• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pulled a golden Cenarius. Would the taunts that he produces be golden? If so, I might not disenchant him for another legendary even though I have a regular Cenarius. lol

Just pulled a golden Cenarius. Would the taunts that he produces be golden? If so, I might not disenchant him for another legendary even though I have a regular Cenarius. lol

They are. Just like Hogger creating golden taunts or paladin secrets summoning golden noble sacrifices. Golden = Golden no matter which way you shake it.

Edit: Just went 3/3 in Arena, popped the pack and it had Thalnos and the second FON I didn't have. MORE SOULS

zoukka

Aggro mage must be the worst deck in the game. Tried it for lulz and dailies and it feels completely unable to accomplish anything.

Xanathus

Just saw an interesting variant of Miracle Rogue, it had leper gnomes in it. Presumably it's there to counteract zoo and early aggro, and perhaps trick other miracles/handlocks into thinking you're backspace and make them spend cards more frivolously?

Nirvana

Just saw an interesting variant of Miracle Rogue, it had leper gnomes in it. Presumably it's there to counteract zoo and early aggro, and perhaps trick other miracles/handlocks into thinking you're backspace and make them spend cards more frivolously?

Also does 4 face damage through taunt (if they have minions on the board). Interesting...what do they take out for it? Sinister Strike? Although Forsen seemed to be the only one who played that anyway...

Xanathus

Also does 4 face damage through taunt (if they have minions on the board). Interesting...what do they take out for it? Sinister Strike? Although Forsen seemed to be the only one who played that anyway...

No there were sinister strikes as well, also had SI agents. I'm guessing he took out cold blood/sap/earthern.

Nirvana

Have enough dust for a Legendary, already got black knight, deathwing, van cleef, thanatos, leeroy. Not sure who to craft, I'm thinking Alexstrasza or Rag, but I'm not sure which is more versatile in terms of decks.

I wouldn't have the dust to make the giants for freeze mage unless I dust Deathwing, who I kind of like (and I don't really want to play freeze anyway) so I'm thinking Rag instead, but Alex seems good in a few decks.

Can any better players offer advice on which would likely be a better choice? Or perhaps an alternative use for my dust altogether.

Xanathus

Have enough dust for a Legendary, already got black knight, deathwing, van cleef, thanatos, leeroy. Not sure who to craft, I'm thinking Alexstrasza or Rag, but I'm not sure which is more versatile in terms of decks.

I wouldn't have the dust to make the giants for freeze mage unless I dust Deathwing, who I kind of like (and I don't really want to play freeze anyway) so I'm thinking Rag instead, but Alex seems good in a few decks.

Can any better players offer advice on which would likely be a better choice? Or perhaps an alternative use for my dust altogether.
Rag is generally more usable but Alex is essential in decks that use it like handlock and freeze mage.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Control Mage, is Onyxia or/and Ysers viable at all?

Anyone got a basic control mage deck out there?

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Control Mage, is Onyxia or/and Ysers viable at all?

Anyone got a basic control mage deck out there?

Any late game deck can run Ysera but you need other cards to bait out removals/silences. Just fuckin de Onyxia already.

Ikkarus

Rag is good, Slyvanas or Cairne are the other top suggestions as well.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I invented another card!

5zluJ4e.png

At the end of each turn, Corrupted Blood spreads to adjacent minions and deals 1 damage.

I DE'd a golden pyroblast the other day. It's a cool card but 1) I'm not really interested in freeze mage 2) if I was, I would play the Antonidas version (my first legendary) 3) nobody would ever notice my golden pyroblast because they would be too busy raging about dying to pyroblast.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any late game deck can run Ysera but you need other cards to bait out removals/silences. Just fuckin de Onyxia already.
Onyxia is a great legendary.

I invented another card!

At the end of each turn, Corrupted Blood spreads to adjacent minions and deals 1 damage.

Needs to be costed lower if it has that negative effect. Unless the corrupted blood spreads to enemies too. In which case it should still probably be 1 mana less.

Onyxia is a great legendary.

Sorry to burst your bubble but...

Maybe if you're playing like bloodlust Shaman or token Druid. Otherwise just mostly no.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
I played Onyxia/bloodlust deck. It's fun in casual. It will never be more than that.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Needs to be costed lower if it has that negative effect. Unless the corrupted blood spreads to enemies too. In which case it should still probably be 1 mana less.

I think you're misunderstanding. It's not a negative effect unless you were to cast it on your own minions. You pick which minion has corrupted blood. For instance, let's say your opponent has three minions. You pick the middle one, and then at the end of your turn, the Corrupted Blood spreads to the other two minions and then the middle minion takes damage. Then at the end of your opponent's turn, all three minions take one damage, and it spreads like that. It's essentially a constant AOE that your opponent has to play around. Could be absolutely devasting against zoo-type decks.

Alrus

I love Arena but damn getting shitty draft is so depressing. Just went on a run with zero epic or legs and really shitty rares.

Edit: Well I'm at 4-2 so it's not nearly as awful as I thought it would be.

Xanathus

I'm thinking of DEing my gold Mukla in order to make 2 Molten and 1 Mountain giants, those are the only things needed for my handlock deck. It seems like handlock is the way to go for consistent ranking in this meta but I kinda don't want to junk Mukla before Naxx comes out in case it turns out to be AI breaking like they start wasting bananas.

I'm an expert

I'm thinking of DEing my gold Mukla in order to make 2 Molten and 1 Mountain giants, those are the only things needed for my handlock deck. It seems like handlock is the way to go for consistent ranking in this meta but I kinda don't want to junk Mukla before Naxx comes out in case it turns out to be AI breaking like they start wasting bananas.

If you don't have a regular Mukla don't do it. Mukla is playable. I only just got a handlock deck because I finally pulled a regular Cairne and toasted my gold one. Handlock is good stuff.

Xanathus

If you don't have a regular Mukla don't do it. Mukla is playable. I only just got a handlock deck because I finally pulled a regular Cairne and toasted my gold one. Handlock is good stuff.

I need 1200 dust to craft them, and it looks like if I DE all my gold non-legendary cards of which I have 2 regular ones already I'll have 850 dust, and I have 195 dust now... so close to doing it. Maybe I'll arena more instead of laddering or buy some packs with gold since I have more than enough for Naxx.

I'm an expert

I need 1200 dust to craft them, and it looks like if I DE all my gold non-legendary cards of which I have 2 regular ones already I'll have 850 dust, and I have 195 dust now... so close to doing it. Maybe I'll arena more instead of laddering or buy some packs with gold since I have more than enough for Naxx.

If you have more than.. what's the total cost? 2100? 2800? .. you might as well. Otherwise, definitely dust gold cards you have the regular versions of.

Alrus

Well that Arena run that I thought would be a disaster turned out a profit and I got Milhouse Manastorm in the pack. Funny.

Anyway I guess milhouse is instant dust right?

Xanathus

Well that Arena run that I thought would be a disaster turned out a profit and I got Milhouse Manastorm in the pack. Funny.

Anyway I guess milhouse is instant dust right?

Keep it in case it turns out to be useful for Naxx. Might make AI do dumb shit like waste their spells.

Unpacked a Faceless Manipulator today and got enough dust for 2x Ancient of Lore, so I finally made them and built a Rampish Druid deck. Would do token since I think that's more fun, but I'm still lacking a second Force of Nature.

Missing BGH so I replaced that with a Naturalize, and I tossed in like Cairne and an Azure Drake instead of Ancients of War. We'll see how it goes. Shouldn't be too bad.

2nd Force of Nature is definitely next on the craft list though so I can have a full token deck, followed by the Wars.

On the premade decks, I assumed the hard challenges would only force your deck to comply to specific rules rather than give you an entire premade deck. For example make a deck out of 20cards and play with these 10premade cards or "can only have 1 legendary" and stuff. A full premade deck would be kinda boring, especially since it'll quite often come down to RNG if they're tuned too tightly. Basically, mulligan to get these cards, if you don't get them, quit and restart until you do, then draw x and y before turn 5 or restart. Feels a bit too limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom