• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

And they should have an opt-in checkbox in the options that lets you automatically chat with the randomly matched opponent if both have the box checked. No reason to take socializing away from all players if some don't want it.

It would still be a net-negative to the player experience. When I reinstalled lol recently, I forgot about all chat being disabled by default. The game was much more pleasant/fun because of it.

If they ever implemented a system for "free" communication, I'd still expect there to be restrictions. My idea would be to have an option to challenge the last player you vs'd in play mode to a rematch. If both players agree, the other person is placed on your friends list in a temp category and you can freely converse during the match. After the rematch, you can add them as a friend or just move on and the other person is dropped off your list.

I get the potential problem with non-friends opt-in chat. One might opt in to say "Hey good game! I like when you did that one thing and such and such." Only to have the other respond with "Fuck you bitch I hope you die of cancer and eat turds for breakfast!"

But there is just no excuse for a bad friends-chat system.

JesseZao

I get the potential problem with non-friends opt-in chat. One might opt in to say "Hey good game! I like when you did that one thing and such and such." Only to have the other respond with "Fuck you bitch I hope you die of cancer and eat turds for breakfast!"

But there is just no excuse for a bad friends-chat system.

I really would like a user made chat lobby system. They have it in their other games even.

In the end, this is the drawback to having a client that scales down to tablets and eventually phones. It's limited from being feature rich.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
When you cant get a winstreak, all of a sudden ranks become very slow, finally got one in 18 and im now 16

I'm not sure I understand your confusion. Spell power from your totem is functionally identical to spell power from a neutral minion. If you have a thalnos or kobold on the board, you're bolt will increase in damage.

yep, you don't understand

Person was asking why this is the only spell that has a range of damage.

I'm going to guess because it would be too good if it did 3 only.

Slashlen

I'm not sure I understand your confusion. Spell power from your totem is functionally identical to spell power from a neutral minion. If you have a thalnos or kobold on the board, you're bolt will increase in damage.

I think he means a variable damage spell. It's 2-3 damage without any modifications. What other spells have a range of damage?

I apologize, I guess I'm just not clear. The card reads,

Deal 2 - 3 damage to all enemy minions.

I'm just curious as to why it's variable when every other spell isn't.

Edit: It's cool JeeseZao, I appreciate the responses.

Editx2 : I suppose I'd like it if it were cheaper and did less, or more and did more, just as long as it was consistent.

Mordeccai

I cant begin to count the number of times RNG on lighting storm has screwed me over. And the damn mad bomber.

Last night I got especially pissed during an arena run. My mad bomber in the deck came out during two matches... and both times all three bombs hit me in the face with multiple 1 hp minions on the other side. Alt F4'd that shit so hard each time.

I cant begin to count the number of times RNG on lighting storm has screwed me over. And the damn mad bomber.

Last night I got especially pissed during an arena run. My mad bomber in the deck came out during two matches... and both times all three bombs hit me in the face with multiple 1 hp minions on the other side. Alt F4'd that shit so hard each time.

what

it is just a game. Even if you were going to lose the next turn, why quit like that? Calm down, it isn't the end of the world.

JesseZao

Editx2 : I suppose I'd like it if it were cheaper and did less, or more and did more, just as long as it was consistent.

I think it'd be cool to have the variable cost mechanic like in mtg for spells/effects in future expansions. Pay more/take bigger overload for more damage. If storm was converted to this system, it'd probably have to be 3cc Choose: 2 damage to all enemy minions - Overload (2) or 3 dmg ... Overload (4).

I think it'd be cool to have the variable cost mechanic like in mtg for spells/effects in future expansions. Pay more/take bigger overload for more damage. If storm was converted to this system, it'd probably have to be 3cc Choose: 2 damage to all enemy minions - Overload (2) or 3 dmg ... Overload (4).

I really like that idea, it would be cool if Shamans could choose Overload lost.

Unfortunately, I think HearthStone is going to keep it as simple as they can.

Xanathus

I really like that idea, it would be cool if Shamans could choose Overload lost.

Unfortunately, I think HearthStone is going to keep it as simple as they can.

They could just do it like how Druid cards work where you pick from 2 options, I think that would be great and make them less RNG. That's why Druids get more play over Shaman.

They could just do it like how Druid cards work where you pick from 2 options, I think that would be great and make them less RNG. That's why Druids get more play over Shaman.

Oh, I don't doubt they couldn't do it or anything like that, I just mean the Choose One is the druid mechanic, while Overload is the Shaman mechanic. If they did something where Shamans got something extra, they'd have to do something for every other class, and then there's a lot more things for people to worry about not only they are doing, but the people they are playing.

When I went to GDC, one of the biggest points of HearthStone was making it simple, easy, and accessible. This is all from a design perspective, and I could very well be wrong, we have no idea in what they're planning next.(Probably praying that the next Naxx wing opens without a hitch.)

ESRzdyp.jpg

This is fucking torture

Atuin

Just destroyed Freeze Mage. He tried to play Archmage and it got eaten by a Kodo.

Heh, I just played mage deck with 2 blizzards, cone of cold and frost nova and this bastard kodo'd my Archmage...

YOU MOTHERF-

Nah, I played that round real shitty. I'm still learning how to not rush with mage, people say she's the best arena class I have worse arena average with mages than rogues, druids, paladins or even hunters.

Edit: In another news: Oh man duplicate is so awesome! For some reason this spell-heavy rogue didn't appreciate my "so you killed my Loatheb? Have 2 more"-tactics

Ashodin

Heh, I just played mage deck with 2 blizzards, cone of cold and frost nova and this bastard kodo'd my Archmage...

YOU MOTHERF-

Nah, I played that round real shitty. I'm still learning how to not rush with mage, people say she's the best arena class I have worse arena average with mages than rogues, druids, paladins or even hunters.

Edit: In another news: Oh man duplicate is so awesome! For some reason this spell-heavy rogue didn't appreciate my "so you killed my Loatheb? Have 2 more"-tactics
I aint even remorseful

Cipherr

Yeah I love the duplicate card, its like card draw, but you have to be careful when you use it, don't want to end up with useless minions. I always play it where I can get some extra Yetis or Water Elementals or Black Knights etc haha.

I had a priest in a game yesterday who thoughtstole or whatever and played a secret of mine, I only run counterspell and duplicate so I coined to check, then just polymorphed his biggest threat on the board and pinged it with my hero power. I laughed as the next turn he played 2 sheep from his hand
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
Duplicate is powerful but its not beyond being countered, be careful when playing it against Shaman and Mages. A couple of sheeps or frogs == zero value.

Ashodin

We do, but we're in the midst of a hiatus while Naxx fully releases.

Huh, just got a Blizzard Hearthstone survey.

LSgcEa3.gif

Heh. Where's the all of the above button?

IwCCRlS.gif

Ahahahahah

NeoGAF's on the survey! As "Neogaf".

OTIX

Am I understanding this correctly? I have to phone up Apple in order to sort this mess out? Because that's messed up if true.

Neki

Paladin has been strong since Kolento popularized his pally deck, though I've added Sludge Belchers for even more value. I've beaten like 4 control warriors to fatigue. Zoo is still an uphill battle, and everyone is playing Zoo.

Mordeccai

omg, just got a golden Deathwing. Insta-dust material, right? Could craft me a Van Cleef, or really anything else. I only have Leeroy, Thalnos and Ragnaros atm.

Haunted

Most people take so fucking long on their turns. There's no need to let it go to the rope on turn 3.
Turn length should be determined dynamically by number of minions on board + number of cards in hand.

Or just start with shorter times for the first couple turns, then ramp it up as the board state gets more complex.

But I like the dynamic idea (just need to figure out how to account for card draw). The only thing worse than a slow player making you wait for the rope on turn 2 is waiting for the rope on turn 20 with empty board and both top decking. Sons of bitches be trolling.

inter

How good is the matchmaking in this game? I just started playing this week and it's my first card game, so it's still a bit overwhelming. Just don't want to jump in to playing real players and get wrecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom