• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I want to murloc deck but I have like no murlocs. TIME TO CRAFTING, AMIRITE

ViviOggi

Who the fuck makes an online multiplayer game without a way to report the other player? Get your shit together Blizzard
The same company who still fails to implement replay and spectator functionality almost a year after their game has exploded in the competitive scene

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Don't bother until you start getting murlocs from packs. You need two epics and four rares for the deck to be even remotely viable and that's pretty expensive for a gimmick deck.

Castcoder

Banned

You're going to get the stink eye like I do for playing Slivers in Magic. Murlocs are okay, but I find it more fun to troll Murloc decks by throwing out a Charge Murloc and taking all of the effects for myself and going for the face with it. I too want to do Murlocs, but I don't know if it's justifiable, given how easy it is to clear the board, ESPECIALLY against a Control Druid.

ZealousD

You're going to get the stink eye like I do for playing Slivers in Magic. Murlocs are okay, but I find it more fun to troll Murloc decks by throwing out a Charge Murloc and taking all of the effects for myself and going for the face with it. I too want to do Murlocs, but I don't know if it's justifiable, given how easy it is to clear the board, ESPECIALLY against a Control Druid.

I play it myself for fast wins on my warlock quests. There's a reason that zoo is way more popular. It's heavily reliant on card draw and mages, druids, and rogues are extremely difficult matchups, and all of those are popular on ladder.

People glitching the game out when they're losing.

The hunter glitch that caused a disconnect has been fixed in a small patch like a month ago.

What are they doing to make you glitch out?

Because you're probably just facing a common disconnect/desync bug that has been an issue for a while. If you notice the game hangs, you can dc + reconnect. It has probably happened to me a total of 3 times and 2 times I got back into the game with no problems.

Tacitus_

Don't bother until you start getting murlocs from packs. You need two epics and four rares for the deck to be even remotely viable and that's pretty expensive for a gimmick deck.

Murlocs are fucking hilarious though. I once managed to get my tidecaller to stay on board and he ended up being 8/8 or something ridiculously huge.

Though a lot of the time your board just keeps getting wiped and you got nothing to do.

ShinNL

1-3 Arena Rogue pissed me off so much (3x f'ing mages), I decide to buy 40 packs.

Gruul (already owned),
Ysera (already owned),
Black Knight (already owned),
VanCleef,
Tirion

Damn son.

ZealousD

Murlocs are fucking hilarious though. I once managed to get my tidecaller to stay on board and he ended up being 8/8 or something ridiculously huge.

Though a lot of the time your board just keeps getting wiped and you got nothing to do.

Tidecaller coin Tidecaller
Tidehunter
Warleader

If nothing dies, that's the dream. Dead on Turn 3.

Although I feel like the only time you could pull that off is something like Handlock. Murlock is very reliant on being able to have several murlocs in play by Turn 3. If you have just 1 minion on the board by Turn 3, you are in a very bad spot.

Tacitus_

Tidecaller coin Tidecaller
Tidehunter
Warleader

If nothing dies, that's the dream. Dead on Turn 3.

Although I feel like the only time you could pull that off is something like Handlock. Murlock is very reliant on being able to have several murlocs in play by Turn 3. If you have just 1 minion on the board by Turn 3, you are in a very bad spot.

Yeah, something like that. And then I dropped in two of the +hp murlocs in a row.

Xanathus

Wish I had a Lorewalker Cho, seems like it plus Priest Shadowform is going to be an easy way to nullify all of the Naxx boss hero powers.

Paches

Having some really good success with my own flavor of Control Warrior in this meta. Seems to be pretty strong against most decks and a virtual free win whenever I run up against Freeze Mage. One of the more significant changes I made to something like TidesOfTime's deck is I added in a Sunwalker to put up a roadblock for aggro/miracle and it has been working pretty well.

Wasn't somebody saying that decks would be preset?

I'm not 100% on this because it was from a leaked image and it was hard to see, but I think you can do a few things with Naxx bosses. You can either craft a deck or fight them with a preset deck. The preset deck is the challenge fight with the boss, or something.

ZealousD

I'm not 100% on this because it was from a leaked image and it was hard to see, but I think you can do a few things with Naxx bosses. You can either craft a deck or fight them with a preset deck. The preset deck is the challenge fight with the boss, or something.

Ah, okay. Yeah, I guess if you can use your own cards, Lorewalker Cho would be pretty powerful. Boss spells are sure to be overpowered as all heck.

Violet_0

Banned
freeze mage is going to be one of the go-to decks for Naxx, especially because a lot of the bosses have abilities that punish playing minions. With freeze mage, you can clear the board, be careless with your minions, play ice block and ice barrier to survive long enough to finish them off with the alex combo

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
Yep I watched it live last night. It was hilarious.

Didn't think we'd ever get the story, it was glorious. Easily my favorite streamer, good game insight and always reads the dumb shit people post when they donate. Certainly more entertaining than someone like Trump - "So and so asks, do you have any interests outside of computer games?" "No."

Jrmint

Didn't think we'd ever get the story, it was glorious. Easily my favorite streamer, good game insight and always reads the dumb shit people post when they donate. Certainly more entertaining than someone like Trump - "So and so asks, do you have any interests outside of computer games?" "No."
Yep I agree completely, I really enjoy his salty personality. It's very genuine.

Xanathus

It's ridiculous how much I've ranked up playing zoo in an hour compared to staying in the same rank playing miracle for several hours. Miracle rogue is so inconsistent, there's like a 50% chance you auto-lose simply by not drawing into gadgetzan before turn 6.

zoukka

It's ridiculous how much I've ranked up playing zoo in an hour compared to staying in the same rank playing miracle for several hours. Miracle rogue is so inconsistent, there's like a 50% chance you auto-lose simply by not drawing into gadgetzan before turn 6.

Miracle is hard to play.

Kenaras

Got bored trying to listen to the Reynad story. I guess if I watched Reynad's stream constantly I'd find it more interesting, but as is, I just don't care.

The Tides of Time and DeerNadia flirtation from a couple days ago was hilarious, though.

Xanathus

Miracle is hard to play.
It's not really that hard, I'd say handlock is harder but the biggest problem with miracle is that the current meta is unfavorable to it. It's mainly good against control decks but everyone is playing aggro decks, I'd say 2/3rds of the rogues I've faced are aggro/backspace. Handlock also has the advantage over it.

Kenaras

It's not really that hard, I'd say handlock is harder but the biggest problem with miracle is that the current meta is unfavorable to it. It's mainly good against control decks but everyone is playing aggro decks, I'd say 2/3rds of the rogues I've faced are aggro/backspace. Handlock also has the advantage over it.

Miracle is trivial to play when you get a good draw. What makes it hard is playing it when you don't. The best Miracle players win more often than not even when they never see an Auctioneer.

ShinNL

A Zoo player who didn't concede and let me show all the cards.

5NITa6q.jpg

Not sure if he was being nice or not but he was trading more than he should, maybe fearing Savage Roar combo or just simply wanted to see everything.

CoolOff

Got bored trying to listen to the Reynad story. I guess if I watched Reynad's stream constantly I'd find it more interesting, but as is, I just don't care.

The Tides of Time and DeerNadia flirtation from a couple days ago was hilarious, though.

Is there a link to this? I only read something about Tides getting his heart broken.

Xanathus

Miracle is trivial to play when you get a good draw. What makes it hard is playing it when you don't. The best Miracle players win more often than not even when they never see an Auctioneer.
If you don't see an auctioneer, you're basically top decking and winning is mostly about luck and RNG. And typically you lose if your opponent is playing a less RNG reliant deck and can put out something on curve every turn.

Zafir

Yeah, there's a load. I swapped to it because it's the only deck i can really viable do with how little cards I have at the moment. I dunno if the others are the same, or what.

It's annoying. I wish I could play a different deck, but I just don't have the cards to do anything else. I'd love to try druid, since I enjoyed the playstyle, but I have no cards for it. xD

Rockyrock

at this point we're going to get twitch reality shows.

RealWorld: Twitch
"What happens when you put 8 streamers in a house together for a month? Stay tuned to find out!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom