• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkMiller

Iran, a country that has F-14 from the 1980's, held together with duct tape, trying to pretend they can threaten anyone that isn't a third world country.

It's directly taken from the Russian playbook (no surprise there). These little tinpot fucks have looked at the internet over the past 10 years (and the powerful people who got away with lying about everything), and decided that if they say something, people will just believe it, and it will magically become true.

I seriously would like to see them try to attack a US carrier group. Please. Try it. The fucking memes would be incredible.

winjer

Gold Member
It's directly taken from the Russian playbook (no surprise there). These little tinpot fucks have looked at the internet over the past 10 years (and the powerful people who got away with lying about everything), and decided that if they say something, people will just believe it, and it will magically become true.

I seriously would like to see them try to attack a US carrier group. Please. Try it. The fucking memes would be incredible.

This is just postering for the global Muslim community, trying to pretend they are not afraid of the US.
But they will never do a direct attack against the USA. What they might do, is what they have been doing for the past decade, meaning, sponsoring some terrorist groups, in other counties, to attack USA military assets.
Then the USA wipes out those guys and Iran pretends they had nothing to do with it, because they are very afraid to be the next target of the USA's army wrath.
So maybe we'll see some Houthi militias making some more small attacks using a few Iranian drones, that get shoot down with phalanx or Radio Frequency Jammers.

Raven117

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Honestly I'm quite depressed by all this. Even if IDF successfully removes Hamas from power, there will still remain the much more difficult mission of governing in Gaza and the West Bank, and realistically this will be left up to Israel and the PA, who will not be able to handle it without significant help from the international community. What this means, to me, is that this situation will continue to polarize and cause secondary crises around the world for years to come.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Honestly I'm quite depressed by all this. Even if IDF successfully removes Hamas from power, there will still remain the much more difficult mission of governing in Gaza and the West Bank, and realistically this will be left up to Israel and the PA, who will not be able to handle it without significant help from the international community. What this means, to me, is that this situation will continue to polarize and cause secondary crises around the world for years to come.
This is why I think the only real viable long term solution is to eliminate Gaza as a thing, those folks will need to be relocated or forced to integrate into an Israeli society (inclusive of Jewish and Muslim faiths) and held to account for bad behavior. Putting them on, for all intents and purposes, a reservation just makes them fodder for radical ideologies.

They also gotta rigorously screen all the imams and excise the ones preaching hate. EVERY mosque service needs to be recorded and evaluated for hate speech.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
This is why I think the only real viable long term solution is to eliminate Gaza as a thing, those folks will need to be relocated or forced to integrate into an Israeli society (inclusive of Jewish and Muslim faiths) and held to account for bad behavior. Putting them on, for all intents and purposes, a reservation just makes them fodder for radical ideologies.

They also gotta rigorously screen all the imams and excise the ones preaching hate. EVERY mosque service needs to be recorded and evaluated for hate speech.
Most citizens of Gaza wouldn't want to integrate into an Israeli society, and at the very least, the Israeli right - over 50% of the population - wouldn't have them. I'm entirely secular and even I'm not sure it wouldn't just result in a bloodbath.

Relocating them would be seen by the world as proof that Israel's ultimate goal is ethnic cleansing. It would ignite terror from the West Bank and declarations of war from other Arab countries that would result in an even bigger conflict in this region than the current one.

Sorry for the pessimism but I don't currently see an easy way out of this. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
After Kamala's husband had to delete a tweet about a wrong story of Hanukkah, here's a nice one.

This was very beautiful and inspiring. Thanks for sharing. Did not know this story and will share.

When I read the caption before playing the video, I thought this was a Monty Python skit. Just sounds like something you'd read from one of the Flying Circus skits. Of course, these guys are a joke...so there's really no need for a comedy writer. It just writes itself.
Allah got tired of his shit.
Moon god will be angry. If he makes it through this, maybe he'll convert to worshipping a less violent object in the sky. Islam is a buffet of idiots.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Given that Harvard decided not to fire Gay... if that's the path they've chosen, it is their right. If they truly are all about standing by their own and allowing varying opinions and beliefs, we'll see if they keep that same energy the next time a staffer speaks out about how he's against equity or thinks pronoun usage is stupid.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Given that Harvard decided not to fire Gay... if that's the path they've chosen, it is their right. If they truly are all about standing by their own and allowing varying opinions and beliefs, we'll see if they keep that same energy the next time a staffer speaks out about how he's against equity or thinks pronoun usage is stupid.
They won't. They will put pressure on the employee to resign.

Remember: Antisemitism to these people are A-OK. But don't you dare use the wrong pronoun.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell

Remember: Antisemitism to these people are A-OK. But don't you dare use the wrong pronoun.
They've boxed themselves into a corner, because those fired or forced to resign will point to this latest incident and how Gay wasn't fired and Harvard really will have nothing to counter with. Could help in a potential lawsuit as well.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
They've boxed themselves into a corner, because those fired or forced to resign will point to this latest incident and how Gay wasn't fired and Harvard really will have nothing to counter with. Could help in a potential lawsuit as well.
Read Bill Ackman's letter. They've already fired faculty for having other controversial opinions. Gay was even asked about this letter at the hearing but had nothing to say about it.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Meanwhile the conflict in Mali is home to thousands of victims, several groups fighting each other, terrorist attacks.
And what does the UN do? They retreat from the country, with all of their personnel, abandoning civilians to their luck.
People following the conflict are already excepting an increase in violence and terrorist attacks. And of course, civilian casualties.
Saying that the UN is a joke, is the understatement of the century.

It's disheartening to see just how much power DEI has in our society right now. I mean what does Gay have to do to be fired? Kill someone? Seriously, what would actually get her fired? She refused to categorically denounce genocide and plagiarized all of her academic papers. What the fuck.

mv2FsHr.jpg

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It looks bad if the company does the firing, since it means they have a crap employee and are forced to get rid of him/her. The current issue is political, so it'll mean they hired a leader who is terrible.

What they are surely doing now is negotiating an exit package and Gay will "voluntarily resign" with no fault on either side. This is the quietest exit strategy.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
This is where we are in the antisemetism depressing event of the day:

Well, thats what happens when you got weird people who are radicalized left or right. Doesnt matter if they are an avg joe or a politician. Religion, politics and discrimination rule their minds.

Just imagine if all the weirdos in the world were moderate chill people who focused on school, job and a safe and responsible home life. The amount of crime, hatred and stupidity would probably drop by 95%.

If it wasnt for my daily checks of CP24 and GAF to see what dumb shit is happening in the world, I'd just be focusing on my fav topics which are sports, business and gaming. Who wants to focus their lives protesting and doing dumb shit all day when there's more fun and productive things to do in life. But some people in the world love fighting. It's not a fun day for them unless amped up on idiocy.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Most citizens of Gaza wouldn't want to integrate into an Israeli society, and at the very least, the Israeli right - over 50% of the population - wouldn't have them. I'm entirely secular and even I'm not sure it wouldn't just result in a bloodbath.
There is no easy option, just the safest and the most risky. Allowing Gaza ro remain and, like the west Bank and Lebanon, toss rockets over every now and then, doesn't seem tenable anymore. So I think Isreal just has to pull out the rot and remove Gaza as a concentration of Arabs. They need to purge that place, take the PR hit (no matter what they do the same actors will complain, really), and get a secure border. They need a big stretch of barren land all around their country to act as a buffer. There are not that many palestinians, they could be absorbed into other Arabic countries.

Of course none of those places would willingly take the., but that isn't really Israel's problem.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Of course none of those places would willingly take the., but that isn't really Israel's problem.
That's such an important piece of info in this entire debacle. Unless someone is knowledgeable with Gaza people and the history of that region I dont think a lot of people knew every surrounding country hates them too not letting them cross borders. I never knew that until someone posted that way back in this thread. That says a lot about a group of people.

That's such a wild stonewalling, since as a Canadian I've had zero issues ever going to a different country. Flash my passport and if I'm at an airport show them my place ticket too and it's smooth sailing.

As weird as it seems, I get more hassles from the customs agents coming back into Canada than going into another country, as they'll always grill you about how much stuff I bought trying catch me on duty fees.

NickFire

Probably wouldn't hurt to also look at the party affiliation of those who think this is A-OK, and compare it with those who voted most passionately against abolishing slavery and passing the civil rights act. It is quite possible that there was shocking overlap.

Last edited:

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I've never seen Dr Phil so based. This video and his speech were amazing.

Dr. Phil’s is one eloquent and articulated mofo. If he had been there grilling those university presidents, it would have been a sight to see. Their pathetic ‘context’ strategy was nothing but a transparent calculated attempt to squirm their way out of the mess they were cheering on. It’s clear those arseholes colluded, trying to deflect and dodge the inevitable backlash.

The farewell from UPenn was a slap in the face to the Jewish community. No real apology, no real taking of responsibility – just teary praise for that arsehole, and dodging accountability. It’s a disgrace. This is just the tip of the iceberg, and more of these people need to be outed and made an example of.

Last edited:
If you compare what Lawrence Summers was fired for to what Claudine Gay wasn’t fired for, it’s clear that the ideological tendrils run deep.
It is probably just humorous fanfic, but I've read a few times comments suggesting that Summers is working behind the scenes with Ackman to feed him info. At this point it would and it wouldn't surprise me if true lol

Dr. Phil’s is one eloquent and articulated mofo.
He is kind of like Jerry Springer was - you see the folksy TV show side of them so much you start to believe that is who they are, but in reality they are actually pretty smart people.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
He is kind of like Jerry Springer was - you see the folksy TV show side of them so much you start to believe that is who they are, but in reality they are actually pretty smart people.

For sure; you'd have to be pretty smart to think on your feet, remain calm and articulate, and to manage all those crazies while performing to a live and broadcast audience day in and day out.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
2023, a planet of billions, ai, flying to space, and nobody sees a clear path to peace. Sad in a troubling way for everyone.

Cyberpunkd

2023, a planet of billions, ai, flying to space, and nobody sees a clear path to peace. Sad in a troubling way for everyone.
They do, but both sides directly concerned do not want it. It has to start with a comprehensive joint curriculum of both Arabs and Jews in the region. But this can only happen when you eliminate Hamas. Then you let the UN administer Gaza while having Israel help in reconstruction.

Cyberpunkd

THE DUCK

They do, but both sides directly concerned do not want it. It has to start with a comprehensive joint curriculum of both Arabs and Jews in the region. But this can only happen when you eliminate Hamas. Then you let the UN administer Gaza while having Israel help in reconstruction.

The problem with this plan is the war against Hamas will create another Hamas down the road. I don't see the end.

Cyberpunkd

The problem with this plan is the war against Hamas will create another Hamas down the road. I don't see the end.
Not necessarily. You have the example of both Germany and Japan after 1945 to see how the whole society can be de-radicalized. Having Arabs being shown examples of Hamas atrocities can be a good start, the whole society should recognize how they were an instrument and passive enabler to racial hate. Then I mentioned UN administration because unfortunately any foundations of democracy are yet too weak to take hold without being enforced.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

Not necessarily. You have the example of both Germany and Japan after 1945 to see how the whole society can be de-radicalized. Having Arabs being shown examples of Hamas atrocities can be a good start, the whole society should recognize how they were an instrument and passive enabler to racial hate. Then I mentioned UN administration because unfortunately any foundations of democracy are yet too weak to take hold without being enforced.

Possible, but circumstances are a lot different. You didn't have an entire regions in the immediate area trying to fund and directly destabilize Germany and Japan.
I'm still hoping for the a good outcome regardless.

Tech advancement and human population does not correlate with peace. In fact, peace - the real peace - is not achievable in the first place.

Not necessarily. You have the example of both Germany and Japan after 1945 to see how the whole society can be de-radicalized. Having Arabs being shown examples of Hamas atrocities can be a good start, the whole society should recognize how they were an instrument and passive enabler to racial hate
Nah, it won't change a thing. Islam has to go through the stage Reformation at least. The change has to come from within of Islam. I believe gulf monarchies have the bigger opportunity to change Islam, but considering that a lot of muslim migrants in Europe are actually just as religiously devout as religious turks and religious iranians, I would not be surprised if the gulf states (Qatar aside) will be more secular and more westernized sooner or later. Fundamental issue that has to be addressed with Islam is separation the religious practices (or whatever it is) from the state.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

This idea that it's Israel response that causes extremism is not correct.
Even before the Israel was created, there was a large group of Palestinians demanding the death to all Jews.
Remember that during the later part of the XIX century, some Jews immigrated to the region in a peaceful manner, bought their land. And for a brief moment were well received, because they brought money to invest, many were professors, engineers, etc, that could develop the region.
But soon enough they were attacked by extremist Palestinians, demanding the expulsion or death of all Jews.

Ever since the Islamic conquest of the 7th century, that Jews have been persecuted by the Muslim community. There have been times of less aggression, and times of greater aggression. But it was never safe being a Jew in the region.
You might want to remember that during the Islamic conquest of the 7th century, millions of Christians and Jews were murdered in north Africa and the middle east.
Islam is itself an extremist religion, one that proclaims itself as the last and definitive word of God. And that all other religions are apostates and must convert of face death.

Possible, but circumstances are a lot different. You didn't have an entire regions in the immediate area trying to fund and directly destabilize Germany and Japan.
I'm still hoping for the a good outcome regardless.

Really? Have you heard about how Germany was divided in two by the Allies.
Did you notice that East Germany only got it's independence from the USSR in the 90s. And that it was a severely underdeveloped region, so west Germany had to invest billions for decades, trying to rebuild it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom