• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HEADS UP: (XBOX) Many Midway Arcade Treasures 2 discs are defective

Don't know how true this is, but I heard similar stories at lunch

http://boards.ign.com/Xbox_General_Board/b5076/69580165/?8

I just got off the phone with my local EB Games manager (a friend of mine) and asked about Midway Arcade Treasures 2. He told me that they weren't arriving until Wednesday, but he also shared something else with me...

He said they just received news that a large number of the Xbox games are defective and are giving DDE's. He called over to the local Gamestop manager (they are friends) and he said he got the same news.

In fact, the Gamestop manager headed over to GameCrazy, which DID get the game today, and bought one for himself...and it didn't work at all.

So make sure that you TEST your copy of the game in-store before leaving with it. You might save yourself a return trip an hour or so later.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Ah, shades of the good ol' Dreamcast days. Never have I worried so much about purchasing a console game. :p

Nothing is worse than bringing home a game you were really anticipating and watching in horror as your system won't boot it. :(

Chi-Town

"He told me that they weren't arriving until Wednesday, but he also shared something else with me...

He said they just received news that a large number of the Xbox games are defective and are giving DDE's. He called over to the local Gamestop manager (they are friends) and he said he got the same news."

My question is this...where did these managers receive this news from? I could understand if the game had been out for a couple of days but it seems like most retailers haven't received the game yet so who discovered the problem?

hotnew.jpg
:D

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I remember having to exchange Sonic Adventure once and Blue Stinger THREE TIMES!

man... what a launch.... :(

the system still rules but sega really got slammed on that.

raYne

Saint Cornelius said:
shuri, are you high?
I know wtf? :lol

Way to fuck up Midway... thankfully I waited so that I could use one of my TRU freebies to pick it up. Hopefully this is all resolved by then. :/

evil ways

I caught the Sega DC bug at launch as well. First the console wouldn't play Sonic Adventure and then it completely scratched Soul Calibur and the console itself wouldn't power up.

Top Bottom