• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernova8

Banned
Don't you have to serve in the IDF legally to be a citizen? Not that it makes it justified but she could be a university student who is serving.
My initial reaction to that video of her was "wait she's wearing IDF attire, no?" but it's probably just a coincidence (not like it's illegal to wear green baggy clothing)

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Of all this, I am enjoying the near-universal show of support here

Indians: Wtf bro, let us at em, let us at em!
Israel: Dude chill just give moral support we got this

gothmog

Gold Member
My initial reaction to that video of her was "wait she's wearing IDF attire, no?" but it's probably just a coincidence (not like it's illegal to wear green baggy clothing)
It was more a question than anything. Nothing excuses what was done. Like how would a bunch of military people at a music festival make any sense around offense or defense of the country?

graywolf323

IDF announces that all Gaza buildings will be flattened ---> Hamas instructs everyone to stay indoors.

Yes, sounds about right.

they want civilian deaths because they know the useful idiots in the West will then blame Israel for it instead of Hamas for using civilian buildings to house their weapons etc.

it’s fucking disgusting that Hamas is openly committing war crimes but the UN will instead condemn Israel for defending themselves

TransTrender

Gold Member
The linked receipts
64hE7oE.png
Sdxqrgl.png

Edit:
Jesus Christ lol
""Journalistic Standards""
That shave looks like a fucking Starfield parody

Last edited:

Kilau

Yale professor of American Studies, Zareena Grewal:

G7foTTS.jpg

Not true, of course. She is a university student who was attending the music festival when she was abducted.

This Yale professor's feed is full of extremist rhetoric about zionism, fake footage that isn't even from the current conflict and other lies, and justifications for terrorism.

itAvzex.png

Not some adjunct at a podunk school. A professor at Yale.
“What motivates hamas”… you can’t assign logical motivation to people who behead babies, rape, and murder innocents. Call it what it is, this is such a low bar. These people enable these terrorist animals and I’m fucking done with them.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
The problem with the news media showing crumbling buildings and injured Palestinian kids is that they dont show the children and babies executed by Hamas terrorist in cold blood. It is insane that this is even an argument. one side literally went into a town, went door to door killing entire families, beheading them, and the other side is bombing hamas targets that are purposefully stationed between civilian apartments.

I have no idea how you justify this. I have no idea how muslims across the world see babies being murdered by muslims and not only think this is ok, but also go out there and support hamas in the streets of western countries. this simply doesnt make sense. up is down, right is left, this world has gone to shit.

we need mass re-education of the muslim world starting in western countries with all muslim immigrants. similar to what we did with the Germans and the Japanese after WW2. this is not normal. no one should be supporting this let alone celebrating it on the street. If this is left unchecked, the kids of these people will grow up radicalized in the west and especially in the u.s where guns are so readily available to citizens and green card holders alike, this is a recipe for disaster.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
NYT coverage of the same events has changed drastically. Their initial reporting was despicable, showing nothing of the terrorist attacks and only of the damage to buildings in Gaza, referred to the terrorists as anything but terrorists.

Now corrected, days later.

badblue

Gold Member
The linked receipts
64hE7oE.png
Sdxqrgl.png

Edit:
Jesus Christ lol
""Journalistic Standards""
That shave looks like a fucking Starfield parody

CBC and many other news organization's don't don't always use the word "terrorist" when describing what is going on.

“It is the CBC's practice – and it has been the practice in CBC newsrooms for over 30 years now – to try to avoid using the words ‘terror' and ‘terrorist' on their own as a form of description without attribution,” Enkin wrote. “I think you will find many of the leading news organizations in the western world follow a similar practice.”

Enkin added: “Given the often political and premature use of these words, our preference is to describe the act or individual, as ‘bomber', ‘militant' or ‘gunman', for instance, and let the viewer or listener make his own judgment about the nature of the event.”

The aim, she said, is to give the audience enough information to reach its own conclusion.

Reuters, the world's largest news agency, only uses the term “terrorist” when it is attributed to someone in direct speech. “We may refer without attribution to terrorism or counter-terrorism in general but do not refer to specific events as terrorism. Nor do we use the word terrorist without attribution to qualify specific individuals.”

Reuters says the policy is part of a wider approach that avoids “the use of emotive terms. . . We aim for a dispassionate use of language so that individuals, organizations and governments can make their own judgment on the basis of facts.”

The British Broadcasting Corporation notes there is no consensus on what constitutes a terrorist or a terrorist act. “As such, we should not change the word ‘terrorist' when quoting someone else, but we should avoid using it ourselves . . .not because we are morally neutral towards terrorism, nor because we have any sympathy for the
perpetrators of the inhuman atrocities which all too often we have to report, but because terrorism is a difficult and emotive subject with significant political overtones.”

Other major news organizations take a similar approach by calling Hamas "Militants" or "Gunmen" over "Terrorist" as well.

Of all this, I am enjoying the near-universal show of support here

Indians: Wtf bro, let us at em, let us at em!
Israel: Dude chill just give moral support we got this

Only if the Indians promise to dress the Hamas fightings up in pink outfights before laying into them. We have the making of a potential hit Netflix series
indians-fighting-slapping.gif

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The Palestinians have basically no where to go ... I find it comical that ADITAR says they have the option to leave to Egypt when 1. Egypt doesn't want them and 2. IDF destroyed the roads for them to leave at the border. They would have to try to go to Israel but that's not an option either. So they're stuck.

Everyone has failed these people stuck in Gaza... Starting with Hamas

The Palestinians have basically no where to go ... I find it comical that ADITAR says they have the option to leave to Egypt when 1. Egypt doesn't want them and 2. IDF destroyed the roads for them to leave at the border. They would have to try to go to Israel but that's not an option either. So they're stuck.

Twitter isnt the best source but something might get worked out.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח

First, they failed themselves by selecting Hamas all those years ago. And I say that as we Israeli have also failed in selecting our current government, which wasn't focused on all of Israel.

Second, IDF didn't destroy roads, IDF blocked food trucks from coming in, when we said blockade we meant it.

Third, fuck around and find out.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
He puts it in quotes, he's against it if you look at his replies. He's being very cynical and sarcastic which doesn't help.
That doesn't help at all because it is a phrase most popularly known through a song.

Anyways as I said before he seems completely incoherent. If he isn't under some sort of heavy chemical influence, he should really take some classes on how to clearly articulate himself.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
First, they failed themselves by selecting Hamas all those years ago. And I say that as we Israeli have also failed in selecting our current government, which wasn't focused on all of Israel.

Second, IDF didn't destroy roads, IDF blocked food trucks from coming in, when we said blockade we meant it.

Third, fuck around and find out.

I doubt they knew that Hamas would make their lives as bad as it's been when they voted. Just like we didn't know how LUDICROUS a certain president would be when he was elected.

That was 2007... It's 2023 now. 16 years under the yoke of Hamas ... Many Palestinians don't want Hamas there, as seen in a story posted a few pages back.

You keep going on about "fuck around and find out" ... Your anger should be on Hamas and their barbarism and not the people who are suffering UNDER Hamas.

G-Bus

Banned
Why is HAMAS supposedly well supported in Palestine and does it have anything to do with how Israel treats that region as a whole?

Im not super opinionated on the topic but the sheer love for Israel at this time doesn't feel entirely warranted.

I am in no way condoning what's happening or has happened to Israel with that latest attack and the reports of beheading babies. Pretty fucked up.

Isn't 40% of Palestine 14 years old and younger? Google says so. 3% is 65 and older.

I remember seeing a lot of videos over the years of IDF treating Palestinians very poorly. Some of it pretty fucked up but I also get it's a small picture and short videos can be very misleading?

Isn't Israel constantly encroaching on palestinian land?

Very complicated issue from what I'm seeing, especially when you look at the history of the region.

To be very clear I am not well versed in what Palestinians have done outside of what I've said here. Id like to think Israel has good reasons for this stuff outside of what's happened this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom