• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raven117

Is it a "free society" if those words brainwash, indoctrinate, and then cause ones to act?
Yes. That is a risk of freedom.

(The whole idea of free speech was the open market place of ideas so they could be addressed in open discourse).

Again, we are talking generalities here (free speech is not free violence), whether you believe in this fundamental principle or you don’t. If it can be qualified, then it’s not really free.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes. That is a risk of freedom.

(The whole idea of free speech was the open market place of ideas so they could be addressed in open discourse).

Again, we are talking generalities here, whether you believe in this fundamental principle or you don’t. If it can be qualified, then it’s not really free.
But if you're being indoctrinated and brainwashed, are you truly free?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
cant read that it needs a subscription
I took some screenshots. It's not in order. Try to read the whole article if you can.

KByjIfb.png

ke54uT7.png

aSxp8j8.png

pq069C1.png

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I feel dirty even beginning to defend anything to do with Corbyn the terrorist sympathiser... but that's how we spell defence in the UK.

Your salient point is 100% accurate though. The fucker can't help himself. He just has to weight his sympathies with the Palestinians. Can't be equal. Speaks volumes.
And now Bernie too. I'm seeing a pattern here with their ideology. They skip right over the cause and focus on the effect.

FunkMiller

I really, really hope no Muslims around the world take up this call tomorrow. I'm hoping his words will fall flat.

If any do, it'd be a very, very few nutcases.

I doubt I'm going to see my mate Adil storming down the road with a carving knife :pie_eyeroll:

You're no more likely to see Muslims out fatwahing their way across the place than you are Christians, if the Pope got up and called for everyone to stab up their neighbours.

cormack12

Gold Member
Seems to me that anyone "showing up" at one of these events has just declared themselves a terrorist and a prime candidate for a long boat ride to nowhere. This is a million times worse than any "rally for hate" nonsense they throw at a lot of other events in an attempt to demonize the attendees. Hopefully at the very least police/intelligence services are taking photos and putting names to faces.
Coupled with a conveniently timed

Faces being captured everywhere I have no doubts.

Last edited:

Exoil

Druckmann deleted his post huh. Very poor form, capitulating to pressure over a totally reasonable statement.
Well, he was kind of saved by "vile comments". And there wasn't just some of them there. (there was alot)

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Who make up less than 1% of total sales, really.

!

I also feel like this dude has some kind of responsibility. He's Israeli, if ANYONE can be a voice of reason and get the idea that opposition to Hamas isn't a far right talking point, it's this guy. But he's literally going to capitulate to keyboard Warriors. Politics change constantly. I've heard it said that there's no Republican party in the US, just two Liberal parties separated by 10-20 years. Ideals become vogue and burn out. He's the voice that could soften the radicilization on at least A PORTION of his audience, but no. We're too scared that the PR will negatively affect the next remake of The Last of Us' sales

Christ.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
!

I also feel like this dude has some kind of responsibility. He's Israeli, if ANYONE can be a voice of reason and get the idea that opposition to Hamas isn't a far right talking point, it's this guy. But he's literally going to capitulate to keyboard Warriors. Politics change constantly. I've heard it said that there's no Republican party in the US, just two Liberal parties separated by 10-20 years. Ideals become vogue and burn out. He's the voice that could soften the radicilization on at least A PORTION of his audience, but no. We're too scared that the PR will negatively affect the next remake of The Last of Us' sales

Christ.
Let's hope it plants the seeds of a wake up call, but I won't hold my breath. I can't imagine if he truly feels what he feels down to his bloodlines and soul, that he wants to be a part of that "woke" ideology that's championing these demons.

I guess we'll find out via undertones in TLoU3.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous

Humans were a mistake.

It's impossible to just scroll down a post like this and feel nothing.

I just had a baby, she is only 2 months old. As she smiles at me my whole world lights up, and then I imagine those kids who were decapitated and I can't help but cry. The monsters, the inhumane who could decapitate (!) a baby! A baby! There is nothing more beautiful and pure in this world than a baby.

And if you can kill a baby, that too in the most gruesome way, then you are a monster. And if you believe in a religion that facilitates that in any way, then that religion is the worst shit ever thought of. You, your supporters and any ideology that facilitates that must be wiped off with no quarters given or mercy shown.

I think about those parents who saw their children being murdered. My heart aches when my baby cries, I can't even imagine the madness if I ever saw what these people saw.

Last edited:

Raven117

But if you're being indoctrinated and brainwashed, are you truly free?
As a society, unfortunately, yes. Taken to its extreme, the freedom to be brainwashed and indoctrinated is being free.

There are inherent risks with freedom. Ones that the West has fundamentally decide is worth it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not sure if posted but there is a real problem in western world with these people.

Not just a western world. Everyone seems to hate Gaza Strip people. Even Egypt doesn't want to let them in and they are connected by a border.

As I said in an earlier post today, a very hostile and loud group of people annoyingly protesting in public. I didnt know until Badburger did a list yesterday, but no wonder all the countries in that Gaza Strip region want no part of them.

Last edited:

NickFire

I posted an article about this a page or two back. Some media seem to be trying to paint the students, who blamed Israel, as victims somehow. I've seen one article about a former student being grouped with these terrorist sympathizers which I would agree is unfair. If they already graduated and were no longer members they should not be accused of signing a letter that came months or years after graduation. But the ones who used their status as Harvard students to spread the message publicly are not being doxed in my opinion. They waded into a public discussion, spread their opinion, and now have to deal with the consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom