstraps." "You are not successful because you haven't tried hard enough or worked hard enough. There are plenty of success stories out there, so why not you? It must be your fault."

DEI changes the source of blame from "you are to blame" to "society is to blame," at least for everyone on the planet other than white men. "You are not successful because of systemic racism. You are not successful because white privilege. You are not successful because of sexism." And if you are a white male (or a Jewish, it would seem), society isn't to blame of course, and we're right back to blaming you for your failure.

If you're paying attention, the end result is the exact same thing. Shift the blame from corporations who don't pay well enough, massive retailers like Amazon who have destroyed countless businesses, wealthy liberal zip codes that don't share their taxes with neighboring schools (not that conservatives do this either), a government that doesn't try to improve education and helps companies outsource our jobs, etc.

And if DEI actually brought people of various races together in unity and mutual friendship and respect, instead of just proximity, it wouldn't be anywhere in corporate America, because it would make workers much more likely to unionize. It's been shown that DEI actually has the opposite effect. The more racially and culturally diverse a company is, the less likely they are to unionize. Kind of ironic, isn't it?

And that's why it has been so deeply entrenched. Because it allows rich and powerful liberals to pass the blame, just as rich and powerful conservatives have done for decades.

Because if you're Amazon and you embrace DEI, you can tell you employees you won't pay for their Covid sick leave anymore, and you can turn a blind eye to your employees peeing in bottles to keep to your absurd delivery schedule, and you can slander and intimidate anyone trying to organize your workforce, all while getting a great ESG score that says you're an ethical company that people should invest in.

And that's what DEI is ultimately. Nice cheap words.

You might have to scroll a bit to get to the rest of the twitter thread, but there are plenty of examples given.

It makes sense that there would be so many Jewish liberals. Jews have been persecuted throughout their existence, and the claim is that liberals care more about that sort of thing. And it's true that liberal thought is historically to thank for a lot of important progress made in society. But right now Jewish people are quickly learning where they've been placed into a modern intersectional victim hierarchy without their consent or approval, and I think they're starting to wake up to how illiberal and ultimately destructive all of this really is.

Last edited:

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Maybe I should rewatch it, I don't remember it this way. I do understand that you sometimes want to play Devil's Advocate and not lean heavily on Israel righteousness because that would be too one sided. As an Israeli we do share blame, there are def faults, mistakes and moral breakdowns.
Well, I didn't mean to make it seem like Spielberg may not have had output in anti-Israel / anti-Semitic overtones in Munich. It does appear his public commentary today is condemning this but the film is wishy-washy. That's Hollywood too. Most are silent right now because their career is at stake if they say something anti-Semitic now. However, I simply wouldn't trust anyone in Hollywood to their word or (lack of) reputation. They're about as credible as Western news media outlets.

Not sure if this will post or what (if any) termination has come to this individual. Rotten apples as Apple once again...

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I have a friend who works in Nvidia Israel and I don't remember if he told me this. Apparently one of Nvidia's employees here was kidnapped with his wife to Gaza, and the company is now investing in his family and overall support in the survivors.

The fallout from that senate hearing is spectacular to witness. It finally have people of reason a chance to speak up:

Taken from the article:
As a child, I was fascinated by the story of my paternal grandparents's interracial marriage in 1944 in segregated Chicago. The 1967 interracial marriage of my black father to the daughter of Holocaust survivors in the same city wasn't much easier; at the time, America burned with race riots. My grandparents and parents had every reason not to marry across the color line. But they chose love over their racial order.

Also from 1967, and it just happens to be sung by a Jewish woman, who wrote this song when she was only 14 years old:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom