• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hamas terrorists infiltrated Israel. 1400+ killed, 2400+ wounded, 240+ abducted. Israel declares war

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0hnnix

"AHHHH IT BURNS!"
ben affleck jesus GIF

IDF sure is annihilating a lot of innocent Palestinians goddamn. Like did they really need to trick, ambush and massacre those people escaping?

That is called revenge, not defense, not responding to terrorism.

Hamas should burn but what is this shit. We are still in the midst of having so much empathy for Ukraine and the innocents that are getting killed, and the IDF is doing stuff like that.
You fell for hamas propaganda. The video clearly shows a car bomb of some sorts if that's the video you're referencing.

Is it that effing hard to trust Israel right now as a part of the international community that they they won’t specifically target civilians? Seems impossible for some.

Can we all just be ready to help with the humanitarian crisis when it’s established the aid will help civilians?

We know the US is very much trying to negotiate with Egypt for help with that border…. There is a lot to be done there.

The problem with letting the Palestinians over is that nobody wants them. The Arab world sure does love to complain and bitch a lot but no body steps up anymore. Although, they don't for reasons. Just ask Jordan, for example, they're nothing more than a destablizer. No other Arab country will take them for good reason.

Raven117

The problem with letting the Palestinians over is that nobody wants them. The Arab world sure does love to complain and bitch a lot but no body steps up anymore. Although, they don't for reasons. Just ask Jordan, for example, they're nothing more than a destablizer. No other Arab country will take them for good reason.
Yeah… kinda telling.

Still, they likely need to figure out something. Guess it just depends how this all plays out.

FunkMiller

You say this but doesnt it depend on what it would take for the US to start fighting? I'd imagine things could get pretty bad before anyone in the USA wants the US deeply involved in the capacity you're suggesting.

Well, yes. It would. But John was talking about the chances of this current febrile situation escalating into a global war. This is extremely unlikely given the size and scale of the U.S's military capability.

laynelane

Sigh... The hatred is off the charts

For all those people painting extremists as noble freedom fighters or peaceful people who just want change - this is actually what is going on. There would be no point in showing such people this, though, since they'd rather rationalize (poor oppressed man has been pushed too far and only speaks in anger or some bs like that) stuff like this (and ignore terrorism dependent on which side they support) than look at the situation realistically. There's been a few tweets condemning Israel posted, but I try to remember that the world at large is not being fooled by this pseudo-activism any more.

Last edited:

bbmcgee

Banned
Man fuck the US media. CBS broke into the college football games just now for a "special report" painting Israel as being in the wrong against "closed in" Palestinian "militants".
We didnt take this seriously enough. The US media cant just be mocked, its dangerous.

BlackTron

Not sure how I feel about a purely defensive laser system being the inspiration for the planet-wiping Death Star of David. Admittedly I laughed but the imagery is unsettling while giant swaths of dolts are out there calling Jews Nazis at the same time.

How about Hoth's ISD-stopping ion cannon lol

Portugeezer

What's propaganda about this? This is hopeful to me! This is a good thing! The Polish citizens of the 3 main faiths acting like civilized beings
I would guess that the propaganda is that Poland has a tougher stance against immigration, especially from Muslim conflict areas; the idea being that limiting that also limits islamist extremism.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I don't know much about the Iron Beam... I'll Google it soon. Still catching up on comments. Is it like a pulse cannon or something?
I googled it. It's supposed to take down projectiles that Iron Dome missiles cant get to.

Iron Beam (Hebrew: קֶרֶן בַּרְזֶל, keren barzel), officially מגן אור, magen or, "Light Shield", is a directed-energy weapon air defense system which was unveiled at the Singapore Airshow on February 11, 2014[1] by Israeli defense contractor Rafael Advanced Defense Systems.[2] The system is designed to destroy short-range rockets, artillery, and mortar bombs; it has a range of up to 7 km (4.3 mi), too close for the Iron Dome system to intercept projectiles effectively.[2][3] In addition, the system could also intercept unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).[4] Iron Beam will constitute the sixth element of Israel's integrated missile defense system,[2] in addition to Arrow 2, Arrow 3, David's Sling and Iron Dome.[5]

Brucey

Is it that effing hard to trust Israel right now as a part of the international community that they they won’t specifically target civilians? Seems impossible for some.

Can we all just be ready to help with the humanitarian crisis when it’s established the aid will help civilians?

We know the US is very much trying to negotiate with Egypt for help with that border…. There is a lot to be done there.
My understanding is Egypt have said no foreign nationals can exit Gaza into Egypt unless aid is also allowed into Gaza.

ThisIsMyDog

The first thing that comes to mind is the Poland Ball meme about the US having blue balls.

Found it.
I once read an analysis of North Korea, they want to be seen as this unstable, capable of unleashing war geapolitical actor but in fact everything they do is very logical from their perspective.

The most important thing for North Korea is the survival of the regime, not the destruction of the US or South Korea. Often people forget this, everything they do is aimed at that, including, of course, acquiring nuclear weapons, they don't want to ever use them, they just want to make sure that both the US and South Korea never want to get rid of them. By scaring world, they can also force humanitarian aid, most of which probably goes to the army so that it doesn't rebel, even soldiers with such brainwashed minds like North Koreans can think of getting rid of Kim as they starve to death.

Raven117

Well foreign nationals being dual citizens. Very doubtful they'll let a million+ Palestinians through.
Yeah… No way. Egypt doesn’t want those folks.

And they can’t “set up camps” for obvious reasons just inside the border.

Last edited:

BlueAlpaca

Going to wait for the receipts on this. (Particularly the date). This is not the official stance of Israel.

Feels like propaganda.

It's not official policy of course but how many Israelis think like this and how many more will there be? I think it's just going to go up, year after year. This conflict is never going to end and is only going to get bloodier.

It's not official policy of course but how many Israelis think like this and how many more will there be? I think it's just going to go up, year after year. This conflict is never going to end and is only going to get bloodier.
But can you really blame them? Literally every country is neighbourhood wants to destroy and kill them. And the only thing that stopped that is Israeli fighting back? How many wars did Arab states initiated and funded just to get rid of Israel? And the fun part is that unlike Hamas, they don't grow with the mentality of killing arabs.

Last edited:

Raven117

yes. It will get bloodier. Sadly and unfortunately.

Taking out Hamas is going to go along way. But the Israelíes are some enlightened cats. I trust them. The vast majority is not wanting the genocide of Arabs/Muslims.

I’ve said this before, how hard is it to give the benefit of the doubt to Israel?

There are a whole lot of bloodthirsty cultures throughout history… the Jews have never been on that list.

Last edited:
The same empty, paper tiger sabre rattling from tiny men in tiny places. I’d love to see Iran actually try to affect the combat zone. Go on, fuckers. Try it.
Well, it is easy for Iran to say that as they are far away and don't need to bother much. They will have their own trouble with Azerbaijan and Turkey potentially though.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I want to specifically buy this man a drink. He has fielded more dumbass questions from “hard hitting journalists” to explain why their country deserves the right to defend itself and that another countries citizens of the country that attacked them are not their immediate concern….woof.

I'd buy him a whole bottle of wine... Israel IS doing what they can. Hamas isn't making it easy for them to mitigate civvie casualties.

I pray for everyone in this.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Going to wait for the receipts on this. (Particularly the date). This is not the official stance of Israel.

Feels like propaganda.
Translation is more or less real as far as I can tell. Should take him off duty for that.

If he was part of the Lehi (I don't know if that's true or not), also bad news, as they were far-right extremists back in the day:

ThisIsMyDog

It pisses me off when people say that Israel is committing genocide, and this is not about my opinion of Israel. It's more about the fact that as a Pole I learned a lot about the real genocide that took place in my country, I don't understand how people can so easily throw around such an accusation and think they are right. How much of a stupid fucking moron do you have to be to come to such a conclusion.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Was that from the last week?

I’m willing to bet this is a one off (which we know will happen).
Looks current given the other stories the press ran about him as the oldest IDF volunteer for the war. Probably real.
Never learned of the Lehi…. Reading that wiki was wild.
Yep. The relics of the 20th century are sometimes best left unearthed. What a grim time for humanity.

Venom Snake

But before you go isolationist sell your biggest allies atomic bombs or we are screw here in Poland.

What do you need atomic bombs for in Poland? Our government cannot even maintain control over high-ranking military commanders, and those who have devoted their entire lives to the army are being pushed around by some shits from WOT after accelerated promotions. The last thing we need is to expand this competence mess to fields in which we have no experience whatsoever.

What we need are nuclear power plants, not weapons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom