• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kings Field

Rotated out my home defense rifle with my Tavor in tribute to Israel.

God bless Israel and all who stand with them.

DDKyef9.jpg

Toots

Gold Member
Sucks too see so many innocent people continue to die. Such an absolute waste of life.

Fuck the Palestinian terrorists for all the violence they caused. They're murdering scumbags.

And Fuck Israel for bombing the Palestinians. They're murdering scumbags.

Fuck the biased antislamic and antisemite scumbags who are using this situation as fuel for their bigotry.
And last but not least fuck you with your holier-than-everyone stance, and your incapacity to have an opinion even seeing in real time what is happening

“Glory to the martyrs.” Imagine walking past this on campus.

There's a time when ignorant support is as bad as supporting knowingly. What a bunch of stupid shits. Special mention to the 12 yo girl who's posing aggressively towards the cops while spewing shit she doesn't understand. Posing aggressively as mean of resisting the evil empire of the west. What a bunch of fucking idiots. I wish she was in an islamic state, at least we would not have to suffer her moronic dance...

XwzZ4gJ.jpg

One thing that makes me happy, there's not one manifestation, no leaflets, posters or anything glorifying the terrorists on my campus which is a huge parisian humanities campus (i won't name names, i let you check my ip adress EviLore EviLore to see which one i'm talking about). It is still full of half brained youth living vicariously through the perceived hardships of minorities they'll never encounter nor really help, when their own parents pay for their overpriced parisian flat. But they seem to have enough sense not to do that shit, so they at least have some common sense.

RAÏSanÏa

Peter Hitchens is one of the most level headed and sensible heads around in the UK. One of the few voices of reason left who gets plaformed.
He's been to Gaza and the region a lot.

Worth a listen.

According to wikipedia he said that Crimea should be part of Russia and there should be harsher penalties for cannabis usage. The guy doesn't sound like he comes to good conclusions.

hyperbertha

Sucks too see so many innocent people continue to die. Such an absolute waste of life.

Fuck the Palestinian terrorists for all the violence they caused. They're murdering scumbags.

Fuck the biased antislamic and antisemite scumbags who are using this situation as fuel for their bigotry.
Both sidsing this ain't gonna work. Hamas lay down weapons= peace
Israel lay down weapons = utter carnage and annihilation.
can you really blame the world for being wary of islamic groups?

eNT1TY

Many country or city politicians dont outright condemn any big terrorist attacks, since 99% of the attacks are linked to crazy mid east insurgents willing to blow up cars, kill foreigners. And the crazy followers do what they are doing now in western cities (anti-Israel chants in public). Lets face it, it's a volatile group of loud people who dont give a shit. where you never know if bombs or flag burning will happen, so city mayors and country leaders got to watch what they say or else they'll get a target on their people.

That's why Israel going full ape shit with counter attacks is the best way to push back. All the back and forth skirmishes you hear about in the news here and there means zero. That can go on forever. But make a real stand and it can make a real difference. It's kind of like WWII. USA and Japan going balls deep in Pacific battles with a ton of ships and island wars. US drops a couple nukes and suddenly Japan waves the white flag. If the US didnt do that who knows how long the Pacific battles would go on for.
A strong response from Isreal is not only necessary but it is paramount. The message it send is one of complete submission and service to the will of their people, Israeli lives will ALWAYS matter more to Isreal than the lives of those who seek to harm it, and by proxy the lives of those who shield and enable them (passively or otherwise); they have the means to protect their people and it would be a betrayal of trust if they didn't employ every resource they could dispense for the cause. The jurisprudence of "disproportionate" retaliation is perhaps something that can be rationally discussed but only when or after the threat of continued terrorism has been significantly nullified. I don't think the boots on the ground for the IDF whose child or mother got kidnapped, stabbed, mutilated or murdered want to go in an start popping heads; they HAVE to, they need to utterly diminish the ability of further retaliation and that will cost lives and in their point of view hopefully more of the enemies than their own.

LordOfChaos

There are videos of interviews with the protesting people in Canada where they don´t even know about the Hamas attacks. They are just on the street to protest against Israel.
I think that's true of many people just blindly condemning Israel here, they just know "Israel bad" and not about the atrocities that spurned the response

Atrus

Gold Member

The target of Israeli operations is Hamas. If it were the Palestinian people, things would look a lot different. The “both sides” nonsense quickly forgets why Israel is even acting in the first place.

What would you like them to do instead? How would you kill tens of thousands of Hamas fighters much less deal with the hundreds of thousands of members and supporters? You cannot be in favour of peace if you want the enemies to come back and commit their violence again.

In the same way any and all loss of Russian life in their war on Ukraine is on Russia, any and all loss of Palestinian lives is on Hamas in their war on Israel.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
And last but not least fuck you with your holier-than-everyone stance, and your incapacity to have an opinion even seeing in real time what is happening

There's a time when ignorant support is as bad as supporting knowingly. What a bunch of stupid shits. Special mention to the 12 yo girl who's posing aggressively towards the cops while spewing shit she doesn't understand. Posing aggressively as mean of resisting the evil empire of the west. What a bunch of fucking idiots. I wish she was in an islamic state, at least we would not have to suffer her moronic dance...

XwzZ4gJ.jpg

One thing that makes me happy, there's not one manifestation, no leaflets, posters or anything glorifying the terrorists on my campus which is a huge parisian humanities campus (i won't name names, i let you check my ip adress EviLore EviLore to see which one i'm talking about). It is still full of half brained youth living vicariously through the perceived hardships of minorities they'll never encounter nor really help, when their own parents pay for their overpriced parisian flat. But they seem to have enough sense not to do that shit, so they at least have some common sense.
That University of Wisconsin clip goes to show how dumb the people are.

If someone was brought up in the mid east and all you ever learned was eternal battles from birth thats one thing. But if you are in the US, and "should" have learned by now western style living isn't as bad as claimed from terrorists and any mid east government downplaying the west, you'd think they'd smarten up and realize "Hey, it's not as bad here as I was taught. Fuck the old rhetoric". And if it sucks so, then leave and go to University of Gaza Strip.

Instead, these loose cannon followers are so amped up it's like permanently ingrained in their brain with bigoted protests and all.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Whoever was doubting that any civilian was a target in this attack, babies included, should have to watch the pictures for a few minutes just so they can be sure of course...

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Have religions even not been about killing, deceit and greed?
I'm Jewish, I read key parts of the bible, but sorry, don't remember us being a genocidal people. Ever. We did go to war, and god told us one people we should kill (Amalek), but not really.

Greed and deceit are not that bad compared to killing, imo. I think religion starts with good, it fosters a community, shared burden and such. But it does turn into everyone interpreting it their own way.

We celebrate life, when we toast we say "Le'Chaim" which means to life.

Last edited:

Bojji

The current Polish government are corrupt motherfuckers and should in no way be held up as an example of good policy.

They are to some extend and I hate many of the other things they are doing but this was operation of few people and it was entirely driven by personal profits. Government policy is completly different.

I would love to see people of different ethic backgrounds living peacefully and coexisting together but humans are to tribal for this to work for long amounts of time.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
Buddhism comes to mind. It's been mostly peaceful..
I was about to say that.
Well as long as you are not Rohingya

Maybe the question is :
Is there any religion or philosophical system which had not been used to justify persecution/killing of others ?
Maybe a joke religion like Pastafarianism.

LordOfChaos

Buddhism comes to mind. It's been mostly peaceful..

Everyone says that but you know the Sri Lankan civil war only ended when most of us were already adults, very recently, the war crimes of the largely Buddhist government against the Tamils was never allowed to be investigated by third parties but the footage was pretty grim.

I'd agree they're /largely/ peaceful, but everyone has some shit

FeralEcho

These are apparently our future leaders guys so don't be surprised when these idiots sell your country to their neighbour because oops they forgot to read what they signed 😂 Wtf are they teaching these morons in schools nowadays if this is the bar we're at now where even even proofreading is too hard for some of them. Clown world! I hope each and every one of them gets expelled and shunned.These people need to understand their actions have consequences.

hyperbertha

Everyone says that but you know the Sri Lankan civil war only ended when most of us were already adults, very recently, the war crimes of the largely Buddhist government against the Tamils was never allowed to be investigated by third parties but the footage was pretty grim.

I'd agree they're /largely/ peaceful, but everyone has some shit

I was about to say that.
Well as long as you are not Rohingya

Maybe the question is :
Is there any religion or philosophical system which had not been used to justify persecution/killing of others ?
Maybe a joke religion like Pastafarianism.
Because spiritual beliefs are so tied into people's identity, it becomes easy to exploit. Says more about human nature than religions. However certain religions are different. They do foster violence explicitly.

Go_Ly_Dow

According to wikipedia he said that Crimea should be part of Russia and there should be harsher penalties for cannabis usage. The guy doesn't sound like he comes to good conclusions.

He's right. zero tolerance is the best drugs policy to greatly minimise the social, community and family havoc caused by liberal drugs policy that we've seen in the US. He's advocating for the same drugs policy as Japan, South Korea and Singapore, which has as close as you can get to 0 in a society for drug abuse and overdose deaths. Proven to work.

So actually he comes to very good conclusions which is why he's well respected amongst many commentators both left and right. Some people take offence to hearing the truth. Anyway this is a debate for another thread.

Last edited:

NickFire

Does this actually fit the mold for doxxing? I thought doxxing was revealing non-public information about people. But in this case these groups / students publicly expressed an opinion, which received more attention because of their privilege of having been admitted to a very exclusive university. They are just now being challenged over their public opinion from my vantage point, but reasonable minds may disagree.

RAÏSanÏa

He's right. zero tolerance is the best drugs policy to greatly minimise the social, community and family havoc caused by liberal drugs policy that we've seen in the US. He's advocating for the same drugs policy as Japan, South Korea and Singapore, which has as close as you can get to 0 for drug abuse and overdose deaths. Proven to work.

So actually he comes to very good conclusions which is why he's well respected amongst many commentators both left and right. Some people take offence to hearing the truth. Anyway this is a debate for another thread.
It certainly is a debate for another thread were all the facts like the impact of the justice policies to achieve zero tolerance are included.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I would love to see people of different ethic backgrounds living peacefully and coexisting together but humans are to tribal for this to work for long amounts of time.
Education, jobs and a good stable and honest government will do wonders. People are moulded by what they are brought up in. Some can break through and live their own honest life, but some cant and go with whatever junk they are shown.

I'm not religious, but in general not a fan of religion because so many battles are heavily based on it. Who knew a bunch of scripture written 1000s of years ago would influence modern day. I only go to church for weddings and funerals. Thats enough for me.

But peace can work. Most continents have tons of countries in them, but they arent trying to take each other over. And most of the hotbed battles are almost always in the mid east/Russian parts of the map. Brazil is bigger than all other SA countries combined. How come they dont rampage and try to take over? Why doesnt the US take over NA? Because over time, people get chill as everyone realizes trying to do global conquests and WW are stupid and it's better to just aim for prosperity. It can be done. How is it that Singapore went from dirt poor to high end in 50 years?

Isn't this the man who once called Hamas his friends? Babies have been decapitated. Children gunned down. Women raped and taken hostage. Yet this man thinks Israel are going too far?

I'll say this again. If Palestinians don't want this to happen then they need to root out Hamas from within and disassociate themselves. Something tells me they won't, though.

It's just an endless cycle that's going to perpetuate itself. Israel has a right to defend itself, but they should also know they're most likely inadvertently helping radicalize more people against them via collateral damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom