• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogbert

Gold Member
Lol humanitarian corridor into Egypt... literally what I suggested and people ridiculed me for it as if there was no possible alternative other than bombing the shit out of Gaza and leaving civilians to fend for themselves without food, water, electricity etc.

Well folks, looks like I was right
x-pac suck it GIF by WWE
They’ll end up in London.

They always do.

supernova8

Banned
Doesn't excuse for the fact that they did what they did. If isreal opened the doors for hamas. Hamas had the choice to not bite, but instead they overate and now they probably realize it was a huge mistake.
I'm not really sure what Hamas's real endgame is supposed to be. Obviously they claim to want to wipe Israel off the map but that will never happen (as terrible as murdering over 1,000 civilians is, it's not even near enough to dismantle Israel as a state). Maybe their goal is to provoke such a massive military response from Israel (and possibly the US in a supporting role) that other countries in the region will get involved, but I honestly don't see any country being willing to do that (especially if the US is willing to get directly involved).

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Lol humanitarian corridor into Egypt... literally what I suggested and people ridiculed me for it as if there was no possible alternative other than bombing the shit out of Gaza and leaving civilians to fend for themselves without food, water, electricity etc.

Well folks, looks like I was right
x-pac suck it GIF by WWE

Eh....not really. Hamas still has to be on board with this to allow the people to evacuate. Why would they do that when they have said repeatedly that these people you are talking about evacuating are their human shields?

supernova8

Banned
Eh....not really. Hamas still has to be on board with this to allow the people to evacuate. Why would they do that when they have said repeatedly that these people you are talking about evacuating are their human shields?

I understand what you're saying but flip that around. Let's say Hamas tries to use Palestinian civilians as human shields and then starts shoots civilians that try to escape. Suddenly support for Hamas drops to an all-time low, Palestinians wake up and realize Hamas is not their friend and they start telling the IDF where all the Hamas fighters are.

Even if Hamas were able to scare some people into staying put, there aren't enough Hamas fighters to do that for the whole 2 million of them, right?

killatopak

Gold Member
We know quite well how life came about.
Not really. It’s one of the biggest questions that’s actually plaguing Darwinian evolutionist.

Evolution exists but not the way most people think of it. Life can evolve but it has to have a base. It can modify but not change the structure of a creature.

Also, popular belief thinks life came from a primordial soup that miraculously made DNA. The specific term is chemical evolution. Chemists have been TRYING REAL HARD to replicate ANY form of of DNA or amoeba with ZERO results. The existence of the DNA has perplexed Darwinian scientists for as long as the evolutionary theory has existed.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I still cant grasp how Hamas was able to breach Israel's defense like this. Astonishing really. There is talk of a ground assault and they might as well go all in. It might become bloody but I think they're at point where the best fix for this conflict is for Palestine to be destroyed from within then rebuilt in a meaningful way...if that is possible.

Also, I hope folks are taking notice of all the support Israel is getting from our politicians in Washington as there is deep hypocrisy as some of these same fuckers are skirting around fully supporting Ukraine and many still seem in support of Russia. And come next year we might reelect a buffoon that with all certainty comprise the US support for Ukraine in their fight with Russia, so I hope none of you beating the drum for Israel then turn around and help that fucker get back office. We keep skipping and sliding around that bitch but lets call it out. Russia's military and Wagner Group has purposely killed tens of thousands of innocent in Ukraine. They're just as terrible as Hamas, but better equipped and supported.

Someone was asleep at the wheel. I don't get it either. Either HAMAS had no leaks or intelligence failed to recognize the buildup. Mossad is the BEST in the world... Where was their leadership! Snorting blow of titties?

Topher

Gold Member
I understand what you're saying but flip that around. Let's say Hamas tries to use Palestinian civilians as human shields and then starts shoots civilians that try to escape. Suddenly support for Hamas drops to an all-time low, Palestinians wake up and realize Hamas is not their friend and they start telling the IDF where all the Hamas fighters are.

Even if Hamas were able to scare some people into staying put, there aren't enough Hamas fighters to do that for the whole 2 million of them, right?

Hamas doesn't have to shoot anybody. All they have to do is block this corridor. Now if Palestinians were to rebel then that would be tremendous, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen. Palestinians have been indoctrinated with the belief that dying as a human shield is what Allah wants. I'm afraid Palestinians "waking up" isn't going to happen for the vast majority and they will hold the minority in check even more so than Hamas.

E-Cat

Not really. It’s one of the biggest questions that’s actually plaguing Darwinian evolutionist.

Evolution exists but not the way most people think of it. Life can evolve but it has to have a base. It can modify but not change the structure of a creature.

Also, popular belief thinks life came from a primordial soup that miraculously made DNA. The specific term is chemical evolution. Chemists have been TRYING REAL HARD to replicate ANY form of of DNA or amoeba with ZERO results. The existence of the DNA has perplexed Darwinian scientists for as long as the evolutionary theory has existed.
I am not going to debate a creationist, it is a waste of time.

abiogenesis, the idea being that something came from nothing, is one of the theist's few last grasps on the cliff edge as we understand more and more about existence and as their grip gets eroded one discovery at a time

Kenpachii

I'm not really sure what Hamas's real endgame is supposed to be. Obviously they claim to want to wipe Israel off the map but that will never happen (as terrible as murdering over 1,000 civilians is, it's not even near enough to dismantle Israel as a state). Maybe their goal is to provoke such a massive military response from Israel (and possibly the US in a supporting role) that other countries in the region will get involved, but I honestly don't see any country being willing to do that (especially if the US is willing to get involved).

It's a terrorist group, all they care about is funding to keep them relevant. A big hit like this puts them on the world map again for all the hate guru's like iran leadership to bank roll them, recognize them and give them power. I doubt for example hamas is even in the gaza ( leadership ) they probably parked there ass in iran or any other arab country.

What isreal just has to do at this point, is to escalate it to the point where the population will be forced to change. and in my view the best way to do so is to start mass immigration towards country's that support them and close gaza and the west bank entirely. Then EU and US should go after those country's like iran that finance these type of hate groups.

Last edited:

E-Cat

I am not going to debate a creationist, it is a waste of time.
One piece of free advice, though, if I may -- You are clearly scientifically illiterate and have very little knowledge of biology. You lack intellectual curiosity. So, I'm left wondering why do you even torture your brain with this topic? Do you desperately need the scientific consensus on chemical and biological evolution to be wrong in order to feel secure in your own religious belief (the factuality of which is a completely different question from the factuality of the theory of evolution)?

Do you know the Catholic church went completely berserk over the Heliocentric theory? Yet, no Christian cares today about the Earth not being at the center of the universe. I presume you don't, either. So, just do what you always do and rationalize it away, don't just cherry-pick this one area where you magically turn against the science -- start thinking in terms of "We look into the past with no agenda, and using the scientific method, we see what we see. But whatever we do see, God just made it that way. So, there can be nothing that we find that puts into question the existence of God if I just think this way". Make life a hell of a lot easier for yourself and others.

Last edited:

killatopak

Gold Member
One piece of free advice, though, if I may -- You are clearly scientifically illiterate and have very little knowledge of biology. You lack intellectual curiosity. So, I'm left wondering why do you even torture your brain with this topic? Do you desperately need the scientific consensus on chemical and biological evolution to be false in order to feel secure in your own religious belief (the factuality of which is a completely different question from the factuality of the theory of evolution)?

Do you know the Catholic church went completely berserk over the Heliocentric theory? Yet no Christian cares today about the Earth not being at the center of the universe. I presume you don't, either. So, just do what you always do and rationalize it away, don't just cherry-pick this one area where you magically turn against the science -- start thinking in terms of "We look into the past with no agenda, and using the scientific method, we see what we see. But whatever we do see, God just made it that way. So, there can be nothing that we find that puts into question the existence of God if I just think this way". Make life a hell of a lot easier for yourself and others.
You assume I’m talking about religion. Not one word can be linked to religion. I’m just saying you’re wrong about knowing where life came from. You don’t. Nobody does.

You’re hypocritically, ignorant. Remember, I didn’t go posting insults first. That’s characteristics of someone who got caught wrong and has no retort.

E-Cat

You assume I’m talking about religion. Not one word can be linked to religion. I’m just saying you’re wrong about knowing where life came from. You don’t. Nobody does.

You’re hypocritically, ignorant. Remember, I didn’t go posting insults first. That’s characteristics of someone who got caught wrong and has no retort.
Do you claim, then, not to be religious? Hand on the Bible? Because I would find that interesting.

I did not mean to insult you, sorry if it came out that way. I posted my fair assessment.

Believe me, I have read your arguments a million times and do have retorts. But it's just that, a déjà vu of the same copy-pasted talking points that I have no interest in engaging in. What could possibly be gained? You would not change your mind, and I would not be intellectually stimulated. As I get older, I value my time more.

Last edited:

Embearded

We don't know where life came from.
We have some ideas but we do not know. At the moment, we have a better image about how the universe started, rather than how life started.
According to Dawkins it must have started with something simpler than DNA, maybe RNA. I will leave it to the experts to find the answer.

We might never find the answer to this question. What we are not gonna do though, is stop looking for the logical answer and say God made it.

Science is not afraid of saying it doesn't know something. It's fed by the very idea of ignorance and the struggle to learn.

We do know how life ends though.
We mastered this art and religions helped a lot. Those babies died because of stupid religious beliefs from uneducated, brainwashed zombies.

killatopak

Gold Member
Do you claim, then, not to be religious? Hand on the Bible? Because I would find that interesting.

I did not mean to insult you, sorry if it came out that way. I posted my fair assessment.

Believe me, I have read your arguments a million times and do have retorts. But it's just that, a déjà vu of the same copy-pasted talking points that I have no interest in engaging in. What could possibly be gained? You would not change your mind, and I would not be intellectually stimulated. As I get older, I value my time more.
My apologies as well. I did not mean to get personal. I am deeply sorry.

Let’s close this out. I see people want to be back on topic. Once again, I am sorry.

hyperbertha

Not religious here either but there's plenty of holes in current scientific literature. There is no explanation for life as we know it. To this day we don't even know how they built the pyramids.

E-Cat

Not religious here either but there's plenty of holes in current scientific literature. There is no explanation for life as we know it. To this day we don't even know how they built the pyramids.
Yes, but you can’t fill in the gap with <insert god> and call it a day. Why should there even we an expectation that we should figure out the theory of everything w/ our feeble brains or else there must be a god? Monkeys haven’t figured it out. We’re maybe just barely intelligent to create an AI that will. But that’s not a guarantee, either. Now, let’s get back on topic.

Last edited:

hyperbertha

Yes, but you can’t fill in the gap with <insert god> and call it a day. Why should there even we an expectation that we should figure out the theory of everything w/ our feeble brains or else there must be a god? Monkey’s haven’t figured it out. We’re maybe just barely intelligent to create an AI that will. But that’s not a guarantee, either. Now, let’s get back on topic.
I don't recall anyone here arguing for God. The other person never implied it either. You just assumed it. But you're right let's get back to topic

Last edited:

Aggelos

We don't know where life came from.
We have some ideas but we do not know. At the moment, we have a better image about how the universe started, rather than how life started.
According to Dawkins it must have started with something simpler than DNA, maybe RNA. I will leave it to the experts to find the answer.

We might never find the answer to this question. What we are not gonna do though, is stop looking for the logical answer and say God made it.

Science is not afraid of saying it doesn't know something. It's fed by the very idea of ignorance and the struggle to learn.

We do know how life ends though.
We mastered this art and religions helped a lot. Those babies died because of stupid religious beliefs from uneducated, brainwashed zombies.

I mean ya, absolutely. Religious creeds and dogmas are a prime example of how they have created (and continue to create) indoctrinated sheeple on this planet.
I would like to bring up the Pale Blue Dot once again, by Carl Sagan.

"Pale Blue Dot is a photograph of Earth taken on February 14, 1990, by the Voyager 1 space probe from an unprecedented distance of approximately 6 billion kilometers (3.7 billion miles, 40.5 AU), as part of that day's Family Portrait series of images of the Solar System. In the photograph, Earth's apparent size is less than a pixel; the planet appears as a tiny dot against the vastness of space, among bands of sunlight reflected by the camera. Commissioned by NASA and resulting from the advocacy of astronomer and author Carl Sagan, the photograph was interpreted in Sagan's 1994 book, Pale Blue Dot, as representing humanity's minuscule and ephemeral place amidst the cosmos. "

And a couple of Carl Sagan's thoughts and remarks on our planet. How eloquently he puts it, and once again the conflict between Israel and Hams, rings true.
Where on Earth is the kindness to one another?

"From this distant vantage point, the Earth might not seem of any particular interest. But for us, it's different. Consider again that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there – on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known. "

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I'm not really sure what Hamas's real endgame is supposed to be. Obviously they claim to want to wipe Israel off the map but that will never happen (as terrible as murdering over 1,000 civilians is, it's not even near enough to dismantle Israel as a state). Maybe their goal is to provoke such a massive military response from Israel (and possibly the US in a supporting role) that other countries in the region will get involved, but I honestly don't see any country being willing to do that (especially if the US is willing to get directly involved).

Hamas doesnt have an endgame, sure they say shit about wiping Israel off the map but they know that'll never happen, Hamas's endgame is keeping this conflict a continuous conflict so that the Palestinians can be used to keep the region destabilized so that Iranian interests are maintained, the 3 big players are Israel, Iran & Saudia Arabia, Egypt less so, Iran hates SA, SA & Iran hate Israel buuuuuut Israel has been getting closer to SA diplomatically and that would mean you could eventually have Israel & SA vs Iran, so to stop this from ever happening Iran uses Hamas to sacrifice Palestinian lives in a perpetual war with Israel in order to keep them from cosying up to the other regional powers.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I havent been following this thread too closely, i get enough horrific shit from the Ukrainian/Russian war.. but did Hamas actually behead babies? did i actually read that right? has that been confirmed? i get slaughtering children when you are a homicidal fundamentalist cunt but babies???

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You want to know? Let's see what the former chief of Hamas says:
"To all scholars who teach jihad... to all who teach and learn, this is a moment for the application (of theories)," Meshaal said.
Everyone knows what he means. Everyone has known for 1500 years.

Last edited:

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I havent been following this thread too closely, i get enough horrific shit from the Ukrainian/Russian war.. but did Hamas actually behead babies? did i actually read that right? has that been confirmed? i get slaughtering children when you are a homicidal fundamentalist cunt but babies???

FunkMiller

Yes. Looks like it's true.

Which is why you're seeing some furious back peddling from far left dickheads on social media, who have cottoned on to the fact that supporting baby murderers might not be a good idea for their continued employment.

Wildebeest

Yes. Looks like it's true.

Which is why you're seeing some furious back peddling from far left dickheads on social media, who have cottoned on to the fact that supporting baby murderers might not be a good idea for their continued employment.
No doubt seething that you can be "cancelled" for things as wholesome and cosy as supporting baby murder and endorsing proscribed terrorist groups.

E-Cat

I don't recall anyone here arguing for God. The other person never implied it either. You just assumed it. But you're right let's get back to topic
I have never seen an agnostic creationist, and there’s a good reason for that. Obviously, they wouldn’t want to explicitly acknowledge being religious, because that would create the appearance of reasoning backwards from the conclusion

What a mess, Hamas and ISIS are one in the same and anyone who tries to deny or tries to break down the difference is a shitbag. A terrorist is a terrorist.

And now what, there cutting the heads off of babies. And don’t get me started on the Times Square pro-terrorism demonstration.

IDF should really be able to go door to door and flush them or in circle the battlespace(s) and slowly choke them out but if Gaza is anything lik Tal Afar with tight maze like streets cramped alley ways… that’s what they train for but of course the hostage situation makes things a little tricky…. just rambling thoughts.

A nod to the Mods for flushing out the pro terrorism people regardless of how long they’ve been a member here.

Ironbunny

What a mess, Hamas and ISIS are one in the same and anyone who tries to deny or tries to break down the difference is a shitbag. A terrorist is a terrorist.

And now what, there cutting the heads off of babies. And don’t get me started on the Times Square pro-terrorism demonstration.

IDF should really be able to go door to door and flush them or in circle the battlespace(s) and slowly choke them out but if Gaza is anything lik Tal Afar with tight maze like streets cramped alley ways… that’s what they train for but of course the hostage situation makes things a little tricky…. just rambling thoughts.

A nod to the Mods for flushing out the pro terrorism people regardless of how long they’ve been a member here.

I think this time IDF will deal any difficult hotspot with leveling buildings and picking up the bodyparts.

Majormaxxx

I agree.

As for going door to door - hundreds of thousands of civilians, women and children will die this way, not to mention probably at least 10% of the IDF soldiers...

My cents - the West using terrorists to further their geopolitical interests should finally stop.

The Taliban were first used against the Soviets. It backfired.

Hamas/The Muslim Brotherhood was first facilitated outside and inside Palestine by Israel itself (WaPo article - > https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2014/07/30/how-israel-helped-create-hamas/ ) as a force to fight the PLO. Turns out Hamas is much worse than the PLO. It backfired.

The Muslim Brotherhood is being used as "moderate rebels" against al-Assad... Hypocrisy at the very least and mid-to long term major stupidity and crime...

Hopefully soon a seize-fire, a stop to the violence and a more fair treatment inside Palestine, including let the people leave the freaking place without using a tunnel or being shot in the sea. Israel should establish a military presence there, police them and treat them fairly, not like prisoners.

PakiChilli

Banned
Some of you need to educate yourself better on this issue before you talk.

Pro-Palestine ≠ Pro Hamas
Pro-Palestine ≠ Anti Semetic

What Israel has been doing for decades was illegal and violated human rights. Even now cutting off everything (supplies/water etc), and using white phosphorus is inhumane.

Everyone got so worked up about the photo that was posted by someone a page ago.

If you have the balls watch this, and dare tell me that the Palestinians deserve this and had it coming?

LordCBH

What Israel has been doing for decades was illegal and violated human rights. Even now cutting off everything (supplies/water etc), and using white phosphorus is inhumane.

Everyone got so worked up about the photo that was posted by someone a page ago.

If you have the balls watch this, and dare tell me that the Palestinians deserve this and had it coming?

They are getting everything they fucking deserve at this point.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

With the current situation, people are going to associate Palestine = Hamas eventually despite lecturing them and all that. Thanks to social media, the violence via videos and news are spreading like wildfire.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

I think you are simplying the issue. Israel's existence is always at risk. Notice how attacks also came from Lebanon and Syria. One drop of blood in the water and the sharks will come. It's not Israel who repeatedly voted against sharing the land since the 40s. Just look at all the pro-Hamas demonstrations world-wide. That hate for Israel has always been lingering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom