• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisIsMyDog

2tfsx4.jpg

ManaByte

A Minnesota native who had protested Israeli military action in Gaza and her husband — the son of Holocaust survivors- — were murdered by Hamas terrorists in a kibbutz near the Gaza border that has become synonymous with the militants’ atrocities.

Cindy Flash, 67, and Igal Flash, 66, were killed inside a safe room at their home in Kfar Aza — a pastoral farming community that was turned into a sprawling slaughterhouse Saturday

Was waiting for someone to have a Green Inferno moment.

What do the children have to do with that? And if anyone opposed Hamas on it how were they supposed to fight them? Come on, dude.
The same children that was brainwashed by Hamas and their own parents? Unless Israel separates them from the parents, I do not think they will grow up to become Israeli supporters. Like literally, we have children happily saying that they will die for ISIS (Hamas etc.) and their parents are cheering on them. What can be done with them? We have these women, who are oppressed by their husbands, willingly supporting the terrorists.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The same children that was brainwashed by Hamas and their own parents? Unless Israel separates them from the parents, I do not think they will grow up to become Israeli supporters. Like literally, we have children happily saying that they will die for ISIS (Hamas etc.) and their parents are cheering on them. What can be done with them? We have these women, who are oppressed by their husbands, willingly supporting the terrorists.
So because it is difficult just let them die of thirst? No, man. Up to 2 million preventable civilian deaths is not a fucking handwave issue. Hamas as to go and the radicalized adults will be a very difficult issue to handle but that isn't excuse for that. Not to mention if that happens we'll likely fly right into WW3.

winjer

Gold Member
Should probably have prioritized how to produce food and water over killing jews at school. Specially when those jews are the only ones keeping you alive.

They had all the time in the world to stop radicalizing and get rid of hamas, instead they choose to radicalize even worse and kill the people that kept them alive.

Maybe some muslim country's can step in and provide them food water and shelter. I doubt any western country gives 2 shits at this point.

Unfortunately, the EU will continue to send aid money to Palestine.
And of course, that will be used to plan more terrorist attacks. Build more infiltration tunnels. Buy more weapons.

So because it is difficult just let them die of thirst? No, man. Up to 2 million preventable civilian deaths is not a fucking handwave issue. Hamas as to go and the radicalized adults will be a very difficult issue to handle but that isn't excuse for that. Not to mention if that happens we'll likely fly right into WW3.
History tells us that huge palestinian populations are literally a threat to the government - it happened in Egypt, it happened in Lebanon and it happened in Jordan. It is a war, in war people die and palestinians should rebel against Hamas to gain any support. I don't see that happening, all I can see is that they will be forcefully pushed to Egypt (sooner or later) and Egypt will have something akin a civil war in the near future. You can't really think of 2m civilian deaths where a lot of these 2m civilians are happy to see Israel to fall apart and be destroyed. Israel should not have any responsibility over the population that literally wants to erase jews from the existence.

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

I'm really not sure you can stop this sort of thing, TBH.

You'd need a heavy police presence on all streets 24/7 which simply isn't practical

We all know the scum that do this are out there and always will be.

The only real deterrent is to catch them and come down so hard on the cunts, so the hatred is contained as much as possible.

I'm really not sure you can stop this sort of thing, TBH.

You'd need a heavy police presence on all streets 24/7 which simply isn't practical

We all know the scum that do this are out there and always will be.

The only real deterrent is to catch them and come down so hard on the cunts, so the hatred is contained as much as possible.
It can be stopped if people who does that were jailed, punished, fired etc. so they would be afraid to do that.

Dice

History tells us that huge palestinian populations are literally a threat to the government - it happened in Egypt, it happened in Lebanon and it happened in Jordan. It is a war, in war people die and palestinians should rebel against Hamas to gain any support. I don't see that happening, all I can see is that they will be forcefully pushed to Egypt (sooner or later) and Egypt will have something akin a civil war in the near future. You can't really think of 2m civilian deaths where a lot of these 2m civilians are happy to see Israel to fall apart and be destroyed. Israel should not have any responsibility over the population that literally wants to erase jews from the existence.
I can't dehumanize people so easily, especially like 800k kids. Just "war" doesn't brush things off like that for me, nor does the notion of it just being easier if people who hated us didn't exist. Egypt has already said they want to deliver aid, not let them into Egypt, yet even doing that requires making a way for it to happen. I'm saying whatever needs to happen to make that happen must happen quickly. We can't allow a 2 million person "whoopsie" to happen.

It's OK to think all this is true and still not sanction what Israel is doing right now.

winjer

Gold Member
I can't dehumanize people so easily, especially like 800k kids. Just "war" doesn't brush things off like that for me, nor does the notion of it just being easier if people who hated us didn't exist. Egypt has already said they want to deliver aid, not let them into Egypt, yet even doing that requires making a way for it to happen. I'm saying whatever needs to happen to make that happen must happen quickly. We can't allow a 2 million person "whoopsie" to happen.

If Hamas frees the hostages and surrenders to international tribunal, this thing would end today.
And if Hamas hadn't spent all the Billions in aid money to attack Israel, maybe they could have built the infrastructure to be self reliant.
Let's not shift the narrative into blaming Israel, for something that is 100% the fault of Hamas.

bbmcgee

Banned
There's been a few who've said that ...

And for ME I reject the excuse "this is war"... Tell that to the Iraqi civvies who had nothing to do with alqaeda or Hussein who lost their lives in the fog of war because of bad Intel or "just didn't care"

Every military has the DUTY to minimize loss of innocent life (meaning non-combatant) ... To just handwave it and say "well that's just war" ... No, I reject that!

And there HAVE been people either outright saying it or intimated it like in the Breaking Points video I shared tonight.

I WILL say we agree that the blame lies with Hamas... With ANYONE who has so much hate in their hearts to want to eradicate a whole group of people (antisemitism at full display) ... But there are those who feel the same about ordinary Palestinians...

It's a cycle that needs to be broken... Hopefully that starts with the END of Hamas!
Yes the duty is minimize the loss of innocent life, but not at the expense of fighting at all. That is what is being asked by some of Israel right now. That they shouldnt bomb the hell out of the people that murdered their children because of collateral damage. That standard effectively tells them they cant fight, or at best they can fight but have to make it way more difficult and dangerous for their own soldiers to protect their enemies families. Its not right. And its being compare to what happened to them last weekend, which is also clearly wrong.

Id hope that we ALL agree recklessly or purposely killing innocents for the sake of it is wrong. But until its proven that's what they are doing, full support should be behind Israel

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Germany’s rather mindless liberalism over the last few decades is understandable, given their track record, but its desire to see the rest of the world on its more enlightened terms has deeply damaged it. The trust placed in Russia, the open influx of people from cultures incompatible with Germany’s liberal values… these things were done in haste, and will take years to untangle.

I've been reading regular news reports the last 10 or so years about how famines in countries taken over by religious fanatics will kill X million people unless billions are sent.

Six million Afghans, the UN food agency warns, are one step away from famine

If nothing is done immediately, the country risks becoming what the UN has described as the worst famine seen in decades

Today, more than 17.4 million Yemenis are food insecure; an additional 1.6 million “are expected to fall into emergency levels of hunger” in coming months, taking the total of those with emergency needs, to 7.3 million by the end of the year.

In fact, the United Nations has stated that Gaza may well be unliveable by 2020: safe drinking water has almost disappeared, the economy is cratering and “the state of unlive-ability is upon us”, he said, urging the international community to insist that all parties bring an immediate end to this disaster.

And yet, the population in these countries keep rising by several percent per year. Did they discover how to live on sand and stones? Or are these predictions mostly political and not based on reality?
That is not to say that famine is impossible. Millions died due to real famines in Central Africa after the wars there devastated farming and infrastructure. No one went into the streets screaming for justice but it was very real. And in how this war came to be is an important lesson, the genocidal Hutu regime in Rwanda was allowed to flee the country under French protection. Once settled there in camps they started extorting aid agencies for money to fund attacks back into Rwanda which decided to back Congo rebels and do an outright invasion which spiralled out of control into a regional war. The book Dancing in the Glory of Monsters is a terrific source of information, if the Rwandan rebels had been allowed to kill the Hutu hardliners which were many thousands, this could have saved millions. Instead the can was kicked down the road and made things, which were already terrible, much worse.

It is not up to Israel to think of survival of a population that literally wants to eradicate them. And every other country in the area does not want palestinians in because they learnt hard way that palestinians will cause them issues. When WW2 was happening, I don't recall people crying about poor germans dying during bombings.

Last edited:
It's like Nuremberg 1936 all over again.
These are brown people so that's ok /s Now imagine people with nazi flags marching...

By and large, I guess that's how the western society will fall in our lifetimes. Western Roman Empire under the invasion of barbaric tribes and I believe people living in the roman empire were supporting those migrants too.

Last edited:

Dice

If Hamas frees the hostages and surrenders to international tribunal, this thing would end today.
And if Hamas hadn't spent all the Billions in aid money to attack Israel, maybe they could have built the infrastructure to be self reliant.
Let's not shift the narrative into blaming Israel, for something that is 100% the fault of Hamas.
I'm not making a statement about blame for the situation. The fact is that in the present moment Israel is the only party who has the power to effect a solution. It is their blockade to Egypt that is up so they are the only ones who can open a way for aid to be provided.

winjer

Gold Member
I'm not making a statement about blame for the situation. The fact is that in the present moment Israel is the only party who has the power to effect a solution. It is their blockade to Egypt that is up so they are the only ones who can open a way for aid to be provided.

No and no. Hamas is the only one that can solve this situation today. All they have to do is surrender and deliver the hostages. Period.
You can't expect a country that suffered such a massive attack against it's civilian population to just back down. This is not the fault of Israel.

Dice

No and no. Hamas is the only one that can solve this situation today. All they have to do is surrender and deliver the hostages. Period.
You can't expect a country that suffered such a massive attack against it's civilian population to just back down. This is not the fault of Israel.
How does allowing aid on the other side of the strip require them to back down from their operations against Hamas in the north?

bbmcgee

Banned

That is false. Hamas can release the hostages, which I believe Israel has said would result in the water back. But, for some reason thats getting ignored. Everything is Israel's fault. Israel has to give water to save the Palistinians while their own people stay in capitivity.

winjer

Gold Member
How does allowing aid on the other side of the strip require them to back down from their operations against Hamas in the north?

Israel doesn't control all sides of the Gaza strip. Aid can still come in.
And let's remembers that if Hamas hadn't wasted so mu8ch aid money into attacking Israel, the people in Gaza would have the infrastructure to be more self sufficient.

And let me remind you again. All that Hamas has to do is surrender and deliver the hostages, and this thing ends.

bbmcgee

Banned

It doesnt. Obviously they CAN do that. But they have set the conditions. The people that stole their children and wives have to give them back. That sounds reasonable to me. Its what I would do as well in the same situation.

winjer

Gold Member
How about a new rule. hold up a swastika and you get shot. No questions.

How quick will these college students supporting terrorists cry and change their tune then?

Maybe not a real bullet.
But one of those rubber bullets that sting a lot, might be a lesson in life.

Madflavor

It doesnt. Obviously they CAN do that. But they have set the conditions. The people that stole their children and wives have to give them back. That sounds reasonable to me. Its what I would do as well in the same situation.

The problem with that reasonable line of thinking is that you're dealing with unreasonable people. Hamas are not giving up the hostages and surrendering. The sad reality is those hostages, including the children and babies, are as good as dead if they're not already.

BlackTron

Israelis: You abducted my kids, give them back or we will not stop bombing you or let anyone help you
Hamas: I'm not sure I want to do that yet, but while I'm deciding...you should send our kids some water
Israel: No
The world: Come on think of the children

bbmcgee

Banned
The problem with that reasonable line of thinking is that you're dealing with unreasonable people. Hamas are not giving up the hostages and surrendering. The sad reality is those hostages, including the children and babies, are as good as dead if they're not already.
I'm well aware. That doesnt change what Israel has to do.

I can promise you, if my country failed at our protecting our borders such that my child was stolen, didnt get him back, and then went back to supply the people that did it ith supplies for them to live, I would become the biggest terrorist threat for them to worry about. I'm 100% blowing shit up if that happens

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom