• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT| Why tap cards when you can roll need [Naxx final wing out now]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Yeah Divine Favour is make or break for the deck. I love when they play a Northshire Cleric or Starving Buzzard, and I'm like, yeap, keep 'em comin :)

Got two more Leper Gnomes in my iPack. RNGesus, I pray to thee.

Yeah Divine Favour, not spirit...I get some of the card names mixed up.

The Leper Gnome rules...He always hit for 2 (poison)...For value, he's just great. Costs 1 mana, usually does 4 dmg total, or just cheap fodder for the knife juggler...Throw back to back gnomes, and it's easy by turn 3-4 to already have your opponent sub 20...Make em' panic..lol...Gimme a big hug!!!

I love it to with any card producing minions my opponent will have...Do specifically one dmg to the cleric, so they heal it..lol..they get a card, you get a card...

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Alright, i'm up to 1600 dust again. Time to make another legendary!

What I currently have

Bloodmage Thalnos
Nat Pagle
Carnie Bloodhoof
Hogger
Sylvanas Windrunner
Baron Geddon
Ragnaros the Firelord
Alexstrasza
Nozdormu
Ysera

Lord Jaraxxus
Edwin VanCleaf
Tirion Fordring

I'm thinking either Black Knight or Leeroy

def Leeroy

GeeDuhb

Well, switched my US iTunes account to a Canadian one using the tutorial on Reddit.

Cons: The game is almost unplayable on iPad Mini (1st gen). Its super laggy, crashed once, and takes forever to matchmake

Pros: This was the contents of the pack I got for free when trying on iPad
BkVNdA4IMAA9bVr.jpg

If you haven't already, I would try closing all the open apps and/or restarting the iPad. I played yesterday on a 1st gen Mini and there were some stutters here and there, but it was perfectly playable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What do you press to say "Well Done" and whatever else?

Right click your hero portrait to emote. Or, assuming the iPad uses intuitive controls, press and hold your hero portrait.

mikeebi3

Playing hunter for dailies

Not much action yet just been trading and burning down cards. Turn 5, but I've got 6 mana since he used arcane golem. I Drop 2 buzzards and a snake trap.

JACKPOT

he concedes with the quickness LOL. This game makes me super salty sometimes, but moments like this really make it worthwhile

It would be silly to buy an ipad just to play hearthstone right? I have a tablet already and a very good smartphone (galaxy s4).

But if I were to buy an ipad, which would be the best value? Runs it smooth 30fps and cheapest.

RkOwnage

For those who have Hearthstone downloaded on your iPad in the US, is it ok to switch your account back to the US after you download it?

Also, does anyone know what effects this will have when the app releases in the US itunes store? And how about buying packs?

Just want a little info before I switch over.

It would be silly to buy an ipad just to play hearthstone right? I have a tablet already and a very good smartphone (galaxy s4).

But if I were to buy an ipad, which would be the best value? Runs it smooth 30fps and cheapest.

its coming to android later this year.

For those who have Hearthstone downloaded on your iPad in the US, is it ok to switch your account back to the US after you download it?

Also, does anyone know what effects this will have when the app releases in the US itunes store? And how about buying packs?

Just want a little info before I switch over.

no affects. you can't buy packs naturally without attaching a card, but you can always just buy packs on your pc.

RkOwnage

its coming to android later this year.

no affects. you can't buy packs naturally without attaching a card, but you can always just buy packs on your pc.

But when the app comes out in US store, will I be able to go about buying them as normal? Just fact checking before I change over to download it. Pros outweigh the cons currently.

johnsmith

remember me
But when the app comes out in US store, will I be able to go about buying them as normal? Just fact checking before I change over to download it. Pros outweigh the cons currently.

When it comes out in the US just delete the app and redownload from the US store?

Granted I don't have a tablet of any kind, but I just bought an Ipad Mini w/retina screen almost specifically to play this...It arrives tomorrow.

According the comparison screens, it's exactly the same (performance wise) as the Ipad Air, except it's smaller...Another user said HS ran well on it...Plus there's a few other cool games for IOS I want to try-PvZ 2 and FTL...So, I'd say get an Ipad Mini w/retina. I went with the 16gb and a cover...came out to be 400 bucks...I don't see myself a big IOS gamer, so this seemed like a decent fit for me..

Ranked was a lot easier today. Almost everybody I played from 20-17 was playing aggro, so I guess all the higher ranked players have sorted themselves back into their proper places by now.

Currently sitting on 1150 gold. Maybe it's about time I started doing some arena runs. Only done one so far a few months back. Feels intimidating for some reason though.

br3wnor

I'd get iPad mini retina (unless you're flush with cash than get the air, thing feels incredible in your hand). Game will run flawless and I'd make solid bet you'll start using iPad for all your tablet needs and eventually could sell the android.

Ragnaros "duels" at 7 HP with no cards is hilarious.

Luckily I drew mirror image as my last card (second to last was arcane intellect lulz) so the odds were a bit more stacked in my favor, but I was sweating bullets. I thought I deserved the win because I played the match as well as I could against his stacked control warrior deck, even though I had a relatively poor opening. He also had a Black Knight which I don't think is "standard" in these decks and totally wrecked my water elemental/protector play to protect my gadgetzan

NBtoaster

Most irritating bug at the moment is how the arrows which show what card your oponent is targeting are often not what the actually targetted. Keeps giving me false hope.

mikeebi3

Currently sitting on 1150 gold. Maybe it's about time I started doing some arena runs. Only done one so far a few months back. Feels intimidating for some reason though.
you really shouldn't be buying packs with gold. Doing arena runs is good experience for figuring out how to last in the arena gauntlet and you're guaranteed a pack even if you zonk out with no wins

Flayer

you really shouldn't be buying packs with gold. Doing arena runs is good experience for figuring out how to last in the arena gauntlet and you're guaranteed a pack even if you zonk out with no wins
Generally true but I'm at over 4k gold because Arenas take so long to get their 1 pack back and according to my Arena stats I make an average of 129 gold per run (so lose 21 gold on average per go) which means I build up gold every day. I'm still not spending the gold on packs though because I reckon it will be better spent once they release new cards because I'm not missing many current cards (and the cards I am missing are mostly epics and legendaries) so I'd basically just be buying dust.

Minsc

Gold Member
Generally true but I'm at over 4k gold because Arenas take so long to get their 1 pack back and according to my Arena stats I make an average of 129 gold per run (so lose 21 gold on average per go) which means I build up gold every day. I'm still not spending the gold on packs though because I reckon it will be better spent once they release new cards because I'm not missing many current cards (and the cards I am missing are mostly epics and legendaries) so I'd basically just be buying dust.

Once you hit around ~19,000 gold, you'll have to start being careful and spending a little here and there, that 20,000 gold limit will come shortly.

-psygnosis-

Neo Member

Arena will help you to get better overall and it`s probably the most fun mode anyway because you can never be sure what you`re opponent will play (maybe 4 swipes and 5 druids of the claw as cards are random and not restricted to two of each), here is a good guide and spreadsheets for every class in arena with a table showing you what are the best picks for your class: http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone-arena-card-rankings-spreadsheets

Go for it : )

KeRaSh

The iPad version works like a charm (iPad mini retina). I even got Al'Akir from the free pack. I already crafted him a while ago so it's only 400 free dust...

so i bought $50 of packs.... now what lol.

Should i just pick 1 hero and dust up everything else?

Man, its been ages since i've played a tcg online or irl where you don't just have access to all the cards to dick around with lol.

So i guess finding some decks online would be a good place to start, while subbing in other stuff for the legendaries could be ok.

Do gold versions of cards do anything or are they just for looks?

Minsc

Gold Member
so i bought $50 of packs.... now what lol.

Should i just pick 1 hero and dust up everything else?

Man, its been ages since i've played a tcg online or irl where you don't just have access to all the cards to dick around with lol.

So i guess finding some decks online would be a good place to start, while subbing in other stuff for the legendaries could be ok.

Do gold versions of cards do anything or are they just for looks?

I'd only dust unique stuff if you plan on making a deck for getting to legendary, otherwise, just dust the extras... you'll probably want the cards back eventually, and crafting is not done in your favor, you only get 1/4th the dust needed to craft a new card from the same tier from dusting, so it's a huge loss to dust > re-craft, with the exception of golden cards.

Gold versions are just for looks, and they dust for the same value as a non-gold version, instead of 1/4th it. So you can turn a golden rare to any normal rare, golden legendary to any normal one, etc. Dusting golden legendaries is a little iffy, because again at some point, if you ever want one, it's 3,200 dust to get it back... so just be sure you won't lol.

My best advice for what to do next is just enjoy it and not burn out. Play a couple games a day (not endless hours), a few arenas a week, and see how you make out. When you start losing games 2-3+ in a row, take out cards from the deck that aren't helping you and swap them for stuff you wish you drew instead. Meta always changes, so there's not really a perfect deck to build. I think if you just go all out and start playing 4+ hours a day, you risk getting bored and very upset/raging over the game at times.

really curious how an iphone version would work. they can't just simply copy paste over the pc version like the ipad one.

Probably have to rejigger stuff and maybe cut out portraits or something like the old gba ygo games.

s28299_GBA_7.jpg

Haunted

Am I pro yet?

ny30i3R.png
6 weapons is a lot. You've got a good 20+ turns of durability in this deck, without enough late game cards to support such a long game.

I'd get rid of the Light's Justice, Blessing of Might and one Humility and get some Aldor Peacekeepers in there. Also, you barely have any worthwhile minions to play to really take advantage of the Sword of Justice. Either get some token producers in there (Imp Master or Violet Teacher) or some strong basic minions, like Chillwind Yeti, Azure Drake or Silver Hand Knight.

Also, Blessed Champion sucks and you're better of with an Argent Commander (would also give you something for the 6-slot).

Alternatively, if you want to go full Divine Shield build - you could put some Scarlet Crusaders, Silvermoon Guardians and a Blood Knight in there for synergy.

Miletius

I know it's not a popular opinion here but I've all but given up arena. I usually have 1 up to play through on a whim but Hearthstone is a much more casual experience for me. I'll usually log in every couple of days, do the dailies that I have and then open a pack or two. Keeps my playtime at under 1 hour usually, and I get a pack at the end. Perfect way to build up your card reserve without the time commitment of Arena.

Edit: makes more sense without the quote.

H1PSTER

6 weapons is a lot. You've got a good 20+ turns of durability in this deck, without enough late game cards to support such a long game.

I'd get rid of the Light's Justice, Blessing of Might and one Humility and get some Aldor Peacekeepers in there. Also, you barely have any worthwhile minions to play to really take advantage of the Sword of Justice. Either get some token producers in there (Imp Master or Violet Teacher) or some strong basic minions, like Chillwind Yeti, Azure Drake or Silver Hand Knight.

Also, Blessed Champion sucks and you're better of with an Argent Commander (would also give you something for the 6-slot).

Alternatively, if you want to go full Divine Shield build - you could put some Scarlet Crusaders, Silvermoon Guardians and a Blood Knight in there for synergy.

Thank you, the Divine Shield build sounds amazing.

This is what I've made so far with your recommendations, no dust to afford anything else sadly.

I would drop the hands of protection, one of the swords of justice and the blessed champion(it is a bad card). you need 2 equalities. maybe add a pyromancer.

i would also drop the blessing of kings and think about adding some combination of blessing of mights and wolf riders. maybe even bluegill.

Interfectum

Just that it's down the road, same as iPhone. Maybe we'll hear more next week, but I'm not expecting it for a decent amount of time, 3-6 months.

Yup. The problem with the Android version is going to be testing it for different hardware configs and screen aspect ratios. With Hearthstone being so UI heavy that's going to take a bit of work and time. Also, I have no idea how they are going to pull off this game on an iPhone. Should be interesting to see.

Minsc

Gold Member
Yup. The problem with the Android version is going to be testing it for different hardware configs and screen aspect ratios. With Hearthstone being so UI heavy that's going to take a bit of work and time. Also, I have no idea how they are going to pull off this game on an iPhone. Should be interesting to see.

SolForge is on iPhone, along with numerous other CCGs, and I don't see what's so special about Hearthstone that they'd not be able to make it work, most games have no trouble showing the 2 lanes of battlefield and your hand on the screen.

Mareg

Canadian here.

I've been playing this on my iPad 4 since yesterday. It is way too adictive !
But daaaam is it bug ridden. I basically have to restart the app almost every match. I constantly get error messages about getting disconnected from the blizz servers.
But still, I am immensively enjoying myself. Cheers Blibli, you did it again :)

Interfectum

SolForge is on iPhone, along with numerous other CCGs, and I don't see what's so special about Hearthstone that they'd not be able to make it work, most games have no trouble showing the 2 lanes of battlefield and your hand on the screen.

Huh, this being my first CCG I guess I can't picture it being shrunk down that much. I'll try SolForge to get an idea. I'm pretty excited to have this on my iphone... Hearthstone access 24/7.

bigkrev

Solforge doesn't have targeting like this does. I bet many a mage are going to be screaming when they hero power the wrong thing because of how tiny everything ends up being

Solforge doesn't have targeting like this does. I bet many a mage are going to be screaming when they hero power the wrong thing because of how tiny everything ends up being

a 'confirm action' prompt could be the easy/lazy solution without an entire UI overhaul.

shadow era is a better example of what you'd expect from this on iphone i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom